AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-09-21, 14:36   Link #7041
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Damn. I hope they bring Lubbock back somehow (maybe that psycho scientist girl will revive him as a zombie) just to give him better closure than that.

Also, I love Tatsumi's Death Glare contest with Esdeath. He's not even doing anything and he still looks like a badass.
I'm actually content with Lubbock's death since he got a badass moment before and he technically did save the capital from burning.

Not to mention that Lubbock's death was meant mirror Chelesa's. I agree Tatsumi was badass during that death glare contest though.
Old 2014-09-21, 14:40   Link #7042
steam fish

that last page in chapter 53, when tatsumi was kneeling to esdese, does it mean he agrees to join her?
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 14:41   Link #7043
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Not sure if anyone else thought it'd make a difference, but I really think the author meant to add Lubbock's death scene to the last chapter. Constriction of time made the editing really sloppy.

The pacing still bugs me that his scene was glossed over so fast.

To me it would have had a bigger impact had the death happened right after readers got their heart racing watching his escape. Then it ends on a strong note with his death. Instead, we get a 1 month intermission that peeled away its momentum.
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 14:42   Link #7044
Homura7

And to think all this happened because Tatsumi didn't kill Suzuka...
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 14:43   Link #7045
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam fish View Post
that last page in chapter 53, when tatsumi was kneeling to esdese, does it mean he agrees to join her?
..................I'm going to go ahead and assume you haven't read the translated version.

No, he was not submitting. He was getting to his feet in defiance of her. the little stare down here was Tatsumi confirming (for the last time, it appears) that he will never join her.
Old 2014-09-21, 14:58   Link #7046
Shungin12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post
Spoiler for Do not click unless you watched World War Z:
That would be interesting
Shungin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 14:59   Link #7047
Shungin12

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
And to think all this happened because Tatsumi didn't kill Suzuka...
yep everything is tatsumi fault
Shungin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 15:00   Link #7048
Homura7

I dind't say that! Tatsumi is not at fault that demon chick's body is so resilient.
Old 2014-09-21, 15:02   Link #7049
ta2666

He did drop a building on her.
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 15:05   Link #7050
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

About public execution:
Maybe we're all looking at different translations, but the psylocke scan in the second to last page makes it look like Esdeath intends to kill Tatsumi herself right then and there.
Quote:
If you will never be mine, I'll at least give you death by my own hands. I won't let anyone else touch you. Tatsumi of Night Raid...YOU WILL DIE.
Then I suppose the next page shows Tatsumi standing up to face his fate.

"Othinus, what’s with this hell of panties? You’re getting lazy with these new worlds now, aren’t you? Zzz…” -Kamijou Touma
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 15:07   Link #7051
Homura7

Come to think of it, you're right. A public execution would mean Tatsumi is paraded in front of the masses to watch how his execution takes place. This translation changes it.

It's like Esdeath, realizing it's almost time for his public execution to take place, hence why she looked behind her to see the sun rising, took that decision on the spot.
Old 2014-09-21, 15:21   Link #7052
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
..................I'm going to go ahead and assume you haven't read the translated version.

No, he was not submitting. He was getting to his feet in defiance of her. the little stare down here was Tatsumi confirming (for the last time, it appears) that he will never join her.
Given that the conversation is ultimately about choice (which lover and which faction), you could also look at the scene as a choice for Esdeath. Guess we'll find out next chapter.
Old 2014-09-21, 15:25   Link #7053
ta2666

Just to be devils advocate, it could mean. She turned around when light came through the door. He says, times up my answer doesn't change. She accepts it, and decides to be the one to off him in public.
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 15:41   Link #7054
arthand

Damn that Lubbock if he didnt get caught he could have saved Tatsumi with shambala , i think we may get a time skip after Tatsumis execution .
arthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 15:41   Link #7055
Homura7

Anyone can link me to Takahiro's twitter? Apparently he said Suzuka was killed by Esdeath when she slammed her face on the wall, but somehow I doubt the veracity of that statement.
Old 2014-09-21, 15:55   Link #7056
Seitsuki
Onee!

https://twitter.com/takahiro4p

No idea how twitter works so all I could see were retweets about anime.
Old 2014-09-21, 16:10   Link #7057
ShiroiRyu

Really ?
Ah ...
I'm a little too sad ... x_x
Old 2014-09-21, 16:11   Link #7058
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrueckter View Post
About public execution:
Maybe we're all looking at different translations, but the psylocke scan in the second to last page makes it look like Esdeath intends to kill Tatsumi herself right then and there.

Then I suppose the next page shows Tatsumi standing up to face his fate.
This is how I pictured it too.

This scene is also reminiscent of General Liver's relief from jail. She must have really expected Tatsumi to give in to her. The response however was the complete opposite.

I believe Esdeath is very frustrated at this point with Tatsumi. Her death sentence may be a last resort to coerce Tatsumi into joining. There is always hesitance in this woman when it comes to Tatsumi. Her decision won't be absolute.
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 16:14   Link #7059
Homura7

Nevermind, false alarm. Her status in the wikia is listed as alive and there's no mention of a tweet from Takahiro.
Old 2014-09-21, 16:20   Link #7060
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Good lord , Esdeath finally returns to her old strong willed and merciless self .

But i wonder if she still have some feelings left , if she does , she may plans to fake Tasumi death , nah , may be i hope too much :P .

What if Tatsumi didn't join the NR in the 1st place ?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!