AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-09-13, 11:11   Link #5401
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Kagawa returns to Dortmund and starts. Scores a good goal and made a great assist too. Why couldn't Moyes or LVG just play him utilize him properly?

Tomorrow's game better be promising.
Old 2014-09-13, 12:40   Link #5402
Bri

Kagawa is at his best as an attacking midfielder for a passing team that likes to press and when he can play of a target man striker. United isn't that type of team.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 16:33   Link #5403
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

For the record, United just had too many players with low football IQs and some of those like Young, Jones and Valencia are still at the club. I still have a hard time understanding why those idiots were not get sold long before Kagawa did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Kagawa is at his best as an attacking midfielder for a passing team that likes to press and when he can play of a target man striker. United isn't that type of team.
That's where that Scouse/Toffee is such a prick for forgetting that he can play as a center forward while keeping his ass up front instead of impeding with teammates' positioning. If one has the ability to go back in time and change something, Fergie should have sold Rooney before Moyes had any chance of reacting on the case. THAT would have allowed the transition to start earlier.

If United doesn't show any form of proper progress tomorrow, people will want answers. End rant.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 19:43   Link #5404
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

The one who's playing at a level unknown even for him it's Costa, 7 goals in 4 matches, that's has to be some kind of record
Old 2014-09-13, 21:44   Link #5405
Azuma Denton
~AD~

And not to mention Fabregas has the most assist currently...
Wonder what reaction Wenger will have after seeing his magician vanish again last night...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 22:43   Link #5406
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

its all comes down to playing ozil on the left. it doesn't work. wilshere has been in good form lately, but screwing your most prized asset isn't going to work in the long run. on another note, it seems like we're finally gelling together. slowly.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 23:09   Link #5407
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I am now concerned about how thin Arsenal backline is...
Especially there is rumour that Debuchy could go down for at least one month...
Old 2014-09-14, 09:58   Link #5408
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

recall jenko. easy as. or play bellerin (?), as he impressed me during the community shield.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2014-09-14, 11:58   Link #5409
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I know it was only QPR, but it was a very enjoyable display by United (4-0). It must be the first time in a while that we can genuinely say that we dominated midfield (so much that the other team can't catch up) and that the passing game was very fluid (something that was lacking for a few years now) at the same time.

Di Maria (MOTM) and Herrera scored their first goals for United, plus Di Maria really found Mata in a good spot for the first goal. Blind was also very solid in his game of shielding the back 4. Falcao came on as a sub and had a good chance to score too; credit to the goalkeeper for closing the angle quickly though.
Old 2014-09-14, 12:01   Link #5410
LoveYouSaber

I was kind of hoping that there would be an upset, but alas...

Anyway, good that Man U fans have something positive to look forward to now. Even though it was only QPR, but this could lead to a boost in confidence, which Man U sorely needed.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 13:01   Link #5411
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

It's been a while since I enjoyed a United game that much, Di Maria was so thrilling to watch each time he had the ball.

Hererra and Blind were terrific! RVP needs to step it up.
Old 2014-09-15, 23:27   Link #5412
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
I am now concerned about how thin Arsenal backline is...
Especially there is rumour that Debuchy could go down for at least one month...
Monreal got done for. Chambers got...tonsilitis? Arsenal will walk into the Westfalenstadion with a backline one injury away from DEFCON 2 Arsenal Injury Crisis.

Borussia Dortmund may think they have something on us, but Arsenal will never, ever give up our special record. It's ours, ours!!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 02:18   Link #5413
Azuma Denton
~AD~

News out.
Debuchy out for 3 months...
Bellerin will debut tonight...
Come on...
Old 2014-09-16, 09:12   Link #5414
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

nothing wrong with Bellerin. guy is a massive talent. i'll be more upset if Ozil starts on the left again.

Old 2014-09-16, 22:49   Link #5415
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

What was Wenger thinking sending Ozil down the left? 4-1-4-1 Arteta pivot wtf bro? We played like shit and Mkhitaryan could have made it much, much worse. Dortmund pressed hard like it's a metal concert but we weren't even trying to play our orchestra. It wasn't an orchestra. It was Nickelback, or whatshername-breakingball-Cyrus.

He cray-cray after he talked to the Big Man in Rome?

Christ, man -- no pun intended -- put the world class no. 10 in the world class no. 10 hole, not the Robert Pirès "good luck bro" deathspot. Use Prince Poldi or Santi there, or, hell, Campbell or the Ox who's both got speed to spare. Give Ramsey (and Ozil...) some fucking rest. And don't ask Arteta to do Patrick Vieira's job because I think even Xabi-fucking-Alonso would be a bit wank if he has to cover for our astray full backs and the slow Mertesacker alongside all other DM duties in that silly formation. We have the midfield depth to spare so rotate some bloody players, plz Wenger. I accept the Wilshere gamble, he's been on point so far, but there's a number of players waiting on the wings to replace the knackered first team. Tomas No-sicky? Joel Campbell? The Ox who played well every game this season so far? Podolski's who's all fired up and wants to show his worth?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 22:58   Link #5416
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Anyone would explain to me why Wenger refuses to play Ozil in the center and tries to adapt him in a position where it's clear he's not comfortable? I mean, that, plus Ozil's nature (he shuts down every once in a while) make it a total waste of talent to not play him where he belongs, kind of what Madrid does with James R...
Old 2014-09-17, 04:12   Link #5417
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I recall Ozil playing on the left wing at Bremen though.

Anyway, we won against Malmo. Despite being the easiest match of our group I was worried because of what happaned in the previous two years against Copenaghen and Nordsjaelland.

On this aspect Allegri (I still don't like him) seems to be more "mature" than Conte when it comes to CL. With Conte we probably would have run at full throttle for 90 minutes but we would have struggled to score because we would tire ourselves way more than necessary. Allegri, despite the fact that he still has to implement a new system (we're still playing with 3-5-2) at the very least changed the way the team applies intensity during the whole match. For the first time in a long time, I've seen the team gradually performing better from first half to second half instead of the opposite.

There are still a lot of things that need to improved and there are still all the new players that need to gel with the core of the team, but atleast we finally got 3 points that we could not and should not miss.

I'm also eager to see more of Morata, yesterday he came in at the last minutes and he did a few impressive things. Although he's technically Llorente's sub he looks way more agile. With him and Coman we might finally have the right set of strikers to go for a 4-3-3 formation this year.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 05:09   Link #5418
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
What was Wenger thinking sending Ozil down the left? 4-1-4-1 Arteta pivot wtf bro? We played like shit and Mkhitaryan could have made it much, much worse. Dortmund pressed hard like it's a metal concert but we weren't even trying to play our orchestra. It wasn't an orchestra. It was Nickelback, or whatshername-breakingball-Cyrus.

He cray-cray after he talked to the Big Man in Rome?

Christ, man -- no pun intended -- put the world class no. 10 in the world class no. 10 hole, not the Robert Pirès "good luck bro" deathspot. Use Prince Poldi or Santi there, or, hell, Campbell or the Ox who's both got speed to spare. Give Ramsey (and Ozil...) some fucking rest. And don't ask Arteta to do Patrick Vieira's job because I think even Xabi-fucking-Alonso would be a bit wank if he has to cover for our astray full backs and the slow Mertesacker alongside all other DM duties in that silly formation. We have the midfield depth to spare so rotate some bloody players, plz Wenger. I accept the Wilshere gamble, he's been on point so far, but there's a number of players waiting on the wings to replace the knackered first team. Tomas No-sicky? Joel Campbell? The Ox who played well every game this season so far? Podolski's who's all fired up and wants to show his worth?
Spare Wenger the wrath...
He is already 64. So you may want to consider sometimes he forget what best position for each player. Pardon him...

Anyway, no comment for last night match as we are lucky we only down to 2-0. It may be worst. (4-0 something). And like I said, Bellerin is way too green for a start against Dortmund.
Old 2014-09-17, 05:16   Link #5419
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
I recall Ozil playing on the left wing at Bremen though.
Ozil played on the left initially. His best seasons came when he only played in the No.10 position.
Old 2014-09-20, 22:53   Link #5420
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

OK, folks, some of us may have read about the poor manner in which the NFL dealt with the cases of Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice regarding domestic violence. I would like to have your opinion on this:

U.S. Soccer Ripped For Letting Hope Solo -- Accused Of Domestic Violence -- Play On

Seriously, I believe she should be banned from playing at the very least until the court gives a verdict on this. Why the double standards, anyway? Is it because she's a woman (of which I don't give a damn)... or is it because the USWNT is plain shite at the back without Solo in goal? Regardless, I don't like that sickening impression of double standards here.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2014-09-20 at 23:28.

Tags
football, soccer