AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-06-12, 03:49   Link #361
expertsource

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Tatsuya can't Flash Cast Decomposition though, it's in his natural MCA. His CADs are specialized for Decomposition so it can't hinder him, the only problem is that his hands are full and he's trying to solve this with his Silver Trace. Most of the characters will probably use thought-process CAD soon.
Katsushige said that tatsuya can fast cast decomposition, in volume 16 from spoilers. get to the new infromations echizen.

it's also completely logical. when reminiscie chapter, tatsuya were using decomposition with bare hands withous any cad. there is only one conclusiion. it's in an instant with image from the brain which is flash cast or it's in an instant with flash cast. there is no other explanation. Also, tatsuya can use regowth without any spell or cad, people can't even see him using it, where fujibayashi and the other captain talked while tatsuya vs masaki.

it doesn't matter wtich AMC it is. if you use a magic without CAD. it means you use it in an instant, which is flash cast. it is proven many times, with that talk while masaki vs tatsuya and with the talk of katsusgige in volume 16.

tatsuya's innates magics are instant. which means activation time is zero unlike all cad users.

Last edited by expertsource; 2015-06-12 at 03:58. Reason: edited
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 04:27   Link #362
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
Katsushige said that tatsuya can fast cast decomposition, in volume 16 from spoilers. get to the new infromations echizen.

it's also completely logical. when reminiscie chapter, tatsuya were using decomposition with bare hands withous any cad. there is only one conclusiion. it's in an instant with image from the brain which is flash cast or it's in an instant with flash cast. there is no other explanation. Also, tatsuya can use regowth without any spell or cad, people can't even see him using it, where fujibayashi and the other captain talked while tatsuya vs masaki.

it doesn't matter wtich AMC it is. if you use a magic without CAD. it means you use it in an instant, which is flash cast. it is proven many times, with that talk while masaki vs tatsuya and with the talk of katsusgige in volume 16.

tatsuya's innates magics are instant. which means activation time is zero unlike all cad users.
There is no magic with instant speed, that's impossible, and there are magicians able to use a magic without a CAD, it doesn't need to be Flash Cast. His CADs have been customized to use his innate magics. If Tatsuya can Flash Cast Decomposition and Regrowth it means his natural speed for these magics become kinda useless. Just saw the post you are talking about but it's still hard for me to believe this given how it works though I am not really qualified to say this. Even if he can do this it doesn't mean that he's faster than all the others magicians.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 05:10   Link #363
amtro
Distro

I can look up the quote on that one too. The benefit of using a CAD is that it is less tiring on the MCA as you have a secondary MCA in the conduit stone from the CAD. Also you seem to be woefully misinformed on what a superpower is.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 05:57   Link #364
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
I can look up the quote on that one too. The benefit of using a CAD is that it is less tiring on the MCA as you have a secondary MCA in the conduit stone from the CAD. Also you seem to be woefully misinformed on what a superpower is.
So, what is your definition of a Superpower and what's the difference between it and systematic magic?
Old 2015-06-12, 12:00   Link #365
amtro
Distro

A superpower is a supernatural ability of any type, the ability to use magic is classified as a superpower. However magicians are jack-of-all-trades superpower users, as opposed to specialized superpower users who sacrifice power for versitality.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 13:06   Link #366
Echizen777

Quote:
A superpower is a supernatural ability of any type, the ability to use magic is classified as a superpower. However magicians are jack-of-all-trades superpower users, as opposed to specialized superpower users who sacrifice power for versitality.
And that's what I said, I didn't mention that it is a supernatural ability of any type because I am using the norms of Modern Magic they use currently in their world. Nowadays, they have their four types and eight systems that they call Systematic Magic, Super Senses(ESP) are classified as Sensory Magic, ability to use the Psions themselves are Non Systematic magic and Mental Interference magic and the likes are Outer Systematic magic, and there are still subclasses. As it was said in Volume 7, the classifications are just a matter of convenience, when your ability don't fit in all of this they are just called Superpowers.

Decomposition and Regrowth interfere directly with the structural information so they can't be considered as Systematic Magics, the main reason he's called a fake magician. ES however, which is ESP, can be classified as a Sensory Magic by modern standards.
Old 2015-06-12, 17:39   Link #367
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post

Do you mind providing the passage (one or two sentences long is fine) where they say any sort of instant casting is defined as Flash Cast? Because I'm pretty sure the older material indicates Flash Cast as A way of casting instantly, not the ONLY way things are cast instantly. Given the amount of detail put into this setting, using an example case to define all cases of it happening is an easy way to cause confusion later on.

Quote:
I'm curious on how you would fit your opinion to the explanation from this section in the early volumes.

Spoiler for Volume 2, Chapter 7 regarding Miyuki's Superpower:

Unless there's something later trumping that?
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 00:04   Link #368
nurismail
want to learn japanese ..

regarding flash cast, in episode 7 in anime (last episode of blanche arc) when erika said to go ahead,, and tatsuya actived some magic(idk the name of magic) is he using fash cast ??
nurismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 01:08   Link #369
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurismail View Post
regarding flash cast, in episode 7 in anime (last episode of blanche arc) when erika said to go ahead,, and tatsuya actived some magic(idk the name of magic) is he using fash cast ??
Do you have a timestamp of when this was? I'm not seeing any magic involved when interacting with Erika in the entire episode.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 01:33   Link #370
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurismail View Post
The leaping magic I guess? It's episode 6. Yes, it must be Flash Cast because it would take too much time to use if he were to cast it normally.
Old 2015-06-17, 12:40   Link #371
MRD143

I'm re-reading volume 9 and Lina is thinking about a Magician who could supposedly alter the structure of the brain(Miya) but according to records that Magician never married and never had children. So apparently there isn't anything to link Tatsuya and Miyuki with Miya.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 09:21   Link #372
erbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaka148 View Post
Hi everyone, just wanted to add my views on this discussion. If anything I mention is wrong, please correct me.

ehbrah - IIRC, he used his pressure slash to deflect HMB. It probably saved him, but he got shocked by the aftermath. Supposedly, lina was using Brioniac to regulate the power of HMB. I doubt Naotsugu could have blocked the full-power version.
How does pressure slash affect a direct plasma stream though? It touched Tatsuya and blew away his arm. Especially with brionac, I can't see Lina's interference being less than Nao's.
erbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 09:37   Link #373
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbrah View Post
How does pressure slash affect a direct plasma stream though? It touched Tatsuya and blew away his arm. Especially with brionac, I can't see Lina's interference being less than Nao's.
Pressure Slash is weight-type magic, the sword is covered by repulsion field, he managed to reduce the blow but the electromagnetic waves knocked him out. Lina was not attempting to kill him in the first place since her target was the sword, it was probably what she intended. Yes, there's no way Naotsugu's IS can be higher than Lina with her HMB but this is still his best magic and he's Bloom material so his IS when he uses it should be fairly high.
Old 2015-07-01, 21:05   Link #374
erbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Pressure Slash is weight-type magic, the sword is covered by repulsion field, he managed to reduce the blow but the electromagnetic waves knocked him out. Lina was not attempting to kill him in the first place since her target was the sword, it was probably what she intended. Yes, there's no way Naotsugu's IS can be higher than Lina with her HMB but this is still his best magic and he's Bloom material so his IS when he uses it should be fairly high.
I still can't see how he could. Lina is beyond Nao's strength, they're in different leagues. I can't see any way he could deflect a direct strategic class attack, even if it was toned down. Unless, she didn't make it go to him, which is unlikely because it said he split the attack.

I'm seriously confused.

erbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 01:56   Link #375
Kadia

I'm always confused with so called "secret sword techniques" of Chiba styles. Rather than "cool" those sounded ridiculous and redundant. Honestly, i cannot differentiate the techniques and its characteristics just understand that when use those techniques can cut everything.

How that pressure slash can repulse the HMB, i have no idea. One thing for sure though, Lina shot HMB without intent to kill and with regulated output aiming to disable i guess.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 12:37   Link #376
Echizen777

The Puppet Terror mentioned in vol 17 summary is Suzune's magic, right? It's said Gouki didn't try anything against it because human manipulation is forbidden, does it mean first lab magicians are all able to control the body if they want to?
Old 2015-09-05, 09:39   Link #377
Kadia

^ Hasn't been mentioned that Suzune's magic can be invoked only when touching? The puppet terror is remote precision spell so i don't think it is the same magic.

Also, the puppet terror should be Gu Jie's signature spell considering that he was also a researcher in ancient magic once and did the research relevant to immortality otherwise how could Zhou who was his direct disciple didn't use it.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-05, 09:59   Link #378
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
^ Hasn't been mentioned that Suzune's magic can be invoked only when touching? The puppet terror is remote precision spell so i don't think it is the same magic.

Also, the puppet terror should be Gu Jie's signature spell considering that he was also a researcher in ancient magic once and did the research relevant to immortality otherwise how could Zhou who was his direct disciple didn't use it.
I don't remember touch being necessary, but it takes some time for activation. According to the summary Gouki suspected Gu's magic to be Puppet Terror, and Gu is skilled at magic controlling the body, his magic is probably an Ancient one but with the same effects as Puppet Terror.

Spoiler for 1st lab:

Puppet Terror is not the immortality spell, it's a magic coming from 1st lab, but what am wondering is if that's the magic Ichihara used and if all the magicians with this number can use it, considering Gouki's thoughts.
Old 2015-11-13, 12:01   Link #379
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Ghostwalker is an Outer-Systematic Type magic, it doesn't affect the information dimension, but the target's mind.
How did Minoru counter this then? It says he was looking directly at the Eidos. It was not perfect but he could deal with it better than Tatsuya, who only succeeded because of Nakura's blood.
Old 2015-11-13, 12:01   Link #380
MRD143

Kazama noticed early on that Tatsuya's spells seem to have some aspects of Ancient Magic in them so maybe Tatsuya just hasn't realized that he CAN use Ancient Magic but it is set in his mind that he can't because he has constantly been told he is defective as a Magician.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote