AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-12-15, 05:31   Link #821
Zefyris
図書館狼

By stealing from snow white, Ruler was simply trying to save Tama, and i nthe long run, the angels as well.
Old 2016-12-15, 07:57   Link #822
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That somehow justifies it? If she was a decent person she'd just help everyone get candies the normal way.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-15, 08:37   Link #823
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That somehow justifies it? If she was a decent person she'd just help everyone get candies the normal way.
Not really, she holds a grudge towards her mentor Calamity Mary so she knew not every MG out there was a good person.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-15, 08:51   Link #824
Spica

Nemurin! Damn you.

Also Is Nemurin wondering about Swin Swin?
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-15, 09:02   Link #825
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

That moment when the tittle appears and the music stops.
Old 2016-12-15, 10:43   Link #826
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Not really, she holds a grudge towards her mentor Calamity Mary so she knew not every MG out there was a good person.
And that somehow justifies killing people who have done nothing wrong?
Old 2016-12-15, 10:59   Link #827
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
And that somehow justifies killing people who have done nothing wrong?
She didn't order to kill though, her target was to steal from Snow White who had an abnormal candy gain even if her candies get fully stolen she still wouldn't be dead last.
Old 2016-12-15, 13:50   Link #828
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

She literally wanted Snow White to die. She keeps a bunch of easily manipulable kids around that she can boss around while they look up to her. The idea that her worst trait is being tsundere is laughable. Not to mention that tsundere already are terrible people.
Old 2016-12-15, 14:06   Link #829
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Except she has no idea if they're kids unlike you.
Old 2016-12-15, 14:10   Link #830
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm not sure how that's relevant. She surrounds herself with weak willed underlings because she is arrogant and feels entitled, and her real life peers and bosses don't accept her bullshit.
Old 2016-12-15, 14:53   Link #831
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
She was already doing it as shown.
I never said it justifies it, but I'm pretty sure that killing to protect someone isn't the same as killing for the sake of killing or for your own benefits.
If the law allow peoples top fight back to protect themselves, there's a reason. Here Ruller wasn't even trying to protect herself, but someone else that she was considering in her charge.
Consider here that no matter if she does something or not, someone will die each week. Then all she was doing is protecting her side by making sure the one killed is someone else. That's perfectly understandable.

Her action here isn't to try to kill someone, but to shift the person that will die to someone that isn't on her side. As a matter of fact, her action had no goal nor result to increase the number of people dying. So saying she was tryuing to kill someone is quite inappropriate.

She never tried to kill snow white. The one killing snow white would have been FA-B here.

Compare Ruler's motive and action to most of the cast, and she isn't especially bad compared to lot of them.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2016-12-15 at 15:04.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-15, 17:53   Link #832
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
The problem is that she resulted to using underhanded means in order to survive when she didn't have to. She and her team could have just as easily buckled down and went into a magical girl frenzy of helping people to gain candies the honest way. This is why your comparison of her killing or in this case stealing to protect others doesn't hold up, because nothing was preventing her from doing it the right way.
Old 2016-12-15, 17:56   Link #833
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

I agree with Zefyris here.

Is she a perfect person? No. No one on this show is perfect. But compared to most of the people on this show Ruler isn not such a bad person.

Ruler is literally the ONLY person who didn't give up on Tama.
Old 2016-12-16, 14:03   Link #834
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
The problem is that she resulted to using underhanded means in order to survive when she didn't have to. She and her team could have just as easily buckled down and went into a magical girl frenzy of helping people to gain candies the honest way. This is why your comparison of her killing or in this case stealing to protect others doesn't hold up, because nothing was preventing her from doing it the right way.
I'm afraid I can't agree with that. Trying to make someone who is last place in candies above last place is exactly the same, it's switching the death to someone else. On top of this, they were already trying their best and it wasn't working for tama and the angels, as shown by the numbers. That "game" was clearly unfair from the start as some magical girls had far more advantage than other. Anyone grouping around SW would be guaranteed of never being last until only that group reminded.
Ruler resorted to stealing because she correctly interpreted the added rule that day, that "peoples that have a disadvantage to gather candy have the possibility to steal them instead to survive". This revokes the previous unfairness. It's not Ruler's fault that the one with the less candy is killed each week. All she can do is try to avoid her own side to get hit by that. And that what she did.

Say what you want, but she didn't kill anyone, didn't try to kill anyone either (she could have easily killed snow white back there), and tried her best to save her underlings who were in danger of dying.
Old 2016-12-17, 00:20   Link #835
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Agreed.

I think some people on this thread are being too easy on Ruler. Snow White's a very good and very helpful person who didn't deserve to be targeted by Ruler the way that she was. If Ruler was going to target someone, why not target an actual trouble-maker in Calamity Mary? A lot of lives might have been saved that way.

Ruler is a humanized antagonist, which is more than I can say for Calamity Mary and maybe a couple other main cast members here, but Ruler's getting too much credit for simply having a positive side to her character. She essentially did try to kill someone. By picking a particular target it is no longer something she can just pass off on Fav, in my view.

Plus, it's not like Ruler showed the least amount of regret or sadness over her actions. She was smug about her plan to kill Snow White (and yes, that is what it essentially amounts to, and Ruler is well-aware of that). Ruler was completely unapologetic over her actions, she in fact was proud of them, and she didn't show any empathy whatsoever for the person that she had targeted for death. That's very bad and nasty, in my view.
Old 2016-12-17, 01:20   Link #836
rladls2121

To me it looked like Ruler helped Tama with studying is not for the sake of Tama herself, but Ruler's own benefit and same for teaching many things to Swim-swim.
It seemed to me like Ruler just wants to use other people to help her stay on top.
Ruler maybe did not fully trust her own "subjects as she hides some of the facts of her powers.

Ruler decided she wants the most of the candies for herself way more than others after all to ensure her survival.
Just listen to Ruler's attitude towards her "subjects" after they stole some of Snow Whites candies when some of them thought if they are dividing the stolen candies equally.

Tama's thinking about good sides Ruler at that last moment, did not change my impressions one bit.
Of course Tama feels grateful about that, it is true at she got help after all.
But I'm still unsure of the real reasons behind those actions.
Ruler's attitudes towards other people who doesn't agree with her, she just thinks of them as idiots who doesn't understands her brilliance, though that is normal I guess.
I don't think Ruler is a bad person, but I do feel unpleasant.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 02:42   Link #837
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
I'm afraid I can't agree with that. Trying to make someone who is last place in candies above last place is exactly the same, it's switching the death to someone else. On top of this, they were already trying their best and it wasn't working for tama and the angels, as shown by the numbers. That "game" was clearly unfair from the start as some magical girls had far more advantage than other. Anyone grouping around SW would be guaranteed of never being last until only that group reminded.
Ruler resorted to stealing because she correctly interpreted the added rule that day, that "peoples that have a disadvantage to gather candy have the possibility to steal them instead to survive". This revokes the previous unfairness. It's not Ruler's fault that the one with the less candy is killed each week. All she can do is try to avoid her own side to get hit by that. And that what she did.

Say what you want, but she didn't kill anyone, didn't try to kill anyone either (she could have easily killed snow white back there), and tried her best to save her underlings who were in danger of dying.
The rule was that candies could be transferred amongst the magical girls. What Ruler did was exploit a loophole (the rule never stated that the transfer had to be consensual among both parties), which I know was Fav's point all along. But there's a difference between following the actual rules of an unfair game, and the resulting death being on the head of the game master, and some one making a choice to exploit an obvious loophole to get ahead at the expense of someone else, even if the game is unfair. Basically, what you're implying is that if the honest way doesn't work it's quite alright to exploit loopholes for your own benefit, and throw other people under the bus. Someone has to die anyway, so as long as it's not me and my own, it's all good. I gotta agree with Triple R, that's just nasty behavior.
Old 2016-12-17, 03:16   Link #838
rladls2121

Although I disagree with Ruler's actions, I don't blame her for being able to execute that kind of plan against Snow White.

"Someone has to die anyway".

That's right, that is exactly why Snow White didn't want to do anything.
She may knew a very little, but she knew that the most important thing is someone is going to die after weeks later including her.
Someone still has to die whether people play by the rules or not.
Problem like this isn't something that can be solved by just rebelling against the problem itself.
It was at that moment they both stop thinking like "Magical Girls", they thought like normal human beings.
Of course, Sister Nana and Winterprison were actually doing something, but it looks like it the resistance was futile.
It was to the point that Ripple said to Snow White herself in person that she would stop being a Magical Girl.

Comparing Nemu's and Ruler's death back then, including these two, I never thought any of the remaining Magical Girls that deserves death this way.

Just what is a Magical Girl suppose to be anyway?
Isn't that just a girl that can use magic and be called magical because of its magic looking supernatural powers?

Last edited by rladls2121; 2016-12-17 at 04:44.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 06:40   Link #839
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Agreed.

I think some people on this thread are being too easy on Ruler. Snow White's a very good and very helpful person who didn't deserve to be targeted by Ruler the way that she was. If Ruler was going to target someone, why not target an actual trouble-maker in Calamity Mary? A lot of lives might have been saved that way.

Ruler is a humanized antagonist, which is more than I can say for Calamity Mary and maybe a couple other main cast members here, but Ruler's getting too much credit for simply having a positive side to her character. She essentially did try to kill someone. By picking a particular target it is no longer something she can just pass off on Fav, in my view.

Plus, it's not like Ruler showed the least amount of regret or sadness over her actions. She was smug about her plan to kill Snow White (and yes, that is what it essentially amounts to, and Ruler is well-aware of that). Ruler was completely unapologetic over her actions, she in fact was proud of them, and she didn't show any empathy whatsoever for the person that she had targeted for death. That's very bad and nasty, in my view.
And Tama isn't a good person maybe? The difference is SW can easily gather candies, Tama cannot. Is that a fair way to decide who die? If they attacked calamity Mary, they would have most probably all died -besides swimswim- that day. Not really a way to reduce the casualties or avoid casualties on her side. *smh*

She didn't kill nor tried to kill anyone.If this is considered trying to kill someone, then snow white by gathering candy is doing just the same, since it's pushing someone than her as the last place, and so is everyone else gathering as well (except Nemurin).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
To me it looked like Ruler helped Tama with studying is not for the sake of Tama herself, but Ruler's own benefit and same for teaching many things to Swim-swim.
It seemed to me like Ruler just wants to use other people to help her stay on top.
Ruler maybe did not fully trust her own "subjects as she hides some of the facts of her powers.

Ruler decided she wants the most of the candies for herself way more than others after all to ensure her survival.
Just listen to Ruler's attitude towards her "subjects" after they stole some of Snow Whites candies when some of them thought if they are dividing the stolen candies equally.

Tama's thinking about good sides Ruler at that last moment, did not change my impressions one bit.
Of course Tama feels grateful about that, it is true at she got help after all.
But I'm still unsure of the real reasons behind those actions.
Ruler's attitudes towards other people who doesn't agree with her, she just thinks of them as idiots who doesn't understands her brilliance, though that is normal I guess.
I don't think Ruler is a bad person, but I do feel unpleasant.
How does that change the fact that she took care of her underlings?
If someone save a live, does the motive changes the fact that a live was saved?

Quote:
The rule was that candies could be transferred amongst the magical girls. What Ruler did was exploit a loophole (the rule never stated that the transfer had to be consensual among both parties), which I know was Fav's point all along. But there's a difference between following the actual rules of an unfair game, and the resulting death being on the head of the game master, and some one making a choice to exploit an obvious loophole to get ahead at the expense of someone else, even if the game is unfair. Basically, what you're implying is that if the honest way doesn't work it's quite alright to exploit loopholes for your own benefit, and throw other people under the bus. Someone has to die anyway, so as long as it's not me and my own, it's all good. I gotta agree with Triple R, that's just nasty behavior.
That wasn't a loophole but the whole reason of the change. A loophole wouldn't be intentional from the person who wrote the rules.
btw the moment you choose to gather candy, you're already putting the death on someone else.
Old 2016-12-17, 12:39   Link #840
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Seriously?

Going after Calamity Mary would only end with them dying, like Zefyris said.

If they had to target someone, better that it was someone harmless who would be able to make up the loss.

Quote:
She essentially did try to kill someone. By picking a particular target it is no longer something she can just pass off on Fav, in my view.
In the end, the one pulling the trigger is still Fav. Ruler simply tried to ensure it wasn't anyone on her side getting killed. I won't say it's praiseworthy, but it is understandable.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle royale, magical girl, mahou shoujo, tragedy