Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-28, 10:10   Link #1701
redlynxks
Anonymous Person

WHat happened to baka reader ex? the web novels disappeared :'(
Old 2014-07-28, 10:11   Link #1702
iceaco

Hmm the recent change to the B-T page begs the question - what to do when someone decides to translate v4 LN? Move the existing pages to new Web Chapter pages or override.. and how would they know what to do.

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 10:13   Link #1703
iceaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlynxks View Post
WHat happened to baka reader ex? the web novels disappeared :'(
I'm still seeing them. Is mine cached?
Last time the collapsible tag broke it. Did you refresh?
At least I think in To Aru Index the collapsible didnt break BakaReader

Old 2014-07-28, 10:19   Link #1704
redlynxks
Anonymous Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaco View Post
I'm still seeing them. Is mine cached?
Last time the collapsible tag broke it. Did you refresh?
At least I think in To Aru Index the collapsible didnt break BakaReader
Try to delete the novel and then dl it again.

PS.

I deleted it because i noticed that it's not updating no matter what i do and so when i did that all the web novels disappeared and only the translated ln remains
Old 2014-07-28, 10:36   Link #1705
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaco View Post
Hmm the recent change to the B-T page begs the question - what to do when someone decides to translate v4 LN? Move the existing pages to new Web Chapter pages or override.. and how would they know what to do.
I say move the to Web chapter to another section once someone have started the LN chapter.
Why waste translator time and effect by overriding it or removing them just because they are web version and the LN is out? Also some might want to read both version to compare the different.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 10:36   Link #1706
iceaco

In my case the web novel didn't disappear but it wouldn't pull the latest stuff.
This remodel is getting to more trouble than it's worth.
We might be better off replacing the web novel with LN translation when it comes out.

I know KuroiHikari wants all semantics and stuff but it's not like Log Horizon where there's only 1 volume of translated web chapters. This one has 10+ volumes, which is more than the LN.. And someone would have to MOVE the 40+ BT pages that's out there.. That is asking a bit too much from editors and translators when we are not sure we have the right to do so.

Old 2014-07-28, 11:00   Link #1707
Kaito Yamakage

In 5+ more years when the LN catches up to the WNs current point I'd say that would be a good time to have this discussion.

Though by then the WN might have another 20 volumes out.

I don't know if the first volume Silent did is LN based or not, but I compared some of it and it matches up almost word for word, not in terms of translation, but the lines all match up with no extra or removed lines. Just the content of them was lightly changed in some places.

I don't really mind them being split into sections, though if you make it too hard to figure out where either one is or "disconnect" them then people might assume that the content only goes up to volume 4 currently or miss out it entirely, tread carefully.
Kaito Yamakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 11:03   Link #1708
iceaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
In 5+ more years when the LN catches up to the WNs current point I'd say that would be a good time to have this discussion.

Though by then the WN might have another 20 volumes out.

I don't know if the first volume Silent did is LN based or not, but I compared some of it and it matches up almost word for word, not in terms of translation, but the lines all match up with no extra or removed lines. Just the content of them was lightly changed in some places.

I don't really mind them being split into sections, though if you make it too hard to figure out where either one is or "disconnect" them then people might assume that the content only goes up to volume 4 currently or miss out it entirely, tread carefully.
Looks like what the requestor wanted are two:
1. Renaming the pages (e.g. Right now we have Volume_5_Chapter_5, they wanted Web_Volume_5_Chapter_5 or Web_Chapter_48).
2. Separating the section like Log Horizon.

This is one of the cases where they look at one thing and decided it should be a convention..

For example one of the B-T mods deleted my links from Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden registration page where I linked the original blog just like we do in Mushoku Tensei. Their convention and our convention are different..

Old 2014-07-28, 11:45   Link #1709
Silentwolfie

The first volume of Mushoku is entirely from the book but I didn't do any QC on it (Plot is intact, but may not be word for word, some localization). I think I continued from the web novel around volume 2 ch 4 or 5, can't really be sure.

PS: Also, I would have TLed things as F*ck damn! or F*ck yeah, mainly because I see nano as emphasis. So replace nano with an English emphasis word.
Silentwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 11:56   Link #1710
Kaito Yamakage

It was actually just a mutated bark all along and intended to be translated as "Woof."

The cause for it is the Laplace Factor that Purusena possess has invaded her throat and mutated it as such.
Old 2014-07-28, 12:20   Link #1711
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

^is it not "Wan"..?

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 12:25   Link #1712
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
^is it not "Wan"..?
Would be too normal for a Laplace mutation.
Old 2014-07-28, 12:48   Link #1713
ninthlite

whats the deal with volume 9? Did somebody claim all the chapters, or only posted google translate chapters with no intention of translating.
ninthlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 13:06   Link #1714
iceaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthlite View Post
whats the deal with volume 9? Did somebody claim all the chapters, or only posted google translate chapters with no intention of translating.
My guess is it's plain google translate. First the person insisted it was normal translation. Then they admitted it's machine translation, but claimed to use 6 different MTs. I am not convinced because there are some untranslated kanji and romaji.

I would like to say the latter. As long as a real translator gets to them I don't really worry. Kaito and Vanant and Skui are happily treading along anyway. They'll get there sooner or later.

Old 2014-07-28, 13:11   Link #1715
Ahou
Worshipper of 3 Goddesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthlite View Post
He is using 6 different machines to translate.

Still feels like it is copy and pasted from GT but I guess that is what you get when you used machine translators

edit: ninjaed ;<

also english doesn't seem to be his first language as he wrote on his profile "well as anuone can tell i cant read japen yet so to componsa im using 6 machine translation comparing editing and finaly posting yhe result but i have a time when i want to finich quik so i post a result from one of 6 translator". So I guess wait for the other translators to fix it
Ahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 13:14   Link #1716
DarkD

It doesn't matter how many translators you use... A machine translation is a machine translation... They are all garbage with an accuracy rate around 10-20% (with proofreading). At best you can get the general idea of where the plot is heading.
DarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 13:18   Link #1717
Ahou
Worshipper of 3 Goddesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkD View Post
It doesn't matter how many translators you use... A machine translation is a machine translation... They are all garbage with an accuracy rate around 10-20% (with proofreading). At best you can get the general idea of where the plot is heading.
Well, as long as he isn't hogging the chapters (which I don't think he is) then its fine to let the guy try.

I would like to help, but too bad I don't know any japanese =/
Ahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 13:48   Link #1718
iceaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahou View Post
Well, as long as he isn't hogging the chapters (which I don't think he is) then its fine to let the guy try.

I would like to help, but too bad I don't know any japanese =/
That's why people like me can only help edit because that's the best we can do (and sometimes I still make mistakes when editing too sigh)

Old 2014-07-28, 13:59   Link #1719
Kaito Yamakage

My translation brain works at 10MP(Machine Power).

Almost done with Rain in the Forest.
Old 2014-07-28, 14:06   Link #1720
iceaco

@Skuizaan spacing looks off because in wiki the 1st line break is not considered a line break at all. When editing, I use Notepad++ to force all those line break to be double line break. (regex replace)

Last edited by iceaco; 2014-07-28 at 23:00. Reason: wrong reference

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel