*** 4 8.51%
**** 6 12.77%
***** 6 12.77%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-14, 10:56   Link #1
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Episode 189 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted on Wednesday, or soon after, since it airs on that day in Japan.

Thread guidelines:

* No telling/asking where to find raws/subs.
* No mentioning of group names.
* No spoilers.
* No off-topicness.
* Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
* Discuss your comments on the episode.

Please do NOT post if...
  • It's to whine/moan/complain about the episode.
  • It's to be sacarstic about the episode.
  • It's to ask if this is the last filler episode.
Any replies that fall under one of the categories above will be simply deleted.

Just to make it clear there is to be no making new topics about the two last guidelines cited above. They will be systematically closed down because this thread was created so all the posts regarding these topics would be in one place.

Furthermore, please remember that only moderators can start the episode discussion threads every week.
Old 2006-06-15, 02:10   Link #2
monster

Nice episode, but I'm more excited for next week where it hints at possibly another technique for Hinata. I'm hoping it's not going to be just her standing in one spot again. But either way, go Hinata.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 04:18   Link #3
nst_silver
The 1000th summer

not bad, considering being a filler episode. hopefully the next episode is even better. looking forward to seeing hinata in action again.
nst_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 06:37   Link #4
avangion

3/5. Regular filler episode. The fish/shark in hit-seeking water seems a bit silly. However, it set the stage for next episode, which seems more interesting.

Strange though. How could the water ninja survive being crushed by Chouji, and not survive being crushed by the rocks created by Magneto?
avangion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 07:30   Link #5
Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by avangion
Strange though. How could the water ninja survive being crushed by Chouji, and not survive being crushed by the rocks created by Magneto?
Well, since Chouji is bloated, most likely when Chouji crushed the water ninja, there's are some leeway(ie Chouji compressed a bit). Besides, the rocks created by Magneto fell from a much higher place.

Well, I have to admit, if they do not mess up the next episode, it would really a nice episode. What's better than seeing Hinata in an intense fight for 20 minutes, employing different strategies with her Byakugan. What imo would make a good next episode would be

1) Improved animation quality (after so many episodes with barely sub-par animation, 1 episode to show Hinata in her full glory wouldn't hurt)
2) Fast-paced action. I'm sure ninja don't just stand there, talk, throw a kunai, talk, think of strategies, jump slowly up and beat the opponent with a new strategy.
3) No other people interfere in the fight. We know what Naruto is capable of. I do not wish for another Kage Bunshin/Rasengan.

I think I'm going to be disappointed next week.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 07:46   Link #6
Makenshi

i hate fillers... wasn't naruto supposed to be like human..ish?
like even if ninjas are real great they are bound to how much chakra they have and they cant just do jutsu's the whole day and absolutely not contoll things wihtout doing the seals...

so why the hell.. can the water guy controll all kinds of water when there are none? he doesnt even need jutsus they just fly... wouldnt that take alot of chakra?
and also controlling water when there isnt any water there... didnt the 2nd do that and even the hokage and the ones watching him stood in total awe of how impossibly hard that was? but this guy can do it without a problem... and also controlling sand and stuff is only possible with a Jinchurikis <sp?> powers right? doing something else like that is almost impossible and takes loads of chakra... but apparently in the fillers.. you can gain uber powers and not needing to do seals.... IF YOU EAT IRON WHEN YOU ARE A KID!... seriously i loved naruto for it had boundaries.. it was great.. now its like 'höhöö when i was a kid i had 2 pairs of socks now i can withstand fire and also shoot ice'

ps... i cry when i watch naruto fillers...
Makenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 12:57   Link #7
zoro#1

i hope the last filler ep. naruto will wake up from his horrible dream and begin season 2
zoro#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 15:40   Link #8
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Honorable guys who keep watching the Naruto anime...i dont mean to be rude but...honestly is it worth to download the fillers?

I am curious since i hear also good things so...from what episode or which episodes do you guys recommend me to watch?
Old 2006-06-15, 19:49   Link #9
full metal x

This one is just showing me how naruto is weak because he been on so many filler mission he at least should beat a tough enemy atleast once for the first encounter? He keep on saying training training i don't see the result of the training the positive result of his training
full metal x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 21:02   Link #10
Shadowscar
Reviewer of all anime

this arc ideal is kinda cool i wish that they did not make such silly moves though... Flowers and fish in fly water lol Sure the water prison with fish summons was cool idea but they took it a step to far lol

i gotta say the next fight looks like its going to be way awsome though, i love when Hinita/Neji fight cause there style and stuff just so damn unique

Sadly though its still a filler which trys to be funny Via the Plot and not Via the characters in a cool plot like the actual Manga story line so i gotta give it 3/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by full metal x
This one is just showing me how naruto is weak because he been on so many filler mission he at least should beat a tough enemy atleast once for the first encounter? He keep on saying training training i don't see the result of the training the positive result of his training
I gotta agree and disagree with you here, naruto is getting strong but the huge massive fights we saw of the past was naruto with the Demon fox's help, during these tiny fights they arent as serious so he never calls the demon fox... One thing i dislike about the enemies he is facing is they are always Jounins class which means that theres really not much higher you can go on the regular chain
Shadowscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 21:04   Link #11
UthertheHat
Magical Magician

Don't get me wrong I love Hinata, but I laughed so hard when that ho hit Hinata with a rock.
A ROCK~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SERIOUSLY

Hinata got cheap shotted with a rock, you know it's hillarious.
UthertheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 21:14   Link #12
Shadowscar
Reviewer of all anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
Honorable guys who keep watching the Naruto anime...i dont mean to be rude but...honestly is it worth to download the fillers?

I am curious since i hear also good things so...from what episode or which episodes do you guys recommend me to watch?
The naruto actual multi episode story lines are worth it when your bored but nothing to great... the single episode fillers after the story line ends are things i personally could not stand at all some ppl out there might enjoy them though (Example's, Babysitting a rich kid, Postman Ninja's, Cooking Ninja's, Abuse of Super Techniques)...
Shadowscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 23:11   Link #13
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Uh I am confused. Naruto shows up and tells Hinitta to find Chouji and she ends up finding him... how? Why? I mean if you tell someone to go find them why would you head the same direction as the person who just told you. Shouldn't she have gone backwards or something. Yes Naruto did get thrown around but in circles and did not fly far enough to where it would be enar Hinita. The fighting was alright but the opne thing that pisses me off is how Naruto fainted at end. Never thought Naruto could be so easily defeated. When I saw Hinita appear I knew she was going to get involved but still...
Old 2006-06-16, 00:38   Link #14
ctown

I suspect we still have 11 more episode left of Naruto ....200 would be the start of a new series I guess
ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 01:35   Link #15
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makenshi
i hate fillers... wasn't naruto supposed to be like human..ish?
like even if ninjas are real great they are bound to how much chakra they have and they cant just do jutsu's the whole day and absolutely not contoll things wihtout doing the seals...

so why the hell.. can the water guy controll all kinds of water when there are none? he doesnt even need jutsus they just fly... wouldnt that take alot of chakra?
and also controlling water when there isnt any water there... didnt the 2nd do that and even the hokage and the ones watching him stood in total awe of how impossibly hard that was? but this guy can do it without a problem... and also controlling sand and stuff is only possible with a Jinchurikis <sp?> powers right? doing something else like that is almost impossible and takes loads of chakra... but apparently in the fillers.. you can gain uber powers and not needing to do seals.... IF YOU EAT IRON WHEN YOU ARE A KID!... seriously i loved naruto for it had boundaries.. it was great.. now its like 'höhöö when i was a kid i had 2 pairs of socks now i can withstand fire and also shoot ice'

ps... i cry when i watch naruto fillers...

did you watch the episode?and attend elementary-middle science? well i learned that leaves,grass, and all plants contain water.also since when the series had boundries? the stuff that occured in this episode are more belivable than some of in part 2 of the manga. besides the guy explained his power it makes abit of sense, with the right knowledge of human body.

my thoughts:
pretty good, i thought this was another arc where naruto knocks some sense into someone but it turns out it might be hinata who does it. the fight was intresting, for a few seconds i actually thought chouji was going to die for a few seconds and that's a good thing. the fat bother is quite the bastard, he dosen't care for his brothers, hell he even killed one of them so he would have more power in the nano country. it seems each brother has a power/element the tonfa guy was water, fat guy is meta and the leader's power/element is unknown for now, my guess it's fire. this princess is really nice looking.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 04:49   Link #16
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
the leader's power/element is unknown for now, my guess it's fire
a few episodes back ago the leader said something along the lines of "it's a shame, if the sun hadn't gone down so much, I would of incinerated them all" so yeah, it's fire

This episode was "okay" at best...the Water Guy's fight overall SUCKED...and I must digress again at the horrible animation...

When Naruto found Hinata knocked out, the look on his face when he picked her up made him look like a serial killer or something o_O

The previews of the next ep gave me hope, lets hope that the good animation they showed in it isn't the only ones...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 09:37   Link #17
l33t_n00b

Filler episodes are so bad that the number of stars you can give them are all negatives.
I rate it 5 stars.
l33t_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 10:05   Link #18
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
-___- suxy story line...the fight against that water dude i was hoping naruto to use his summoning on the huge frog dude to counter that water guy's paranas/shark but instead they made up a cheezy way for him to get defeated...not entertaining at all...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 17:16   Link #19
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowscar
The naruto actual multi episode story lines are worth it when your bored but nothing to great... the single episode fillers after the story line ends are things i personally could not stand at all some ppl out there might enjoy them though (Example's, Babysitting a rich kid, Postman Ninja's, Cooking Ninja's, Abuse of Super Techniques)...
I see....thank you..
Old 2006-06-16, 17:58   Link #20
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I find this episode a little amusing because of the continuous battle stuff. I thought that guy that uses Hana ninpo just use flowers to attack but I see that it was just a style Btw, it's funny that water ninjas can only use their water jutsus if there were water around, they have a great disadvantage in dry lands
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote