4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-30, 00:19   Link #321
Mirtual

Question

Guess I am a little late again. Nether the less I have seen the episode now and have to say it was wesome again.
No need going into the details too far, that has been done thorouhout the thread already.
Gil is really starting to make me wonder what is going on. I mean if he really has no master, how come the using of all that stuff (gate of babylone was his NP right?) does not dry him out?
And if Archer is really Shirou, then how on earth does his NP work? His NP is UBW, right? Is UBW some kind of trace magic? This would be insane...
And how come Shirou gets stabed, cut and/or killed about every ten minutes but always finds a way to survive. He is like immortal.
And why did he tell Saber to run away? First I do not see him standing a chance against Gilgamesh, and second, if he was to die wouldn't this be the end for Saber as well?
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 01:33   Link #322
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Being able to control a Reality Marble is the goal of every sorcerer, which very few of them can achieve.

For Gil's Master, it is hinted when he crushes Saber with Ea. You see a flash of someone you know very well smirking.

Shirou always find a way to survive because:
1-He has Avalon
2-Take it figuratively: "His body is made out of swords".
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 01:40   Link #323
kamikazex

wow i didnt know that..who the hell knew shirou was so kick-ass
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 01:55   Link #324
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi
Isn't Rin already jealous??
Now you mention it...Where's Rin?
Now I mentioned it...who dares say "Where's my Rin?"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
Being able to control a Reality Marble is the goal of every sorcerer, which very few of them can achieve.
Need to correct it a bit...goal of every 'tracing' sorcerer.(well tracing is not very popular among them anyways...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Sorry for acting like a noob here but there's something I must know.

Shiro's creating soards and stuff I believe he's Archer or Archer's son or something like that. Well they must be related in some sort of way. It would explain Archer's behavior towards Shiro and his sacrifice.. Anyway. Who's the other Archer?? The one that won the last war?

Any link or quick explanation would be greatly apreciated cause I searched with no results. ^^
It's all right to be a noob we all like a couple noobs around asking questions---you're just interested.
The best way to understand Archer is the UBW scenerio. If you don't have the game or can't read Japanese you can read the translated novel--pre order now(free)
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 03:11   Link #325
kamikazex

dont know anyone else besides shirou and archer who traces..
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 07:25   Link #326
Hideki Keiji

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
His love for her blind him the fact that he is in no position to fight Gilgamesh and telling her to run. ***SPOILERS DELETED***

UBW is Reality Marble, where caster warped reality around him/her into imagery of his/her soul. Arcuied and Satsuki capable of Reality Marble which considered as strongest spell in Kinoko Nasu (creator of Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night) universe. So Shirou/Archer capable of the strongest spell too.
Uh, first, delete those spoilers in your first paragraph.

Second... Arcuied doesn't use a Reality Marble... she uses Marble Phantasm...

Quote:
Need to correct it a bit...goal of every 'tracing' sorcerer.(well tracing is not very popular among them anyways...)
Wrong. Only Shirou's Reality Marble is specifically for tracing. Reality Marbles in general can do pretty much anything.

...I think.
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 07:53   Link #327
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
noob question...whos Arcuied and Satsuki?? stormy is talking about them but i dnt have a clue who they are O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 08:00   Link #328
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Arucied is the Princess of Progenitors or True Ancestor in Shingeshutan Tsukihime (2003). Satsuki is a vampire school girl in same series too. However in anime, Satsuki never got bitten by a Dead Apostle, one rank higher than vampire. The anime is lacklustre compared to the gamestory but good news is, the manga live up to the awesome story of the game so far.

Its not really a spoiler, since it is clear when she said he was her sheath and the only way he can have it is linked to his first encounter with his step father. Since Saber revealed that Kiritisugu was her previous Master, so connection is easy to make.

Thank you for correcting my mistake. Arcuied using Marble Phantasm, not Reality Marble. Satsuki was capable Reality Marble.
Old 2006-05-30, 08:17   Link #329
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Its not really a spoiler, since it is clear when she said he was her sheath and the only way he can have it is linked to his first encounter with his step father. Since Saber revealed that Kiritisugu was her previous Master, so connection is easy to make.
Still, it hasen't been mention in the anime yet, people can only guess - so i'm gonna say its a spoiler here.
Old 2006-05-30, 08:21   Link #330
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Arucied is the Princess of Progenitors or True Ancestor in Shingeshutan Tsukihime (2003). Satsuki is a vampire school girl in same series too. However in anime, Satsuki never got bitten by a Dead Apostle, one rank higher than vampire. The anime is lacklustre compared to the gamestory but good news is, the manga live up to the awesome story of the game so far.
if they are chara from another series (anime) then wht do they have to do with fate/stay night?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-05-30, 08:22   Link #331
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
if they are chara from another series (anime) then wht do they have to do with fate/stay night?
Both Tsukihime & Fate/stay Night are made by Type-Moon, they have a lot to do with each other.
Old 2006-05-30, 09:33   Link #332
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
noob question...whos Arcuied and Satsuki?? stormy is talking about them but i dnt have a clue who they are O.o
That's one reason we have to stop dragging Tsukihime and F/SN discussion together...I got confused often when I first come 'cause I havn't watched it yet.
Old 2006-05-30, 09:35   Link #333
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
That's one reason we have to stop dragging Tsukihime and F/SN discussion together...I got confused often when I first come 'cause I havn't watched it yet.
Well then thats your fault.

Like i said, they i have a lot to do with each other.
Old 2006-05-30, 09:38   Link #334
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

It's nobody's fault...not yet watching an anime is not a crime unless it's Suzumiya Haruhi you're missing!
Old 2006-05-30, 09:44   Link #335
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
It's nobody's fault...not yet watching an anime is not a crime unless it's Suzumiya Haruhi you're missing!
I'm not watching Suzumiya Haruhi and I don't care...

Anyway, since Tsukihime and Fate have so much to do with each other, comparisons are not irrelevant.
Old 2006-05-30, 09:45   Link #336
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

whow carm down you two its nobodies fault...the only ones at fault are type moon for making them so similar then...getting us all confused...maybe ill start watch Tsukihime series

Old 2006-05-30, 09:49   Link #337
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Who said anybody was to blame?

Go watch Tsukihime (or play the game, it's up to you, though it's gotten very hard to find the game).

You'll see it's a wonderful story as well. But just as tragic.
Old 2006-05-30, 10:03   Link #338
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual
And if Archer is really Shirou, then how on earth does his NP work? His NP is UBW, right? Is UBW some kind of trace magic? This would be insane...
UBW isn't a Noble Phantasm. It's a Reality Marble. A Reality Marble is a reflection of a person's inner soul manifested into reality. A Reality Marble imposes its own set of laws and can break the laws of the world, the laws of nature (in other words, they are capable of anything, but limited to one thing only). With great concentration in addition to mana, a Reality Marble can be expanded, but is extremely hard to keep up because the World keeps on trying to destroy the alternate reality. In Shirou's case, UBW contains all the raw materials necessary in order to Trace objects, and is a dry, barren world; exactly like what it looked like in the aftermath of the fire from 10 years ago. In addition, UBW allows Shirou to Trace objects and can access the memories of the objects, granting him automatic mastery over the object, and can also Trace at a greatly reduced cost. For example;

Mana required to Trace Caliburn normally = 500
Mana required to Trace Caliburn /w UBW = 5

When UBW is expanded everything Shirou has ever Traced is already inside, and thus does not require any mana to draw forth (though he still must pay the mana upkeep to keep UBW up).
Old 2006-05-30, 10:24   Link #339
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Its your fault for not watching Tsukihime.

Its a shame Archer isn't alive to have his battle with Lancer.
Old 2006-05-30, 10:34   Link #340
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Its a shame Archer isn't alive to have his battle with Lancer.
EXACTLY.

God I wish how they could have improved on Archer and Lancer's first encounter!