AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-02-21, 07:35   Link #821
Skye629

Bloody hell check out those new designs

I think Im quite excited for the future hehe

Im too lazy to post the individual pics atm, and its hella hard with a touchscreen

Edit: posted my favorites, if you want to see the rest go to the link

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/0...ndam.html#more

Holy shit a proper Crimson MS IN char colors, can it be???!!!

At first there was only two legs, the standard MS, then we had the no-legs as we saw in the Zeong, and now G-reco brings us the One-legged and Three-Legged, lol the design team must be having tons of fun

Last edited by Skye629; 2015-02-21 at 07:52.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 09:44   Link #822
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

BLOODY HELL INDEED

THose designs are BADASS
Old 2015-02-22, 06:36   Link #823
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
that promo poster looks GANGSTA as hell, did someone from Gainax or Studio Trigger designed that?
also notice the Z'Gok & the Acguy in the background, also cue Tomino & his slapstick humor on one character complaining the number of an MS's legs on how impractical the design is, as one unit had only a single leg while the other has three

also Illuminati jokes on that pyramid thing's design
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-23, 08:46   Link #824
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Anyone has a quick summary on what is going on with Gundam G? I have watched 21 episodes so far and I am still at a total loss at what the people are trying to achieve.

Spoiler for My Understanding:
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-23, 13:49   Link #825
wm4

Spoiler for Summary:

Yeah it sounds exactly like those old school SF works. XDDDDDD
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 22:15   Link #826
Skye629

G-Reco just started airing on Youtube btw ppl

Episode 1 just hit today
Old 2015-02-26, 22:17   Link #827
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Officially or is it just an upload Youtube's auto-ban hasn't come across yet?
Old 2015-02-26, 22:38   Link #828
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Officially or is it just an upload Youtube's auto-ban hasn't come across yet?
GundamInfo

Same channel that uploads Build Fighters

Same quality too, 720HD
Old 2015-03-03, 03:15   Link #829
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

so anyone want to bet the G-Arcane's MA mode is like the final reveal ultimate form?, it's role is like the Unicorn Gundam's Destroy mode with some Zeta Gundam Bio sensor mixed in when in Wave Rider mode & in that form in generates particle field that resembles a phoenix when flying or ramming the enemy, because its like a trend in recent Gundams that is not based on the Phoenix Gundam

i will pump my fist at Sunrise if Tomino miraculously managed to forget or not aware at all of the G-Arcane's transformation gimmick until after the series ended, which is probably the most unintentionally funny thing in a Sunrise mecha production in history.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2015-03-03, 05:13   Link #830
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
so anyone want to bet the G-Arcane's MA mode is like the final reveal ultimate form?, it's role is like the Unicorn Gundam's Destroy mode with some Zeta Gundam Bio sensor mixed in when in Wave Rider mode & in that form in generates particle field that resembles a phoenix when flying or ramming the enemy, because its like a trend in recent Gundams that is not based on the Phoenix Gundam

i will pump my fist at Sunrise if Tomino miraculously managed to forget or not aware at all of the G-Arcane's transformation gimmick until after the series ended, which is probably the most unintentionally funny thing in a Sunrise mecha production in history.
Even if Tomino never forgot it would do no good, the pilot is pretty useless as far as MS pilots go lol
Old 2015-03-04, 10:54   Link #831
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Um, you forgot about Manny Ambassada as her piloting sucks during Ep. 22, so it's not like Aida is the only one who's suck at piloting.

But despite of that, everyone is concerned about Manny's piloting while they lauded on Aida's!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 18:03   Link #832
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Um, you forgot about Manny Ambassada as her piloting sucks during Ep. 22, so it's not like Aida is the only one who's suck at piloting.

But despite of that, everyone is concerned about Manny's piloting while they lauded on Aida's!
Manny had training/practice on the Mack Knifes or whatever other MS Mask's ship has, despite not even being a pilot due to Mask's insistence that its a good skill to have (pretty smart there Mask)

She "sucks" because she's learning how to pilot a foreign 1-legged MA, quite a difference from what the Capital Army has

Aida on the other hand has been a pilot from the very start of the show if not years before, and despite all the combat (and close calls) she has seen we have seen little to no improvement whatsoever. She's a natural born leader, not a pilot. At best she can shuttle people and provide supporting fire

Aida is probably going to get the last laugh in the end though, since we all know that MA and female pilots don't mix well, especially in a Tomino gundam show.............poor Manny
Old 2015-03-04, 23:00   Link #833
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Aida's lack of skill might be because of her compatriots constantly trying to keep her out of battle, so she's not gaining much in the way of combat experience.
Old 2015-03-07, 19:23   Link #834
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know, I was kinda upset when I realized that G-Arcane had never used its rather-charming MA-mode in the anime (and probably will never do). Then I realized that Gundams (and maybe other MSs) not using a feature that it has in the anime is pretty normal, for example:
  • We've never got to see Full Armor ZZ Gundam uses its enormous Mega Launcher as Judau only use the Double-Barrel Beam Rifle when he fought Quin Mantha.
  • We've never seen Destiny Gundam shooting beam from its hands from long distance. Instead, we have Shinn who always use the attack to facepalm the enemy MSs from up close.
  • We never see Gundam Sandrock uses its shield in Endless Waltz OVA & movie even though it has one.
  • Etc

So I just stopped wanting and accept the reality that we may never see G-Arcane transforming on screen (I haven’t seen episode 22-23 though, so I don’t know if G-Arcane finally transforms in those).
Old 2015-03-07, 19:50   Link #835
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, that's normal for Gundam. But usually? It's the subtler abilities they tend to not show, like specific usage of weaponry. The Arche Gundam, for example, has a beam rifle mode for its buster sword--never used it. The Gundam Throne Zwei has a beam saber mode in its buster sword--never used it. The Susanowo could eject its solid blades to use the hilts as beam sabers--never used it. Gundam 00 was pretty egregious about that sort of thing.

But forgetting that a mobile suit can transform into a mobile armor, a flight-based one at that, and thus not writing any scenarios for its usage? In a show where such forms were practically tailor-made to make them more appealing to purchase the model of? That's pretty bad.
Old 2015-03-07, 20:01   Link #836
monster

Is it possible that the transformation ability wasn't Tomino's idea?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-07, 20:08   Link #837
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It was likely cooked up by whoever designed the mobile suit, but you'd think Bandai would have it enforced, given how they always want people buying models and how such sales make or break Gundam shows.
Old 2015-03-07, 20:11   Link #838
monster

I'd think so too, but considering this is Tomino and it's part of the 35th anniversary projects, they probably don't mind too much as long as they still got good results.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-08, 08:57   Link #839
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

to be fair, there are many unused gimmicks of an MS in the entire franchise that if you blink & miss, this largely due to budget constraints or last minute cooking in redesigning or even a combination of both which is sometimes being exclusive to the toys & model kits, or the more sinister way is Bandai secretly trying to souped up a certain design that is not in the original work so it will sell more, the G-Arcane was like "hey boss, this unit looks boring & will not sell well, lets steroid it so it does not look dull!"

one of the most infamous examples?: the rare usage rifle storage racks, if you noticed in several series, a certain MS threw away its rifle before switching to melee weapons tactics, it is plausible if the rife is unusable due to damage, destroyed, or out of ammo that you have to go last ditch Rambo on it, the funny part is you see an MS threw away its still perfectly good functioning rifle like a Frisbee instead of storing it just to go CQC makes my head scratch, it is much funnier if the battle took place in an urban area or in the Earth's skies, where the heck did the rifle landed is a mystery since they are shown able to retrieve it later, the model kits somehow managed to get realistically & believably right strangely compared to its on screen counterpart, Gunpla has more imagination?

not counted as unused gimmick: animation errors
Old 2015-03-08, 11:15   Link #840
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
one of the most infamous examples?: the rare usage rifle storage racks, if you noticed in several series, a certain MS threw away its rifle before switching to melee weapons tactics, it is plausible if the rife is unusable due to damage, destroyed, or out of ammo that you have to go last ditch Rambo on it, the funny part is you see an MS threw away its still perfectly good functioning rifle like a Frisbee instead of storing it just to go CQC makes my head scratch, it is much funnier if the battle took place in an urban area or in the Earth's skies, where the heck did the rifle landed is a mystery since they are shown able to retrieve it later, the model kits somehow managed to get realistically & believably right strangely compared to its on screen counterpart, Gunpla has more imagination?

not counted as unused gimmick: animation errors
Eh, weapon rack/attachement/peg/holder is something really really minor in the grand scheme of things. Unlike a signature weapon that is unused (eg. FAZZ’ Mega Launcher), a wasted transformation feature (G-Arcane for now), and an attack that never used (Destiny’s long-range beam-palm). Also, the reason why MSs throw their perfectly-functioning rifles before going CQC is either 1) it’s too late to put the rifle in the proper holder as the situation needed the pilot/MS to act fast, or 2) cool factor. I guess the later is the most often used reason. Though if you watched closely in their respective series, RX-78-2, Zeta, Mk-II, Strike, Duel and some other suits still managed to properly store their rifles on their hips/backs/arms mid-action before pulling their beam sabers. So not all is wasted.