AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-30, 03:02   Link #221
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

She was younger in the ED theme. Of course she's more beautiful ...

EXPECTED DIALOGUE OF SCENE IN THE PREVIEW:
Tiz: Thor, I want your manhood. BANG me! PLEASE! I BEG YOU!
Thor: Uhhh ... I'm only fifteen ... I'm the Top ... I HAVE SOOOOOOOO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DEAL WITH
(thought: plus, you really don't look too hot for me after I saw this HOT chick that's with Zagi. Shit, I got to kill that bastard.)

Old 2006-05-30, 10:29   Link #222
CreaVortex

Hi there new here I'm a fan of Ju oh sei too.(my fave character is Thor, so far i'm the only one in class who knows it ) I've seen the 6th ep and still waiting for ep.7 and ep.8.
based from the official site i find the 7th ep interesting. I was a bit surprised when I found out that this series is only 11 eps. but I find the manga and the anime interesting and I was a bit surprised to see the Anime it was really good the OP and ED well, they are ok. it's not that bad.
The Acting is good. About Thor...he really grow up.
I just have a question is this anime gonna be released in other countries as well? (I'm hoping to buy the dvd)

Last edited by CreaVortex; 2006-05-30 at 10:40.
Old 2006-05-30, 10:40   Link #223
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Thor: Uhhh ... I'm only fifteen ... I'm the Top ... I HAVE SOOOOOOOO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DEAL WITH
(thought: plus, you really don't look too hot for me after I saw this HOT chick that's with Zagi. Shit, I got to kill that bastard.)
Don't you remember? Even on the colony the average marrying age for guys are like 14.3 or something. 15 is already over age. ;P Like I said before you simply can't use your normal standards for these people. They are NOT Earthlings. Their 15=/= 15 in North America.

Plus, Tiz does back off a little when she sees Thor interested in new girl, as surprising as it may sound.
Old 2006-05-30, 11:47   Link #224
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

No, what I meant was for Thor to joke around with his age ... just as an excuse to avoid having conflict with Tiz and being one step closer to banging Karin (sp?) [thanks, tritoch] ... I wasn't all serious and all.
Old 2006-05-30, 14:01   Link #225
chiimack

i just watched ep 7 (only been subbed to that point by kiss) and there are a couple of things i don't understand about this ep.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-30, 14:08   Link #226
Katapan
俺様祭り

Thanks for your hard work on episode 7, KissSub

Spoiler for Some ep7 rants:

On a sidenote, it feels kind of weird to have Romi Paku voicing Karim while we have some mediocre voice acting by Koichi Domoto (well, I'm not entirely blaming him, as he isn't a pro... I just feel that it doesn't fit the 15 y/o Thor very nicely). Well, the last performance doesn't bother me that much though, Jyu Oh Sei stays one of my favorite shows of the season. A shame it's going to be so short.
Old 2006-05-30, 14:30   Link #227
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Just to rebalance here: I like Tiz over Karin/Karimu. She saw Thor's potential right away, just like Third did. I think she understands parts of him he doesn't understand himself, even if she doesn't get some other parts. Anyway, she's Mizuki Nana.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-05-30, 16:56   Link #228
FizzyCola

all shall be revealed in the next episode ^^v *drumroll*

Thor is not as grown up as he looks for now, he is still childish. I mean yeah he had matured quite a bit and that is because he is living in a very cruel and harsh environment....up until the point where he finds out about everything~ Sadly, the truth hurts. (who doesn't know :P) *chuckles*

Arghh i hate to spoil the story so that's all I'm telling! >.<
Old 2006-05-30, 19:34   Link #229
Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan
Thanks for your hard work on episode 7, KissSub

On a sidenote, it feels kind of weird to have Romi Paku voicing Karim while we have some mediocre voice acting by Koichi Domoto (well, I'm not entirely blaming him, as he isn't a pro... I just feel that it doesn't fit the 15 y/o Thor very nicely). Well, the last performance doesn't bother me that much though, Jyu Oh Sei stays one of my favorite shows of the season. A shame it's going to be so short.
It's totally logical that they would get Koichi Domoto to voice though don't you think? Think about it, all of the fans of Koichi Domoto would watch the anime even if they would not have otherwise. And then people who would watch the anime anyway, would still watch it because one mediocre voice won't stop them from watching.

Heh I agree with FizzyCola, Thor is not totally grown up yet. =P For someone who looks as old as himself he surely cries a lot.
Old 2006-05-30, 22:26   Link #230
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Thor looks older than me, to be honest. And IMO that's not good, because many people think I look old. lol
Old 2006-05-30, 22:29   Link #231
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

When I first hear "15", I practically did a spit-take - Thor looks about 29.
Old 2006-05-30, 23:22   Link #232
SinsI

And what's so strange about it - don't forget that he was born on a colony with highly accelerated growth rate, he would probably die of old age before he is 20.
Old 2006-05-30, 23:28   Link #233
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Yeah, but it's just pretty hard to believe in. I do understand the mechanics of life in their world, more or less.
Old 2006-05-31, 00:46   Link #234
CreaVortex

He doesn't sound and look like 15...he sound more like a 20+ year old guy.
Old 2006-05-31, 01:08   Link #235
Ori

My question is how long is a year on that planet? Is it the same length as Earth year?

Also does anyone know when the opening and ending singles will be out? I really want to see a translation of the full version of the ED song (you can see the music video of that song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Fco...20Tsunaide%20), I hope someone kind would translate it for us non-Japanese reading people.
Old 2006-05-31, 01:11   Link #236
wao
OK.

I think they drew his face too long and made him too mature, sort of... the first 'main site' picture (see CreaVortex's avatar) makes him look a bit younger, still.

Karim does not want to have a child with Zagi because a. Zagi is not interested, b. Zagi abolished "Kou no Tsuki" in his circles, c. if she had a child with him, it would be a burden to Zagi.

Those who protested against Zagi's abolishing of Kou no Tsuki got killed - women included.
Old 2006-05-31, 01:50   Link #237
CreaVortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
It's totally logical that they would get Koichi Domoto to voice though don't you think? Think about it, all of the fans of Koichi Domoto would watch the anime even if they would not have otherwise. And then people who would watch the anime anyway, would still watch it because one mediocre voice won't stop them from watching.

Heh I agree with FizzyCola, Thor is not totally grown up yet. =P For someone who looks as old as himself he surely cries a lot.
I agree with you, basically especially the girls who are fans of him will watch that.

I think the OP will be released by June or July... I think the dvd will be released on 7/28...
Old 2006-05-31, 04:11   Link #238
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
I have a quick question about the science behind the aging process on Thor's colony. If it is a simulated Earth then why is their age affected so signifacantly, especially since they have the same technological advances, supposedly, against diseases and what not? There was an episode about something like this in Planetes where the girl born on the moon is growing rapidly and I remember accepting it very easily!...but now Im confused
Old 2006-05-31, 06:13   Link #239
demonik
I like cheese...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
I have a quick question about the science behind the aging process on Thor's colony. If it is a simulated Earth then why is their age affected so signifacantly, especially since they have the same technological advances, supposedly, against diseases and what not? There was an episode about something like this in Planetes where the girl born on the moon is growing rapidly and I remember accepting it very easily!...but now Im confused
its an hard idea to get around but there are 2 ways i can explain this;

1. Simple:
Its an anime, with fantasy in it, so they can create mysterious limits to some of the characters/races.

2. Hardline - easy physics:
Its all relative to physics. It is the idea that in another space or time, the affect of the individual gravitational forces that pull at the a molecular spectrum lead to a change in the bio-system for those humans in the new colony.
(i.e. If humans lived on Mars, they would probably be quite different to us as gravity is less there, and cosmic radiation is reduced.)

You could also say because of the difference in enviroment / air-compound / nutrition intake / chimera's bio-system, can all affect the life spans.
Old 2006-05-31, 08:49   Link #240
wao
OK.

Yeah, the girl in Planetes who was born and raised on the moon grew very tall very fast because of the reduced gravity (supposedly, anyway - obviously there are no real life examples for humans yet!) I do vaguely remember watching some documentaries where plants grown in spacecraft grow very strangely. Here is a link on how moss grows in zero-g.

Of course that is not entirely relevant to Juuousei seeing that our characters aren't floating around in zero-g, and the gravity doesn't look very different, but still - other conditions are still different. On Yuno I imagine the food was synthetically produced... The atmosphere was also artificially maintained on Yuno but not so on Chimaera (assumedly).

Perhaps something about the environment is just causing the increase in quantity of a certain messenger ion, that sends signals for the production of more of a certain chemical and this chemical causes them to ...die earlier on Yuno or something. And the scientists either haven't found out what this chemical is, or can't do anything to remove this chemical from the environment because it's an inevitable product of certain substances required for life on Yuno, or something like that. (and they assumedly can't emulate the exact conditons that allow for life on Earth) ...Sounds awfully vague but I don't think it's impossible.

Tags
noitamina