AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-12-13, 19:11   Link #21
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Another series licensed by Sentai: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-anime/.109866
Old 2017-01-22, 13:44   Link #22
Dextro
He Without a Title

Well that wasn't too bad actually. I'm with Triple_R and can definitely see where the studio picked up a lot of cues from Love Live to build their K-On inspired girls band story. I can already draw parallels to Honoka and Yui for the main character and I also see some trappings of Kanan in the baker girl and all that with some more than acceptable production values.

I'm game with this. It probably won't be memorable but it's a nice riff on a mix of genres I find particularly interesting.
Old 2017-01-22, 14:11   Link #23
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Well that wasn't too bad actually. I'm with Triple_R and can definitely see where the studio picked up a lot of cues from Love Live to build their K-On inspired girls band story. I can already draw parallels to Honoka and Yui for the main character and I also see some trappings of Kanan in the baker girl and all that with some more than acceptable production values.
Thanks! And yeah, this is also my take on BanG Dream's first episode. There's a few moments that remind me a lot of Love Live, and there's also a good helping of K-On inspiration here. The lead girl Kasumi does indeed seem to be a mix of Honoka and Yui, which is a good thing in my view, but it's also good that her overall character design is distinct enough to ensure she doesn't get caught in any character's shadow. Also, Saaya makes me think of a more mellow Eli Ayase - What Eli might have been if she never had student council President responsibilities, and possible school closure issues, weighing on her mind.

BanG Dream probably won't be as memorable as K-On or Love Live are, but it does a decent job of blending the two, and I'm definitely happy to see a decently competent show of this type. I'm certainly looking forward to more!