AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2016-11-27, 04:46   Link #2841
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well, it's certainly not the first time a Sunrise character's death has been retconned so he can come back. And Lelouch is far more popular than Mwu. They plain reanimated his scene in the special so they could bring him back.
Old 2016-11-27, 05:15   Link #2842
DeliriousEagle

Eh not really hard to say he lived if they go with him being the cart driver.
DeliriousEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 05:20   Link #2843
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Maybe he did die and this is him coming back from the dead.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 06:23   Link #2844
Xander

Interesting. Since they are making compilation movies with new changes, in way they are indirectly remaking the Code Geass story from the ground up before the sequel is made.

This could turn out poor, mediocre or good, but only future information will be able to confirm exactly what they are planning to do with this concept. Beyond making money, naturally.

You could say my interest in the sequel will depend on whether or not these changes are an improvement over the original broadcast version in a way that works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Maybe he did die and this is him coming back from the dead.
That is a possibility. I can only imagine most people would prefer that to the "cart driver theory" after all. It would be less controversial, at least on paper.

Last edited by Xander; 2016-11-27 at 07:08.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 06:35   Link #2845
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Interesting. Since they are making compilation movies with new changes, in way they are indirectly remaking the Code Geass story from the ground up before the sequel is made.
Sunrise made compilation movies all the time with their Gundam property and yet the one considered canon is still the TV series. So I don't think compilation movies will mean much.
Old 2016-11-27, 06:58   Link #2846
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
That is a possibility. I can only imagine most people would prefer that to the "cart driver theory" after all. It would be less controversial, at least on paper.
I am a split on Lelouch coming back in an after-Zero Requiem sequel. Really hope they don't try to cut corners but rather come up with a convincing theory how he survived (or what I prefer) came back from the dead.

Oh, but one thing I am looking forward to with a post-Zero Requiem world? Nunna-chan with her blue eyes.
Old 2016-11-27, 07:06   Link #2847
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Sunrise made compilation movies all the time with their Gundam property and yet the one considered canon is still the TV series. So I don't think compilation movies will mean much.
A valid point in other cases. But in this one, we have two new details:

1. Code Geass already has two older compilations of the TV series with no changes. See Special Editions Black Rebellion and Zero Requiem.

2. They will be showing these compilations before the sequel is available. Meaning, they want the fans to check out the new scenes.

The only reason why they would make a different set of compilation movies would be if they want to make more important changes in order to set up the sequel in a way that wasn't possible with the TV series as it stands today.

That allows fans to either stick with the TV series or, if possible, accept the "retelling" from the recaps and the sequel following from them.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 07:17   Link #2848
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

More Nunnally-chan! Yay!

Wonder if she'll still be as cute 10 years on.
Old 2016-11-27, 07:22   Link #2849
KusaSan

Good and I didn't know that they edited the scene with the cart driver
KusaSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 07:23   Link #2850
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Clones. I'm calling it now. Clone hijinks.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 08:53   Link #2851
Zero Gravity
~

I'm okay with Lelouch being brought back, but he damn well better be revived as the title suggests as opposed to simply 'surviving' ZR. The idiotic cart driver babble was put down years ago. Not only did that theory not make any sense plot wise and cheapen ZR even more, but the creators specifically spoke out against it.
Old 2016-11-27, 09:32   Link #2852
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The king returns. ;_;

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 10:56   Link #2853
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Oh, it's on now.

It is freaking ON!

I shall certainly be keeping an eye out for this. More C.C. and Lelouch and Kallen - I'm cool with that.
Old 2016-11-27, 11:03   Link #2854
Zero Gravity
~

I also hope it really is on the order of 10 years after ZR. The older I get, I've grown a little uncomfortable with the notion that I'm now 27 and I'm still attracted to a character who is 18.
Old 2016-11-27, 12:59   Link #2855
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
I also hope it really is on the order of 10 years after ZR. The older I get, I've grown a little uncomfortable with the notion that I'm now 27 and I'm still attracted to a character who is 18.
The info said something like a few years. Like 2 or something similar. They won't make characters too old anyway. 2-5 years timeskip at max.
Old 2016-11-27, 14:33   Link #2856
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

What a pleasant surprise. Well, can't say I wasn't expecting this in the first place. With the attention the 10th anniversary was getting, Sunrise was basically screaming at us "hey, we're gonna do a new [anime] project".

I put [anime] in brackets because I wasn't sure if it'd actually be an anime or not. I was half expecting an Akito pachinko. I'm just glad the big announcement turned out to be an anime project and not a pachinko machine...

Also, I'm quite fine with Lelouch being alive, after all, I was one of those guys who absolutely refused to believe that he was dead. So when I saw the post confirming that he'll be protagonist on the new project, I actually fist pumped. lol

As for my thoughts on the new compilation movies, so long as it's presented in a consistent and non-contradictory manner, I'll be fine with that as well. Tbh, I don't care that much about how Lelouch's survival/revival is handled. So long as it's believable and doesn't alter the original story to a noticeable degree, I'm fine with that. There have been far worse survivals that were glossed over or forgotten about altogether before. I mean, Look at Guilford and Nunnally's survival in R2 after FLEIJA hit the settlement. Nunnally's survival is more believable because it happened off-screen, so we don't actually know how they pulled it off and it was simply written off as Schneizel beating them to the punch (cop out much?). But how the hell did Guilford survive it? He literally fell back into the explosion ffs.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2016-11-27 at 14:52. Reason: Grammar
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 15:42   Link #2857
Xenomorph555
Verified Kurumi Clone

We're getting more Code Geass-Nice

We're getting more Lelouch-Even better

We're getting more best girl Kallen (all grown up now)-Perfect

Dis gonna be good
Xenomorph555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 16:47   Link #2858
GundamFan0083

I cannot say this surprises me in the least.

Here is the animelist article on it.

Quote:
At the Code Geass 10th anniversary event on Sunday, it was announced that the series will be receiving a new anime. Titled Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Revival), the new anime will take place a few years after the events of Zero Requiem. In addition, a three-part compilation film series of the previous Code Geass anime has been planned for January 2017. The voices will be redubbed for the movies, which will also include new scenes.

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch is an original anime series produced by Sunrise, directed by Gorou Taniguchi with original character designs by manga artist group CLAMP, which aired in 25 episodes between October 2006 and July 2007. A sequel titled Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 was subsequently developed due to the immense popularity of the first season, also airing in 25 episodes between April 2008 and September 2008. An OVA Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland was released in July 2012. A spin-off movie series titled Boukoku no Akito was announced in April 2010, which screened in 5 parts from July 2012 to February 2016. The series was initially licensed by Bandai Entertainment for North American distribution before FUNimation re-licensed it in August 2013.

Official site: http://geass.jp/lelouch_10th/

https://myanimelist.net/news/48730830

I do not see Okouchi's name anywhere in this, so I wonder if this is Taniguchi's version/vision of Code Geass. I always have wondered about what Taniguichi meant when he told NewType about the ending being what you make of it or you decide (or something to that effect).
Old 2016-11-27, 18:39   Link #2859
ShifuGamer

I just got the news that there is a new direct sequel of Code Geass season 2 is coming. But has it been 100% confirmed that Lelouch is alive? Or are we just speculating that he might make a return?
ShifuGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 19:07   Link #2860
Xenomorph555
Verified Kurumi Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShifuGamer View Post
I just got the news that there is a new direct sequel of Code Geass season 2 is coming. But has it been 100% confirmed that Lelouch is alive? Or are we just speculating that he might make a return?
It's been confirmed that Lelouch is the main protagonist. Make that as you will.
Xenomorph555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha