AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-04-15, 07:00   Link #5381
AP24

Kiyosumi will definitely go to the final and I'd say the other one will be Rinkai since they have such a huge lead. If that happens, the captain match of the final will be all 1st years. 3 of them are considered monster-class and 1 can nullify even a monster's power.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 00:48   Link #5382
Azure_yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Kiyosumi will definitely go to the final and I'd say the other one will be Rinkai since they have such a huge lead. If that happens, the captain match of the final will be all 1st years. 3 of them are considered monster-class and 1 can nullify even a monster's power.
yeah i really hope so,

No matter how much i hate Achiga power up in Side A, she will be a neat opponent for Saki.
Awai: this player will gave Saki some personal pain, in and outside the game
- In game: Awai also a master of Kan, this will shake Saki up maybe thats why Hisa made her fight Maho to prepare for this)

Achiga (sorry my mind refuse to remember her name it seem lol: Shizuno (red=thanks to Marina
- what will Saki do when someone nullify her power, but after all said and done Hisa already prepare this when she asked Saki to play online, but this is not that similar with Momo case but just like online Saki cant predict what tile is where, so.. your skill Saki we need more logic and strategy from you

Rinkai: with her personality of saving money, i think she will go for fast hand for defense/offense no matter the value, This will make her press Saki so hard because Saki usually need at least 7 turn to start making point if she need to do with Kan.
this thing happen of course if we factor Kokushi musou in 1st season with only 3 turn or her double richi ippatsu tsumo, if she use this power maybe opponent with fast hand wont be a problem for her

Ha ha if Saki only going for a Rinshan well we will definitely got incredible treat with Saki skill and power after all playing against people who can shake her very foundation will be indeed a great treat we will be having and maybe second only from the ultimate showdown

SAKI VS TERU ha ha ha ha

Last edited by Azure_yo; 2015-04-18 at 06:19.
Azure_yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 08:15   Link #5383
Chitanda Eru

Whatever happens, I still wait for a yakuman of 4 kan which can be only done by Saki :">
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 13:19   Link #5384
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
We all know that Kiyosumi is going to be in the final. What is interesting here is: Will they go to the final as 1st place or 2nd place. I hope Kiyosumi will proceed as 2nd place here as the reminder for them and readers that even in a demon mode, Saki is NOT unbeatable ,so the final round will have more tension.

The team with huge lead means Ritz can make them getting hit a lot. Oh, I'm starting to feel sorry for Nelly.

@Azure_Yo: The team name is Achiga. The Player name is Shizuno.
Old 2015-04-18, 10:05   Link #5385
Chitanda Eru

Hmm, I wonder Nelly will use her secret this time or she will wait till the final.
If she try to keep her secret, maybe she will lost the first place. Saki beat Koromo-full-moon with the gap of 80,000 points. But this time will be more trouble for her since captain of Usuzan is above of the league and Kyoko is also hyped this time. However, I don't think Kyoko is better than Yumi of Tsugura.
Old 2015-04-18, 11:17   Link #5386
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Kyoko and Yumi very much remind me of each other, now that you mention it.

But Nelly...well, I dunno...I would not be surprised if she were multi-talented but it could be Saki will pull something out of her hat at the last minute that will shock and surprise her. Nelly strikes me as one of the super sensitive sorts, like Saki, Koromo, Jindai and others...actually Teru is remarkably shrewd in combination with the sensitivity, never mind her demon mirror thingee.
Old 2015-04-19, 05:46   Link #5387
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
We all know that Kiyosumi is going to be in the final. What is interesting here is: Will they go to the final as 1st place or 2nd place. I hope Kiyosumi will proceed as 2nd place here as the reminder for them and readers that even in a demon mode, Saki is NOT unbeatable ,so the final round will have more tension.

The team with huge lead means Ritz can make them getting hit a lot. Oh, I'm starting to feel sorry for Nelly.
That is if Saki goes all out this time. It's technically not much of a reminder for readers if Saki manages to earn 2nd while still get +/- zero. Personally, I place more importance on the "how" rather than "who" is gonna beat her which is part of the reasons why I'm looking forward to see how the upcoming match unfold.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 06:20   Link #5388
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
That is if Saki goes all out this time. It's technically not much of a reminder for readers if Saki manages to earn 2nd while still get +/- zero. Personally, I place more importance on the "how" rather than "who" is gonna beat her which is part of the reasons why I'm looking forward to see how the upcoming match unfold.
Hmm, If Saki get second place with +/- 0 it will be really really interesting. Some player and coaches may realize and know how strong saki is :"> although she will not take the first place. Saki can't always win but she can get +/-0 in every match if she want though how strong her opponents are.
Old 2015-04-19, 08:22   Link #5389
Azure_yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
Hmm, If Saki get second place with +/- 0 it will be really really interesting. Some player and coaches may realize and know how strong saki is :"> although she will not take the first place. Saki can't always win but she can get +/-0 in every match if she want though how strong her opponents are.
Yup this will explain a lot after all before the tournament Saki never tried to get first place only second because 1st place will give her bonus point so +/-0 isn't possible

But even with all of this, there is something that kind of messing with my mind actually. The fact of how ditzy Saki is, prone to tripping anywhere and getting lost to her mahjong,

Because after i reread and rewatched Saki again there are something that does not quite match such as:

1. Saki is clumsy tripping over her own foot but when she chased after Nodoka by Jumping the stair in Nagano final to support Nodoka thats something thats not quite there for me
if only i can make moving pic lol that 270 0 jumping was great)
after all

Clumsy and athletic are 2 different side thats so far a way from each other

2. If a clumsy side is portraying a +/- 0 Saki then what will we have when Saki is in her athletic mode

Last edited by Azure_yo; 2015-04-19 at 08:39.
Azure_yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 18:25   Link #5390
Candle Light

Quote:
Hmm, I wonder Nelly will use her secret this time or she will wait till the final.
If she try to keep her secret, maybe she will lost the first place. Saki beat Koromo-full-moon with the gap of 80,000 points. But this time will be more trouble for her since captain of Usuzan is above of the league and Kyoko is also hyped this time. However, I don't think Kyoko is better than Yumi of Tsugura.
I'm interested in seeing what Kyoko will actually do. I still don't really get why Saki is so afraid of her. Saki seemed in control of everything during the latter part of the match.
Candle Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 03:22   Link #5391
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by harue View Post
I still don't really get why Saki is so afraid of her. Saki seemed in control of everything during the latter part of the match.
It doesn't make sense for me too. Kyoko only try to use speed during the first hanchan. And the next she won 2 times thanks to Saki's help
Old 2015-04-20, 05:33   Link #5392
thenightsshadow

Omniscient POV muddles the reason.

Saki is scared of Kyouko because of her reverse Mirror Ability, the ability to see the potential of people. This has always been the case from the very beginning.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 08:15   Link #5393
Chitanda Eru

I'm sorry but Mirror Ability is belong to Teru. Kyoko has no skill
Besides, Kyouko couldn't win if she lack of Saki's help in the semi. If Saki didn't try to score +/-0, Kyoko may be eliminated. So the fact that Saki is scared of Kyouko is a plot hole for me or Ritz is trying to buff Kyoko potential for the next match with Saki. It's same what she did with Achiga, from zero to hero @__@
Old 2015-04-20, 08:25   Link #5394
thenightsshadow

Quote:
I'm sorry but Mirror Ability is belong to Teru. Kyoko has no skill
Besides, Kyouko couldn't win if she lack of Saki's help in the semi. If Saki didn't try to score +/-0, Kyoko may be eliminated. So the fact that Saki is scared of Kyouko is a plot hole for me or Ritz is trying to buff Kyoko potential for the next match with Saki. It's same what she did with Achiga, from zero to hero @__@
Did I say that Saki had the Mirror Ability? The reverse Mirror is what I'm talking about. It's never shown, only implied, because every time we see Saki encountering a strong opponent she quakes. It's not even based on abilities.

This isn't the first time we've seen Saki scared due to a mahjong opponent. And this isn't the first time we've seen Saki scared due to a mahjong opponent that doesn't have a skill. This is a pattern.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 21:00   Link #5395
Candle Light

I can understand it from the perspective of Kyoko being able to figure the potential of someone or figure their style out. Wasn't it Teru who just commented on having to play Kyoko twice? I guess that makes Saki's comment about "I might not win next time" more plausible. I did get the impression that Kyoko is very intelligent during their match because she thinks a lot, and really that's all she has to rely on since she doesn't have outright occult power.
Candle Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 22:47   Link #5396
Azure_yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by harue View Post
I'm interested in seeing what Kyoko will actually do. I still don't really get why Saki is so afraid of her. Saki seemed in control of everything during the latter part of the match.
I think is because in 1st round Kyoko disturb the flow, and that was outside Saki prediction because it unable her to get Kan and won
Old 2015-04-30, 20:49   Link #5397
King-Slayer

So Shinohayu 20 is out. It's mostly build up to her match but still nice. Kana and Kyouka come along for the ride and Rui is already defeated. So next time should be some mahjong.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 04:49   Link #5398
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Transition chapter in Shinohayu indeed.

Looking forward to the next chapter for some serious mahjong play again.

I did like the art on the first few pages especially - very nice.
Old 2015-05-01, 07:52   Link #5399
Kamieichi

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...g-staff/.87716
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 09:38   Link #5400
Emballage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamieichi View Post
This is cool. Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN (emphasis added)
Customers who preorder the volume at Animate, Gamers, Tora no Ana, or Melon Books can get a clear file with an image of Nodoka and Yukiko, drawn by Kobayashi.
I definitely cannot, for the love of god, imagine what the prominent feature(s) of such an illustration would be .

Shinohayu 20:

Just a short comment: would this champion "Niemann" happen to be the same person referred to in the volume 7 chapter when Fujita and Kubo were discussing players?
Emballage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri