AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-12-07, 23:48   Link #9241
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So...

New Orleans get humiliated to the extreme by Carolina.
San Francisco get equally humiliated by Oakland.
Seattle keep getting stronger and dispatch Philadelphia promptly, restricting them to their lowest yardage in the Chip Kelly era.
Pittsburgh go utterly wild against Cincinatti in the 4th quarter.
San Diego look like they might finally beat New England for the first time in years, then it slips away. At least it was a better Sunday night game than usual.

Some day.
Old 2014-12-09, 12:52   Link #9242
Yye1
Wide Right

Its #JOHNNYTIME, God help us all....

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 17:36   Link #9243
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, this sucks - Cam Newton injured in car accident

The Panthers QB suffered two transverse process fractures in his lower back and no further internal injuries, the team announced.

As for Johnny Manziel - time for all the Johnny Be Good puns.

In all honesty, Hoyer is missing a ton of open people and made some ridiculous INTs lately, rarely cracks 50% completion. I saw him vs Atlanta and that game was utterly painful to watch...Cleveland somehow got a win only because Atlanta was even more hapless.

Time to see whether the kid can play. Bridgewater and Bortles have already been put on the field - guess this will make all the first round QBs get starts this season.
Old 2014-12-13, 21:08   Link #9244
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Mariota wins the Heisman. Which team(s) do you guys think would go for him in the 2015 draft?
Old 2014-12-14, 15:50   Link #9245
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Mariota wins the Heisman. Which team(s) do you guys think would go for him in the 2015 draft?
The teams that I think may draft Mariota and have a desperate need for a QB are the Buccaneers, Titans, and Jets (Geno Smith is not the answer at QB for them.The Jets even benched him at one point this season if recall). There are a few other teams that need a QB and may give Mariota a look but, they may need to give up a lot to move up on in the draft.
Old 2014-12-14, 18:38   Link #9246
Yye1
Wide Right

If somehow mariotta winds up on the Eagles, that will be dangerous

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2014-12-15, 10:37   Link #9247
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Super harsh initiation for Johnny Manziel - being shutout in your first start would really sting. Hopefully he learns from this.

Green Bay being upset by Buffalo just threw the NFC wide open. Bills keep Rodgers TD-less after doing that to Manning as well - could they be the team to pull off a crazy last day wildcard berth in the AFC?

San Francisco - Seattle game was close and thrilling for the greater part until Seattle kicked it up a notch when it was needed. Harbaugh being forced to leave at this rate - when a coach has a two-thirds win rate and is being expelled, it's weird. Do those 49ers fans and front office really think whoever they get would be better than Harbaugh? The aftermath of this one will be very intriguing.

Dallas - Philadelphia was quite a game. Dallas storm out 21-0, then Philly pile on 24 unanswered to take the lead before Dallas fires back in a big way. Dallas are 7-0 on the road this season and Romo is 18 TDs, just 1 INT on the road this season. If only they had that at home too - they will need it against Indy. Because it looks like either Dallas or Philly will miss the playoffs due to that stupid division rule. NFC South is a joke this year. It's a guarantee now whatever team makes it out of there will be below .500 this season. Painful when a team with 10-11 wins will miss out because of this.
Old 2014-12-15, 11:18   Link #9248
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:

Green Bay being upset by Buffalo just threw the NFC wide open. Bills keep Rodgers TD-less after doing that to Manning as well - could they be the team to pull off a crazy last day wildcard berth in the AFC?
I wish. Brady and the Pats always have our number though and even if we can continue the shutdown streak with him I dunno if we can win that game without some actual production from the offense. We need to find an actual quarterback for next year but the lack of a first round pick and the talk about trading for Jay Cutler or RG III don't leave me all that hopeful...

I'd like our chances a lot more if only we hadn't literally fumbled the game away against Kansas City or laid that egg against Miami.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 16:43   Link #9249
GDB

Quote:
Super harsh initiation for Johnny Manziel - being shutout in your first start would really sting. Hopefully he learns from this.
Serves the top brass of the Browns right, but sorry for their fans. You don't let one QB take you to fighting distance of playoff contention for the first time in many years only to bench him for non-injury related reasons and start a rookie.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 19:30   Link #9250
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Serves the top brass of the Browns right, but sorry for their fans. You don't let one QB take you to fighting distance of playoff contention for the first time in many years only to bench him for non-injury related reasons and start a rookie.
Wasn't the fans asking Manziel to be put in and the brass just crave in and did it?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 00:23   Link #9251
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
When your QB throws one touchdown in 28 offensive series, its time for a change

Old 2014-12-16, 07:40   Link #9252
GDB

What happened to "The W is all that matters"? At least Hoyer wasn't getting shut out like Manziel did.
Old 2014-12-16, 09:31   Link #9253
Yye1
Wide Right

They have been winning despite of Hoyer`s performance, and don`t make it look like Hoyer got tue team to 10-3, he won 7-6, the offense sucked, so I understand the move. He was their first round pick, might as well put him in and try to give the team a spark.

Also, if you want to talk about the W, then Alex Smith would have been one of the top QBs in the league, but if you pull him and put in another QB, the Chiefs would still have won those games

Old 2014-12-20, 19:43   Link #9254
GDB

Well, Redskins said they wanted to play spoiler. They very well may have done that, as the Eagles' season is no longer in their own hands.
Old 2014-12-20, 21:25   Link #9255
Yye1
Wide Right

Wow, I listen to a lot of DC sports talk radio, they might actually be upset about this win.

Old 2014-12-21, 16:17   Link #9256
GDB

Manziel couldn't even last two games before getting taken out via injury, and he didn't even play the Steelers or Ravens. His career as a potential starter is as good as over.

Also, holy crap Baltimore. You really shit the bed today.

*edit*

Holy crap, Indy. You're shitting the bed worse than Baltimore. At least Baltimore could still call it a bed. At this point, you guys are going to end up with just a heap.

Last edited by GDB; 2014-12-21 at 17:08.
Old 2014-12-21, 21:04   Link #9257
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So...the 49ers blow a 21 point lead and gift the Chargers a playoff spot. ( i had picked the Chargers to make the playoffs during pre-season, though)

Oakland end Buffalo's hopes...(Seriously...you beat Green Bay then lose to OAKLAND?!) I guess Derek Carr has a decent future at this rate.

Dallas win the NFC East (good on them). DJ, things have finally gone your way.

Atlanta ensures New Orleans can't make it. GG, Darkwing Duck.

The NY Giants win in St. Louis...I'll never make sense of St. Louis....they beat hard opponents then lose to soft ones....
Old 2014-12-21, 21:19   Link #9258
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
The NFL this year has been very weird.
Old 2014-12-21, 23:50   Link #9259
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well at least the night game made sense.

Seattle utterly tore Arizona apart. They can repeat as Superbowl champs, the way they're playing.

As for the Manziel injury, if you use that logic, I certainly hope you'd also apply that to Clowney. Two significant injuries in his rookie year? I hope he still gets to have a career but this is beginning to pile up for Clowney.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2014-12-22 at 00:08.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 09:47   Link #9260
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Well at least the night game made sense.

Seattle utterly tore Arizona apart. They can repeat as Superbowl champs, the way they're playing.

As for the Manziel injury, if you use that logic, I certainly hope you'd also apply that to Clowney. Two significant injuries in his rookie year? I hope he still gets to have a career but this is beginning to pile up for Clowney.
He is a first round pick, so he will get his chance nevertheless. Question is, will he have a career worth of the first pick name.

Tags
american football, sports