AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-11-07, 09:57   Link #641
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
But who knows, maybe it did hurt him. Naruto acts tough all the time, but we've seen already that he can be quite depressed when he's by himself. He's just not the type who goes around telling that to everyone.
At this point in the story, if he was hurt, it would have been hinted it at the very least, as a build up of his feelings for her. But Kishi didn't. He showed him keeping his cool just fine, and afterwards kept treating the matter as a joke every time it was brought up.

Personally, at this point it seemed pretty clear that Naruto/Sakura was a no go to me.
Old 2014-11-07, 09:57   Link #642
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
Its clearly a waste of time to try and understand some people's thought processes. Despite your arguments being proven wrong and mopped up and down this thread you continue to deny reality just because its not what you wished for. People on this forum have been saying the obvious about this NarutoxSakura pairing for months(its not going to happen) and some of you are still to hard-headed to let it sink in even after you're shown Naruto and Hinata's children lol!

The two things I probably never understand are the hatred for Sasuke and the obsession for Naruto to be paired with Sakura. I've been watching anime for many years and I've never seen such a hatedome for a character before like Sasuke; even though there are people in the manga who've done much worse things than he did for less justifyable reasons (i.e. Orochiamru for one) but they're actually like for their evil if you can believe it. Then there is Sakura, who really hasn't done anything with Naruto besides yell at him and beat him up. Most of their interactions are not a far jump from Karin and Sugetsu, which is mainly for comic relief; there really wasn't anything there that warrents this much of a backlash, this is truly hilarious.
Comparing Naruto and Sakura to Suigetsu and Karin? Man, that is just pathetic...
Old 2014-11-07, 10:00   Link #643
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordstarkiller View Post
my god, why are people still going on about this? The Ending implies NaruHina Happen and they had two kids or at the very least only the girl is Hinata's and his.

People need to get over it, a ship sank and one did not so stop making excuses..

P.S. for all we know Naruto and Hinata are not married (no wedding ring on either of them though that may not be the custom in that world). Naruto could have gotten with both of them but we will not know until the movie and then Part 3.

Kishi could also pull a fast one and kill off one or more of the character's in part 3.
Debate is not about who win the bet, but about what is well written and what is not. At least for me this debate is only about lack of depth in romance writing. During Shippuuden I never put my money on NaruSaku, and I hoped that both Sakura and Naruto would grow up from their childhood crushes and move on.

Some people insist that because Hinata did so much for Naruto, it was correct way to hint love shipping..(even though that is completely one sided) well maybe if goal was just the shipping, but that was afwul writing and on emotional level very unsatisfying delivery unless you're a girl that likes guys who do not really show any signs of love towards you.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 10:03   Link #644
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

The way I see it, Hinata has done enough to deserve Naruto, and that's good enough for me, on the other hand Naruto had also done enough for a normal person i.e someone not Sakura would eventually turn their head to Naruto's direction. So the only flaw I see is wtf has Sasuke done that makes Sakura still love him, other than that relatively well written.
Old 2014-11-07, 10:03   Link #645
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
Comparing Naruto and Sakura to Suigetsu and Karin? Man, that is just pathetic...
I compared their intereactions but I guess all the reason and logic being thrown at you in this thread is going over your head. It's is pretty sad that this is all you can extract out of what people are trying to tell you; oh well I tried.
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 10:04   Link #646
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
At least for me this debate is only about lack of depth in romance writing.
Really? Then we had no need to argue. I think we all can agree the writing was shit for the most part, and not only the romance. Heck, there was no much romance to begin with (or any).

The romance between Naruto and Hinata will happen in the movie. Kishi himself said so, so let's just wait if that's what you want to see.
Old 2014-11-07, 10:07   Link #647
james0246

Quote:
People on this forum have been saying the obvious about this NarutoxSakura pairing for months(its not going to happen) and some of you are still to hard-headed to let it sink in even after you're shown Naruto and Hinata's children lol!
I don't know about children. My prediction is Naruto's son is actually with Yukie or Shion (my bet is on Shion considering the hair colour), and only his daughter is from Hinata.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 10:12   Link #648
janipani

Btw? Does more girls read Naruto than boys? It would explain everything for me if Kishi actually has steered his writing towards female demographics. Because NaruHina is obviously Shoujo pairing, not Shounen pairing, same goes with SasuSaku. Sasuke is an abusive tsundere character, Naruto is a distant love.

Old 2014-11-07, 10:15   Link #649
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I don't know about children. My prediction is Naruto's son is actually with Yukie or Shion (my bet is on Shion considering the hair colour), and only his daughter is from Hinata.
While I know you're kidding, Bolt in the movie has markings similar to Hinata's Jacket in part 1
Old 2014-11-07, 10:15   Link #650
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
If only old movie characters were canon
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 10:16   Link #651
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
lol don't give them anymore ideas than they already have; though I don't think it can get much worse than petitioning to ban Naruto from USA or denying the entire thing and claiming its all a genjitsu lol
Old 2014-11-07, 10:16   Link #652
cyberdemon

Quote:
Naruto has been loved by a lot of people for a while now. This includes the people of his village. Everyone accepted him as the hero who saved Konoha after he defeated Nagato. So yeah, I think he could have done without the romance.
That isn't a romantic or familial love though. It's just respect. to want him to remain alone is like saying that he should never know the feeling of love or family.
Old 2014-11-07, 10:17   Link #653
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Sakura loves him......... Like a brother. Family-zoned
Old 2014-11-07, 10:19   Link #654
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
That isn't a romantic or familial love though. It's just respect. to want him to remain alone is like saying that he should never know the feeling of love or family.
How many happy couples you know from real life? Whole love thing is like believing in Santa Claus. Most families are horrible and parents often selfish and neglecting.

Old 2014-11-07, 10:21   Link #655
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
There's no point to any of this if everyone keeps twisting my words like this
Old 2014-11-07, 10:21   Link #656
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Sakura loves him......... Like a brother. Family-zoned
Sounds just like Naruto's feelings towards Hinata.

Old 2014-11-07, 10:22   Link #657
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
There's no point to any of this if everyone keeps twisting my words like this
Heres a point that can't be twisted

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Flower; 2014-11-07 at 14:29. Reason: Not everyone wants to look at stuff like that.
Old 2014-11-07, 10:24   Link #658
JustRob

Quote:
Heres a point that can't be twisted
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Wow If this & more was actually in the final chapter, that'd be a whole lot better already

Last edited by Flower; 2014-11-07 at 14:29. Reason: Edited quoted post.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 10:28   Link #659
janipani

I made quick Google search and I came to conclusion that more girls read Naruto than boys. Now I understand why Naruto became so cheesy. And why pairings became so damn important part of Naruto, which used to be so cool for totally different reasons. Women just love this love love stuff and Kishi had to add more relationship and family stuff in Naruto, and I disliked all of that so much. As I said SasuSaku and NaruHIna are shoujo pairings not shounen pairings. We have certainly a target demographic showing itself here.

Old 2014-11-07, 10:30   Link #660
Luminer Astartes
Khorne-forged

You know what just made me smile: Naruto HAS surpassed ALL the other Hokage that came before him and Jiraiya, just like how he always claimed he'd do.

-He is/was at the peak of his power Hashirama's greater.
-He's grown into a fine politician if Kage summits are now something much more common place and not so unbelievable, thus surpassing Tobirama.
-He adopted Hiruzen's philosophy (which in itself is inherited from Hashirama and Tobirama) but has now extended it to the other villages if that friendly banter is any indication.
-He's actually has had a chance to be the father Minato couldn't be. Granted, Minato's circumstances prevented it and it isn't a point against him, but yeah as a father Naruto's pretty damn good considering he doesn't have either parent to draw experience from.
-He's succeeded at protecting the whole world and threw his own life on the line for it, much the same way Tsunade did for Konoha during Pain's invasion.
-Danzo was an asshole so it isn't hard to surpass him XD.
-Kakashi...well for this I need to see what kind of Hokage he was but considering Kakashi sees Naruto as superior, it's a pretty safe bet.

And as for Jiraiya:
-He's famous, if not more so than him.
-He has a wife and kids.
-More powerful than he ever got a chance to be.
-Succeeded in his dream to bring about peace.

I'd say Naruto's done good.
Luminer Astartes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series ending, weekly spoiler discussion