AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-11-06, 16:17   Link #461
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
No.. that is not the point! The point is that Naruto himself has never shown any feelings towards Hinata.
So, before Pein destroyed Konoha, Naruto was just going around, spawning 6 tails all the time?

Come on, the one person who had always been on Naruto's side just got over her incredibly shy nature to more or less be one more sacrificial lamb to Pein, and confess her feelings. Naruto then watches her get killed quite coldly by Pein, flips the s*** and immediately goes into 6-tail mode, when even Sasuke only ever inspired him to 4.

There was more development for Naruto romantically with Hinata than Sakura. In fact, it's about the only pairing that could have possibly had even the slightest shred of believability for Naruto.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 16:21   Link #462
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
So, before Pein destroyed Konoha, Naruto was just going around, spawning 6 tails all the time?
While I agree that it's wrong to say there was no development for NaruHina, isn't this sort of dishonest? As far as I can remember, there's no precedent to say he wouldn't have snapped the exact same way had it been Sakura or any of his other comrades who got offed in front of him.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 16:21   Link #463
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
^ Did I admit that I was a fan of that happening in DBZ ?
I am just saying characters do worse things in other animes and got the girl

At least no one got a yamcha in this anime
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 16:25   Link #464
JustRob

Quote:

Come on, the one person who had always been on Naruto's side just got over her incredibly shy nature to more or less be one more sacrificial lamb to Pein, and confess her feelings. Naruto then watches her get killed quite coldly by Pein, flips the s*** and immediately goes into 6-tail mode, when even Sasuke only ever inspired him to 4.

There was more development for Naruto romantically with Hinata than Sakura. In fact, it's about the only pairing that could have possibly had even the slightest shred of believability for Naruto.
Oh please, not this argument. Four tails Naruto happened because of Orochimaru provoking him, instead of a comrade being slaughtered in front of his eyes.

Whether it was Hinata or Sakura or Tenten or Ino, Naruto would have reacted the exact same way and gone 6-tails mode.
Old 2014-11-06, 16:28   Link #465
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
No, it wasn't.
No I'm pretty sure I saw developments over the course of these 15 years.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 16:29   Link #466
janipani

Quote:

No, there was no single heterosexual pairing that made any sense for Naruto. All I see from you guys is that some favor tsundere and some shy type deredere, but what I am saying here neither of the pairings was ideal. Naruto Hinata was stupid pairing and forced at best. I would had liked possibility of no pairing, single Naruto. But well, I'm MGHOW, so I'm naturally against love & marriage paradigm.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 16:30   Link #467
ranchan13

Quote:
Oh please, not this argument. Four tails Naruto happened because of Orochimaru provoking him, instead of a comrade being slaughtered in front of his eyes.

Whether it was Hinata or Sakura or Tenten or Ino, Naruto would have reacted the exact same way and gone 6-tails mode.
I can give other examples.
Naruto standing up for Hinata in the Chuunin Exams
Let's not forget her being the one to snap him out of his funk after Neji's death while Sakura sat back and watched.

But the nail in the coffin for NaruSaku came when Sakura gave her fake confession to Naruto, and he saw right through it.

But no, I understand. Your ship sunk, and you're butthurt about it. I've had my ship sink before, and in some cases, it made absolutely no sense why another ship won. But in this case, the only romantic development between Naruto and Sakura was him shooting her down after years of her shooting him down. There was never any future there.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 16:30   Link #468
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
No I'm pretty sure I saw developments over the course of these 15 years.
That was just your puberty!

Old 2014-11-06, 16:33   Link #469
Nicaea

Shipping war ended and I'm just enjoying the tears.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 16:37   Link #470
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
I do not understand why people stuck on Sasuke thing Another example of Dragon Ball Z Vegeta he was killing planet's population to extinction right and left before coming to earth and was planning to do that with earth and he become good and married the girl
Hey! Don't ill talk the Sayan Prince! Vegeta is cool, he made believable transformation from heartless to man with heart, and never became submissive doormat after getting together with Bulma, who is a little bit slutty, but still a fine woman and pretty useful compared to Sakura.

Old 2014-11-06, 16:41   Link #471
Cream

700 Chapters of waiting for NaruHina and it happened.

Mama, I made it. I feel so accomplished.

Also, kind of weird to think most of these characters had sex.
Old 2014-11-06, 16:43   Link #472
Kazu-kun

Quote:
No, it wasn't.
I didn't see romance either, but I did notice that Naruto got awfully familiar with her after the Pein incident. For example there's this scene in chapter 559 (I think) where Naruto appears to help Hinata Neji and others. Hinata chastises herself in her mind for having been protected by Naruto, but Naruto encourages and assures her that she's strong. Hinata hadn't said anything aloud, but Naruto could tell how she was feeling somehow. At that moment Neji looks at them weirdly, like wondering how the hell they'd gotten so close (considering they don't really interact much).

What the manga didn't provide is the moment in which Naruto's respect and familiarity turned into love, but Kishi could have never written that. That's why there's the movie to tackle the issue.
Old 2014-11-06, 16:45   Link #473
JustRob

Quote:
I can give other examples.
Naruto standing up for Hinata in the Chuunin Exams
Let's not forget her being the one to snap him out of his funk after Neji's death while Sakura sat back and watched.

But the nail in the coffin for NaruSaku came when Sakura gave her fake confession to Naruto, and he saw right through it.

But no, I understand. Your ship sunk, and you're butthurt about it. I've had my ship sink before, and in some cases, it made absolutely no sense why another ship won. But in this case, the only romantic development between Naruto and Sakura was him shooting her down after years of her shooting him down. There was never any future there.
He would have stepped up for any other comrade the same way he did for Hinata. Nothing romantic about that whatsoever.

And honestly? I don't give a shit about NaruSaku anymore. Kishi mutilated that a long time ago as you said. But him living happily ever after with Hinata who he never showed romantic interest in is just bullshit.
Old 2014-11-06, 16:47   Link #474
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
No.. that is not the point! The point is that Naruto himself has never shown any feelings towards Hinata. So this gives me a picture that Naruto took Hinata, because she was around. Just like Sasuke took Sakura, because she was around. Not because there was mutual love interest. Only love story I have seen in this manga is between Naruto and Sasuke, but obviously gay stuff is still prohibited in Narutoverse even for Hogake level dudes, so they took what was around.
I find NasuHina more realistic than NaruSaku. NaruSaku never really had any development in romance despite how close they are. Naruto just started off liking her and there was really no reason why. Yet any development between them made them seem more like a brother and sister than it made them seem like a love interest. Naruto had already given up on Sakura by the time of the Pain arc and was solidified when she pulled the fake confession. Sakura was not the type who could love Naruto only

With NaruHina you see a progression with Naruto. It starts with him barely knowing her and thinking her a bit weird to him acknowledging her. He took notice of her looks, realized her feelings and devotion to him. To him, she became someone that became important to him, someone he cared about and could truly rely upon and that just developed from there. Her "death" to pain creating such a violent reaction with Naruto that no ally or enemy could manage before that point
Old 2014-11-06, 16:55   Link #475
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Oh gosh, we are still having shipping Wars even after confirmed pairings here

I think we've had plenty of hints from both sides of Naruto x Hinata pairing, the tournament arc in the first series I'd like to give an example of.

I know some people choose to ignore the pain arc from Naruto's side saying it'd happen with any other character, did that happen with Nenji's death in the War arc? I forget

Fact is, Kishi had it be Hinata for a reason. Blah, Sasuke x Sauka reminds me of that Mako x Korra mess from Legend of Korra, yet I know it's still going to happen no matter how toxic I feel they are for one another

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 16:57   Link #476
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Man, I haven't visited the forums in a good long while.

I stopped reading Naruto after Obito got redeemed, because I felt the series resolved all the the loose threads that kept me interested at that point. When I learned the series was ending in November I caught up and read through until the end. I've been reading Naruto since 2003, a little part of me is empty knowing it's finally over. But definitely, I felt it was time for the series to wrap up. I know everyone's already deep in discussion about the final chapters, but I'll just leave my final impressions:

Ultimately, I thought the final battle felt pretty rushed and tacked on. Though I like how they revealed the result of Sasuke's and Naruto's battle---it had a lot of impact and reminded me of the end of Devilman. The epilogue was pretty nice too. It was pretty much what I expected with all the romantic pairings (except Chouji's...that was kind of a surprise). And Neji stayed dead! I really thought he was going to be brought back somehow.

And that final scene with Sasuke was curious...he sensed kind of presence in the woods. What's the current speculation on that? My first thought was Orochimaru or Kabuto. Karin maybe?

Anyways, it's been a great ride!

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 17:04   Link #477
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Anyone else notice that symbol on Bolt's back? it looks a lot like the Uchiha symbol, but a bit boxed shaped. It isn't the hyuga symbol and it isn't the uzumaki symbol. Perhaps it is something he just made up. And there is a very good reason why you rarely see any interest between the father and mother. They are ninjas. They keep stuff on the down low. Naruto snuck into Hinata's room in the middle of the night. He planted the kid. Then he split. That's why no one saw it coming Not even Hinata.

Now on to the important part. It's kinda strange but Salad and Bolt will be almost the reverse of Naruto and Sasuke I think. Bolt is the son of a great hero and the 7th Hokage with high expectations and lots of talent. Salad is the daughter of a barely redeemed villain, the last heir to a cursed bloodline, and an Uchiha with bad eye sight. I can see Bolt being a slightly arrogant character around his friends and Salad being somewhat withdrawn and maybe a little bitter. <speculation on my part.> I'll be looking forward to the new manga at least just to get to know the characters.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 17:05   Link #478
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
And that final scene with Sasuke was curious...he sensed kind of presence in the woods. What's the current speculation on that? My first thought was Orochimaru or Kabuto. Karin maybe?
well it takes place after the movie so it could literally be anything right now. what's really interesting is that it means there will definitely be a part 3. there's no other reason for leaving a cliffhanger on the last chapter.

i'll throw my 2 cents in and keep beating the black zetsu drum. it is similar to how hashirama sensed black zetsu after he beat madara
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 17:06   Link #479
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I didn't see romance either, but I did notice that Naruto got awfully familiar with her after the Pein incident. For example there's this scene in chapter 559 (I think) where Naruto appears to help Hinata Neji and others. Hinata chastises herself in her mind for having been protected by Naruto, but Naruto encourages and assures her that she's strong. Hinata hadn't said anything aloud, but Naruto could tell how she was feeling somehow. At that moment Neji looks at them weirdly, like wondering how the hell they'd gotten so close (considering they don't really interact much).

What the manga didn't provide is the moment in which Naruto's respect and familiarity turned into love, but Kishi could have never written that. That's why there's the movie to tackle the issue.
That's what I'm talking about. It wasn't straight to the point, but it was there and a lot more subtle.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 17:07   Link #480
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Orochimaru basically got away with everyone without having to reform his ways:
-Killed 2 Kages (3rd and Kazekage).
-Performed inhuman experimentation on countless innocents from every village.
-Instigated a war between the Sand and Fire.
-Probably killed more people than any member of Akatsuki aside from Pain
-Tried many times to steal Sasuke's body

And now he pretty much has everything he wants:
-Immortal white zetsu body
-All the knowledge gained in the last arc regarding sage of six paths, rinnegan, true source of jutsu, etc.
-Probably stole the rinnegan from Madara's body while no one was looking too.

I mean, Orochimaru wakes up in the middle of the battlefield surrounded by 5 Kages and thousands of other ninjas, all of whom have been wronged by him somewhat or another. Yet he somehow gets away.
Based Orochimaru.

No Talk no jutsu nor some kind of bullshit.

Respect.

There is no perfect end after all.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series ending, weekly spoiler discussion