AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-02-03, 15:11   Link #441
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Ah, Kurumi and her oversized teddy bear are too gosh darn cute.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 18:26   Link #442
Amiluhur
Gondok

If her power comes with such a trivial achilles heel, why not prepare cough syrup beforehand?
Amiluhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 18:34   Link #443
ImperialFlameGod8190

Its actually quite terrifying that as this show goes on further the worse it gets. Koito is what you knew she was going to be. Honestly i think if you had Koito and Haruhiko only this entire episode you could've done something but Mai's actions IMO ruined the episode. Her character to me is a bigger problem then Koito.

5 episodes in and this gives me nothing. I cant tell what masochistic tendency has me still watching this. Honestly this is almost as bad as Charlotte as far as decent potential utterly wasted. Honestly i may give it two more episodes.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 18:43   Link #444
Hakuro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Its actually quite terrifying that as this show goes on further the worse it gets. Koito is what you knew she was going to be. 5 episodes in and this gives me nothing. I cant tell what masochistic tendency has me still watching this. Honestly this is almost as bad as Charlotte as far as decent potential utterly wasted. I'm waiting for the point when this gets good and honestly i may give it two more episodes.
You know what you need to do to find that wasted potential? - even when the amount of bad writting and nonsensical plot is incredible - read the LN or try to find the summaries. You're watching something completely original from the anime, while I think in the same way as you do, I'm sure kyoani is right now getting the backlash of what they did here.

Sadly thanks to some users hunting me I can't say too much but for now if you want some cliffhanger that brings something interesting to the story I can only tell you this: that's probably not going to happen - umm cant remember the magazine but there is already the title and staff of the next episodes leaked -.
Hakuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 19:01   Link #445
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
You know what you need to do to find that wasted potential? - even when the amount of bad writting and nonsensical plot is incredible - read the LN or try to find the summaries. You're watching something completely original from the anime, while I think in the same way as you do, I'm sure kyoani is right now getting the backlash of what they did here.

Sadly thanks to some users hunting me I can't say too much but for now if you want some cliffhanger that brings something interesting to the story I can only tell you this: that's probably not going to happen - umm cant remember the magazine but there is already the title and staff of the next episodes leaked -.
Thats fine. the plot isnt nonsensical its more the execution is awful. Mai butting in to get the phantom was unnecessary. The fussyness was idiotic. I really hated how Mai had to step in to kill the beast too and lets not get into the water point. Regardless the LN wont help things it will just emphasize how bad it was.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 19:35   Link #446
Blueknight78

Quote:
Its actually quite terrifying that as this show goes on further the worse it gets. Koito is what you knew she was going to be. Honestly i think if you had Koito and Haruhiko only this entire episode you could've done something but Mai's actions IMO ruined the episode. Her character to me is a bigger problem then Koito.

5 episodes in and this gives me nothing. I cant tell what masochistic tendency has me still watching this. Honestly this is almost as bad as Charlotte as far as decent potential utterly wasted. Honestly i may give it two more episodes.
Quote:
Thats fine. the plot isnt nonsensical its more the execution is awful. Mai butting in to get the phantom was unnecessary. The fussyness was idiotic. I really hated how Mai had to step in to kill the beast too and lets not get into the water point. Regardless the LN wont help things it will just emphasize how bad it was.
Man i don't see problem may helping her, this was to show exactly which she "can't handle alone" the things, this was to show which they are better as a team.

For me the plot working fine i don't see problem in being "original" as someone keep whining over and over.

This serie is not to be take serious is to be silly with the "week monster type" where first we get the chapters to introduce the characters now the next will be the loli, then when all the cast get ready and in a team is when the "big plot" will start to appear until then is just being a fun show with some flash scenes, this is not a show to expectate super deeper serious plot, the same as amagi park or tamako market and others.
Old 2016-02-03, 20:11   Link #447
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Kurumi fucking destroyed me.

"Hauuuuuuuuu!?!"
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2016-02-03 at 21:02.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 20:33   Link #448
Shlugo

Weakest episode yet, probably because it focuses on the worst character. Minase is rude, stuck-up and annoying but the episode tries to convince us so hard that it's worth it to try and befriend her. Also, since her power is supposedly based on singing, I have to ask why they decided to give her a freaking monotone.

And of course Haruhiko leaves his own team hanging to follow the oldest instinct of his kind - sticking his nose in other people businesses against their wishes.

I did get a laugh at the supposed prodigy Minase having to be saved again. Kurumi is more useful than her, and she's like ten.

Speaking of Kurumi I like her more than I expected to, and I liked how Mai just decided to recruit her help.

Hopefully next episode will be back to form.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 21:16   Link #449
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
Mai ending? Hahaha nope, childhood friends never wins.
Lol you must be new around here. I'll just pretend that you're joking about the bolded part...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 22:17   Link #450
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Finely got a lot of Kurumi this time
Old 2016-02-03, 22:54   Link #451
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I feel like they missed an opportunity by not having Reina use mouth to mouth to heal Koito's breathing problem.
Glad that I'm not the only one that thought that.
Old 2016-02-03, 23:29   Link #452
Nicaea

Way to go Mai, doing such unnecessary things. Love is selfish, isn't it~
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 01:40   Link #453
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

In this episode of the World's Most Incompetent Ghostbusters

- The incompetent ghostbusters are actually semi-competent for a change!
- Headphones Girl gets exactly the sort of tragic backstory that's expected for her character type!
- Worf Headphones Girl gets pissed off at everything!
- Tai Chi Tits gets pissed off at Worf Headphones Girl!
- Worf Headphones Girl, again, falls victim to the Worf Headphones Girl Effect!
- Stalker Loli's teddy bear is the show's best character!
- The annoying pervert fairy is actually useful for once!

So the headphones chick, hyped up as being this badass phantom-sealing loner turns out to be Worf, getting her hot shit powers nullified by not one, but two phantoms that go on to be defeated by the world's most incompetent ghostbusters.

The stalker loli's bear turns out to be at least as tough as Tai Chi Tits. Who'd have thought that this show could be so meh that the introduction of a goddamned teddy bear actually makes it better?

Surprise bright spot in this episode: Butt-monkey actually gets some "show, not tell" character development this week. Not so much in his nature as the generic nice-to-a-fault MC, but in that his summoning power continues to subtly improve. The demonic heck-puppy from Heck is still a demonic heck-puppy, but compare his usefulness (and Butt-monkey's ability to direct him) now to when he was first introduced. It's little things like this where KyoAni excels.
Old 2016-02-04, 02:13   Link #454
cloud04
Scanlator

bear is OP lol, also err...im not sure but...is the teacher...lying??i have no idea really, just wondering...coz you know those kinds of situations
Old 2016-02-04, 03:49   Link #455
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

KUMA KUMA KUMA KUMA

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 04:08   Link #456
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I feel like they missed an opportunity by not having Reina use mouth to mouth to heal Koito's breathing problem.
now Mai onee-sama will never talk to me again!!
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 04:52   Link #457
Vaans
NEET

Mai is jealous her Haruhiko is getting stolen by a girl.

That teddy kicks phantom ass.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 09:00   Link #458
Peanutbutter

Writing the script to glorify yourself? Wow, this proves Kyoani has slowly, but surely become a bunch of narcissistic and holier than thou people.

And this episode proved they can't write an original story on their own. The entire thing sounds like Koito's incantation, monotone.

The loli is the only hope. Not much of a hope anyway. However, being a loli and having a bear name, right, so that's your target audience.

ED: That next ep preview, wow, bringing it full steam ahead huh?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 09:25   Link #459
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
KUMA KUMA KUMA KUMA

that thumbnail says it all.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 09:47   Link #460
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh I knew I forgot someone. Guess it's loli's turn to have an episode next. Maybe the one after is the teacher? Think that exhausts all the girls in the OP.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, special powers