AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2015-10-15, 15:19   Link #7481
sayde

Whatever his bankai is, its being set up to be something that's tantamount to committing suicide. So it better be worth it if Shunsui feels that he's going to die from releasing it. This is also probably the best explanation as to why we haven't seen it till now. It's not something you can spam like Ichigo's or Hitsu's or Byakuya's. Heck--it doesn't even sound like something you can train to improve. But I'm ready to retract all of that next week once we find out exactly what his bankai actually is.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 16:00   Link #7482
Calca
Expressionless

It was said way back when they fought the espada for him not to release his bankai where people could see it. So I don't think this is one that Kubo had recently made up so it should be one of the better ones. As for the suicide thing, it may be someone has to die or some sort of mutual assured destruction thus its not something you'd want to be caught in.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 17:23   Link #7483
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
So Kyouraku implies that it was an important condition that everyone else should have made it far away by now, along with him retreating to where they started, and on top of that he apologizes if Nanao happened to stay in the area.

We're starting to see a bit of why Ukitake said not to use it in the fight against Starrk with all their allies around. Whatever effect his Bankai has, it must draw everyone into it within a certain radius. Friend, foe, whether Kyouraku wants to or not. It forces everyones hands, and just like the games of his Shikai, probably forces Kyouraku too with some kind of risk to himself.
Maybe the shadow hands will force everyone in a certain rang into playing Cing chang chung XD the loser dies, and the enemy right now doesnt have any hands so he loses immediaty XD
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 19:29   Link #7484
Wandering Soul

So glad we're finally going to get to see his bankai. Though this was one of his last chances to show it off.
Old 2015-10-15, 22:41   Link #7485
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

A bankai that may have to do with Japanese theater...

According to someone on reddit, based on the spread, the bankai's motif is this play: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lo...es_at_Sonezaki

But, damn. The artwork on that last page is spectacular.
Old 2015-10-15, 22:49   Link #7486
Skaddix

Ah Finally The Mighty Thor.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 00:32   Link #7487
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Whatever his bankai is, its being set up to be something that's tantamount to committing suicide.
it looks to me that a shadow Shunsui or perhaps his Zanpakutou is being formed on Shunsui's left side or perhaps back and it's hugging him. I don't really know what that means yet, but perhaps the shadow creature's death is like suicide?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 04:09   Link #7488
DerGilga
Banned

I wonder if Katen Kyoukotsu's Bankai will shed some light on the nature of dual zanpakutos or Shunsui himself. If I remember correctly, in the whole history of soul society only Ukitake and Shunsui had dual Zanpakutos. And now several hundreds chapters later it is revealed that Zangetsu's true form is also a dual zanpakuto. Despite all the critisms towards Kubo, his foreshadowing is good.

Btw, in the last panel, is that Katen Kyoukotsu hugging her Shunsui?
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 11:04   Link #7489
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

I wonder who's bankai we will see next once this fight is over?
Old 2015-10-16, 11:42   Link #7490
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
I wonder if Katen Kyoukotsu's Bankai will shed some light on the nature of dual zanpakutos or Shunsui himself. If I remember correctly, in the whole history of soul society only Ukitake and Shunsui had dual Zanpakutos. And now several hundreds chapters later it is revealed that Zangetsu's true form is also a dual zanpakuto. Despite all the critisms towards Kubo, his foreshadowing is good.

everyone will praise lord kubo once bleach ending
this kind of arc is shit when you have to wait every damn week, but very good when you rushed it marathon.
Old 2015-10-16, 13:12   Link #7491
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
My guess would be Kisuke and probably Yoruichi too. Grimmjow has to have something new to showoff as well
Old 2015-10-16, 15:05   Link #7492
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
What you're not happy with one bankai? You want more? Some people are just so greedy.

But really though, lets just see what he pulls with this one before getting anxious for more. I don't know about you, but I didn't forget what he pulled with Unohana. If he actually has a bankai elaborated on with Shunsui, I'll be quite happy.
Old 2015-10-16, 15:26   Link #7493
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I don't really know what that means yet, but perhaps the shadow creature's death is like suicide?
Gonna have to agree in that it looks like it has something to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
Yeah. That's what it looks like. I'll admit though, seeing her embrace him like that while he appears to be close to his dying breath gave me the feels. Great artwork on Kubo's part. I really loved the final panel.

Quote:
Grimmjow has to have something new to showoff as well
Realistically, I'd assume he achieved his own Segunda Etapa. But if Kubo really wanted to wow me, he'd need to be the first of his kind (hollows that underwent shinigamification) to have achieved a shikai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravis4 View Post
I don't know about you, but I didn't forget what he pulled with Unohana. If he actually has a bankai elaborated on with Shunsui, I'll be quite happy.
Don't even remind me. I still haven't forgiven Kubo for that. And I likely never will. Shunsui's bankai better not leave nearly as much up to the imagination.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 21:16   Link #7494
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravis4 View Post
If he actually has a bankai elaborated on with Shunsui, I'll be quite happy.
I read a cool theory that since Shunsui's bankai is apparently based on a play, that it will have 3 acts. That would put him ahead of Byakuya and behind Yamamoto in terms of bankai form development which makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Realistically, I'd assume he achieved his own Segunda Etapa. But if Kubo really wanted to wow me, he'd need to be the first of his kind (hollows that underwent shinigamification) to have achieved a shikai.
It might be a long shot, but since this is the end of the series, I'm thinking Grimmjow will have Bankai. Not gonna bet money on it, but I'll throw it out there
Old 2015-10-17, 19:58   Link #7495
Skaddix

Quote:
My guess would be Kisuke and probably Yoruichi too. Grimmjow has to have something new to showoff as well
We better find out why Yoruichi never uses Zanpaktou Period, I assume its absurdly hax.

Grimm probably Segunda.
Old 2015-10-17, 21:48   Link #7496
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
We better find out why Yoruichi never uses Zanpaktou Period, I assume its absurdly hax.

Grimm probably Segunda.
I always assumed it was just because she preferred hand to hand combat.
Old 2015-10-18, 02:07   Link #7497
Skaddix

So does soifon.
Old 2015-10-18, 12:22   Link #7498
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
it's interesting how nobody has a clue what it could be yet. not even remote guesses

Quote:
Grimm probably Segunda.
yea, but how sweet would be if he said 'Bankai!'
Old 2015-10-22, 03:02   Link #7499
Knjaz

Nasty bankai.

Spoiler for .:
"
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 04:00   Link #7500
itachi-san314

I'm not impressed with it yet although I'm curious if it's effecting everyone else too. So far his Shikai seems cooler, but hopefully next week will be better.

Tags
bleach, chapter