AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-03-17, 04:49   Link #21
devilo96

well now let see how luffy beat bigmom.....my guess a new gear....like gear 5 or something like that...
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 07:16   Link #22
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
well now let see how luffy beat bigmom.....my guess a new gear....like gear 5 or something like that...
There will be no fight against Big Mom, I am willing to guess that she will probably send Luffy on some sort of search or quest for something she needs in trade of Sanji.
Tamago and Pekoms just didn't seem very evil, or willing to fight him, I only see Luffy fighting the Vinsmokes in this Arc. It seems like Zoro, Robin, and Franky are staying in Zou. This whole Payback War thing seems to me a way of Oda, separating Marco from the rest of the remnants of Whitebeards crew, as he was the only one we cared about.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 22:47   Link #23
ri0

Holy crap, I loved this chapter. Oda did a ridiculously nice job in picking up the pace this time. After getting such reliable allies, the future Pirate King spreads his forces to deal with several issues (save Sanji, gather more allies in the upcoming fight against Kaidou, deciphering of poneglyphs) at once.
If you look at it in retrospective, it was kinda obvious that they had to spread, so the story can progress a little bit faster. I really love it and I think Oda did a good Job stating, why Nami, Chopper and Brook want to accompany Luffy.

So did I understand correctly that Inuarashi told them, that it is okay for the Strawhats to not follow the Logs as they already have someone in their crew who can read them?
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 22:59   Link #24
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Holy crap, I loved this chapter. Oda did a ridiculously nice job in picking up the pace this time. After getting such reliable allies, the future Pirate King spreads his forces to deal with several issues (save Sanji, gather more allies in the upcoming fight against Kaidou, deciphering of poneglyphs) at once.
If you look at it in retrospective, it was kinda obvious that they had to spread, so the story can progress a little bit faster. I really love it and I think Oda did a good Job stating, why Nami, Chopper and Brook want to accompany Luffy.

So did I understand correctly that Inuarashi told them, that it is okay for the Strawhats to not follow the Logs as they already have someone in their crew who can read them?
They got additional main quest which was to steal the Road Poneglyphs which i think they will put the Road Poneglyphs as a main Quest first instead of following log. Nami, Brook and Chopper has yet to Shine because they didn't participate in Tontatta uprising.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 01:23   Link #25
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
They got additional main quest which was to steal the Road Poneglyphs which i think they will put the Road Poneglyphs as a main Quest first instead of following log. Nami, Brook and Chopper has yet to Shine because they didn't participate in Tontatta uprising.
I don't agree on the additional quests, as Oda put those on the same page as something Luffy would have had to do either way: kick the Yonkous asses. That's why I asked if I understood correctly, that Ina told them, they don't necessarily have to follow the logs, as they are on the right way already and thus making the route from the Log Poses redundant (Cause at the end of the Log Pose route is the info about Poneglyphs, which the Straw Hats now already have). Neko implied somethinh similar two chapters ago, when he said that the crew is already on the right way, if they want to go to Whole Cake Island, as there is Linlin with another Road.
It would also imply a much faster story progress as the Straw Hats wouldn't have to visit all those islands on the way - simply freeing them from the Log Poses.
To be honest, that's why I was so excited about this chapter. In many years, this is the biggest info we got to a somewhat possible ending, as Raftel is being mentioned and even given a location. Seriously this was so massive to me!

Of course Nami, Chopper and Brook are in there for plot reasons. I just stated that I liked how Oda delivered their involvement.

Last edited by ri0; 2016-03-18 at 02:22.
Old 2016-03-18, 02:09   Link #26
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Notice it's the Strawhat's that weren't with Luffy in Dressrosa. Fucking Oda, LAME!
I would say it's the Straw-Hats that feel guilty for letting this happen to Sanji and don't want to sit back waiting for their captain to solve the problem they were involved in creating, since they were in Sanji's group during the Dresrossa arc.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 05:18   Link #27
J4n1

I hate that they are, again, splitting the party.
Hopefully it does not end up with another long and boring series of fight scenes that keep going on and on and on.
And the other half of the crew does not just dissapear from the story until this gets resolved.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 12:22   Link #28
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

It'd be funny if Oda completely contradicted everything he said about this being the "year of Sanji" and whatnot, and he decides, instead, to follow Zoro's group exclusively

Obviously it wouldn't happen. But could you imagine the response from everyone if Luffy ended up leaving and the chapters just casually went along with Zoro and the Samurai instead
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 13:58   Link #29
marvelB

Well, it doesn't surprise me that many are less than satisfied with the idea of the crew splitting again.... but I have to say that it makes the most sense at this point. After all, now that they have a clear hint as how to reach Raftel, it would be a lot quicker and efficient to split apart to take care of multiple tasks at once, rather than focusing on one thing at a time, which will just take up even MORE time. Besides, I doubt this will turn into another battlefest like Dressrosa since Luffy already promised he wouldn't fight Big Mom, anyway (and frankly, it would practically be suicide for him to challenge an emperor without his whole crew and several powerful allies at his side, anyway)....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 14:02   Link #30
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, it doesn't surprise me that many are less than satisfied with the idea of the crew splitting again.... but I have to say that it makes the most sense at this point. After all, now that they have a clear hint as how to reach Raftel, it would be a lot quicker and efficient to split apart to take care of multiple tasks at once, rather than focusing on one thing at a time, which will just take up even MORE time. Besides, I doubt this will turn into another battlefest like Dressrosa since Luffy already promised he wouldn't fight Big Mom, anyway (and frankly, it would practically be suicide for him to challenge an emperor without his whole crew and several powerful allies at his side, anyway)....
Agreed, and the last battle they had where they were all together was Fishman Island, and that sucked. I can't wait for 821 or 822 to end with Zoro standing face to face with Jack, and telling Luffy "I got this..."
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 14:11   Link #31
Rainbowman

Quote:
Of course who's to say that Big Mom won't fight Luffy for interfering her party. We also have Capone Bege and the Vinsmoke family to deal with. Long story short even if promises are made there are sure to be liabilities.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 14:30   Link #32
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Of course who's to say that Big Mom won't fight Luffy for interfering her party. We also have Capone Bege and the Vinsmoke family to deal with. Long story short even if promises are made there are sure to be liabilities.

To clarify, I don't doubt that there will be conflict at the wedding. I mean sure, there's a good chance that Big Mom would be angry from the wedding crash at first, but at least Luffy will have Pekoms with him to help smooth things over. Capone and the Vinsmokes would surely be a problem too sure, but I still don't really see this turning into as big a clash as we saw at Dressrosa. If anything, I see the wedding arc to be more kin to something like, say..... Impel Down, so to speak. A medium-length arc with no excessive conflict. I think it's more clear that Wano is where we'll see the bigger showdowns take place....
Old 2016-03-18, 14:56   Link #33
J4n1

We're about to take on the Yonkou.
I know, let's split up.
Not seeing the logic here.

Sure, if things go well, they won't come into direct confrontation, but, how often does things go without direct confrontation with Strawhats?
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 20:30   Link #34
ri0

Quote:
That's exactly the point I made before! Good to see that at least some people are on the same page.
Old 2016-03-18, 21:06   Link #35
itachi-san314

Having the crew split up also makes for a perfect 'Luffy saves the day moment' when Kaidou has half of his crew near death (possibly about to be boiled alive).
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 21:19   Link #36
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Since it looks like Robin is going to Wano, I feel as if she'll definitely get captured. TBH that storyline will never be done until EoS imo.

Luffy is probably going to talk to the Elephant, but with Jack around this situation is very precarious.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 09:34   Link #37
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I just wishes there are Zoro vs Sanji again in any circumstances. Never heard of Zoro vs Sanji since Punk Hazard Arc.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 15:51   Link #38
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
We're about to take on the Yonkou.
I know, let's split up.
Not seeing the logic here.

Sure, if things go well, they won't come into direct confrontation, but, how often does things go without direct confrontation with Strawhats?

The Yonkou are currently obstacles, yes..... but not all of them necessarily need to be enemies. This was even proven before the skip, when we had Luffy and Whitebeard on the same side to save Ace (something this chapter already alluded to). I'd say there's a decent chance that Big Mom will be cool with Luffy once any misunderstandings between them are cleared up (even more so if she's Lola's mother, as has long been speculated. And they also have Pekoms to vouch for them as well, remember). We tend to scoff at Luffy for being a dim musclehead, but it's not like he's incapable of talking things out to settle a conflict....
Old 2016-03-19, 16:00   Link #39
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
The Yonkou are currently obstacles, yes..... but not all of them necessarily need to be enemies. This was even proven before the skip, when we had Luffy and Whitebeard on the same side to save Ace (something this chapter already alluded to). I'd say there's a decent chance that Big Mom will be cool with Luffy once any misunderstandings between them are cleared up (even more so if she's Lola's mother, as has long been speculated. And they also have Pekoms to vouch for them as well, remember). We tend to scoff at Luffy for being a dim musclehead, but it's not like he's incapable of talking things out to settle a conflict....
He has come a long way from being a simple bullheaded guy, but I still feel he's still to simplistic and narrow minded in his personality/mentality. Maybe he will get better down the road but not even after the two year skip not much has changed his somewhat narrow outlook on life.

While getting Big Mom as an Ally could happen, but what was portrayed by her lends me to believe that maybe it won't be the case. Apparently eating one of her subordinates shouldn't be over looked nor her way of protecting Fishman Island, it's why Luffy declared basically war on her. Major developments and atonement is in order before Allying with her imo.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 16:15   Link #40
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
While getting Big Mom as an Ally could happen, but what was portrayed by her lends me to believe that maybe it won't be the case. Apparently eating one of her subordinates shouldn't be over looked nor her way of protecting Fishman Island, it's why Luffy declared basically war on her. Major developments and atonement is in order before Allying with her imo.
All of which can easily be remedied by Sanji's cooking

I think it's 99% that Luffy and Big Mom will form some kind of alliance. Just look at who he's bringing with him. Sure, it's the crew members who lacked screen time in Dressrosa, but it's also the crew members who fight the least and have many peaceful abilities. The major fight is going to go down with Kaidou, not Big Mom.

I could see a fight with the Vinsmokes and Capone though. Maybe Luffy (or Brook most likely with his ghost ability) will sniff out a clandestine rebellion that the Vinsmokes are waging on Big Mom. Then Luffy's group warns and helps Big Mom beat them, frees Sanji since the Vinsmokes are no longer Big Mom's ally and possibly even get Big Mom to help with Kaidou.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shonen jump