AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-02-28, 10:37   Link #301
kazzuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROzess View Post
The Queen marries a man from a different world and suddenly she invents all kind of awesome stuff to improve the lifestyle?
Yeah, people sure would buy that. And I'm talking about the nobles here, the common people have no influence in the country, but the nobles sure wouldn't sit back if she exploits the idea of her husband as her own. It's a patriach world after all and it was said how problematic the position of the Prince Consort is already.
At the very least Zenji could at least taught Aura some basic knowledge and not technology for example when he taught Aura Numbers. Maybe he can he teach other things like that. For example the knowledge in the realm of agriculture like soil circulation and many types culinary samples. Metal working is also a good choice.
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 11:24   Link #302
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya View Post
At the very least Zenji could at least taught Aura some basic knowledge and not technology for example when he taught Aura Numbers. Maybe he can he teach other things like that. For example the knowledge in the realm of agriculture like soil circulation and many types culinary samples. Metal working is also a good choice.
Yeah, ofc Zenjirou cannot prevent all kind of influence. He will definitely teach Aura a thing or two.
But these large-scale developments in medicine or whatever you guys suggested, is certainly over the top. He has to make small suggestion over a long period of time, then it's alright.
But if he suddenly changes the whole enviroment only becuase he can, then neither Aura, nor the nobles are going to tolerate it. Aura will dump him and the nobles will try to take power from Aura and maybe install Zenjirou instead, who knows.
Anyway, I doubt its a such a dark setting where suddenly someone dies from an illness that could have been prevented with modern medicine.
The main focus is and will always be Zenjirou as a sponger and lots of quality time with Aura
Old 2015-02-28, 11:43   Link #303
laclongquan

Advance in medicine is easier said than done. About the most obvious and easiest thing you can do is clean your doctor/healer hands before and after they do their stuff. Of course, this discount the MAGIC!!!!, man.

The other thing, more like engineering than medicine, is a system of sewer, bath houses, and cheap soap. However, the few chapters translated doesnt give impression that the environment is lacking. They dont mention thing like chamber pots, which mean they have flush toilets, at least.

In short, it seem not easy to introduce large advance of healthcare/medicine here
laclongquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 13:24   Link #304
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Aura will dump him
I don't think that's even possible at this point. Divorce in royalty are generally frowned upon imho.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 13:30   Link #305
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I don't think that's even possible at this point. Divorce in royalty are generally frowned upon imho.
Considering she would fall from power otherwise, she would definitely interfere in some kind of way. Though I doubt Zenjirou would act so clueless at this point either.
Old 2015-02-28, 15:10   Link #306
luffyxnami

Wow people seem to forget that zen brought a freaking tv with him and it should be obvious that him and aura watch them together so even if she don't understand what the heck the show is talking about, she can still see the picture so if she see something she want to implement from his world she would have ask. She didn't because she didn't want him to interfere to much. Later you will see that the one who ask about stuff is aura herself and when she does zen does provide her with the knowledge.
Also the whole introducing an bunch of new thing wouldn't have work and put aura power in danger. You will see this when they try to create some stuff from zen's world, all of the people who aura give instruction on how to make them become aware the zen is the master mind behind it too so if noble find out, zen will not have a peaceful life and aura will lose her power so unless zen is dumb enough to give up sexy time with his wife then yes he would start dumping all sort of ideas to aura without her asking for it or better yet he can just take over every thing and start an industrial revolution and make his country the strongest which will protect his citizen' life in the future.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-01, 17:51   Link #307
Cinocard

Quote:
It was stated more than once that Aura wanted a husband that does literally NOTHING. Zenjirou realized that and chose to obey that, thus doesn't want to influence the world as he would stand out then, which then again would be against Aura's wishes.
I understand it as she wants him to stay out of politics, not as him literally doing nothing.

There are numerous small quality of life things that he could have brought over to improve his life in the long term. All he needs to bring are books. He could, for example, advances mathematics or cuisine arts in this world by 300 years and Aura should not have a big qualm with it, since such "achievements" do not provide you any more qualification to be a ruler. As long as it's not sensitive areas like medicine or weapon art, there should be no problem.

He could, of course, simply be lazy. But imho "not wanting to interfere with this world technology" is more for Zenjirou's conscience than Aura's wish.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-01, 18:13   Link #308
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
I understand it as she wants him to stay out of politics, not as him literally doing nothing.

There are numerous small quality of life things that he could have brought over to improve his life in the long term. All he needs to bring are books. He could, for example, advances mathematics or cuisine arts in this world by 300 years and Aura should not have a big qualm with it, since such "achievements" do not provide you any more qualification to be a ruler. As long as it's not sensitive areas like medicine or weapon art, there should be no problem.

He could, of course, simply be lazy. But imho "not wanting to interfere with this world technology" is more for Zenjirou's conscience than Aura's wish.
He literally introduce numeral to aura but it was decide by aura advisor that it should be an slow implementation so how is he going to advance math when no one ask or let him? Also this is a different world where ingredients are different and stuff so how can he revolutionize cuisine. You will see that aura does tell her chef to try to recreate some of the stuff zen bought but it wasn't up to standard later.
You need to realize when aura ask him stuff he didn't shy away from teaching her but he is rarely the one trying to give her idea just because he believe it will benefits her kingdom. Zen realize his role and he doesn't want to over step it, he does get out of his comfort zone to help aura but only when she need it.
Aura is the one in control her not zen and you should realize this, zen love her and he won't do anything that prevent him from having access to her body
Old 2015-03-01, 18:39   Link #309
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

All this breakup talk is silly.
When you share a single pair of ipod earphones with your mate, you're OTP for life.
Didn't you know that?
Old 2015-03-01, 20:22   Link #310
havensgate
skull one

Quote:
The main focus is and will always be Zenjirou as a sponger and lots of quality time with Aura
this is what im looking forward..
technology advancement can go to....wherever they came from
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 15:20   Link #311
Breimoon

Ch1 is out.Ty PRO.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 18:15   Link #312
zippikay

yup, thanks, PROzess for the TL like always!

reading what zen went through in the party... if it were me the first thing i would do after i'm done with the party, with all the stuff of their version of hair wax, is scratching my head like a monkey

and oooh zen is in trouble lol
zippikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 18:44   Link #313
Amanomurakumo

PROzess's translations are always spot on.
You can tell his English is good as well as his Japanese.

Too many translators end up with numerous errors, but the quality of yours are on another level entirely.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 19:17   Link #314
Omoshiroi

Thanks for the translation PROzess!

Needs more quality time with Aura and Zen.
Omoshiroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 02:01   Link #315
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Thanks for the translation. I agree we need more sexy time between Zen and his smoking hot wife.

And yikes, his concubine candidate is taller than him. That general sure is bold to proposition him directly like that.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 04:34   Link #316
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Thanks for the translation. I agree we need more sexy time between Zen and his smoking hot wife.

And yikes, his concubine candidate is taller than him. That general sure is bold to proposition him directly like that.
I don't like her, not because of her height, but because she seems to have the same twisted ambitious personality like her brother.
She's never gonna love Zenjirou and only would make a child with him to advance her and her brother's standing, no love for Zenjirou whatsoever.

On the other hand, Octavia is a fucking sweet woman. Sadly enough, she seems quite happy with her husband. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed it, but polygamy only seems for the royalty and Octavia being the count 2nd wife refers to his first wife passing away.
Otherwise he surely wouldn't go to a social gathering without his first wife.
The Count does seem like a nice guy, too, albeit scheming like any noble out there. Octavia seems in good hands.

Next chapter, a small timeskip oO Just a few month, though.
Old 2015-03-04, 04:45   Link #317
Waxman

Indeed, the count does seem like a relatively good guy and if you despite his many flaws, Puyol does has his saving points.
For good or bad so far there's no "bad guy" we can hate with all our hearts.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 04:49   Link #318
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

^^Aye, the ambition of the siblings were actually bleeding through everywhere that pretty much anyone can see it.

Oh? a timeskip? Well, from the volume illustrations it won't be the first
Old 2015-03-04, 05:35   Link #319
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Indeed, the count does seem like a relatively good guy and if you despite his many flaws, Puyol does has his saving points.
For good or bad so far there's no "bad guy" we can hate with all our hearts.
Yeah, Puyol isn't the bad guy (yet?), but to me, he's already unsympathetic. But that's okay, I rather worry about the lil sis. I don't want her to have anything to do with Zenjirou. He is soo happy with Aura and I would cry if it gets wrecked. I'm totally against a harem in this story, but if he is forced to take a concubine for political reason, then I want it to be a likable, kind woman like Octavia.
Old 2015-03-04, 06:00   Link #320
luffyxnami

Quote:
Yeah, Puyol isn't the bad guy (yet?), but to me, he's already unsympathetic. But that's okay, I rather worry about the lil sis. I don't want her to have anything to do with Zenjirou. He is soo happy with Aura and I would cry if it gets wrecked. I'm totally against a harem in this story, but if he is forced to take a concubine for political reason, then I want it to be a likable, kind woman like Octavia.
Well if we are to look at the volume cover we might get a hint of girl that have big impact on zen and have a high chance of being part of his harem, this apply to pretty much all harem light novel. So by looking at the cover the strongest candidate for the harem right now could be the girl in the cover of volume 5&6. She is a new character that don't appear in the wn so I can wait to find out what she is like.

Tags
harem, politics, riajuu, romance, transported