AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-10-13, 16:30   Link #121
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I heard it was their own "black" digivolution path, like the OG 'blue' MetalGraymon.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 15:56   Link #122
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Second livestream of the game - http://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcoeurope/v/26600129

(EDIT: You can rename your Digimons)

(EDIT 2: Cross save between PS4 and Vita confirm)

(EDIT 3: Wow, gay npcs confirmed in Digimon lol)

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2015-11-19 at 17:44.
Old 2015-11-20, 18:58   Link #123
ShiroiRyu

The Gay NPC was so much lol ...
And Stalker Lillymon
Seriously, it's was so much unexpected ... Anyways, i want a french retail release.
Old 2015-11-21, 04:30   Link #124
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

An Interview with Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth's Producer Kazumasa Habu

(You'll have to scroll down a bit)

Quote:
How did development of Cyber Sleuth begin?

I've been the producer for Digmon games over seven years, and during that time I've found out that our core fans have grown up for a while. The first Digimon anime was eighteen years ago, so those who watched it are grown up now. And I thought that we should think about something new in Digimon games. At the same time, we wanted something original that the core fans and newcomers would accept.

We have tons of Digimon games and different series, such as the Digimon World series and the Digimon Story series. This time we picked the Digimon Story series system because we are slightly changing the target customers. The Digimon Story series has a lot of features that are easy to get into. So I think it's a great entrance for the newcomers.

Quote:
When Digimon began, we had nothing like today's social media. How have changes in social media influenced Digimon?

When Digimon was created in the 1990s, the Internet was starting to spread in the world, and kids got very interested in it. And that was one of the reasons why Digimon got so successful. Right now people are talking about virtual reality and virtual worlds, so we think that this new step in technology suits our vision of the game.

Quote:
How many all-new monsters did you make for the game, and how many are returning Digimon?

Well, we have so many Digimon from past games. If we talked about a number, we'd have about a thousand of them. In Cyber Sleuth, we thought that we'd bring out the nostalgia in our core fans by putting mostly recognizable Digimon in the game, while we created one special new Digimon called the Mastemon. It actually evolved from two previous Digimons, the LadyDevimon and the Angewomon. In past games these two Digimon didn't have natural paths to be evolved, so we let them get evolved in this new game.

Quote:
How difficult did you make the game, since you want to make it accessible to older fans and new ones?

The concept was to create something easy to enjoy, so you don't have to put in a lot of time to see the story. So we set the difficulty at a level just right for everyone to get through the story. After that, if you want to encounter more rare Digimon, you have to put more time into it. In the Japanese version, we didn't have many difficulty levels, but in the localized English version, we have a Hard Mode that you can select from the start, and also a New Game Plus mode after you beat the game once. We think that'll be fun for the core players.

And both the hard mode and the new game plus mode are new to the English version?

Yes.
Quote:
A lot of the Digimon games in the last seven years didn't come to North America. How do you think Cyber Sleuth will be received here? The original Digimon had a cartoon airing in America, but I don't think Cyber Sleuth has its own TV show…

Yes, seven years is a long time. We had a hard time in America and other places outside Japan. But this time, the localized version of Cyber Sleuth was approved because of a passionate campaign run by fans that had a petition signed by 65,000 people. We didn't know that, and when we found out we were so cheered that we decided to bring a localized Cyber Sleuth to North America. So the passion of our fans gave us a lot of strength in creating new Digimon. So we think that thanks to the fans, we can do more.

Quote:
Do you have a favorite Digimon? Or a favorite human character?

My favorite would be the LadyDevimon and Angewomon. Those two were designed by Kenji Watanabe, and he's very good at making characters that suit the American fans. As for the human side, there's a character called Kyoko Kuremi. She gets very interesting…but I can't say how interesting. Please play the game and see!
Old 2015-11-21, 09:16   Link #125
GDB

Quote:
We had a hard time in America and other places outside Japan.
Maybe because the last handful of games they brought over were either god awful or insanely repetitive when compared to prior entries?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-26, 02:55   Link #126
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Trophy List for Cyber Sleuth, for those of you interested- http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4064...y-Cyber-Sleuth

Be careful of the chapter trophy description, they have some sort of flavor texts related to the story, nothing to overly spoilery though.
Old 2015-12-21, 12:36   Link #127
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

New gameplay footage

Old 2016-01-06, 02:51   Link #128
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well we're almost there. This really does look to be one of the better Digimon games we've gotten over here in a long while.

Kind of looking forward just to the idea of assembling some of my favorite digimon in a team. It's also nice the things added for the western release like the harder difficulty option out of the gate and NG+. May not replay games as often with how life can be, but like having the option if I really get into the game.

And in the end if that petition was part of the reason they decided to start sending games back over here....time to put my money where my mouth is.

Don't have anything new to add, but did want to express my anticipation for this one.
Old 2016-01-07, 01:49   Link #129
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Still no Sign of Sakuyamon. :l
Old 2016-01-07, 01:59   Link #130
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Still no Sign of Sakuyamon. :l

Old 2016-01-07, 03:15   Link #131
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It is going to be so much fun just assembling an entire team of my favorite Digimon. Good times ahead .
Old 2016-01-07, 08:02   Link #132
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Well hot damn, Pre-Ordering right now. XD

Oh god it has Poopmon too...the Memories ><

Hmmm wonder if Mervamon will be DLC. XD

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2016-01-07 at 08:27.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 08:39   Link #133
Akashin

For whatever reason, Digimon native to Xros Wars don't really make it into the games (Super Xros Wars notwithstanding for obvious reasons, and even then it doesn't have anything from Death Generals or even Omega Shoutmon). Same with the Frontier Digimon that aren't the Ancient Digimon or Susanoomon, I'm pretty sure.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 09:12   Link #134
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Well Mervamon would prob spike the rating to M since she has short shorts and lots of cleavage haha Murica hates dat sexyness. the feminazi's would have a field day.
Old 2016-01-08, 03:27   Link #135
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
For whatever reason, Digimon native to Xros Wars don't really make it into the games (Super Xros Wars notwithstanding for obvious reasons, and even then it doesn't have anything from Death Generals or even Omega Shoutmon). Same with the Frontier Digimon that aren't the Ancient Digimon or Susanoomon, I'm pretty sure.
Yeah, kind of a shame for the Xros Wars cast.

Though I'm still definitely more of a fan of the digimon of the first few seasons and they are fairly well represented.
Old 2016-01-29, 17:02   Link #136
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Everyone! Reach out your hands and give the Digimons your power!

Only 4 days left!
Old 2016-01-29, 18:38   Link #137
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Almost there .

Can't wait to get my hands on this game. Some good times with Digimon.

It is nice that the efforts for those who started and supported the campaigns to get this game over being recognized. Goes to show that determination can be noticed. Now here's hoping enough people buy the game to make it worthwhile for them to keep bringing games over.
Old 2016-02-01, 03:39   Link #138
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Get it on Vita and you'll also get these sick custom themes!

Old 2016-02-01, 13:15   Link #139
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Get it on Vita and you'll also get these sick custom themes!

That is a good way to help boost the Vita sales for this game. They are only themes, but hey still nice additions .

If nothing else they have certainly gone all out to try and create reasons to buy the game and buy it early. Normally one might be bothered by the push to get the game early or else miss all this nice stuff, but I get that they want to get as many sales as early as they can to test the waters. After all they'd probably make a choice on the future of localizing these games in the short term, not getting to it in a year and seeing how the sales went.

Regardless, my PS4 copy is already shipping so no changing my mind now .
Old 2016-02-02, 14:01   Link #140
Nerroth
NePoi!

Cyber Sleuth is out in North America today:

Tags
ps vita