AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-11, 05:22   Link #1881
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxis View Post
Umm... This is my personal opinion but wouldn't anyone else like to see the cast get a new wardrobe especially the girls, i mean is it that hard to just draw something different its not like its a manga so it shouldn't be too hard see as even izayoi's outfit has been changed in volume 5. Also imagine if izayoi had learnt a proper martial art like taekwondo or got kenjuus like Akatsuki from STB... IT WOULD BE LEGENDARY!!!
The clothes of kasukabe dont matter because she'll transform enough that the clothes are meaningless. Izayoi learning a proper martial art may seem legendary but it takes away izayoi's best traits.
The fact that he's just pure raw power with very little technical training and the lack of restraint he shows.

Think about this. Translated this LN Translates roughly to "Problem Children are Coming from another world" but Asuka really isnt that problematic just a rich girl who happens to be able to forciby control people's actions, Kasukabe is a girl who might have even been paralyzed before she got the genome tree but pretty much only wants to be friends with animals. Izayoi breaks that mold completely he is a true problem child enough intelligence that he can figure out complicated problems like they're nothing. Defeating powerful foes like its nothing. Before Azi dhaka the kid basically made a fool out of the entire little garden and did it with very little effort Izayoi is pretty much the only true problem child
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 06:04   Link #1882
mPervy
Professional NEET

Well, I agree with you General! If we carefully look at it, the real problem children is only Izayoi while Kasukabe was more like ignorant youth while Asuka was typical rich girl who like to try living as peasants so both of them show some strange and behaviour sometimes.

Also, I hope people didn't start comparing Izayoi with Kojou from StB. Izayoi si bad ass chara to the core with super OP power, while Kojou is just some OP chara who has no back bone at all. What's with the sh*t of that girl catchprase "NO, IT'S OUR FIGHT!"? Even if Kojou has that much power he stil relies on his girls? Even their personality was super different with Izayoi confidence and suave personality while Kojou look like a wimp who only got hotblooded after he summon his kenjuu... SO, I CAN'T ACCEPT IT...!?
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 07:46   Link #1883
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
Well, I agree with you General! If we carefully look at it, the real problem children is only Izayoi while Kasukabe was more like ignorant youth while Asuka was typical rich girl who like to try living as peasants so both of them show some strange and behaviour sometimes.

Also, I hope people didn't start comparing Izayoi with Kojou from StB. Izayoi si bad ass chara to the core with super OP power, while Kojou is just some OP chara who has no back bone at all. What's with the sh*t of that girl catchprase "NO, IT'S OUR FIGHT!"? Even if Kojou has that much power he stil relies on his girls? Even their personality was super different with Izayoi confidence and suave personality while Kojou look like a wimp who only got hotblooded after he summon his kenjuu... SO, I CAN'T ACCEPT IT...!?
kasukabe wasnt ignorant as much as she was sheltered if i remember correctly Kasukabe technically cant even walk without the power of the genome tree. And i havent been called general in a long time
Old 2014-08-11, 08:20   Link #1884
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
I think you have got me wrong, i wasn't comparing izayoi with kojou infact that would be an insult just stating the fact that izayoi would own him. If at all i were to compare to another character in terms of awesomeness it would be tatsuya from mahouka though i find him boring so thats a no brainer no offense to mahouka fans.

To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.

Alyxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 08:49   Link #1885
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
I think you have got me wrong, i wasn't comparing izayoi with kojou infact that would be an insult just stating the fact that izayoi would own him. If at all i were to compare to another character in terms of awesomeness it would be tatsuya from mahouka though i find him boring so thats a no brainer no offense to mahouka fans.
i think honestly the best comparision to Izayoi that you have in anime i can think of is a character like Lelouch from Code geass or Light from Death note. While each has 2 of the 3 characteristics i mentioned earlier the one they dont have they make up for it rather nicely in the way they use the people around them.

I mentioned before that most characters dont have all 3 of the key male MC traits if you want somebody who has all 3 its Akatsuki from hagure yuusha (plus he has the pervy mind that izayoi has as well) thats the closest comparision i have to Izayoi
Old 2014-08-11, 11:24   Link #1886
The One-way Road

Personally I think it's rather useless to compare characters from different series to each other power-wise, because their powers can only be measured in their own universe.
To me, it's fine when comparing character traits, but you can't really compare the powers of a magical universe to that of techno-verse, because what is OP in one would have to be considered equal to what is OP in the other.
Like the spell to destroy the galaxy - the strongest mecha in the galaxy.
They are OP in their own verse, but not when compared flat out to each other.

Last edited by The One-way Road; 2014-08-11 at 18:04.
The One-way Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 11:25   Link #1887
mPervy
Professional NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
kasukabe wasnt ignorant as much as she was sheltered if i remember correctly Kasukabe technically cant even walk without the power of the genome tree. And i havent been called general in a long time
In the heart of all members of the old DxD thread, You'll always be our General.

Quote:
Oh, sorry about that! My mistake! Well, I agree with you that Izayoi would own that Kojou. It's the 1rst time I hate a main chara for a long times after that Ichibastard.
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 11:55   Link #1888
ImperialFlameGod8190

thank you mPervy
Old 2014-08-12, 02:32   Link #1889
Haru00

Seeing as how powerful Izayoi is, who do u think can beat him besides Azi. Characters from different anime/manga/LN can be used.
Haru00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 04:16   Link #1890
The One-way Road

Shirayasha.
The One-way Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 05:14   Link #1891
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One-way Road View Post
Shirayasha.
actually i dont think she could beat him if they fight it would be real damn interesting
Old 2014-08-12, 05:19   Link #1892
blueexorcist

I got the raw scan copy for volume 11 but unfortunately i cant read jap well enough to understand the story
blueexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 05:58   Link #1893
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru00 View Post
Seeing as how powerful Izayoi is, who do u think can beat him besides Azi. Characters from different anime/manga/LN can be used.
A bunch of characters from other series.. Anyone above solar system+ destruction level.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 06:58   Link #1894
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
A bunch of characters from other series.. Anyone above solar system+ destruction level.
because of the uniqueness of his abilities the only characters who could outright beat him would be the likes of Goku and vegeta in DBZ and they'd probably need to go at least SS2 to do it.
The one that amuses me would be the MC from One Punch man.
Dream battle him vs Zaraki Kenpachi (after he gains his swords name)

Itd be amusing to see him deal with Lelouch's Geass or the Millenium rod from Yu-gi-oh but thats it.
Old 2014-08-12, 08:42   Link #1895
Quol
That Guy

If a floor 3 demon lord was this much of a threat i cant help but imagine what a 2 or 1 demon lord would be like.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 08:47   Link #1896
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
If a floor 3 demon lord was this much of a threat i cant help but imagine what a 2 or 1 demon lord would be like.
Actually, Azi Dahaka surpassed even 1 digits. He was only a 3 digit because 1 and 2 are reserved for gods or buddhas or something.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 09:09   Link #1897
blueexorcist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Actually, Azi Dahaka surpassed even 1 digits. He was only a 3 digit because 1 and 2 are reserved for gods or buddhas or something.
yeah I also remember in vol 6 or 7, they did mention he was originally 3 digits but after some event ( cant remember what). Azi Dahaka and his team manage to surpass their limit and become super strong to the point that they can kill a million god with a punch or something along the line. So I personally i dont think we should consider his strength the same as a 3 digit. Just like how shiroyasha is not 4 digit but stronger without her limiters
blueexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 10:01   Link #1898
whitecloud

by the way...why shiroyasha not help fight azi? she have several sun authority and limiter removed right?
Old 2014-08-12, 10:11   Link #1899
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
by the way...why shiroyasha not help fight azi? she have several sun authority and limiter removed right?
Last I remember she was trying to get help from the gods in the upper level but ran into Sun Wukong who revealed a shocking truth.

Spoiler:
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 12:04   Link #1900
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru00 View Post
Hmm... Shiba Tatsuya from Mahouka could give a good fight.

To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.

Alyxis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko