AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Prologue of Disturbance (Volume 21) Rating
Perfect 10 2 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-02-13, 23:26   Link #141
YbKWzNEb
Uninstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Can anyone translate this spoiler/summary?

From what i've understand Tatsuya is being targeted by both ally and enemy countries.
Old 2017-02-14, 00:25   Link #142
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Can anyone translate this spoiler/summary?

Thanks, that's quite nice summary.
Basically it's same with spoiler before but with nice wording and obviously clearer.

Yes, as @YbKWzNEb mentioned, Tatsuya was being isolated from inside and outside country.
Even 101 Magic Battalion distanced themselves because Tatsuya was officially member of Yotsuba of 10MC.

============
Hmm, if it's become like this, so the former friends will be enemy and Tatsuya's sole ally is Miyuki?
I think Leo and Erika definitely come to Tatsuya's side because those two really Tatsuya's friend. Both are simple and the most indifference with Tatsuya's status as Yotsuba after all.
Erika was already troubled by the fact from vol 11 though so after 5 volumes no wonder she had already overcame her shock
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 00:37   Link #143
Aika Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashilulu85 View Post
He goes to the young 10 mc meeting without miyuki.
How come Miyuki didnt attend such a gathering?
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 06:24   Link #144
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
How come Miyuki didnt attend such a gathering?
It's mentioned that Yotsuba's representative was Tatsuya.
Tatsuya was isolated due to his strong rejection for the proposal which I think it's logical decision.

Why Miyuki? Why not Mayumi? Why not Shiina? While I haven't read it yet I think Tatsuya would think it that way.
In Double 7 arc, (vol 12) Tatsuya already ruminated that being an entertainer has more downsides than advantages.
Old 2017-02-14, 08:18   Link #145
azarhal

I think Aika Natsume is wondering why the heiress to the Yotsuba didn't go to a formal meeting between the 10mc clan that was created to discuses 10mc clan matters between peers. From the few names I saw in spoilers, the other clans sent their heirs.

I only see Miyuki has a window dressing heir, so I'm not surprised she wasn't there personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaro kunn View Post
The series is reaching its climax. I would not be surprised if the rumors said that Vol 25 is the final volume turn out to be true.
It's going to be more than 25 volumes unless the authors says screw this and rush everything (which is quite possible, he does have a "blow it all up button" he can push and started a 3rd LN series).

The series has been stationary since the Visitor's arc really. In fact, this arc feels like The Visitor redux.
- USNA going after Tatusya = check
- JDF/10MC investigating Tatsuya and using an unwilling spy (Shiina, it was Nao Chiba in the Visitor arc) = check
- 10MC opposing Yotsuba/Tatsuya = check (Saegusa/Koudou in the Visitor's arc, here over using Miyuki as an idol)
- Erika sleeping at school = check

Our new "parasites" are most probably going to be Russians assassins going after Tatsuya next volume and I expect Saburou to be hurt which piss off Erika because "dojo disciple!".
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 10:00   Link #146
mashingan
魔神眼

I see, however I do think it's most natural decision though to send Tatsuya instead of Miyuki.

The topic of meeting was how to handling the surging movement from humanist. It was sensitive issue. Leaving aside Miyuki as a heir of Yotsuba, she was still 17, so her attendant there would be disadvantage for Miyuki specifically and Yotsuba generally.

Tatsuya, on the other hand, was already used to this kind of issue. Looking his personality, Tatsuya wouldn't bend/compromise his logical opinion under pressure of people.

And by current plot (according to spoiler though) that they would "use" Miyuki to somewhat pacify raging humanist, it's proven correct decision.

If by Miyuki alone, she would be pressed hard to "reject" the proposal when the other parties went with reasoning of "fulfilling a magician duty toward magicians". Of course, ultimately she would defer the decision to ask Tatsuya so in the end it would be same.
But when Miyuki that the one who rejected the proposal, no one would blame her

Also, Tatsuya was current Yotsuba's head clan "son" and "betrothed" of next Yotsuba's head clan. So it should double honour
Old 2017-02-14, 14:49   Link #147
Aika Natsume

hmmn im 50/50 about Miyuki being just the heir for show. We havent seen her true nature.
I thought Katsuto invited BOTH miyuki and tatsuya in the meeting so why would the Yotsuba only send Tatsuya? Was it an order from Maya?

Plus even if Miyuki is just the heir for show, she isnt that dumb i guess. And she could let Tatsuya accompany her since both of them were invited.

Sending Tatsuya could mean, its Maya and Miyuki's way to raise him up.
Its just sad saying Miyuki is the heir for show. Even if its true, well we just dont know what she truly thinks and how rude she is.
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 14:57   Link #148
AB079
Banned

^Miyuki doesn't give a f*** about being there just for the show, all what she wants is staying at Tatsuya's side forever.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 18:22   Link #149
bakato

There was a meeting of the younger generation fo the 10MC. No illustrations or names?
Old 2017-02-15, 17:16   Link #150
pampz21
ShipCore

So who's watching Erika sleep>? thats someone who have a great tatse; I mean a pervert. I wouldn't be surprise if its the new guy.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 19:06   Link #151
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
So who's watching Erika sleep>? thats someone who have a great tatse; I mean a pervert. I wouldn't be surprise if its the new guy.
Saburou finds Erika sleeping there and right when he's turning around to leave she calls out to him.
Old 2017-02-15, 19:41   Link #152
kouya rokuro

So? So? What did Erika say?
Crazyfrog, just a little spoiler pleasee~ 😍😍😍
kouya rokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 20:08   Link #153
kukumalu

Spoiler from discord by ��ジャンヌ・ダルク��

Spoiler:
kukumalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 21:19   Link #154
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukumalu View Post

Spoiler:
And with this all the rumors about Mahouka ending are now into the trash.

This is what people discussed a lot in the past, what will happen after the highscool and now we have the confirmation.

Personally I'm glad that Mahouka will continue in the University, is going to be interesting reading how everyone grow up in a different stage. Now Tatsuya and Miyuki will stay at the same level of the rest of the 10MC representatives like Juumonji or Mayumi, obviously with the rest of the cast.

For now the break point here is how Tatsuya is getting cornered in his position as head of the Yotsuba's and how that's going to affect the balance not only in Japan, in the world. I wonder what's Maya planning right now, she's not going to stay in the shadows for long time considering how her mind works.
Old 2017-02-15, 23:06   Link #155
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by YbKWzNEb View Post
From what i've understand Tatsuya is being targeted by both ally and enemy countries.
This is another reason I love this series, they've handled an overpowered protagonist correctly by showing that having to much power can be both a blessing and a liability. Sure, Tatsuya can overcome any obstacle in battle, but that power can't overcome politics or social issues and this volume seems to show that well.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 05:25   Link #156
pashilulu85
Est

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
For now the break point here is how Tatsuya is getting cornered in his position as head of the Yotsuba's and how that's going to affect the balance not only in Japan, in the world. I wonder what's Maya planning right now, she's not going to stay in the shadows for long time considering how her mind works.
I think Maya will reveal tatsuya to the world before the end of the arc.
pashilulu85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 08:18   Link #157
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
That would lead to such an awkward moment at the dojo later, because new guy is Erika's disciple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
And with this all the rumors about Mahouka ending are now into the trash.
They were kinda right. What the afterword says is that the author originally planned to change the series title [after the 3rd year] but he can't now because the series is too well known with the current one.
Old 2017-02-16, 10:23   Link #158
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
They were kinda right. What the afterword says is that the author originally planned to change the series title [after the 3rd year] but he can't now because the series is too well known with the current one.
Change the tittle isn't ending the series, that reminds me how SAO changed constantly the name LOL.
Old 2017-02-16, 10:58   Link #159
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukumalu View Post

Spoiler:
Sooooooooo Satroll is gonna relate Mayumi and the rest of third year again errr ok... Better than ending with a bunch a of new character...

Miyuki and Tatsuya are a must enter uni combo but I wonder about the rest (Erika, Leo, Miki, Mizuki). Do they really going to go to the same uni? Are we going to say goodbye to one of them or most of them? most of their screentime are coming from being relevant to Tatsuya at school and I love this circle of weed friends

I... I will burn u Satroll!
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 11:29   Link #160
azarhal

There is only two magicians related universities: Magic University (focus on research, magical engineering and practical skills) and the University of National Defense (focus on military career).

I don't see Mizuki or Miki at the National Defense University. Leo doesn't want to join the army (he wants to be a cop), so no National Defense for him either.

So that leaves Erika, but she might not care one bit about having a career, her Rosen inheritance probably made her very, very rich...