AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-01-13, 20:21   Link #6581
kyle1281989
Showtime!

Got my copy of the FT artbook.

Do NOT buy the book if your looking for gundam artwork. Only WZC and Epyon's heads are shown... all the gundam's even in the book covers are omitted.

The book is gorgeous though. Satin pages with high-quality glossy ink. Everything is very crisps and has nice thick ink that at the right angles looks quite a bit thicker than the pages.

Almost all the b/w pictures in the novels are blown up and in full color. A lot of the covers have had there characters rearranged so they are more visible. Sadly none of the gundams in the covers make it... all the cover images are pretty much put infront of a white background with the exception of Vol.10's cover (black wing zero) which is on a black background. Really annoying for such an otherwise great book. Also dissapointed we don't get full sized original version of the cover's without the text overlays. The orginal covers are only present in the form of 1x1 inch thumbnails on the last few pages though.

I also don't see any new images, maybe the one from Endless Waltz with the preventor uniforms... but, nothing special.

Annoyed and glad this series is over though. Hopefully we get something better the next go around... hoping for GOL to continue past the TV series or something. :/

https://rokkustudio.wordpress.com/20...-the-artworks/

Maybe I missed it but, I'm surprized the bs artwork from vol 12 of Gundams Promqueen and Gundam Slippershade wasn't shown...

Last edited by kyle1281989; 2016-01-13 at 22:30.
kyle1281989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 21:25   Link #6582
LanceDark

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1281989 View Post
Got my copy of the FT artbook.

Do NOT buy the book if your looking for gundam artwork. Only WZC and Epyon's heads are shown... all the gundam's even in the book covers are omitted.

The book is gorgeous though. Satin pages with high-quality glossy ink. Everything is very crisps and has nice thick ink that at the right angles looks quite a bit thicker than the pages.
The character design is awesome, though it would be great if we can get a NEW MS designs *sigh*

Thanks for sharing the pics!
LanceDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 21:36   Link #6583
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Character design is unchanged. I'm not giving it a pass when every new character looks the freakin' same as the old ones.
Old 2016-01-16, 14:38   Link #6584
Eeni

Well, it's 2016 and we can try to forget the past 5 years of "maybe a Gundam Wing sequel." I mean, seriously, pretty pictures and no story can only get you so far. If they really wanted to make a sequel, I suggest digging really deeply on FF.net, there are some jems in there.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 00:27   Link #6585
The 48th Ronin

At this point I rather want to see a remake than a sequel.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 07:13   Link #6586
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
At this point I rather want to see a remake than a sequel.
Yeah, they better animate GoTL, or I'll be sad
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 13:12   Link #6587
peachandbetty

Because I never really got to know the detail of FT beyond the summaries, I kinda of want to see it animated or at least translated just for clarity's sake.

But if given the choice, yes, I'd much prefer a remake of GW in modern day art styles and graphics.

On the proviso that Septum's VA makes a comeback with his dulcet tones.
peachandbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 23:07   Link #6588
The American Average
2LMES

A GOL Anime would be glorious. then have to flow into EW as a "season 2" then have it fit into FT better. of course have FT be something different than the novel. the idea of clones, gender-bent characters, and long lost look a likes is way silly to me.
Old 2016-01-24, 22:53   Link #6589
LanceDark

So, uhm... guys, what should we do now?
Old 2016-01-25, 09:26   Link #6590
The 48th Ronin

Wait for complete (English) translations, I guess.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 09:50   Link #6591
Rainforce
Banned

GOL, Zechs remember piloting Satan in FT flashback. Relena becomes queen

Rainforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 22:40   Link #6592
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainforce View Post
GOL, Zechs remember piloting Satan in FT flashback. Relena becomes queen
Piloting Satan? First time I've heard of such a mobile suit name. Is that not the Warlock in Fenrir mode?

Also, what's the deal with that Fluegel!Wing Zero?
Old 2016-01-27, 06:03   Link #6593
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Piloting Satan? First time I've heard of such a mobile suit name. Is that not the Warlock in Fenrir mode?

Also, what's the deal with that Fluegel!Wing Zero?
Wing Zero customized by Zechs in the hobby magazine, don't think its anything canon to GoTL or FT, just a custom model using the RG as the base
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 07:48   Link #6594
LanceDark

is that the Snow White?
Old 2016-01-27, 22:55   Link #6595
The American Average
2LMES

I love the fact they gave Heero a Silencer for his gun. Bugged me in the original that he'd try to kill the new queen of the world with an un-silenced gun.
Old 2016-01-29, 01:59   Link #6596
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It certainly looks like it could be Warlock in Fenrir mode (at least from the descriptions we've been given). When did Zechs even find out it had existed. Or maybe its Quince remembering it? But that can't be in the past because Warlock is in the future... unless Wayvrn had a beast mode..?

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2016-01-30 at 03:17.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 08:07   Link #6597
Crysalles

Only to remember White Snow...
Crysalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 22:32   Link #6598
coldzero

I recently just found out about the ending and I got to say I'm a HxR shipper for the longest time. That was probably the best outcome I heard from this most convoluted story line that I actually don't know the whole story of because I lost track half way but the ending the only attention grabber for me. Soooo if I rmbr properly HxR is still super young compare to the rest of the G-pilots... now that another 0.0..

... and they live on Mars lol I always enjoy the futuristic Gundam world. And what is this whole dumb down to being a regular human being the Peacecrafts have become. Zechs a farmer on Mars - I guess it goes to show in psychology talk, once your entire life has been at the very top than everyone else - the very next step is to reverse the pyramid and live the basic lifestyle. Can't they be neighbours with the Yuy's? XD But no, the Yuy's got a garden instead.

Great to hear it finish. Well I always thought the plot line is very well written though of course their the odd WTH moments but I think Gwing had less to (e.g. Seed - never understood how Kira had a 180 personality change in Destiny) has a nice crafted and symbolic story line. Regardless, Gwing is my fav. series of all time! Damn, makes me feel nostalgic i'm so old now from my childhood days. 15+ years of fandom to wait to hear this.
Old 2016-02-03, 23:37   Link #6599
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldzero View Post
Well I always thought the plot line is very well written though of course their the odd WTH moments but I think Gwing had less to (e.g. Seed - never understood how Kira had a 180 personality change in Destiny) has a nice crafted and symbolic story line.
I initially wanted to leave your comment alone, but since you played the comparison game and said that Wing’s story is better than SEED, I have to say I strongly disagree. Not after I re-watched the series and realized how bad and ridiculous the story is (see my previous posts in previous pages if you want me to elaborate). Story-wise, SEED is (much) better-written than Wing. Yes, it borrows some elements from MSG (which is done intentionally as it was meant as franchise refresher for the millennium audience), but every Gundam series did that to a certain extent. And I’d take a well-written borrowed-story over badly-written original story anytime.

You’d think this sentiment comes from a Wing-hater, but no. As I said in previous pages, Gundam Wing is my first Gundam as a child in the 90s and it’s the reason I fell in love and got into the franchise. But sometimes, we have to grow up and take off that thick nostalgia goggles when the time comes to judge a show objectively. I did that some time ago by slowly-but-surely re-watching Wing (I did that coz the Blu-ray came out and I wanted to know how it looks in hi-def). And to sum up my experience as an objective viewer but also someone who still want to like Wing: it is very close to painful. And that is after I excused the stock footage, bad and re-used animation. The overall execution is just tepid and dreary (ZZ and Victory actually look more detailed and varied and overall better-animated than Wing in most parts, not counting the OP & ED). The BGM is bad except for the theme songs and few selected tracks like the one they use for episode-preview (a far cry from SEED/Destiny’s excellent score). And you already know how I feel about the story and characters (see previous pages). To conclude my impression of the Wing TV series re-watching, I’ll just say this: I’d rather watch SEED Destiny Remaster again and again than watching Wing again. That’s how much I (don’t) enjoy Wing after applying my adult view on it.

Oh, and Kira didn't have 180 of personality in Destiny. His character is still his old self after he was saved by Lacus in SEED. It's just the writer made him mellower and more...what should I call it..."righteous" and "detached" and become more of a Gary Stu which is one of the problems in SEED Destiny.
Old 2016-02-04, 00:20   Link #6600
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's a reason MAHQ doesn't rate Gundam Wing very high and calls it a Cliff Notes of Gundam UC, right down to the mirror of the Axis drop. As for Kira's personality, in the original Destiny run you could make a bit of an argument that he's dealing with some form of shell-shock from the previous war to explain his detached behavior.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing