AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-01, 17:13   Link #441
ChampDream
Alive

That was a nice ending, everyone seem fine and happy, for some reason I found funny the part with Heito holding a teddy bear.
Old 2014-10-01, 18:28   Link #442
Chosen_Hero

Thank god I dropped this disaster of an anime, never again will I watch anything from Okada, I can make better use of that time. If you like her works more power to you (you'll obviously need it), f****** Aquarion all over again.
Old 2014-10-01, 18:33   Link #443
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
for some reason I found funny the part with Heito holding a teddy bear.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that part.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 21:08   Link #444
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it was a nice ending every thing just seemed to work out for every one

6/10 need to rewatch it some time in english
Old 2014-10-01, 22:05   Link #445
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Thank god I dropped this disaster of an anime, never again will I watch anything from Okada, I can make better use of that time. If you like her works more power to you (you'll obviously need it), f****** Aquarion all over again.
You know, for someone who is “glad to drop this series” you seem awfully committed in following this thread just so you can post one final bash right at the series finale even though you don’t actually watch it since you already dropped the series early on . I mean, do you have a severe grudge for this series or something? If I were you, and really dislike the series and dropped it, I wouldn’t really care about this thread (let alone occasionally commenting and bashing a series I didn’t watch anymore). Just let it go, man. A life consumed by hate is not healthy.

Anyway, nice ending. This series it’s not without its flaws (which every mecha series has them flaws) but I do admire the unique horror-mystery approach they take and the rather consistent atmosphere and characters as well as the decent character developments. Although this anime has the usual Okada pitfall where the male MC are so attached and obsessed with a girl to the point of saying and shouting her name almost every time he got the chance to, this series still delivers on its premise to a considerable degree. Almost every important mystery is properly revealed, explained and resolved making the journey really worth it and audience like me feel rewarded with the conclusion compared to, say, Captain Earth’s ending that leaves A LOT of stuffs hanging that made me facepalm hard. This series has definitely turned better since the 2nd cour started like what many people have said in the previous pages of this thread. Definitely not a waste of time watching this. It’s nice to see a mecha series where it stays closely to the plot from beginning to end and not bogged down by the obligatory "fireworks and ‘splosions" that is the mecha fights.

That is my impression of the show’s overall quality in general. I think I’ll write something more specific about the finale after I’m done with work.
Old 2014-10-02, 04:56   Link #446
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You know, for someone who is “glad to drop this series” you seem awfully committed in following this thread just so you can post one final bash right at the series finale even though you don’t actually watch it since you already dropped the series early on . I mean, do you have a severe grudge for this series or something? If I were you, and really dislike the series and dropped it, I wouldn’t really care about this thread (let alone occasionally commenting and bashing a series I didn’t watch anymore). Just let it go, man. A life consumed by hate is not healthy.

Anyway, nice ending. This series it’s not without its flaws (which every mecha series has them flaws) but I do admire the unique horror-mystery approach they take and the rather consistent atmosphere and characters as well as the decent character developments. Although this anime has the usual Okada pitfall where the male MC are so attached and obsessed with a girl to the point of saying and shouting her name almost every time he got the chance to, this series still delivers on its premise to a considerable degree. Almost every important mystery is properly revealed, explained and resolved making the journey really worth it and audience like me feel rewarded with the conclusion compared to, say, Captain Earth’s ending that leaves A LOT of stuffs hanging that made me facepalm hard. This series has definitely turned better since the 2nd cour started like what many people have said in the previous pages of this thread. Definitely not a waste of time watching this. It’s nice to see a mecha series where it stays closely to the plot from beginning to end and not bogged down by the obligatory "fireworks and ‘splosions" that is the mecha fights.

That is my impression of the show’s overall quality in general. I think I’ll write something more specific about the finale after I’m done with work.
I didn't "follow" this series all I did was skim over sime of the things that happened in a blog I found bwcause I wanted to see how bad it got and I have to say from what I read it lived up to my very, very, very low expectations (what more could you hope from Okada?).

From what I read this was literally Aquarion Evol all over again only dumber and with a considerably lower budget (of course that's my opinion if you liked it than good for you) and no I don't have a "grudge" I just like to say what I really think instead of acting all passive aggressive, I admit this had potential back in episode 1 but it was all wasted, I gave it six episodes (more than others do). I personally couldn't get past the pretentiousness this anime gave off, trying to sound smart and be grimdark and failing at both in the worst way possible.
Old 2014-10-02, 05:34   Link #447
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I didn't "follow" this series.......
I didn't say you follow this series. I said you're following this thread to some degree.

Quote:
all I did was skim over sime of the things that happened in a blog I found bwcause I wanted to see how bad it got and I have to say from what I read it lived up to my very, very, very low expectations (what more could you hope from Okada?).

From what I read this was literally Aquarion Evol all over again only dumber and with a considerably lower budget (of course that's my opinion if you liked it than good for you) and no I don't have a "grudge" I just like to say what I really think instead of acting all passive aggressive, I admit this had potential back in episode 1 but it was all wasted, I gave it six episodes (more than others do). I personally couldn't get past the pretentiousness this anime gave off, trying to sound smart and be grimdark and failing at both in the worst way possible.
Still, you’ve spent quite an effort (reading, commenting, and whatnot) for a series you dislike and already dropped long ago. Isn’t that kinda wasting time from your perspective? It would be different if you actually watched the series until this point and keep giving negative comments (which makes it justifiable). But you're bashing without even watching it and only heard it from someone else.

Also, I don’t think this mecha series is pretentious at all. It doesn’t aim to sound smart as it’s just trying to tell a simple story about human experimentation, grieve, revenge and how the wrath and hate of the adults unfortunately drags innocent children in it. You want an example of a series that trying to sound way too smart? Just look at Aldnoah/Zero. At least M3 doesn’t aim to be a grandiose mecha show that wants to surpass Gundam by throwing many “scientific” mumbo-jumbo regarding the origin of the invaders and how the great incident happened which, all things considered, most of them don’t make any sense at all, and eventually only ended up being a popcorn series full of ‘splosions like Bay movies (Aldnoah/Zero, I’m looking at you again). With this M3 series, the main cause of the major incident (aka. Lightless Realm) is psychic powers and mystic phenomenon, flat and simple. And then the story continues un-chronologically from there following the children(now teenager)-protagonists and what they experience. They just put the source of the incident under wraps for a period of time until they reveal it when the time is right for mystery sake which is not a bad thing (mystery series & movies have done that all the time). And this series is indeed dark: the psychic villagers using/sending the little children to launch their WMD from ground zero in the city and then have them live there until the day they die (among other things) is one of several dark moments this series has.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2014-10-02 at 07:11. Reason: Previously, typing from my phone is hard as hell. So I fixed it now.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 06:44   Link #448
erdii

well I also hate this series but I follow this thread to see how bad it got. I watched this series till 12th episode then dropped it. from what I read from this forum and other sources it was good that ı dropped it. so I am feeling good that I didn't waste my time.
Old 2014-10-02, 06:56   Link #449
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
well I also hate this series but I follow this thread to see how bad it got. I watched this series till 12th episode then dropped it. from what I read from this forum and other sources it was good that ı dropped it. so I am feeling good that I didn't waste my time.
Your comment above is legit. Following this thread to see how bad this series goes based on interest still make sense (although I still think it's a waste of time if you really do hate the series ). But there’s a difference between checking out this thread and occasionally bashing the show based on what you heard from someone else (which is what Chosen Hero did by nonchalantly proclaim that this series is a disaster after only watching six episodes or so ). Bashing for bashing sake is close to trolling really.
Old 2014-10-02, 06:59   Link #450
Miraluka
Banned

Well, sales wise, indeed, this series is a disaster. l
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 07:15   Link #451
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Well, sales wise, indeed, this series is a disaster. l
Well, sales wise, I agree . But if you look at Chosen's post, he's talking more about quality.
Old 2014-10-02, 09:37   Link #452
MgMaster

Quote:
because I wanted to see how bad it got and I have to say from what I read it lived up to my very, very, very low expectations (what more could you hope from Okada?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
from what I read from this forum and other sources it was good that ı dropped it. so I am feeling good that I didn't waste my time.
It's the other way around you two, it actually got better as it went on and with the direction the series took, the events that took place in the 1st half that many people(myself included) were pissed off at(such as Okada having Emiru be turned into a LIM and playing favorites with Sasame) weren't really so bad as we thought they were. I remember bashing on it quite a bit back and while I still believe that Akashi & Sasame's forced Okada-style attraction towards each other was the weakest part of the series, it luckily didn't focus on that as much as I thought it would.

Instead,the mystery of the Lightless Realm, our protagonists, their past & relation to it were all revealed properly. That wasn't all there was to it either due to a few twists that came followed which were also concluded properly and everyone played their part in it.

With proper execution, M3 could've probably been one of the better shows of spring/summer but alas,it didn't quite get it. One of my biggest complaints besides the usual Okada pitfalls which Obelisk mentioned and I kept ranting on about throughout the show's run along with the over-the-top behavior of some characters such as Heito & Natsuiri that can really get on your nerves is the awful BGM used during the action scenes. However, it wasn't nearly as a lot of people make it out to be either so I'd say it's a good show worth the watch for someone who wants a mystery-drama with some mecha. Many people just jumped on the hate train early on and never got off it,whether they continued watching the show or not.

My stance with Okada is once again unchanged after M3,just like it was after Nagi no Asukara. I dislike her over-the-top drama & behavior of some characters yet I can't help but be entertained by her shows to a certain degree. I kind of gave up on the idea that I'll see anything of high quality from her but she continues to be a mixed bag for me,one that somehow still manages to entertain and not always because her shows are entertaining trainwrecks a.k.a. so bad they're good. Like,while Aquarion EVOL fit's that I wouldn't say M3 does. Which type is more entertaining however, is up to each of us to decide

'Guess I'll continue to check out her shows,lol.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 09:54   Link #453
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
MgMaster, you may try watching WIXOSS as it's a Mari Okada show. Like M3, it's a mixed bag as while it's a darker take on the card game genre, I don't like how they didn't explain the rules of the game for example.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 10:09   Link #454
MgMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
MgMaster, you may try watching WIXOSS as it's a Mari Okada show.
It's on my backlog so I might check it out sometime. I didn't watch it yet because shows with cute girls playing card games(or doing whatever for that matter) aren't exactly my thing although maybe the psychological aspects that I hear it's praised for will be worthwhile enough to sit through something I otherwise wouldn't enjoy :P
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 11:04   Link #455
cleo

While I agree that M3 isn't such a train-wreck as Aquarion Evol, I wouldn't describe it as a good show. It certainly got more entertaining in the 2nd half and the dark atmosphere was nicely done. But for me it had too many annoying elements to be really enjoyable. Big part of the problem were the characters. In the end I only cared about Iwato and Raika. It was nice to see Mahmu step up in the last episodes, but she had too little development to be a real interesting character. Worst of all was Heito. They introduce an over the top crazy guy who killed his parents. But instead of an explanation or some background, he's forgotten for half of the series, only to be brought back in the end.......for what?
It was an ok show, but it had the potential to be much better.

@MgMaster: Wixoss is a dark take on cute girls playing card games, somewhat similar to Madoka.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 16:13   Link #456
Miraluka
Banned

But with incest plot!
Old 2014-10-02, 19:08   Link #457
topboy
poor man

Too bad,I don't drop this.Waste of Time.
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 22:21   Link #458
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As someone who generally worships the ground Okada stands on (riding on the fact that osananajimi are almost auto-win where they appear in her stories and this series is of no exception), I personally couldn't get past after like 6 episodes. I LOVE Okada when she writes 'normal' happy series, or sad, yet uplifiting stories. But this was pretty much depressing right till almost to the very end, judging by people's reactions. I was actually looking for ANY reason to try to get to the end, but alas, none.

So yeah, I'd take stuff like Aquarion Evol over M3. Heck, I thought Wixoss was pretty grim, and yes, it's another series I didn't like from Okada. I got the feeling that all the (negative?) feedback has gotten to Okada and is now forcing her to be a writer she's not. To be honest I think she's trying to be the next Urobutcher between this and Wixoss, and it's not clearly playing up to her strengths... for me at least.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 10:53   Link #459
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I just want to point out that just because Okada wrote the script for the show, it doesn't mean it was adapted word for word or that it didn't have major revisions. It could have been poor direction, storyboarding, bad executive decisions, etc. Heck it's possible the script sucked to begin with and Okada was brought in to try and salvage what was left.

All I'm saying is that just because famous names are involved in stuff like this, it doesn't mean they have complete control over what they contribute to it.
Old 2014-10-03, 13:50   Link #460
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I just want to point out that just because Okada wrote the script for the show, it doesn't mean it was adapted word for word or that it didn't have major revisions. It could have been poor direction, storyboarding, bad executive decisions, etc. Heck it's possible the script sucked to begin with and Okada was brought in to try and salvage what was left.

All I'm saying is that just because famous names are involved in stuff like this, it doesn't mean they have complete control over what they contribute to it.
Check pages back, there is an interview where the director says he lets Okada do as she wished the story and characters' development to be as she wanted to be.

A mediocre director IMHO.

Tags
action, mecha