AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-09-21, 19:46   Link #1581
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Well, the epilogue was not written by Urobuchi.
This. I'm also not entirely sure how that preview will work, since it showed a lot of people who otherwise had their drivers destroyed using them as if they were never destroyed. Yet they mention Kouta's not around anymore, yet they still show him (though it might just be a mental thing, like Goku when Gohan used the Super Kamehameha to destroy Cell). Then again, there's that leaked photo from the last episode, so who knows.

That said, this ending. Wow. I really enjoyed it. Zack was a total bro up through the end, trying to help Michy cope and be his friend again. And Takatora survived after all! He suffered brain damage due to oxygen deprivation, but nothing a little Kouta slap to the mind-butt can't fix.

I really liked how they kept switching between real battle and possible battle with Kouta vs Kaito, too.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 04:59   Link #1582
Shyni

Well that sure was an episode.
Spoiler for Gaim episode 46:
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 06:38   Link #1583
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can't believe Takatora is alive. It's great, but it kind of feels like a cop-out to alleviate Mitchy's sins and make it easier for him to earn redemption. Having him trying to gain redemption while shouldering the weight of killing his brother would have been more interesting.

Overall, the ending was very good. I was relieved we didn't get a reset. Now that it's almost over, I'd say Gaim's greatest strength was its characters. All of the main characters had strong personalities and are very memorable.

Now, let's see what the final episode has in store for us.
Old 2014-09-22, 06:48   Link #1584
Shyni

To be fair, Kamen Rider in general has this "thing" with death, so it doesn't feel all that shocking after some other series.

Spoiler for Double, OOO, Fourze and Movie War Megamax:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
This. I'm also not entirely sure how that preview will work, since it showed a lot of people who otherwise had their drivers destroyed using them as if they were never destroyed. Yet they mention Kouta's not around anymore, yet they still show him (though it might just be a mental thing, like Goku when Gohan used the Super Kamehameha to destroy Cell). Then again, there's that leaked photo from the last episode, so who knows.
Spoiler for next ep preview:
Old 2014-09-22, 07:20   Link #1585
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

A fitting end to an epic series, I would say. Yup, no Ryuki ending folks. Oh, and...

HELL YEAH!!! Muh nigga Takatora is alive!

Anyways, I wonder what's in store for the final episode. Only 2 Armored Riders are left to protect the world from Jam. And finally, Rest in Peace, Kaito Kumon. Your awesomeness will always be remembered. You lived as a badass, you died as a badass.
Old 2014-09-23, 18:03   Link #1586
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

More Driver X Gaim pictures:

Spoiler for Set to be released on 13th December:
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 22:37   Link #1587
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Some nice fruity deserts for you guys:

Ranbu Escalation MV

Never Surrender (Full Ver.)

Rise Up Your Flag (Full Ver.)
Old 2014-09-25, 15:29   Link #1588
Sargad

Have to see ep. 46. Gaim put a few off with the fruit theme, but the story is one of the better ones in the KR franchise.
Sargad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 17:06   Link #1589
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Thanks for the links .

Only thing Ranbu Escalation is missing is Gaim in Kiwami Arms...

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-09-25 at 17:16.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 07:52   Link #1590
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargad View Post
Have to see ep. 46. Gaim put a few off with the fruit theme, but the story is one of the better ones in the KR franchise.
I wasn't too keen on the fruit theme at first, but it turned out to be really great. I love the whole lockseed concept.
Old 2014-09-26, 11:13   Link #1591
Jimmy C

Now that Gaim is over, how does everyone think it measures up to Urobuchi's previous greats, like Fate/Zero and Madoka?
I think Gaim will be the show he will be most remembered for. F/Z, PMMM and all the other anime since PMMM were late night anime. Kamen Rider is Japan's equivalent of Dr. Who as a long-lived franchise and he wrote one of the best of the series of all time, not just of the recent era.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 11:21   Link #1592
GDB

Considering Madoka's popularity, that might trump Gaim in terms of what he's remembered for. But it's hard to gauge since most people on this site would have an anime bias in terms of thinking what's popular.

Also, Doctor Who, not Dr. Who. Doctor is a name, Dr. is a title.
Old 2014-09-26, 18:15   Link #1593
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I really badly wish that Gaim will have an anime...
Old 2014-09-26, 19:08   Link #1594
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think you can compare Gaim to the likes of Madoka and F/Z though. Both of those are more mature-oriented.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 20:58   Link #1595
Jimmy C

How do you measure a story as "mature?" What do PMMM and F/Z have in that regard that Gaim doesn't?
Old 2014-09-27, 01:10   Link #1596
Shyni

I think he means that they aired in an "adult" timeslot while Gaim was in the kids' programming block.
Old 2014-09-27, 01:29   Link #1597
Jimmy C

That doesn't make it any less mature than its predecessors.
Old 2014-09-27, 09:18   Link #1598
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Now that Gaim is over, how does everyone think it measures up to Urobuchi's previous greats, like Fate/Zero and Madoka?
I think Gaim will be the show he will be most remembered for. F/Z, PMMM and all the other anime since PMMM were late night anime. Kamen Rider is Japan's equivalent of Dr. Who as a long-lived franchise and he wrote one of the best of the series of all time, not just of the recent era.
In Japan, maybe. In the west, no way in hell. The Kamen Rider/tokusatsu fanbase is way too niche over here. I'd wager the majority of Urobuchi's anime fanbase will never watch it.

As for how it fares against Fate/Zero and Madoka quality wise, it's a really tough call. All of them are great, it all comes down to personal taste. None is objectively better. I love all three. Gaim is slightly ahead, but that might be because it's more recent and the excitement hasn't faded yet.
Old 2014-09-27, 09:47   Link #1599
GDB

I'd still put Madoka and Fate/Zero ahead (in that order) purely due to them not being screwed around with by executive order like Gaim was. There were enough plot holes (usually due to executives wanting to change things) that it's not as tight a story as one would hope for. That doesn't detract from how great the series was, but it makes it tougher to compare to the things that he made his name known from.
Old 2014-09-27, 22:05   Link #1600
Mephos

Copyright issues made me lose a sense of how bad-ass the ending would've been.

Regardless, it was enjoyable and hey, it ended with a kick and I love it for that.

Now waiting for the next ride!
Mephos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu