AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-09-17, 02:31   Link #581
zztop

I was so certain the battle against the Efiolg would be drawn out over eps 24-26...

Do you think Kuromukuro will ever address the mystery of who or what the Efidolg race truly are? Because if what we've seen so far is just a brainwashed clone army of the Efidolg's subjects...
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 05:59   Link #582
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 24:
It's a miracle to see "Sebastian" Mozuki alive! Also, looks like the Gezon-Reco Frontier Force has been defeated, but it appears that Efidolg will send a Reform Fleet at normal speed even though the hinge stone is deactivated.

Still, I wish the mystery surrounding Efidolg will be answered on the last two episodes instead of dragging the conflict on for all eternity!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 08:54   Link #583
DMurphy

Wait, does 224 revolutionary cycles mean 224 revolutions around the sun (so, years) or 224 revolutions of the earth (so, days)?

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 16:28   Link #584
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Wait, does 224 revolutionary cycles mean 224 revolutions around the sun (so, years) or 224 revolutions of the earth (so, days)?
Wouldn't the latter be a rotation and not a revolution? A revolution involves moving around an object with it at the center. If the Efidolg use correct terminology, then it should be years.
Old 2016-09-17, 22:42   Link #585
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Efidolg will invade in 224 years? Well, if they keep their pace of technological progress (which is quite slow), be prepared to face an army of Gundams and to be kicked in the ass in the future . And they better blame themselves for that blunder coz, yes, humans can progress that much and that fast when push comes to shove. On the other hand, looks like Efidolg is still on the state of comfort and has no massive technological progress since Ken’s time hundreds of years ago. Somebody need to wake up Efidolg’s R&D department .

As for Sebastion being alive, I’m not really surprised since this is the second time PAW pulled this stunt after Bandana-kid and Cam-kid somehow avoid fatal injuries from massive explosion (twice). But unlike the first case, I’m glad with this turn of events coz Sebastian is a lot more fun than those kids. I was more surprised with his thick beard. Normally, there’s no way a man can grow that thick beard in just days. This looks like “Thomas Jane’s Punisher’s sudden-beard”-case all over again. How many time has gone since the Gezon-Reco’s big siege anyway?

Anyway, this is a good episode overall. It has good fights (the boss mech reminds me of that "origami-armed" angel from Evangelion), Muetta able to get her mech back, and Zeru is not dead (yet) which I like. And that reveal that Lefil was from his race (species?) makes him even more comparable to Piccolo/Kami from DBZ.

Oh, and I would've laugh with the "mom addressing the death flag"-joke, but I didn't because I've seen funnier joke on death flags in Argevollen (and Majestic Prince too IIRC) before this.
Old 2016-09-18, 10:57   Link #586
Uribatake

Mmm, does that mean there will be a 224-year timeskip next episode? I can't imagine how Earth could beat Efidolg's full forces, so maybe they'll just be like "well, that's a problem for our descendants 224 years from now". Sucks to be them.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 13:06   Link #587
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Wouldn't the latter be a rotation and not a revolution? A revolution involves moving around an object with it at the center. If the Efidolg use correct terminology, then it should be years.
Ehhhh. Well. 'Revolution' to describe a planet spinning would be a valid use of the term - to have a revolution is just to revolve, or to turn around a central axis, and the Earth has a central axis. So we can talk about 'the revolution of the planets around the sun' (as in, planets moving around the central axis of the sun) or 'a single revolution of the earth' (as in, one turn of the earth about its own central axis).

You're getting into slightly archaic territory if you use the latter, but it's technically valid, at least.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 19:11   Link #588
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I guess we'll have to wait to find out exactly how long that is. Doesn't necessarily mean the revolutions of Earth. They'd probably use some standardized orbit so they wouldn't get confused going to other worlds. Regardless...that does sound like a pretty long time.

If humanity stays on top of it and prepares properly then they should be able to defend the planet just fine. That's more than enough time for some massive leaps forward technologically. Of course this is humanity so we might slack off until there's only 20-30 years before the aliens arrive . But yeah, if nothing else I'm also going to presume those guys will show up and be annihilated by an army of Gundams .

Is a bit silly that Sebastian survived, but this show has refused to kill good guys before. If those idiots can survive this long then a badass butler should be able to.

Well...at least Ken proposed . Good laughs from the embarrassment they faced when realizing basically everyone heard their chatter .
Old 2016-09-18, 23:12   Link #589
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I guess we'll have to wait to find out exactly how long that is. Doesn't necessarily mean the revolutions of Earth. They'd probably use some standardized orbit so they wouldn't get confused going to other worlds. Regardless...that does sound like a pretty long time.

If humanity stays on top of it and prepares properly then they should be able to defend the planet just fine. That's more than enough time for some massive leaps forward technologically. Of course this is humanity so we might slack off until there's only 20-30 years before the aliens arrive . But yeah, if nothing else I'm also going to presume those guys will show up and be annihilated by an army of Gundams .
Well something we forgot as this show went on due to gravity tech advances Earth is preparing to colonize Mars. Pretty much what Yukina wrote on her career plan. Her teacher felt she is too dumb to be a pioneer.

The UN or its successor will likely switch towards militarization and colonization in the coming centuries. Outpost around the solar system to detect Efidolg fleet movements.

Quote:
Is a bit silly that Sebastian survived, but this show has refused to kill good guys before. If those idiots can survive this long then a badass butler should be able to.
To be fair Shemi ejecting from GAUS-3 is a good indication of the GAUS escape system. So yeah it s believable he survived.

Quote:
Well...at least Ken proposed . Good laughs from the embarrassment they faced when realizing basically everyone heard their chatter .
Mom doesn't want them marrying right out of high school and Yukina getting pregnant with a baby so soon. Making her a grandma.

She already pulled strings for the Mars colonization expedition dammit!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 06:16   Link #590
Qikz

Invading in 224 years? Meh, not their problem. Leave that for another generation to deal with.

Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 08:39   Link #591
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

I'm concerned with what Zeru told Tom before piloting the Long-Arm/Raion (the throwing away your humanity talk). We've seen the benefits of the nanomachines with Ken's hyper healing but is that all there is to it?
Old 2016-09-19, 09:50   Link #592
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
I'm concerned with what Zeru told Tom before piloting the Long-Arm/Raion (the throwing away your humanity talk). We've seen the benefits of the nanomachines with Ken's hyper healing but is that all there is to it?
I hope the show doesn't go into Valvrave territory with that plot-point...........wait, I think it will actually make the show more interesting!
Old 2016-09-19, 11:51   Link #593
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I hope the show doesn't go into Valvrave territory with that plot-point...........wait, I think it will actually make the show more interesting!
Space vampires?
How 'bout immortality (the "won't die unless killed" variety)? Fast forward 200+ years later and we'll see Ken, Yukina, Tom, Muetta, and even Zeru become the forerunners of Earth's defense vs Efidolg's fleet.
Old 2016-09-19, 19:23   Link #594
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh god please no, one Valverape was bad enough. Hopefully if there will be more seasons they go the into Majestic Prince or Gundam territory instead.
Old 2016-09-19, 20:19   Link #595
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
Space vampires?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Oh god please no, one Valverape was bad enough. Hopefully if there will be more seasons they go the into Majestic Prince or Gundam territory instead.
Well, in PAW’s hands, the concept might be used better and there will be no rapey-rapey .
Old 2016-09-22, 13:25   Link #596
coded321
He Who Games

i really hope this series doesn't follow the glasslip ending...
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 01:49   Link #597
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 16:31   Link #598
magnuskn

Wait, so this wasn't the last episode? Huh. How many episodes will this series have in total?
Old 2016-09-23, 16:35   Link #599
coded321
He Who Games

^next one is supposed to be the last episode
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 07:14   Link #600
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 25:
So it seems that Efidolg got some opposition. Glad that there are people standing up against tyranny, but there's no indication on what happened to the planet Efidolg.

Meanwhile, I can't believe that Kennosuke will leave Yukina-chan behind in order to travel to space together with Muetta and Zeringer. Where's your proposal, Kennosuke-dono!?

In any case, I'll have to find that one out on the last episode.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem