AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Heavy Object

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-11-02, 03:57   Link #1061
Tenzen12

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather View Post
The Objects are perfectly capable of evasion, Milinda's Baby Magnum top speed in 500km/h

Tri Core is 320 km/h
Top speed doesn't say anything about ability evade. As you could see yourself for maneuverering it had to slow down enough for Qenthur be able catch with it/ jump down without getting ripped apart.

If ANY object actually tried make turn in that speed, it would destroy itself better than han any nuke could do.

You don't even need that much of physics knowledge, common sense wouldbe enough.
Old 2015-11-02, 06:01   Link #1062
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Generally I agree, although I think as long as they don't make sudden sharp turns it should be fine at high speed.

Then again, that has never stopped any mecha series lol.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2015-11-02 at 06:13.
Old 2015-11-02, 06:51   Link #1063
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Top speed doesn't say anything about ability evade. As you could see yourself for maneuverering it had to slow down enough for Qenthur be able catch with it/ jump down without getting ripped apart.

If ANY object actually tried make turn in that speed, it would destroy itself better than han any nuke could do.

You don't even need that much of physics knowledge, common sense wouldbe enough.
They actually can, this thread just doesn't let me prove it.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Old 2015-11-02, 10:42   Link #1064
Heir of the Void

Quote:
I'm not gonna spoil but no, Objects actually are not that rare. Expensive (5 billion dollars) yeah, but not rare.
HERESY! That's novel information.

But also an absurd number, unless there was massive deflation between now and then, and it gets worse once the replacement rate for the onion armor is considered.
Old 2015-11-02, 10:56   Link #1065
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
HERESY! That's novel information.

But also an absurd number, unless there was massive deflation between now and then, and it gets worse once the replacement rate for the onion armor is considered.
This should have been stated already in the anime, they just didn't.

And who knows? maybe there was, given that only 4-6 actual political powers exists in the HOverse.

Old 2015-11-02, 11:05   Link #1066
Heir of the Void

Quote:
They actually can, this thread just doesn't let me prove it.
First of all, from what we've see on-screen, Objects in combat are not moving at the speeds given on the infocards. Baby Magnum's top speed of 530 kph translates to about 150 m/s, meaning it would cover three times its body length every second. But when we've seen it fighting the Tri-Core, it was doing maybe half its own leagth every second. That translates to 25 m/s, or 90 m/s. Considering that the Abrams can do 100 kph on an optimal surface (hardened road), on what, that's almost believable.

But making that sort of turn at claimed speeds would require upwards of 25g of centripetal acceleration. Even if you mod the pilot to withstand that, the 2 million tons of armor now exert half a billion newtons of force toward the center of the turn.

As a structural design parameter, that's... a challenge. Like the following:

Old 2015-11-02, 12:36   Link #1067
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Honestly in terms of visual depiction of the speed of Objects in combat I personally think it's adequate enough. At leas it's not as slow as I'm worried it could be. Making them go any faster might just make it look jarring.

Then again, we have years of giant mechas dog fighting while turning on a dime... And not all of them in space! It's the sort of thing most people have already closed one eye to.
Old 2015-11-02, 12:39   Link #1068
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
First of all, from what we've see on-screen, Objects in combat are not moving at the speeds given on the infocards. Baby Magnum's top speed of 530 kph translates to about 150 m/s, meaning it would cover three times its body length every second. But when we've seen it fighting the Tri-Core, it was doing maybe half its own leagth every second. That translates to 25 m/s, or 90 m/s. Considering that the Abrams can do 100 kph on an optimal surface (hardened road), on what, that's almost believable.

But making that sort of turn at claimed speeds would require upwards of 25g of centripetal acceleration. Even if you mod the pilot to withstand that, the 2 million tons of armor now exert half a billion newtons of force toward the center of the turn.

As a structural design parameter, that's... a challenge. Like the following:

See the PM.

also you see things like TGGL that move several billion times lightspeed, the anime doesn't protray them like that, but they do.

This is the same.

Old 2015-11-02, 12:59   Link #1069
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

So…is it just me or has the CG been kinda terrible? With the exception of the titular Objects, which actually look really good, the remainder of the CG has been pretty bad. The water, the fires, the explosions…
Old 2015-11-02, 14:24   Link #1070
Jaden

Yeah, I find it humorous how every explosion looks the exact same, like they copy-pasted the animation and just fit it to scale.

This show is just really weird for me. It's towing the line between being a comedy and a drama, and that has a certain charm to it. The sci-fi depiction of future warfare in here is hard to take seriously, but is that intentional absurdism or just a lack of imagination?
Old 2015-11-02, 14:27   Link #1071
Heir of the Void

Quote:
See the PM.

also you see things like TGGL that move several billion times lightspeed, the anime doesn't protray them like that, but they do.

This is the same.
TGGL never pretends to science fiction. And if you consider the scale, they are moving at insane speeds.
Old 2015-11-02, 14:38   Link #1072
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Yeah, I find it humorous how every explosion looks the exact same, like they copy-pasted the animation and just fit it to scale.

This show is just really weird for me. It's towing the line between being a comedy and a drama, and that has a certain charm to it.
The sci-fi depiction of future warfare in here is hard to take seriously, but is that intentional absurdism or just a lack of imagination?

Is just Kamachi being Kamachi.

You never take it seriously and think too much.

Old 2015-11-02, 15:15   Link #1073
jcdietz03

There is a lot that doesn't make sense.
One thing that does make sense is the idea that Baby Magnum has a "zone of operations." The three operational zones thus far are rather near each other, all things considered.

They are leaving North America somewhat undefended, with Baby Magnum moving to Oceania. Their nation must have more than one object, right? Where is their nation, anyway? Isn't Oceania pretty far away from their nation's territory?
Old 2015-11-02, 15:30   Link #1074
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
One thing that does make sense is the idea that Baby Magnum has a "zone of operations." The three operational zones thus far are rather near each other, all things considered.

They are leaving North America somewhat undefended, with Baby Magnum moving to Oceania. Their nation must have more than one object, right? Where is their nation, anyway? Isn't Oceania pretty far away from their nation's territory?
Based on the names and 'monarchy' shtick, plus control of Gibraltar, I'd guess their homeland is Europe, but we have no idea. They did say that the world map was like shattered glass, with alliances of states with little influence from geography.
Old 2015-11-02, 15:34   Link #1075
Weather
Wonder Wind

Yup, the Legitimacy Kingdom main country is in Europe.

North America belongs to another world power, and the LK doesn't care about it.

Old 2015-11-02, 15:45   Link #1076
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
The sci-fi depiction of future warfare in here is hard to take seriously, but is that intentional absurdism or just a lack of imagination?
The former, for sure.

Imagination has never been the issue. Otherwise this would have been another series with a pilot mc operating an overpowered machine relative to the norm.

Quote:

They no longer have a single nation per say, they have a coalition of nations- hence why they're operating on a global scale.
Old 2015-11-02, 16:11   Link #1077
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
What? First arc was in Alaska. Second in the Mediterranean. And now they're going to Oceania.

Quote:
They are leaving North America somewhat undefended, with Baby Magnum moving to Oceania. Their nation must have more than one object, right?
Yes. Remember, Baby Magnum's considered somewhat obsolete anyway.

Quote:
Where is their nation, anyway? Isn't Oceania pretty far away from their nation's territory?
Every world power is everywhere, more or less. For some reason, the countries fractured and reassembled willy nilly with little regard to previous affiliation. That gives an excuse for our guys to fight anyone anywhere the author pleases.
Old 2015-11-02, 18:02   Link #1078
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Well after 4 episodes I decided to drop this show too. I thought the battles were going to be more interesting, but instead we got two guys whining and screaming and saying things like "we gotta save the princess." It just ruins the intense part of battles and all the chivarly gets thrown out the window when you add comedic parts that come at the worst timing. I only watched it because it came from the same guy that wrote Index, but this just worse than Index in every way.
Old 2015-11-03, 02:10   Link #1079
EroKing

Old 2015-11-03, 02:17   Link #1080
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
^
Very nice. Milinda dressed up for a day on the town .

Tags
action, comedy, light novel adaptation, mecha, sci-fi