AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2016-08-06, 13:46   Link #161
FlamingMangos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
I like a leak sometimes because I can listen to the album ahead of time and determine if it's worth a buy or if I'll grab individual songs on Amazon.

Listening to Absolute zero θ Nova tick is... less of a good song than I originally believed; it doesn't have the power of the first OP which is sad. And I believe I'd like a Freyja and Mikumo only version of Ruin of pure heart; because it's not as powerful when Reina is the one with the "I love you" lyric... maybe because I've re-watched episode 18 so many times... And I hope there is an acoustic version of The wind blows without notice (insert song in episode 16) because I like it more when it was a Freyja only song and she sang it without music in the background. Will listen to the solos later.
I believe songs with animated scenes will always appear a lot more powerful to you.
FlamingMangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 13:54   Link #162
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingMangos View Post
I believe songs with animated scenes will always appear a lot more powerful to you.
No.
My issue with Ruin of Pure Heart is because Reina (in this full version) is singing the lyric Freyja sings in episode 18 to Hayate. It's because I'm used to hearing the version in episode 18 (where only Mikumo and Freyja are singing past the 1min marker). Plus, Mikumo is downgraded on lyrics for the single version. Maybe an album version of it later will be everything I hoped; I'll live with this version for now though because it's still catchy.
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 13:59   Link #163
Thess

I absolutely love the second ending.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 15:33   Link #164
Gravitas Free Zone

Listened to the thing that should come out in 4 days.

Hametsu no Junjou's full version is pretty catchy. It's probably the brass.

I thought the part in Episode 18 where Mikumo repeats "Junjou" as all hell breaks loose was going to be an item particular to the episode (as they've done diegetic touches like that before), but it really is part of the song itself.

Edited to add:

The intro to "The Wind Blows Without Notice" reminds me of "The Real Folk Blues."

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2016-08-06 at 20:40. Reason: Added
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 21:16   Link #165
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
I thought the part in Episode 18 where Mikumo repeats "Junjou" as all hell breaks loose was going to be an item particular to the episode (as they've done diegetic touches like that before), but it really is part of the song itself.
The problem is, it's the only bit that even sounds a little like the anime version. Because, as I pointed out earlier, Reina singing the "I love you" lyric which in episode 18 Freyja sings is conflicting at first because of her accent (it's almost like she's singing an English song) and lower voice...

And no one can best Mikumo singing an acoustic of it to overheat the ruins.

It's kind of like when we learned What 'bout my star? @Formo in Frontier was to have a Ranka only version for release too only... we never received one. Because sometimes it is nice when they release solos. However, in Mikumo and Freyja's case, I'd love a duet only of Ruin of Pure Heart because it'd fit with their rivalry for singing (plus their the only ones who make it past the 1st chorus in episode 18 so there might be a version for that later).

Last edited by HirouKeimou; 2016-08-06 at 21:34.
Old 2016-08-07, 04:18   Link #166
Gravitas Free Zone

I think they'll release more versions. Sales have been good for everything else so far.

I do like hearing more ensemble work from the group as a whole, even if it deviates from the song's context.
Old 2016-08-07, 05:03   Link #167
HirouKeimou

On another note, I wonder if Delta will copy Frontier on its final battle song being a mashup of other Delta songs. I'd love to see how they'd mashup some of the less fitting songs.
Old 2016-08-07, 11:56   Link #168
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
Reminder to all that the ED song used in the new EP is 風は予告なく吹く

Which is part of the new released album.
Old 2016-08-14, 09:28   Link #169
Jingdot
Hoina!

We will get Walküres second album soon! It's called "Walküre Trap!" and will release on September 28. It will feature 12 songs including the second opening

The songs are:
Quote:
「おにゃの子☆girl」「Absolute 5」「絶対零度θノヴァティック」「God Bless You」 「LOVE!THUNDER GLOW」「Silent Hacker」「破滅の純情〜Mikumo Solo〜」「Hear The Universe」「涙目爆発音」「ワルキューレのバースデイソング」「風は予告なく吹く〜Freyja Solo〜」
We will get a Mikumo solo for Hametsu no Junjou and a Freyja solo for the wind blows unnoticed <3 Hear the universe was that one song in episode 17 with Bogue cursing at Walküre again right? I can't wait for this album! Seems like we will finally get Reinas solo too

Spoiler for Source:
Jingdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 11:46   Link #170
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

^ Hametsu no Junjou solo for Mikumo!!

(cue me fangasming until 9/28)

So far Macross Delta sure has good songs. So many albums but totally good songs. I've been looping Hametsu ever since it released.
Old 2016-08-14, 13:10   Link #171
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thousand Mistress View Post
^ Hametsu no Junjou solo for Mikumo!!

(cue me fangasming until 9/28)

So far Macross Delta sure has good songs. So many albums but totally good songs. I've been looping Hametsu ever since it released.
I take it you like Hametsu no Junjou , then again so do I.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 13:21   Link #172
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
I take it you like Hametsu no Junjou , then again so do I.
Yeah I thought at first it wasn't good but I had it wrong. Mikumo sounds good in that song. Even better than Ikenai.

Also the melody.
And the lyrics.
Right I gotta stop fangasming.

Hmmm, in regards to their albums, Delta has probably the most out of all the Macross series. Frontier only has 3 right? Walkure currently has 3 + one soundtrack iirc.
Old 2016-08-14, 13:37   Link #173
Gravitas Free Zone

"Hametsu no Junjou" and "Love! Thunder Grow" make a nice pair.

Quantity of albums:

Delta has the Love! Halation THE WAR" single, the first OP/ED single (with "Ikenai Borderline", the first soundtrack, Walküre Attack!, and the second OP/ED single (with "The Wind Blows Without Notice" and multiple versions of "Giraffe Blues").

Upcoming are the second soundtrack and Walküre Trap!.

Frontier (series) had the "Triangular" OP single (with a bonus song that I don't even remember), the "Diamond Crevasse/Iteza Gogo Kuji" ED single, the "Seikan Hikou" (and other Ranka songs) single, the "Lion/Northern Cross" ED single, two soundtrack albums, and the Nyan Tama double vocal album.

...so it might be better to compare by counting individual songs. Someone else can do that.
Old 2016-08-14, 19:09   Link #174
Kazu-kun

So Love Thunder Grow isn't a Mikumo solo. That's a shame. I hope they'll release a solo version later on.
Old 2016-08-14, 19:59   Link #175
Mistyclear

^ Isn't Love! Thunder Grow Mikumo's character song?? Isn't it solo??
Old 2016-08-15, 05:49   Link #176
Jingdot
Hoina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So Love Thunder Grow isn't a Mikumo solo. That's a shame. I hope they'll release a solo version later on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
^ Isn't Love! Thunder Grow Mikumo's character song?? Isn't it solo??
I think it's definitely Mikumo's character/Solo Song. Silent Hacker is Reinas character song after all and she's singing it solo too - they didn't put a "Reina Solo" beside it because it's already known as her own Song. Freyjas Rune-Song didn't have a Freyja Solo beside it either so I think we're safe with Love! Thunder Grow/Glow(is it Glow as it is written in the song list on the japanese site? Or did they make a mistake and it's Grow? Then again I think Glow makes more sense??).

Songs like Giraffe Blues and Hametsu no Junjou are known as "Walküre Songs" that every member participates in, so writing a specific person beside it that sings it solo makes sense. Songs that are already known as Solos from the anime don't need it, I believe.

But the even bigger question is: Why can't we get a Kaname Solo for Giraffe Blues
Jingdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 09:11   Link #177
Gravitas Free Zone

It's "Grow" in the ED.
Old 2016-08-16, 18:27   Link #178
Gravitas Free Zone

And... Walküre Attack! is gold, baby.
Old 2016-08-17, 02:10   Link #179
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Not gonna lie it's been getting heavy play in my car.
Old 2016-08-19, 13:34   Link #180
Mistyclear

To be honest I'm wondering why Reina's solo is only now just being released. Is it because Makina's solo had yet to appear? It can't be because of releasing all their character songs in one go considering Freyja's Rune ga Pikatto Hikattara and Kaname's Axia have already been released.