4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-02-26, 08:44   Link #41
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Lol everyone is pissed at Julieta, who is just doing her job.
What do you guys expect? She letting Tekkadan do whatever they want?
Old 2017-02-26, 08:46   Link #42
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Fuckin Rustal, man. I should've known he was gonna use those damn weapons.

And my heart hurts with Shino's loss. He didn't even get to go out in a glorious fiery blaze. It was a pitiful death.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 08:55   Link #43
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
No, not really. Just stating the fact that Julieta made Shino missed.
Old 2017-02-26, 08:58   Link #44
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Welcome to humanity. We have a habit of rooting for one side and booing the other. Both sides are doing their jobs, but that doesn't make you cheer for one side any less or get angry at the other side if they succeed and mess with the side that you've picked.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 08:59   Link #45
Raviel

Judging from the PV, Julietta threw her only remaining blade to stop Shino's shot.

If she dies next ep she will have effectively sacrificed herself to save Rustal and....*sigh*..............Iok.

On another note, is the Kimaris Vidar's lance actually a drill?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 09:03   Link #46
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post

On another note, is the Kimaris Vidar's lance actually a drill?
Yes it is. He also has drills in both his knees, which you saw him use this episode.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-26, 09:03   Link #47
dragon1412

with the ep out I'd say I'm not against what Rustal doing as a tactics, as pretty much the same as I said in AZ and IBO season 1, in war, everything goes, the point is, by doing this, any words coming from that guy mouth in the last episodes is pure BS, what Rustal doing is effectively put him on the lowest term in this battle in our POV, he is the very embodiment of what is wrong with GJ, as long as their face look clean, anything else in the dark goes.

as for SHino death, I'd not put my money on it now, reason being that the current battle is too disadvantageous for Tekkadan, and the best one to even it out is to keep Shino before he goes to create an explosion from Gundam frame, frankly, it's too hard for him to survived to the end.
dragon1412 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 09:09   Link #48
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherdraw View Post
Shino's death overshadowed a line of Akihiro's that really hit me. After Orga goes "All the money and girls will be yours." He just replies "Ain't got one, and don't need none!" Ouch...
Speaking of that line and Orga's speech. That choice of words was curious and ironic: after this battle you'll have all the women and money you could want. Considering that a big part of Tekkadan are kids who aren't even in their late teens to be interested in women and how the show (and the staff in their interviews) highlighted the fact that majority of the members have no idea how to even use money, you can't tell me this choice of words wasn't deliberate on the writers' part, to imply something. Akihiro's answer of "ain't got a woman, got no use for money" stresses it and makes it all the more ironic.

As to what's implied by that dispairity is up to a debate, I can think of a couple of possibilities, most prominent being that the rift in perception between Orga and his men points to Orga being driven by his own desires more than by the good of the group. Which is old news, because Orga had come to this anguished realization of himself not being entirely selfless or thinking only about his men's wellbeing in relation to his choice to pursue the King of Mars deal back in episode 37 during the aftermath of the MA battle. Mika had known about it waaaay before Orga realized it himself, and condoned - even demanded - Orga to be true to his desires no matter the circumstances (hence his glare when Orga tried to hold back on revenge after Naze's death).

Speaking of, Orga denoting his order for Mika to be vanguard for the breakthrough as "the last request" was jarring to my ears. Seriously, danchou, did you absolutely need to raise yet another death flag for yourself and Mika?

And the last thing I found curious. Zack and his reaction. He looked like he'd had enough of Tekkadan's craziness, so I'm thinking he might betray them somehow. Back when Hush was introduced, we talked a lot about how he would either have to change to conform to Tekkadan's mindset and way of doing things, becoming one of them, or he would find himself unable to which would lead to him betraying them. Surprisingly enough, Zack is at those crossroads right now. Besides, the original subplot devised for season 1 with a Tekkadan member betraying them has yet to be used, so what if this is where the creators decided to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherdraw View Post
With those two on the same ship, he'll focus on saving the Isaribi any chance that its in great danger.
Even if Atra's rating went up a bit, placing her somewhere between Orga and the rest of Tekkadan now, Mika will still focus on saving Orga first and foremost. Only after Orga is deemed safe, he will remember about Atra. That's how it's always been and will be as long as the two are alive, and Atra knows it. Orga and Eugene really need to put on those normal suits though because as they are now, they're dead even if it's not a direct hit on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
There's one thing that this episode made clear though: even real Dainsleif is no match against Iok's plot armor at its finest .
I laughed when Idiok jumped in front of Rustal to protect him against Shino's Dainsleif. In hindsight, I should've cried because Iok's plot armor really did protect Rustal, and a scare was all it cost him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Using that way? No. I'm sorry, but even if the idea was somewhat right - the execution was stupid. The only reason it almost got through - is because "muh plot".
The execution was the same as in season 1 in episode 19. It worked then, it worked now, so how is it surprising? Besides, it's clear that while McGillis' GH shares supplies with Tekkadan, they each are under separate command, cooperating only a little more than in the name only. So what else Tekkadan, with their two ships one of which was no longer usable as anything more than a shield, could have done? Nothing. What they did was already more than what could be expected out of them, and Rustal shitting his pants very much confirms it.

With your approach, this entire show is probably one big stupidity in which case I fail to understand why you are even watching it.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 09:32   Link #49
Irenesharda

I do have a question, because maybe I missed it. but, there's a point in which McGillis is out trying to rally his troops and we see him stuck in firing range of a bunch of dansleifs. They zoom in on his eyes to show both his surprise and alarm before the scene cuts.

Then later, he just shows up to face Gaelio like nothing happened. How did McGillis get out of that situation? Or did all the shots just miss?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-26, 09:37   Link #50
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I do have a question, because maybe I missed it. but, there's a point in which McGillis is out trying to rally his troops and we see him stuck in firing range of a bunch of dansleifs. They zoom in on his eyes to show both his surprise and alarm before the scene cuts.

Then later, he just shows up to face Gaelio like nothing happened. How did McGillis get out of that situation? Or did all the shots just miss?
Dodged the shots?

Woth Baels mobility and AV it should be a cakewalk

The real issue is that he ditched all those guys he was rallying, unless they managed to all get wiped out in that volley, which I find unlikely
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 09:46   Link #51
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Dodged the shots?

Woth Baels mobility and AV it should be a cakewalk

The real issue is that he ditched all those guys he was rallying, unless they managed to all get wiped out in that volley, which I find unlikely
I wonder why they didn't just show that though rather than cutting the scene?

And since we didn't see what happened, I can't say he "ditched" them, they probably went to fight somewhere else. It's not like he's going to take all of them back to face Gaelio. They're thin on forces as it is.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-26, 09:52   Link #52
NBG

Spoiler:
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 10:37   Link #53
thefreakmike

All here raging about Iok still being alive, while I am still mad that Hitler-stache is still hanging around somewhere else

A lot of unnecessary hate for Julieta though, anyone from Tekkadan would have done the exact same thing if the roles were reversed

Last edited by thefreakmike; 2017-02-26 at 11:28.
thefreakmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 10:53   Link #54
winters

It sucks for the Rustal spy but I am more curious to know how that guy actually managed to smuggle the dansleif along without anyone noticing. Even more spies in Mcgillis's faction?

Rustal wants to play on easy mode with super weapons enabled, nothing's wrong with that.

Juliette was doing her job, nothing's wrong with that.

Mcgillis, however, feels like a headless chicken without a direction for the whole episode.

/salute Shino

Now, who else is curious to see if any more calamity weapons will show up?
winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 11:00   Link #55
xeviouses

Gotta admit, the whole plan with Dainslef was a smart move from Rustal.

Damn, godspeed Shino and Flauros.

Now how the heck are they gonna win this?
Old 2017-02-26, 11:19   Link #56
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Gotta admit, the whole plan with Dainslef was a smart move from Rustal.

Damn, godspeed Shino and Flauros.

Now how the heck are they gonna win this?
Utter chaos hints something is going to happen on the moon that throws everything out of hand that causes the Arianhod fleet to break into confusion. Meanwhile Gaelio wants to settle the score with Mika and Bael once and for all with casualties throughout the battlefield.
Old 2017-02-26, 11:33   Link #57
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Speaking of that line and Orga's speech. That choice of words was curious and ironic: after this battle you'll have all the women and money you could want. Considering that a big part of Tekkadan are kids who aren't even in their late teens to be interested in women and how the show (and the staff in their interviews) highlighted the fact that majority of the members have no idea how to even use money, you can't tell me this choice of words wasn't deliberate on the writers' part, to imply something. Akihiro's answer of "ain't got a woman, got no use for money" stresses it and makes it all the more ironic.

As to what's implied by that dispairity is up to a debate, I can think of a couple of possibilities, most prominent being that the rift in perception between Orga and his men points to Orga being driven by his own desires more than by the good of the group.
But Orga has no more use for women and money than Akihiro does.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 11:42   Link #58
akumaten

"Their job. their job"
Gjalahorn's "job" thrives on hypocrisy. The majority of the problems are caused by them. At the end of it all, I want Gjalahorn to fall.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 11:54   Link #59
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

May be Orga will become the new head of Gjalahorn?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 11:57   Link #60
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post

As to what's implied by that dispairity is up to a debate, I can think of a couple of possibilities, most prominent being that the rift in perception between Orga and his men points to Orga being driven by his own desires more than by the good of the group. Which is old news, because Orga had come to this anguished realization of himself not being entirely selfless or thinking only about his men's wellbeing in relation to his choice to pursue the King of Mars deal back in episode 37 during the aftermath of the MA battle. Mika had known about it waaaay before Orga realized it himself, and condoned - even demanded - Orga to be true to his desires no matter the circumstances (hence his glare when Orga tried to hold back on revenge after Naze's death).

Speaking of, Orga denoting his order for Mika to be vanguard for the breakthrough as "the last request" was jarring to my ears. Seriously, danchou, did you absolutely need to raise yet another death flag for yourself and Mika?

And the last thing I found curious. Zack and his reaction. He looked like he'd had enough of Tekkadan's craziness, so I'm thinking he might betray them somehow. Back when Hush was introduced, we talked a lot about how he would either have to change to conform to Tekkadan's mindset and way of doing things, becoming one of them, or he would find himself unable to which would lead to him betraying them. Surprisingly enough, Zack is at those crossroads right now. Besides, the original subplot devised for season 1 with a Tekkadan member betraying them has yet to be used, so what if this is where the creators decided to use it.
I don't know, I think you might be disparaging Orga just a little more than he deserves. Like someone mentioned above, "women and money" aren't really Orga's desires either. That's something that Shino would want, or any of the older ones who are doing this to earn money. Yes, Naze questioned Orga about what this was all for, but when Orga double down on it being for his family so they can have better lives, Naze basically just said "ok". He even said so in his last speech to Orga before his death, reiterating that he was becoming King of Mars for his family and to therefore not worry about him but to take care of that family.

His speeches to his men have always been about maintaining morale and keeping up spirits even against horrible odds. He does this in all their battles unless they are ultra easy like the one against Jasley. Him talking about "women and money" is probably because he knows that's what some of his men would like to get out of this. Think Shino or young Danji from way back in season one. Sure people like Mika and Akihiro have no interest whatsoever, and so that wouldn't be aimed at them. For them, they fight for other reasons.

As for Zack, I'm not sure if there is time for him to do anything an it not be rushed. I honestly have to ask myself why he signed up for Tekkadan in the first place as he's actually been questioning them since we first saw his character and Akihiro told everyone they could leave anytime. And yes the situation is crazy, but constantly complaining while in the midst of battle isn't going to help any. If he wants to be constructive, go up to Orga and actually talk to him (not while he's in the middle of a battle though). Orga likes to hear what his men have to say. Tell him your thoughts and he can tell you his and have a discussion. Don't just stand around looking annoyed.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu