AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2016-03-31, 05:43   Link #1
TrueHistoria

I am looking for an anime with a lovable MALE MAIN PROTAGONIST with a closed heart.

Edited as of April 30, 2016 15:54 (Philippine Standard Time)

Hi, I am looking for an ANIME(S) and MANGA(S) with a lovable MALE MAIN PROTAGONIST that fits the following characteristics.

Personality:

- silent who doesn't talk much and doesn't express his feelings even with his friends;

- calm who knows what to do on dire situations even he don't have any options, he's unfazed;

- distant, distrustful, and doubtful towards other people because he prefers to be outcast, antisocial, unsociable, isolated, or he doesn't want others get involved with him and he loves doing things alone;

- intelligent and has a sad way of solving problems by himself for the others' own good, for the sake of his friends and he doesn't let them knows. He covers it up by saying that this is for his own interest and satisfaction;

- solo and independent who doesn't want any companions even though he had, he's the one making things done quick alone;

- cold when a girl is affectionate towards him (e. g. when a girl is making a confession, he'll rejects her with few words and silent treatment);

- emotionless on touching moments;

- unattracted and uninterested with beautiful women and he can be rude towards them;

- not perverted who always babbles about girls and not flirtatious who always hitting on girls;

- quiet when, for example, surrounded by crowd, army, monsters, many more;

- aloof who doesn't let things bother him
(e.g. when he's bullied);

- have no hesitation of defeating enemies even if he must have to kill them, he'll do it without blinking an eye. He doesn't mind getting his hands dirty and he can be sadistic, crazy or full of rage;

- doesn't nosebleed, get surprised, panic, freaks out or scream when he saw some chick stark naked;

- not blushing when a girl is teasing him or tries to get close to him, rather, he's being annoyed or irritated;

- accepts the facts and able to do what needs to be done;

- doesn't take too much credit despite what he's done;

- denies what good things other people says to him and prefers to be the bad guy because he hides his kindness;

- never speaks up for himself, preferrably not saying "I'm too kind! You must be greatful!", "Don't you realize how wonderful I am?", "I saved you didn't I?" or things that bloats confidence;

- strong and not overconfident about his talents, skills and/or powers that surpasses other people, instead he hides it and he only shows when it's needed;

- dense of the romantic feelings of girls towards him;

- has a stoic posture (e.g. someone poweful suddenly has shown up and showed his power and the protagonist doesn't get surprised, shocked, amazed or overwhelmed, instead he shows a blank expressionless gaze no matter how powerful that is);

- doesn't want to go around spreading about his past so he can get over with it and get a move on;

- when things got wrong, he'll do what's necessary to keep it from getting worse by himself and doesn't waste his time blaming onto someone (e.g. he'll take the responsibility even if he's not the one who must to make things done quick);

- doesn't beg for help when in pain and he'll think of ways to survive;

- helps somebody without saying a word and never desire of return (e.g. as soon as he's done bringing somebody who's injured into the hospital, he leaves immediately);

- cautious, analytical, and able to study his surroundings during battle;

- has a closed heart (e.g. he'll never have an interest, crush or fall in love with a girl which is either attractive or his best friend);

- thinks of feelings of people as unnecessary;

Dislikes:

- overconfident;
- talkative;
- perverted;
- always screeching;
- incompetent;
- always panicking;
- emotional;
- friendly;
- bully;
- immature;
- pushy;
- wimpy/weak;
- bashful;
- always get surprised;
- crybaby;
- incompetent;
- loser;
- always relying on others;
- delusional;
- always exaggerating;
- always whining;
- always exaggerating;
- thinks of himself as best, great, king, hero, god, etc.;
- always freaking out;
- sucker;
- hot-tempered;
- always shouting;
- insecure;

Appearance and Lifestyle (Optional):

- a High School of College Student;
- age not thirty (30) and above;
- undetcover (e.g. member of a secret organization);
- independent (e.g. he can take care of himself, he lives alone or so...);
- assassin;
- incognito;
- has a blank gaze;

Here are the animes I've watch(ed), mangas I've read and RPGs I've played with their protagonist who meets my requirements:

Anime:

- The Irregular at Magic High School (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) - TATSUYA SHIBA (throughout the series);

- Psychic Detective Yakumo (Shinrei Tantei Yakumo) - YAKUMO SAITÕ (throughout the series);

- Darker Than Black: The Black Contractor (": Kuro no Keyakusha)/": Gaiden/": Gemini of the Meteor (Ryuusei no Gemini) - HEI/LEE SHENSHUN/LEE HYEONSIK (throughout the series);

- The Fruit of Grisaia (Grisaia no Kajitsu) - YŪJI KAZAMI (throughout the series);

- Hyouka - HÕTARÕ OREKI (throughout the series);

- Psycho-Pass - KÕGAMI SHINYA (throughout the series);

- Tsubasa Chronicle - SYAORAN (throughout the series);

- The Mystic Archives of Dantalian (Dantalian no Shoka) - HUGH ANTHONY DISWARD/HUEY (throughout the series);

- Gungrave - BRANDON HEAT (throughout the series);

- Aldnoah Zero - INAHO KAIZUKA (throughout the series, for me he's the one which the series should be focused at, instead the anime is focused on shit resulting to not having the best plot);

- The Qwaser of Stigmata (Seikon no Qwaser) - ALEXANDER NIKOLAEVICH HELL/SASHA (exept the breastfeeding scenes and being a tsundere sometimes);

- Tugaino no Chi - AKIRA (throughout the series);

- Texnolyze - ICHISE (throughout the series);

- Gargantia on the Verdorous Planet (Suisei no Gargantia) - LEDO (exept the last episode when he got emotional as Chamber sacrifice himself for him);

- Terror in Resonance (Zankyou no Terror) - NINE (exept his anger towards Lisa);

- Golgo 13 - DUKE TOGO (throughout the series);

- The Sacred Blacksmith (Seiken no Blacksmith) - LUKE AINSWORTH (exept for his complaining for Cecily);

- Black Cat - TRAIN HEARTNET (for the episode until Saya's death. Quite the disappointment);

- Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning (": Suiri no Kizuna) - AYUMU NARUMI (throughout the series);

- Hellsing Ultimate - ALUCARD (throughout the series);

- Afro Samurai - AFRO (throughout the series);

- Un-Go - SHINJŪRO YUUKI (throughout the series);

- Natsume's Book of Friends (Natsume Yuujinchou)/" Two (Zeko)/" Three (San)/" Four (Shi) - TAKASHI NATSUME (exept when fighting with Madara, his demon/youkai bodyguard and when he encounters different demon/youkai while he hasn't acquired his grandmother's book yet);

- Nodame Cantabile - SHINICH CHIAKI (exept he's angry);

- Code Breaker - REI OGAMI (exept after he defeated Hitomi at the final episode, he suddenly gets emotional);

- The World God Only Knows (Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai)/" II/" III: Goddesses - KEIMA KATSURAGI (exept for being a wimp and comedy scenes);

- Blassreiter - JOSEPH JOBSON (throughout the series, same as Aldnoah Zero, it revolves on shit, plot's not the best);

- Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans - MIKA;

- Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) - UMETARÕ NOZAKI (throughout the series even though he's weird on what he's doing sometimes);

- Kobato - FUJIMOTO KIYOZAKU (throughout the series);

- Vampire Hunter D/" Bloodlust - D (throughout the series);

- Dimension W - KYÕMA MABUCHI (I am currently watching the english dubbed of this, so I kinda didn't finished it yet, so far he fits);

- Divine Gate - AOTO (same as Dimension W);

- Log Horizon - SHIROE/SHIROECCHI (at first, I dropped the anime because I thought he was just some normal VRMMO game player but as I rewatched it again, the series goes by he's slowly, kinda fitting my criteria and I finally made my decision by Shiroe and Nureha's conversation. Currently waiting for the english dubbed release of second season);

- Chaika - The Coffin Princess (Hitsugi no Chaika) - TÕRU ACURA (exept his fantasy and a very short scene when he become oversensitive);

Currently watching anime series:

- Haven't you heard? I'm Sakamoto (Sakamoto Desu Ga?) - SAKAMOTO (this is like an old-school and it's nice. He fits so far just watching the first episode);

Manga:

- Iris Zero - TORU MIZUSHIMA (throughout the chapters, hoping that this will get an anime adaptation. It has a very good story which you won't find on many manga. Hoping for the illustrator to get better soon so it'll no longer on hiatus for so long);

- The World God Only Knows (Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai)/" II/" III: Goddesses Saga/" IV: Jupiter's Saga - KEIMA KATSURAGI (exept for being a wimp and comedy scenes);

RPG:

- Radiant Historia (DS) - STOCKE (throughout the story);

- Lunar Knights (DS) - LUCIAN (throughout the story);

- LAR - Children of Pandora (iOS) - RINO (I never finished this game yet but he fits the criteria);

- The Chronicles of Inotia 4: Assasin of Berkel (Android) - KIYAN (throughout the story);

- Sage Fusion/" 2 (Android) - ALVONSE BRIN (throughout the story);

- Asdivine Dios/" Menace (Android) - IZAYOI (exept some short scenes when he suddenly feels down);

Here are the other animes I have watched but the male main protagonist doesn't meet my requirements or/and the anime itself is not focused on him so don't recommend me like one of these below: (also, I have a list on my profile)

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/TrueHistoria&status=7

(feel free to check it out or see my list below)

- Tokyo Ghoul/" 2;
- Katanagatari;
- Unlimited Fafnir (Juuou Mujin no Dafnir);
- Maoyuu Maou Yuusha;
- Future Diary (Mirai Nikki);
- A Lull in the Sea (Nagi no Asukara);
- Amagi Brilliant Park;
- Unbreakable Machine-Doll (Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai);
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsuu);
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Oregairu) (Yahari Ore no Senshun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru)/" TOO;
- Stigma of the Wind (Kaze no Stigma);
- Hunter X Hunter/" 2011;
- Infinite Stratos/" 2;
- Shiki;
- Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero (Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica);
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion/" R2 (": Hangyaku no Lelouch/": " R2);
- Problem Children are Coming from Another World, Aren't They? (Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?);
- Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubou Kyosuke;
- Bleach;
- Fairy Tail;
- If Her Flag Breaks (Kanojo ga Flag wa Oraretara);
- Naruto;
- Tokyo Ravens;
- One Piece;
- 07-Ghost;
- Denpa Tenki na Kanajo OVA;
- Fate/Zero;
- Noragami;
- Blue Exorsist;
- Blade Dance of the Elementalers (Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance);
- World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman (Seiken Tsukai no World Break);
- Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom;
- Seitokai Yakuindomo;
- Aria the Scarlet Ammo (Hidan no Aria);
- Chrome Shelled Regios (Koukaku no Regios);
- Casshern Sins;
- Trinity Seven;
- Parasyte: The Maxim (Kisejuu: Sei no Kakuritsu);
- Death Note;
- Eden of the East (Higashi no Eden);
- Ghost Hunt;
- Special A;
- Sword Art Online/" II;
- Charlotte;
- Dance in the Vampire Bund;
- Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan (Nurarihyon no Mago);
- Beelzebub;
- Nyaruko: Crawling With Love (Haiyore Nyaruko-san);
- I Couldn't Become a Hero, so I Relucantly Decided to Get a Job (Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita);
- No Game No Life;
- Bakemonogatari/Nekomonogatari Kuro/Nisemonogatari/Monogatari Series - Second Season/Tsukimonogatari/Owarimonogatari;
- Wolf Girl and Black Prince;
- Guilty Crown;
- Demon King Daimao (Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou);
- Tokyo Majin;
- Towa no Quon;
- School Days;
- Chivalry of a Failed Knight (Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry);
- C Control - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control;
- Sky Wizards Academy (Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan);
- Brynhildr in the Darkness (Gokukoku no Brynhildr);
- Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (Tasogane Otome x Amnesia);
- Sankarea - Undying Love;
- Persona 4 The Animation;
- Toradora;
- A Certain Magical Index/" 2 (Toaru Majitsu no Index/" 2);
- Testament of a Sister New Devil (Shinmai Maou no Testament);
- Clannad;
- Blast of the Tempest (Zetsuen no Tempest);
- The Pet Girl of Sakurasou (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo);
- High School DXD/" New/" Born;
- Oreshura (Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru);
- Date A Live/": Date to Date OVA/" II/": Encore OVA;
- Classroom Crisis;
- Strike The Blood;
- Skip Beat;
- Angel Beats;
- K Project;
- Gakuen Alice;
- Rozen Maiden;
- Kaichou wa Maid-sama;
- Gantz,
- Akagi;
- Samurai Champloo;
- One Outs;
- Trigun;
- Vampire Knight;
- Haganai;
- Persona 3 Movies;
- Campione;
- The Asterisk War (Gakusen Toshi no Asterisk);
- BTOOOM;
- Fortune Arterial;
- Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl;
- Is This a Zombie? (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?/" (Of The Dead);
- Dramatical Murder;
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn;
- Prince of Stride: Alternative;
- Kamisama Kiss (Kamisama Hajimemashita);
- Ouran High School Host Club;
- Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi;
- Blood+;
- Zombie Loan;
- Boku Dake ga Inai Machi;
- Durarara;
- Gosick;
- Nanatsu-iro Drops;
- Nabari no Ou;
- 11 Eyes;
- A Good Librarian Like A Good Sheperd (Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai);
- Blue Spring Ride (Ao Haru Ride);
- Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin);
- Cowboy Bebop;
- Assassination Classroom (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu);
- Heroic Age;
- Nakaimo - My Little Sister Is Among Them (Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru);
- Myriad Colors Phantom World (Musaigen no Phantom World);
- Kure-nai;
- Speed Grapher;
- Pandora Hearts;
- Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)/": Trust and Betrayal OVA);
- C3 Cube;
- My Mental Choices Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy (Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru);
- Itazura na Kiss;
- Samurai Deeper Kyo;
- Brave 10;
- Free: Iwatobi Swim Club;
- The Law of Ueki;
- Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji);
- High School of the Dead;
- Baldr Force - Exe Resolution;
- Engaged to the Unidentified (Mikakunin de Shinkoukei);
- Magical Warfare (Mahou Sensou);
- Big Order;

For genres NOT MECHA, SHOUJO, SPORTS, JAPANESE and HISTORY (SAMURAI). Also I know the MANGA VERSION of ALL THE ANIMES OF MY POST AND MY LIST so those are unnecessary.

Any recommendations that fits my criteria are highly appreciated and I'll make sure to check them out.

Thank you.

Last edited by TrueHistoria; 2016-04-30 at 02:55.
TrueHistoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 18:40   Link #2
kitten320

To be honest I have no idea why you would not like Naru from Ghost Hunt cause he is exactly what you want, emotionless who likes to do things himself but actually cares... He is literally what you were searching for! He fits the bill far more than YAKUMO.

Or Zwei from Phantom who always gets the job done and is strong and caring...

Or Natsuno from Shiki?

And Lelouch?

Well I'll try and risk it by recommending Fate/Zero

Haru from Free! is pretty much emotionless most of the time. He even undresses in a middle of a shop with stoic face just cause he wants to swim in a fountain.

Jormungand, the main hero works for gun dealer and has emotionless face for most of the series.

Kuroko no Basket, blank expression most of the time. Totally oblivious that one of the girls likes him.

One Outs - MC is a calculative genius who wins by tricking and always keeps his cool
Old 2016-04-01, 22:06   Link #3
TrueHistoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
To be honest I have no idea why you would not like Naru from Ghost Hunt cause he is exactly what you want, emotionless who likes to do things himself but actually cares... He is literally what you were searching for! He fits the bill far more than YAKUMO.

Or Zwei from Phantom who always gets the job done and is strong and caring...

Or Natsuno from Shiki?

And Lelouch?

Well I'll try and risk it by recommending Fate/Zero

Haru from Free! is pretty much emotionless most of the time. He even undresses in a middle of a shop with stoic face just cause he wants to swim in a fountain.

Jormungand, the main hero works for gun dealer and has emotionless face for most of the series.

Kuroko no Basket, blank expression most of the time. Totally oblivious that one of the girls likes him.

One Outs - MC is a calculative genius who wins by tricking and always keeps his cool
Here's why:

Naru (Kazuya Shibuya) relies on his subordinate Lyn and he's a bit flitartous at the start of the Ghost Hunt anime series.

Zwei (Reiji Asuma) is just being forced to be an assassin. He's emotional when reunited with Eim (Erin) and on Cal's death, even at the start of the series as for me.

Natsuno Yuuki is emotional as he's having nightmares about Megumi Shimizu and the anime's so focused on the doctor.

Lelouch at the start of Code Geass is pretty friendly and he sucks. He had many subordinates.

So as Emiya Kiritsugu who's relying on his servant.

As for my post I don't like sports, that leaves Jormungand for me to check. Thanks.
Old 2016-04-02, 07:24   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I have no idea given that long list whether you'd like Kurenai Shinkarou in Kurenai, but he does have a lot of the qualities you seek. I wouldn't say he has a "closed" heart, though. Much of the story concerns how he becomes a more emotional person. Anyway, you're free to hate it.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 08:50   Link #5
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Rurouni Kenshin in Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen (English name Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal)?
Old 2016-04-02, 15:04   Link #6
kitten320

Lin monitors and keeps Naru in check, he does not rely on him. If you watched it till the end, Naru is more than capable of protecting himself.

And if you read manga, you would know who he really is. Protection is totally not needed for him.

And Naru did not flirt with Mai's friends, it's called manipulation to get information.

HOUTAROU OREKI is full of emotions, he is just lazy.

HEI deeply cared for Yin and also showed emotions from time to time. Heck, he was pretty flirtatious when not being stone faced.

KOUGAMI SHINYA - again, he experienced both rage and sadness and happiness.

SHINICHI CHIAKI is full of emotions. Anger, fright, joy, caring... those are emotions. You say Yuuki having nightmares is bad but Chiaki was scared to death from flying.

You are really contradicting yourself.
Old 2016-04-02, 16:06   Link #7
TrueHistoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I have no idea given that long list whether you'd like Kurenai Shinkarou in Kurenai, but he does have a lot of the qualities you seek. I wouldn't say he has a "closed" heart, though. Much of the story concerns how he becomes a more emotional person. Anyway, you're free to hate it.
I'll check it out. Thanks.
Old 2016-04-02, 16:14   Link #8
TrueHistoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Rurouni Kenshin in Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen (English name Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal)?
This is historical. But I'll check it out. Thanks.
Old 2016-04-02, 16:26   Link #9
TrueHistoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Lin monitors and keeps Naru in check, he does not rely on him. If you watched it till the end, Naru is more than capable of protecting himself.

And if you read manga, you would know who he really is. Protection is totally not needed for him.

And Naru did not flirt with Mai's friends, it's called manipulation to get information.

HOUTAROU OREKI is full of emotions, he is just lazy.

HEI deeply cared for Yin and also showed emotions from time to time. Heck, he was pretty flirtatious when not being stone faced.

KOUGAMI SHINYA - again, he experienced both rage and sadness and happiness.

SHINICHI CHIAKI is full of emotions. Anger, fright, joy, caring... those are emotions. You say Yuuki having nightmares is bad but Chiaki was scared to death from flying.

You are really contradicting yourself.

That's fine for me if that's what you think. I'm just asking for recs. People have different reasoning and I'm not gonna argue because I didn't say my list fits all the above characteristics.
Old 2016-04-10, 22:26   Link #10
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Hmm...

This is a hard request...

Have you ever tried Full Metal Panic?

Sergant Souske Sargara is perfect for this. You might have skipped it because it has Mecha elements, but I think that's a mistake. The first season is about 25% mecha, and the second season 0%, with the third season at about 50% mecha. And the mecha is rather incidental to the main plot.

Basically Souske Sagara works for a mercenary unit. He is sent undercover to a highschool to serve as a bodyguard. Hyper competent at combat, he is rather... inept at social events. Causing a lot of humor. (Yes, it's a comedy).

I strongly suggest you give it a chance. Say... three episodes.

Maybe Cross Game? Kou has some of the attributes, but Azuma has a lot more.

Maybe... Usagi Drop and House of the Sun?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 00:59   Link #11
TrueHistoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Hmm...

This is a hard request...

Have you ever tried Full Metal Panic?

Sergant Souske Sargara is perfect for this. You might have skipped it because it has Mecha elements, but I think that's a mistake. The first season is about 25% mecha, and the second season 0%, with the third season at about 50% mecha. And the mecha is rather incidental to the main plot.

Basically Souske Sagara works for a mercenary unit. He is sent undercover to a highschool to serve as a bodyguard. Hyper competent at combat, he is rather... inept at social events. Causing a lot of humor. (Yes, it's a comedy).

I strongly suggest you give it a chance. Say... three episodes.

Maybe Cross Game? Kou has some of the attributes, but Azuma has a lot more.

Maybe... Usagi Drop and House of the Sun?
Actually, I dropped Full Metal Panic because of the school scenes of 1st episode. Three episodes you say but he's causing a lot of humor. Maybe sure.

And I'll check the rest of your recs. Thanks.
Old 2016-04-15, 12:28   Link #12
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
I see Golgo there and I think your missing one of the manliest, slickest MCs there is.

Space Adventure Cobra

Seriously this guy is like Golgo but with charisma. He can be flirtatious and a bit perverted but thats only because he knows what he wants. And trust me, he always gets what he wants. Also one of the few characters that even in the presence of a naked woman or women doesnt falter. I think theres also a newer anime series and some ovas, but this old series was based on the manga and has the best arcs IMO.

You would be luckier if it was manga, way more cool MCs.

I think Harlock also fits the bill of the quiet, strong badass MC and he appears in a bunch of series and films.
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 01:44   Link #13
TrueHistoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
I see Golgo there and I think your missing one of the manliest, slickest MCs there is.

Space Adventure Cobra

Seriously this guy is like Golgo but with charisma. He can be flirtatious and a bit perverted but thats only because he knows what he wants. And trust me, he always gets what he wants. Also one of the few characters that even in the presence of a naked woman or women doesnt falter. I think theres also a newer anime series and some ovas, but this old series was based on the manga and has the best arcs IMO.

You would be luckier if it was manga, way more cool MCs.

I think Harlock also fits the bill of the quiet, strong badass MC and he appears in a bunch of series and films.
Cobra is very old (80s) and Space Captain Harlock is a movie. I'll put them to my watchlist. Thanks.
Old 2016-04-23, 12:02   Link #14
AntonKutovoi

Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders. I recommend TV series, but OVA will do fine as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueHistoria View Post
So as Emiya Kiritsugu who's relying on his servant.
But... he doesn't. That's one of the conflicts in the story. Kiritsugu neither trust Saber or rely on her.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 12:51   Link #15
coded321
He Who Games

Does it have to be an action/drama series? The only character that I can think, that is not in your list, is hakuya from engaged to the unidentified.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 21:00   Link #16
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It's very old but Kenshiro from "Hokuto no Ken" is a 99% fit with all those requirements.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 23:50   Link #17
Parousia

Closest ones that I can think of are(they're a bit off the mark with some absence of criteria):
Akame ga Kill
- Not the MC but another important character coincide with your likes.
Rokka no Yusha
- Again not the MC but another important character coincide with your likes.

I can't really think of one that's accurate enough to fit all your likes but If you can give a bit of leeway then maybe I can give more.
Old 2016-04-24, 05:57   Link #18
TrueHistoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Does it have to be an action/drama series? The only character that I can think, that is not in your list, is hakuya from engaged to the unidentified.
Any genre besides on my post will be fine. I'll check Engaged of the Unidentified.

Last edited by TrueHistoria; 2016-04-24 at 09:41.
Old 2016-04-24, 05:59   Link #19
TrueHistoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders. I recommend TV series, but OVA will do fine as well.

But... he doesn't. That's one of the conflicts in the story. Kiritsugu neither trust Saber or rely on her.
Okay thanks.
Old 2016-04-24, 06:00   Link #20
TrueHistoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It's very old but Kenshiro from "Hokuto no Ken" is a 99% fit with all those requirements.
I'll see if I like it. Thanks.