AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-16, 22:47   Link #181
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 22:50   Link #182
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

To give everyone some idea about why the chief engineer's just pulling her hairs out, read this excerpt. Shigure as referred to here could do 33 knots on paper at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tamaichi Hara, Shigure, Japanese Destroyer Captain

I staggered to my feet. Where were the enemy planes? I saw Yamagami grope for and press the warning button, and klaxons whined their belated warning of an air attack throughout the ship. Shigure was swinging sharply to port when a water pillar rose within her turning circle, not more than 10 meters from the ship. It cascaded smack onto the forecastle. The bridge was inundated.

Shaking off the water I shouted, "Hard right rudder! Immediate overboost! Flank speed!"
Tsukihara looked at me incredulously and said, "Flank speed with immediate overboost?"

"Immediately!" I roared.

Pale; and trembling, Tsukihara pushed the engine-room communicator lever full to the bottom, and closed his eyes. At the same time Yamagami called into the engine-room voice tube for an immediate overboost, and mumbled, "Oh God!"

Their reactions were perfectly natural. I had never before given such an order. Most naval officers go through their careers without ever giving such an order. Under normal conditions, it requires half an hour to go from a cruising speed of 12 knots to a maximum speed of 30. Under combat conditions this kind of spewed increase should take fifteen minutes. My "immediate" order ignored all normal procedures, and ran the risk of breaking turbines and engines of our venerable Shigure. This caused a flurry below decks that is hard to imagine. The greatest anxiety of the engine-room gang was that this sudden call for power might shatter the fins of the turbine as the engine valves were opened. All hands performed their emergency duties, as ordered, in full expectation that this would happen.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 23:13   Link #183
ramlaen

I'm not saying zombies, but it was zombies.

Spoiler for ep2:
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 23:58   Link #184
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post

Spoiler for ep2:
Unlikely, given that Gakko Gurashi pulled that off; the surprise would be lost
Old 2016-04-17, 02:57   Link #185
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't know why but my favorite character is Crow's Nest Girl. Anyone know here name?

I'm guessing that someone or something is taking over the ships at sea and targeting the Harekaze for whatever reason. At least, you know, that's a bit more easier on the heart. Then again it's also possible that the Musashi, and by extension Moka, is just baiting them into a trap. Now if the Musashi is indeed a battleship patterned after the Yamato, well, friends pitted against friends puts this in a very dark place. Surprising, but not unwelcome.

This show has shockingly become my most anticipated show every week this season, among a ridiculously strong season lineup. That's probably due how how this show gives me SoRaNoWoTo vibes, and I love that show to death.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2016-04-17 at 03:45.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 03:13   Link #186
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister
I don't know why but my favorite character is Crow's Nest Girl. Anyone know here name?

Not sure who are you talking about...

Anyway, you can find your waifu name from this images

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-04-17, 03:15   Link #187
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Then again it's also possible that the Musashi, and by extension Mako, is just baiting them into a trap.
Her name is Moeka, her nickname is Moka.
Old 2016-04-17, 03:48   Link #188
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Her name is Moeka, her nickname is Moka.
Mike Mako Moka Moeka it's confusing.

Also Noma Machiko it is!
Old 2016-04-17, 04:32   Link #189
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

On a not really related note, the Chinese streaming site Billibilli, the sole 'authorized' source for Haifuri in China, has taken down the show. And the search result is being blocked for that it 'may violate legal codes and policies.' The search term is not blocked in China though.

This is rather interesting, as no other military themed show has been handed the bandhammer, not even GATE.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2016-04-17, 04:40   Link #190
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's most likely due to the current tensions in the South China Sea, for obvious reasons.

I have no idea why Crow's Nest Girl fascinates me. I'd guess part of it is because, well, you probably need a lot of balls to be up there.
Old 2016-04-17, 05:40   Link #191
zeross87

For the first ep it was a bait to make them replicate but this time the other ship seem serious enough but they keep missing
Meanwhile our girl are one a one shot one kill streak. Are they just lucky, incredibly skilled or what
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 06:25   Link #192
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Noma Machiko, part of the Navigation Department. She's the Signaller who stands on yards high on the mast. (Ep 2, 11:20 to 11:30)

I noticed the blue dolphin logo embroidered on the crew's socks. Cute!
Old 2016-04-17, 06:32   Link #193
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 2:
By the way, seems that there won't be any aircraft carriers represented on Haifuri due to having no planes. On the other hand, kudos to Capt. Misaki for saving a German sailor from being shelled by her countrymen.

Anyways, I smell some conspiracy here as I have a feeling that a war is brewing over the horizon. Seriously, the Japanese navy has a spy on-board and it seems that branding the Harukaze crew as mutineers was part of a grand scheme of things.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 06:41   Link #194
Child_of_Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post

Spoiler for ep2:
Maybe not zombies but body snatchers (1978) from the deep
Old 2016-04-17, 07:33   Link #195
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

I'm guessing that someone or something is taking over the ships at sea and targeting the Harekaze for whatever reason. At least, you know, that's a bit more easier on the heart. Then again it's also possible that the Musashi, and by extension Moka, is just baiting them into a trap. Now if the Musashi is indeed a battleship patterned after the Yamato, well, friends pitted against friends puts this in a very dark place. Surprising, but not unwelcome.
OTOH, Musashi was late too, so she may have missed the mind control bomb or whatever it was. If that's what it was.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 07:39   Link #196
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Speaking of mind control or whatever means to make them hostile to each other, I wonder if that's part of a conspiracy too just for them to wage war?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 07:42   Link #197
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
Maybe not zombies but body snatchers (1978) from the deep
I'm only watching The Invasion instead..

BTW, who voiced the German captain..?

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 08:47   Link #198
Vaans
NEET

From the looks of it. The blonde Akeno save must be the captain as she's carrying a captain's hat.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”

Last edited by Vaans; 2016-04-17 at 22:39.
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 10:34   Link #199
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I gave the chart showing the positions reported in the anime more though.

Spoiler for map made by anon:

Musashi's endurance at the cruising speed of 16 knots will reach about 7200NM (8300mi), which is 450hr out at sea in all. A destroyer will actually get around 400hr at this leisurely pace ( I will use Hatsuharu class estimates of roughly 6000NM at 15-16 knots with 400hr to estimate endurance here.), The endurance of a Kagerou class destroyer at 18 knots exceed 5000NM, giving the class more than 278hr at sea at this speed. (Shimakaze and most Kagerous could manage 6000NM at 18 knots).

The original fleet deployment calls for 2 weeks out at sea, about 336hrs in all at worst. This means that these ships are likely fueled to a full load prior to the start of the trip as you'll need some overhead for fleet maneuver practice.

Assuming if Musashi has proceeded to her reported position around Asuncion at cruising speed, then she would have covered about 1300-1400NM, roughly 80hrs out at sea (so on day 4 of the voyage).

The first waypoint at the start of episode 1 is about 440NM from Yokosuka, roughly 26-27hr of sailing at cruising speed to reach. The actual journey has taken longer for the Harekaze due to her engine troubles.

The chief navigator reported that they were about 600NM away from Yokosuka at if they were to sail back at cruising speed before the engagement against the Graf Spee. Assuming if that is the case, and that Harekaze received Musashi's radio in roughly the same water or if they moved eastward, then we can assume that the Harekaze is about 700-800NM away from Asuncion.

At cruising speed, it will take at least 44 hours, more likely 2 whole days to reach the Musashi. It's important to note that the power setting to speed is a logarithmic chart, so any higher speed will see much higher consumption on the part of the Harekaze. It's hard to estimate just how much fuel is left on the Harekaze, but just going in a straight line at cruising speed for the Musashi would've consumed maybe 20% of her available fuel, a figure that I believe the Harekaze would have grossly exceeded given the strain of combat.

Old 2016-04-17, 10:40   Link #200
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
I gave the chart showing the positions reported in the anime more though.

Spoiler for map made by anon:

Musashi's endurance at the cruising speed of 16 knots will reach about 7200NM (8300mi), which is 450hr out at sea in all. A destroyer will actually get around 400hr at this leisurely pace ( I will use Hatsuharu class estimates of roughly 6000NM at 15-16 knots with 400hr to estimate endurance here.), The endurance of a Kagerou class destroyer at 18 knots exceed 5000NM, giving the class more than 278hr at sea at this speed. (Shimakaze and most Kagerous could manage 6000NM at 18 knots).

The original fleet deployment calls for 2 weeks out at sea, about 336hrs in all at worst. This means that these ships are likely fueled to a full load prior to the start of the trip as you'll need some overhead for fleet maneuver practice.

Assuming if Musashi has proceeded to her reported position around Asuncion at cruising speed, then she would have covered about 1300-1400NM, roughly 80hrs out at sea (so on day 4 of the voyage).

The first waypoint at the start of episode 1 is about 440NM from Yokosuka, roughly 26-27hr of sailing at cruising speed to reach. The actual journey has taken longer for the Harekaze due to her engine troubles.

The chief navigator reported that they were about 600NM away from Yokosuka at if they were to sail back at cruising speed before the engagement against the Graf Spee. Assuming if that is the case, and that Harekaze received Musashi's radio in roughly the same water or if they moved eastward, then we can assume that the Harekaze is about 700-800NM away from Asuncion.

At cruising speed, it will take at least 44 hours, more likely 2 whole days to reach the Musashi. It's important to note that the power setting to speed is a logarithmic chart, so any higher speed will see much higher consumption on the part of the Harekaze. It's hard to estimate just how much fuel is left on the Harekaze, but just going in a straight line at cruising speed for the Musashi would've consumed maybe 20% of her available fuel, a figure that I believe the Harekaze would have grossly exceeded given the strain of combat.
If they go to Moeka location, they will be even more faraway from Japan.

How Musashi is there if they are late??? If it is a trap why choose the location that far???

Tags
school life, sea battles, ship girls