Spoiler for 152:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-03, 23:00   Link #5662
Chitanda Eru

Spoiler for Chapter 152: I:
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-03, 23:25   Link #5663
tsunade666

eh, the battle is already over? what? It felt anti-climatic.
Old 2015-12-03, 23:34   Link #5664
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
Spoiler for chap152:
Spoiler for Reaction:
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-04, 00:02   Link #5665
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Huh.

So, that just happened.

The hell, Ritz...?

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-04, 06:27   Link #5666
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Huh.

So, that just happened.

The hell, Ritz...?

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for new chap:
Old 2015-12-04, 13:59   Link #5667
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Spoiler:
tjalorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 14:12   Link #5668
tsunade666

chapter 152 is out and translated.

Foreshadowing that ability nullification is useless against Saki so Shizu would just be an annoyance in finals but Nelly is scary. First 24000 then 6000/12000 and 6000/12000 in consecutive wins.
Old 2015-12-06, 16:12   Link #5669
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Foreshadowing that ability nullification is useless against Saki so Shizu would just be an annoyance in finals but Nelly is scary. First 24000 then 6000/12000 and 6000/12000 in consecutive wins.
Nelly is pretty impressive when she actually gets going. Saki will have to release the beast in the finals to win. Image that battle
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 16:37   Link #5670
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Saki is greater than god's work and the wisest man, confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Nullification through normal means, perhaps, but Shizu is weirder than that. Much as people hate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Nelly is pretty impressive when she actually gets going. Saki will have to release the beast in the finals to win. Image that battle
The knowing when good or bad tiles come up reminded me of Toki, and the waiting part reminded me of Shino. Now, that's a fearsome combo.
Old 2015-12-06, 17:32   Link #5671
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ch 152

It seems Nelly's awareness of the flow of the game extends to a much more devrloped level than anything we have seen thus far. There is good reason she has been numbered amongst the national class monsters up to now.More than that, she is capable of even "planning" ahead of time and "channeling the flow" when needed.

In many ways she reminds me of Koromo in terms of her overwhelming ability...and, like Koromo, an ability that is water related. A difference between Koromo and Nelly at the moment, though, is that Koromo was shown to be ruthless and nasty because she hurting badly inside. Thus far we have not seen that in Nelly. What we have seen of her seems to suggest a...business-like ruthlessness, almost.

Anyway, good chapter. It was nice to see Saki blooming like she did again, and in a way that was unexpected and thus able to be "untouched". As expected, following the Achiga manga pattern, they squeaked into the final round.
Old 2015-12-06, 17:46   Link #5672
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
In many ways she reminds me of Koromo in terms of her overwhelming ability...and, like Koromo, an ability that is water related. A difference between Koromo and Nelly at the moment, though, is that Koromo was shown to be ruthless and nasty because she hurting badly inside. Thus far we have not seen that in Nelly. What we have seen of her seems to suggest a...business-like ruthlessness, almost.
I'll laugh so hard if it turns out Nelly is just trying to raise money for her family back home. That would confirm once and for all Saki is meant to be a villain.

Ok, maybe not, but it would be hilarious to me, in a "Why, Ritz?" kind of way Really, why would anyone do that with a no-anti hero main character?

Quote:
Anyway, good chapter. It was nice to see Saki blooming like she did again, and in a way that was unexpected and thus able to be "untouched". As expected, following the Achiga manga pattern, they squeaked into the final round.
Definetly looking forward to see Hisa and Saki go full throttle. No more leniency, it's first or bust
Old 2015-12-06, 18:11   Link #5673
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

One possibility that comes to mind is that what Nelly is doing is a good thing and began as a good thing, but that she has lost focus since beginning the process and become unbalancedly concerned about the gathering itself.

Anyway, even if Kiyosumi does not win the championship the fact that they made it to the stage itself is quite something. And that is with no coach like the other teams all have.
Old 2015-12-06, 18:33   Link #5674
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
One possibility that comes to mind is that what Nelly is doing is a good thing and began as a good thing, but that she has lost focus since beginning the process and become unbalancedly concerned about the gathering itself.

Anyway, even if Kiyosumi does not win the championship the fact that they made it to the stage itself is quite something. And that is with no coach like the other teams all have.
Hisa is good at multitasking, after all.

We'll see how good exactly depending on Yuuki's mental state (and score) after going against Teru.
Old 2015-12-07, 01:27   Link #5675
Marina2

So, this is the first time where Kiyosumi (and Saki) expereinces the lost in the national. This will create more tension in the final round.

Kiyosumi only managed to get to the final round because of luck....Kyouko just had to pay more point because she was dealer and ended up 100 points behind Kiyosumi. Saki clearly couldn't do anything againist Nelly's 3 wins. (I won't buy if someone say Saki won those hands to gain points because she saw Nelly's wins coming)
Old 2015-12-07, 02:13   Link #5676
judasmartel
*Author

Hmm, just curious, who would you guys want to represent Japan in a World Mahjong Championship or something like that?

Someone made up a fan-made Japanese men's volleyball national team for Haikyuu, but I really wonder why something like that couldn't be done with the other popular Japanese sports anime out there like this one (Saki) and KnB

Assuming a youth Mahjong team (lol) at the world level consists of 5 players, how about we start with Saki and Teru? Sorry, my knowledge of this manga is pretty limited.

Also, I'm curious about that French-Korean character I just discovered while consuming spoilers to my heart's content (yes, I'm that masochistic, and I don't plan to read this anyway). As much as I like her to represent South Korea in an international tournament fanfic, I guess making her represent France in a world champs fanfic would be just as good as Japan would probably make it to the world champs anyway.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 02:29   Link #5677
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Hmm.

Kinda tough for me to make a call on that if for no other reason than my wanting to get a closer look at the members of the four times in the championship match.

Teru is a must on the team though. Saki ... is harder for me to say, which may come as a surprise since she is my favorite character in the series.

But hey ... folks like Jindai, Koromo and Nelly are good selections as any, so for now I will go with:

Vanguard: Teru
Sergeant: Nelly
Lieutenant: Jindai
Vice-Captain: Koromo
Captain: Saki

Actually ... now that I look at it that lineup is ... scary.
Old 2015-12-07, 02:48   Link #5678
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Hmm.

Kinda tough for me to make a call on that if for no other reason than my wanting to get a closer look at the members of the four times in the championship match.

Teru is a must on the team though. Saki ... is harder for me to say, which may come as a surprise since she is my favorite character in the series.

But hey ... folks like Jindai, Koromo and Nelly are good selections as any, so for now I will go with:

Vanguard: Teru
Sergeant: Nelly
Lieutenant: Jindai
Vice-Captain: Koromo
Captain: Saki

Actually ... now that I look at it that lineup is ... scary.
Wait, is Nelly even Japanese? Don't have any idea on how nationality works in international Mahjong, unless Nelly somehow gets naturalized as a Japanese citizen.

That's why I brought up French-Korean Choi Myeonghwa before. Though I think giving her French blood is a really flimsy excuse to avoid backlash from making a Korean character in a Japanese manga, considering WW2 is already over 60+ years now and quite a number of Koreans appreciate Japanese manga and anime, so much they are now making their own version of those, in the form of manhwa and Korean anime.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2015-12-07 at 04:11.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 02:56   Link #5679
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Oops ... totally correct. Sorry about that - I somehow blanked that part out. My bad. Nelly is Georgian, of course.
Old 2015-12-07, 03:23   Link #5680
Chitanda Eru

For the final:
In the vangard, I'm curious about Teru's secret. I know Yuuki's changing her style by using speed to prepare for Teru. However, I want Saki will share some experience for Yuuki too
And for segeant, Sumire will hide her sign, So Matsumi of Achiga cannot realise who Sumire's target. But We can expect Mako can stop Sumire by her memorization. Moreover, Mako said that she could be stronger.
In the lieutenent, There's a big chance that Takakami of Shiraitodai will be last dealer according to the hint. If She'll be success with her consecutive Yakuman, the score is very very high and How Hisa will deal with this problem.
For the vice captain, we know Devin has 4 more times of using dark-ability (or whatever) and Nodoka may become stronger by using her left hand. And if Shibuya can success with consecutive yakuman, it's time for Matano loses her point to Nodoka, Devin and Achiga . Matano seems to be the weakest player in the final.
And in the captain match, I wonder how Shizuno's ability will effect the others? Can she prevent the "wave of luck" from Nelly. Moreover, Saki's kan can be sealed or Saki can call kan but no rinshan kaihou. It could be a totally normal Mahjong match due to Shizu's power. However, Saki showed us a different angle of hers, normal Mahjong and it could be helpful. But, I'm still waiting for Suukantsu, the yakuman of 4 kan from Saki, that's will be a nice end to take the first place of the national tournament. And I hope Saki will show us the cold beast inside her again. We only saw Saki's normal mode in the semi

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri