AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-04-15, 12:01   Link #3041
Dargor
Welp

@X-Fire: Dammit, you beat me to the punch! I've been saving that image for awhile to use it.

Quote:
I hate whiners, especially if they're protagonist, he should train instead of whining!
Yes, shame on Touta for calling Not!Eva out on her atrocious handling of the entire situation. He's such a whiny little git, what with being saddled with debt in damages that probably couldn't have prevented in the first place and being paid a slaves wage despite a infinite amount of lesser lackies taking up the HQ's space for the medial jobs.

I don't even like the kid (Well, his role in the scheme of things. He's got a decent head on his shoulders and is friendly enough), but let's be reasonable now, the kids got a right to vent.
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 16:36   Link #3042
Twi

It doesn't help that he sees Fate as a rival for Yukihime's attention, and he's not wrong. One minute he's living with her and they have a mother-son dynamic, the next minute he's on UQ island and rarely sees her. Then Fate comes along, has a longer history with her and shows up every time he sees her afterwards.

It's like a kid dealing with his mother having a new boyfriend.
Old 2015-04-15, 18:24   Link #3043
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
When just seeing the spoilers saying Kitty, I wondered if it could be Al on disguise. But after seeing the actual character and the vampire fangs that weren't mentioned, I'm more on a new vampire character. And I'm really interested, I've been curious about how the vampire society work in the universe since back on Negiuma, that never delved on it.
actually for a while I almost thought it was
旦那 (dɑ̀n nɑ)

(master or husband in Japanese) when only seeing the text of what Eva calls her, without seeing the spoiler picture I thought it could have been the white wing monk guy, curious choice of name.
Old 2015-04-15, 18:55   Link #3044
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
there are a few things I have problem with CR version of this chapter.

1. they LOST a page, it should be 16, and they only have 15, it was especially obvious in the last 5-6 pages when the double page lay up is out of sync, I wait until the raw is out to make sure, I think the page they miss is pg #8, not enough to alter the story but making the transition awkward. this is just about inexcusable for an official release.
Totally agree on that point, which is what push me over the edge and send me into raving loony mode.

Quote:
2. for the listing of various Kuroumaru’s moves, they went for the direct sound translation, which means it was totally meaningless for the English readers because you don’t know what they meant.
Much of the text is blocked anyway, so that didn't matter to me. And I like the Japanese names, but that's just me.

Quote:
however, there is a third logical guess. it is a long shot I admit...

Kumama. chief maid in disguise.
*LOL* Now that you mention it, that would tickle me if this were the case. It is a long shot though, like you said.

Quote:
When just seeing the spoilers saying Kitty, I wondered if it could be Al on disguise. But after seeing the actual character and the vampire fangs that weren't mentioned, I'm more on a new vampire character. And I'm really interested, I've been curious about how the vampire society work in the universe since back on Negiuma, that never delved on it.
Exactly. Eva's being a vampire was more of a thing in volume 3, then after that, it was mostly swept under the rug other than as a gag (Eva threatening to drain someone of every drop, for example). When Touta was made a vampire in UQ Holder, I was really hoping we'd get that exploration of vampires and subsequently an exploration of Eva's character. None of that happened, and to be honest, I don't trust Akamatsu-sensei to really explore it now, even though I want him to.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 21:44   Link #3045
Dargor
Welp

I always wanted to see Akamatsu try for a chubby girl in one of his series. But not like this.

Not like this.

Thankfully unlike what I pictured in my head when spoilers came about, she's not flat out gonk, which is sort of comforting. Still though, I'm kinda cold to her at the moment. Gloria Chief seems like a pretty cool dude. I noticed that Akamatsu fluffed it up again and forgot to draw Gloria's glove on him in one panel, and that Vampire-Ladies hand is freakishly large in her full body panel.
Old 2015-04-16, 17:00   Link #3046
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
I always wanted to see Akamatsu try for a chubby girl in one of his series.
Unless you mean "in a prominent role", I thought Akamatsu already went the chubby girl route with Satsuki (although it may be be considered "big build" than chubby).
Old 2015-04-16, 21:08   Link #3047
Dargor
Welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Unless you mean "in a prominent role", I thought Akamatsu already went the chubby girl route with Satsuki (although it may be be considered "big build" than chubby).
Sadly, she wasn't around enough, like the ones that got dumped during the MM arc...well, maybe just Ayaka.

Though, I like seeing different body shapes in manga in general so long as they don't look like a cheap gag. Hard to tell where this particular characters heading.
Old 2015-04-16, 22:00   Link #3048
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
Sadly, she wasn't around enough, like the ones that got dumped during the MM arc...well, maybe just Ayaka.

Though, I like seeing different body shapes in manga in general so long as they don't look like a cheap gag. Hard to tell where this particular characters heading.
I'm predicting the new version of Rakan (in terms of trainer, not actual character).
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 22:23   Link #3049
Twi

I'm kinda hoping Anya shows up at some point. She got shafted too... how long do mages live again?
Old 2015-04-17, 00:29   Link #3050
Dargor
Welp

Don't know, but Anya was never really important in the grand scheme of things, even though you'd expect otherwise. Ancient Magisters might be a thing, but if the ability to extend their lifespan was accessible, we'd at least have hints of Yue or Konoka still being around, which doesn't seem to be the case.

^^Ehhhh. In Holder, the trend seems to be explore the immortal for three or four chapters, and dump them into Oblivion until they become immediatley relavent again. Trainers get hacked away even worse (Jinbei, Wolf-Guy), so she'll probably just fall off the face of the earth once she does whatever with Touta. Rakan at least had a lasting presence after his debut.

I expect the Ranked S guy to be a closer equivalent to the Rakan thing, assuming it isn't Hoodie Kills-A-Lot.
Old 2015-04-21, 19:32   Link #3051
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Illusion, Inverse Mars, Time Travel, Parallel Universe, or Vampire Realm. Hmm...

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 19:45   Link #3052
Rainne

Quote:
llusion, Inverse Mars, Time Travel, Parallel Universe, or Vampire Realm. Hmm.
none of this makes much sense really, were was all these Different worlds/dimensions in the prequel when everything was going to crap, typical shounen cliche once again
Rainne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 19:47   Link #3053
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Illusion, Inverse Mars, Time Travel, Parallel Universe, or Vampire Realm. Hmm...
I'm guessing that from the comment she made, it's probably Vampire Realm (so we have another clone Eva, similar to the scroll one) or the past (Time Travel). But all options are open as of now.

I must say, while it continues to be somewhat annoying that every time we come closer to answering questions some pitching has to show up to delay it further, I thought it was amusing seeing Eva made into putty by Dana. Seeing Fate's super serious reaction to the ridiculous situation made it all the better

Let's see how this plays out now. I'm hoping it isn't actually time travel since that would imply Tota was actually the one who gave Eva inspiration to develop Magia Erebea

Edit: come to think of it, it could actually be feedback from Cosmo Entelecheia as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
none of this makes much sense really, were was all these Different worlds/dimensions in the prequel when everything was going to crap, typical shounen cliche once again
You mean in Negima?

The different dimensions and worlds were in Negima as far back the Mahora School festival, with how Negi needed to get back in time to stop Chao's revealing magic to the world. And that hyperbolic time chamber was its own separate dimension as well if I recall.

As for the different worlds: Cosmo Entelecheia, Inverse Mars and the demon world (Venus) were different worlds as well.

Last edited by Arabesque; 2015-04-21 at 19:57.
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 20:49   Link #3054
Random14

Not often we see someone able to tease Eva so much, as well as someone powerful enough to ridicule her (Al knew what buttons to push, but usually wasn't this physical). Though slightly annoyed at someone this powerful showing up, since before Eva was usually near the top of the power chart. Fate's calm expression while having a random train of thought was funny though.

I'm leaning towards time travel, or at least Eva's past self, probably some time after she was turned into a vampire. Huh, so this is a true high daylight walker. Eva's been called that (as at full power the normal vampire weaknesses don't affect her much), but she was turned into a vampire by the Lifemaker long ago.

Hm, wonder if this is all in Touta's head or if a stable time loop will develop somehow. That beast reminds me of Magia Erebea a bit, and it was said Eva developed that technique long ago when she was still weak, and here's Touta with his own version to act as an inspiration or model or something. Or she'll end up teaching Touta how to use it or something. At least this is something different than just another Rakan (though still miss him). Funny fighting Fate is still Touta's goal, but at least that's something simple and easy to pursue, that enmity with his supposed "sibling" in contrast sounds convoluted and very messy.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 20:49   Link #3055
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I've been noticing weird things in the manga, which come off as mistakes -- Touta being bandaged up, then not, then bandaged all in the same conversation; Touta having an eye patch, then not, then having the eye patch again. I can't believe Akamatsu-sensei is making so many mistakes, so I'm starting to wonder if Kirie resetting the time is actually putting us into a new timeline, and actually shifting to a parallel universe.

That being said, it appears that here, we may have a parallel universe AND a Vampire Realm within said universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Huh, so this is a true high daylight walker. Eva's been called that (as at full power the normal vampire weaknesses don't affect her much), but she was turned into a vampire by the Lifemaker long ago.
I don't like it that Eva is calling herself a fake after being described for so long as the High Daylight Walker and a shinso vampire. Either she is one or she isn't one.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2015-04-21, 20:58   Link #3056
Twi

At least he's honest about. He just wants to beat Fate....
Old 2015-04-21, 21:08   Link #3057
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
I don't like it that Eva is calling herself a fake after being described for so long as the High Daylight Walker and a shinso vampire. Either she is one or she isn't one.
If a real True Ancestor is born as one, then Eva is a fake, since she was transformed into a vampire by magic. We've known that forever.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 21:14   Link #3058
chaosprophet

Regarding Eva, it may be a illusion like Eva's scroll and the ones Albiero could use, that act as the original would act at the point of time they were created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
If a real True Ancestor is born as one, then Eva is a fake, since she was transformed into a vampire by magic. We've known that forever.
Although I'm also familiarized with that concept, I understand ANB point as we never got any confirmation that vampires born as vampires existed in the Negima/UQ universe.
Old 2015-04-21, 22:58   Link #3059
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Negi identified a shinso vampire as one being created by magic, not through the traditional methods. This chapter now says, "Yeah, not so much." I just published my chapter review, where I postulate a theory that Akamatsu-sensei will use to allow Eva to claim she was a shinso vampire while not being one. It doesn't explain why Negi got it wrong.

Quote:
Regarding Eva, it may be a illusion like Eva's scroll and the ones Albiero could use, that act as the original would act at the point of time they were created.
I'm theorizing that Touta is in a phantasmagoria. Eva had that power, and if Dana is the one who trained her, then Dana likely has that power, considering how powerful Dana is.

Old 2015-04-21, 23:29   Link #3060
novalysis

What I'm particularly interested in, is the implication that Touta knows French.

There is definitely much more to Touta's past than we are led to believe. Inferior Knockoff - with a level of immortality that rivals Karin. Something isn't right here, if there were many Negi clones running around, there's probably something exceptional about Touta. Perhaps Touta is being sealed much like Asuna, for some reason related to Mundus Magicus? Or even another world altogether.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love