AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-09-24, 21:12   Link #161
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well that's certainly... unique so to say. Gundam really is whatever you name it as

I HEREBY DECLARE THAT I AM A GUNDAM AND NONE SHALL STOP ME-

*is shot*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 21:23   Link #162
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I HEREBY DECLARE THAT I AM A GUNDAM AND NONE SHALL STOP ME-

*is shot*
Setsuna welcomes you in his I AM GUNDAM!!!-club

AverageFan is already a member, btw :
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageFan View Post
I am gundam
Old 2015-09-24, 21:23   Link #163
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given how the G-Lucifer looked in G-Reco, perhaps we should've expected this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Gusion is officially the Gundam in this series.
Do you mean A Gundam or the Gundam (as in the Gundam Barbatos in disguise)?
Old 2015-09-24, 21:34   Link #164
Wandering Soul

Gusion is one unique looking Gundam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Gusion is officially the Gundam in this series.
Don't you mean a Gundam in the series? Is not the Barbatos the main gundam of this series?
Old 2015-09-24, 21:56   Link #165
Frontier

Well, if nothing else, this series looks like it's definitely going to stretch the idea of what a Gundam is supposed to look like .
Old 2015-09-24, 22:33   Link #166
solidvanz
Special Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Gusion is one unique looking Gundam.

Don't you mean a Gundam in the series? Is not the Barbatos the main gundam of this series?
A Gundam, my silly mistake.

New info from 4chan:

New MS is called マンロディ(Manrody?), heavy armor&high output concept MS. Has Machinegun and Hammer Chopper(mounts on rear waist). Belongs to ブルワーズ(Blue Wars) force. HG in December.

Gusion can mount its Hammer on the back and its Machinegun on rear waist. HG in December.

Hyakuren Amida Machine is pink and releases in December. MP unit is blue releases in November.
Old 2015-09-24, 23:29   Link #167
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, if nothing else, this series looks like it's definitely going to stretch the idea of what a Gundam is supposed to look like .
I doubt any other series can go crazier than G Gundam in that department .
Old 2015-09-25, 00:50   Link #168
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think Gundam is slowly on the verge of becoming Kamen Rider when designing rival Gundams, as several rival Kamen Riders doesn't have the typical insect-like compound bug eyed look which is standard in a traditional Kamen Rider, opting for a visor or medieval knight look,

at least Gundam Gusion has the standard Gundam eyes instead of Gundam G-Lucifer's mono eye system,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Yaaay! Hyakuri lineart finally revealed!

Borrowed from mechatalk.

https://i.imgur.com/YrcbLoz.jpg
i think i will have to spent my time trying to balance the gunpla of this thing, skinny legs & huge backpack is not a good combination.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-25, 00:57   Link #169
monster

I wonder what the fork on Gushion is supposed to represent.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-25, 02:37   Link #170
Skye629

Say hello to the more of the crew

Courtesy of gunplaaaa (more close ups of the kits can be found on GundamGuy for those interested, you can find all the names there as well along with the custom designations for some of the specific pilot use units)

I have not found a single unit for far (MS) from this series which design I did not like at all

Last edited by Skye629; 2015-09-25 at 03:01.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-25, 03:00   Link #171
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ LOL @Barbatos stealing Graze’s shoulders & forearm-weapon. Is that how Barbatos will evolve? By cannibalizing the strongest parts of enemy-MSs it defeated one by one until it becomes a mishmash? Sounds like a fun game to me.

And look at the contrast between Gushion’s hammer’s parts. The handle is extremely thin that it looks ridiculous. I hope the show provide a good reason of how that thing works. Maybe a special material?
Old 2015-09-25, 03:02   Link #172
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ LOL @Barbatos stealing Graze’s shoulders & forearm-weapon. Is that how Barbatos will evolve? By cannibalizing the strongest parts of enemy-MSs it defeated one by one until it becomes a mishmash? Sounds like a fun game to me.

And look at the contrast between Gushion’s hammer’s parts. The handle is extremely thin that it looks ridiculous. I hope the show provide a good reason of how that thing works. Maybe a special material?
Hmmmm I think in the end all we really care about is seeing the Gushion bashing in some stuff with that in an epic fashion
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-25, 03:08   Link #173
solidvanz
Special Operative

Old 2015-09-25, 09:47   Link #174
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Website updated with all our new friends.

http://g-tekketsu.com/ms/index.html

I don't know, still don't like the Gusion being a Gundam. But, there ya have it. The term is getting s little fast and loose tonme, but w/e. I'm just glad to see the Hyakuren and Hyakuri have lineart finally.

And here's somemore info from mechatalk. Got a tech reason as to why the Gundams are stronger.

Quote:
-ASW-G-11 GUNDAM GUSION
-ASW-G-66 Gundam Kimaris: Main weapon is Lance. Has shoulder internal weapons and a folding solid sword stored on the rear waist
-Gundam Frame: has high output because it has 2 Ahab Reactors. However operating 2 of these in parallel is difficult so only 72 units were planned and rolled out 300 years ago.
-STH-05 Hyakuri
-STH-14S Hyakuren&Amida's: Teiwaz's all purpose mainstay MS. Often operates with the Hyakuri. Amida's has just a different color.
-UGY-R41 Man Rodi: Brewers' mainstay MS
-TK-53 CGS MOBILE WORKER(Space Type): propulsion equipment for space use instead of wheels. Has 30mm Machinegun

Confirmation on Ippei doing Kimaris, Gusion and Man Rodi.

Hyakuri&Hyakuren must be Shinohara's.
Guessing now the Barbatos and co aren't nuclear powered.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2015-09-25 at 10:07.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-25, 12:42   Link #175
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Wouldn't that just make it a Gundam version of Megaman?
Old 2015-09-25, 13:14   Link #176
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Man if there is one thing I'm really loving about this series, is the weapon designs. They all have a rugged simplistic design.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 05:52   Link #177
darkdhaos

If there were 72 Gundam units made in the past, doesn't that mean that this series needs to be longer than 13 or 26 episodes so it can be able to show most of them?

Last edited by darkdhaos; 2015-09-26 at 05:57. Reason: Correcting
darkdhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 07:46   Link #178
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdhaos View Post
If there were 72 Gundam units made in the past, doesn't that mean that this series needs to be longer than 13 or 26 episodes so it can be able to show most of them?
I doubt we'd see more than 10, that's counting mid season upgrades if there is going to be one.
Old 2015-09-26, 08:36   Link #179
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdhaos View Post
The better question is: are you sure the mecha designers of IBO series already came up with most of those 72 different Gundam designs and made them official? If not, you don’t even have to worry whether or not the show will have sufficient episodes to feature most of those 72 Gundams coz most of them will likely not appear in the show in any significant capacity.

So let's first wait for the linearts released by Sunrise/Bandai for that.
Old 2015-09-26, 10:06   Link #180
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think the rest of the 72- Gundams will either appear in a flashback or was destroyed in the past unless many units managed to survived, seriously, if the Barbatos is fighting against or team up with some of the 72 Gundams, original numbers intact or not, it would just make it G Gundam set on mars exceept more interesting as you can pick parts from a defeated Gundam for you to use, its GUNDAM FIGHT READY GO!! but now with item drops

also, ever wondered if the Gundam Gusion is actually a normal looking Gundam that happens to wear a bulky armor?, underneath that chubby dome head is the traditional face, V-fin & all, ignoring Virtue/Nadleeh & masked Fereshte Gundams, its not the first time we seen a Gundam wearing a disguise-like configuration as shown in post F91 era ZZ Gundam & Astray Red Frame's that is a homage to the U.C. Gelgoog.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote