AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

Old 2014-10-25, 15:03   Link #381
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
On the one hand, we have more Illya and Taiga. On the other hand, we have more Shinji. I'm going to call this a push.
Shinji needs to look better that a cliched asshole. He needs to have motivation...
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 15:03   Link #382
Esclair

They're really trying to drive home the Shiro/Archer connection aren't they?
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 19:59   Link #383
Key Board
Carbon

They added Saber having a slight reaction to "Emiya" in the first episode

I'm surprised they didn't add her having a reaction to seeing Ilya considering Ilya's relation and resemblance to Irisfiel

and now that I think of it, a lot of problems could have been avoided if Saber told Shirou how much an ass Kotomine was
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 20:03   Link #384
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Saber's lack of reaction to Ilya's already been explained in other media: she doesn't really believe or recognize Ilya as the same child as Iri's daughter. IIRC she figured Ilya would've grown since then, and otherwise sees Ilya as another homunculus.
Old 2014-10-25, 20:04   Link #385
Key Board
Carbon

interesting.. I wonder how much of that is self denial
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-10-25, 20:11   Link #386
GDB

She had to steel herself before fighting Illya. Even if she didn't think this was Iri's child, she still had to center herself before the battle due to their similarities.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 20:14   Link #387
Key Board
Carbon

on another note, I think Saber used the Strike Air sword reveal to kill Berserker once in this episode

It's been a while, but IIRC Strike Air doesn't have enough Rank to bypass Berserker's defense

well, I guess she could been "overclocking" it with Mana Burst
Old 2014-10-25, 20:25   Link #388
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
on another note, I think Saber used the Strike Air sword reveal to kill Berserker once in this episode

It's been a while, but IIRC Strike Air doesn't have enough Rank to bypass Berserker's defense

well, I guess she could been "overclocking" it with Mana Burst
Yeah, that was a prana burst. She revealed Excalibur, so that couldn't just be the simple invisible air.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 20:45   Link #389
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
They added Saber having a slight reaction to "Emiya" in the first episode

I'm surprised they didn't add her having a reaction to seeing Ilya considering Ilya's relation and resemblance to Irisfiel

and now that I think of it, a lot of problems could have been avoided if Saber told Shirou how much an ass Kotomine was
I am pretty sure she had a reaction, just did not say anything. She should know from last war that Einzberns would participate in every war so she is probably not too surprised.
Old 2014-10-25, 22:28   Link #390
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Saber had a very obvious, very noticeable reaction to Illya's introduction. Maybe I was a little too keen to look for it, since Illya and her related story elements are one of my favourite parts of the VN in general, but I thought it was quite clear that Saber was quite disheartened at the prospect of fighting her.

I definitely got the impression Saber's attack was Strike Air, but I also immediately said to myself "Wait, I don't think that's rank A..." as it happened. Either way, a mild inconsistency at worst, since even if they do try and keep track of the number of times they've killed Berserker (seems highly unlikely and unnecessary...) Illya can replenish his lives anyway, so it makes little difference if he's missing one or two.

Looking at the VN, Invisible Air is rank C, but it doesn't have specific stats for the Strike Air attack, other than that it does fixed damage not affected by Saber's stats or condition. So I guess its theoretically possible that it ranks high enough to hurt him, but I still somewhat doubt it. Interestingly, the VN status page actually has no mention of his ability to negate damage below A rank.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 22:58   Link #391
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Looking at the VN, Invisible Air is rank C, but it doesn't have specific stats for the Strike Air attack, other than that it does fixed damage not affected by Saber's stats or condition. So I guess its theoretically possible that it ranks high enough to hurt him, but I still somewhat doubt it. Interestingly, the VN status page actually has no mention of his ability to negate damage below A rank.
Either that or it was a tweaked mini-Excalibur shot (anti-fortress -> anti-unit). If Rider can tweak his anti-army chariot, then Saber could tweak her NP to hit one target...
Old 2014-10-26, 00:23   Link #392
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Either that or it was a tweaked mini-Excalibur shot (anti-fortress -> anti-unit). If Rider can tweak his anti-army chariot, then Saber could tweak her NP to hit one target...
That's what I thought as well. But Invisible Air still manages to wound Berserker. I have an odd feeling that they're retconning it a bit or will add in a slight yellow glow in Invisible Air's CG during the fight in the graveyard when Saber is wounding Berserker.
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 02:27   Link #393
gn_X00

IIRC the scene of Saber managed to 'kill' Berserker didn't happen in the original VN?

and we didn't see how Berserker 'sense' how dangerous Archer's last arrow is and tried to deflect/crush that broken phantasm
It makes the whole Ilya's comment at the end strange to anime only viewer..
and I can't help to see that Saber steals Archer's glory

other than that, the additional fight is really welcomed and a wonderful addition
Old 2014-10-26, 02:41   Link #394
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
-Rin's shield, Gil appearing, etc: Nasu's idea

-The director likes Illya so she'll be featured considerably

-Taiga is important, she will appear a lot

-Shinji will appear more than in the VN
I would dig it if they could actually write Shinji in a more interesting way instead of just being a complete douchebag, like Ryuunosuke in F/Z. Even when he had done many terrible things, there are circumstances that lead Shinji to being the way he is. It was touched a little at some points in UBW (even HF don't have them), so I think they will try to expand on it.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 08:43   Link #395
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_X00 View Post
and we didn't see how Berserker 'sense' how dangerous Archer's last arrow is and tried to deflect/crush that broken phantasm
Someone over on Beast's Lair actually slowed it down to like, 25% speed and noted that Berserker actually changes stances to block the arrow, indicating danger (like in the DEENime where Illya noted that Berserker actually had to block).
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 09:23   Link #396
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Someone over on Beast's Lair actually slowed it down to like, 25% speed and noted that Berserker actually changes stances to block the arrow, indicating danger (like in the DEENime where Illya noted that Berserker actually had to block).
I'm not doing this again.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 09:30   Link #397
chaos_alfa

I wonder what the new spoiler policy is. Currently all spoilers seem to be permitted in the episode threads of the veterans section. That would make this thread useless.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 09:42   Link #398
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
That would make this thread used more for speculation of future events, and source comparisons with wider scope than one or two episodes.

The episode threads will be more for specific points and source comparisons with a much narrower scope.

While this thread no longer serves the purpose as the catch-all spoiler thread, I wouldn't say its useless.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 09:43   Link #399
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
The main issue I have with the UBW route is that Shinji doesn't die.

Worst part is that Caster would've probably given him the most horrific death of all 3 routes when Rider was defeated... how did she fail to do so.
Old 2014-10-26, 09:56   Link #400
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
The main issue I have with the UBW route is that Shinji doesn't die.
It is my headcanon that Shinji becomes Sakura's punchbag on which she releases all her frustration from Senpai falling in love with nee-san. I won't even talk about horrors she does to him and Zouken once Senpai moves to London with nee-san

Last edited by Nayrael; 2014-10-26 at 11:38.
Nayrael is offline   Reply With Quote