Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-06, 20:24   Link #101
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
hmm i was really talking about how he really look young sometimes and old others few times, if is that can make sense, but in the last episode where he was in the car with the guy he really looked "tall" or at last on the same size of the leader of the guardians, while when he was in the "mercenary" he look too young and small near to the others while in the op he looked the opposite more tall and old, or the japaneses are really too small and young look compared with others nations or it was really odd.
Well, I guess I could understand you. That episode started with this sequence:
Present Day -> 2 Years After

Which can be a bit confusing if you missed a part of the narrative.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 20:27   Link #102
Fencel

Well when you first see him as a mercenary, Kotarou's just a 17 year old puny Japanese kid next to grown adult men in their late 20s, 30s, and 40s. Of course he's going to look young in comparison. After he turns 18 there's a noticeable growth spurt and his face becomes more angular and sharp.

And his basic superpower doesn't allow him to "lose age." It just changes his appearance by concentrating blood into lymph nodes in his face, causing his face to swell up and make him look different. You can even see him with a bit of a stubble during the Gaia infiltration montage.

Rewrite is a completely different beast of a superpower. It uses his lifeforce to alter and strengthen his abilities. He can either give himself a big boost of power or a little at a time. He'd have to use a LOT of life force to get on the level of top-tier fighters like Esaka, which is why he's wary of using it. If he can get by without using the power, it's for the best, and he can save more of his life force for when he truly needs it, like last week's episode when he used the ability to strengthen himself so he could become fast enough to save Yasmin and the other kids.
Fencel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 20:42   Link #103
Blueknight78

hmm, really thanks for all the explanation and help, it's really odd how that serie could confuse me a lot with that many "suddenly(not proper called) flashbacks and switch between past and present and all timelines really that second season confused me a lot and really don't helped the fact which even with all that explanation about why he is so afraid still don't make me like more this version or even equal than his previous version, i really still prefer koutaro from the first season that this one.

he looked much more cool and a good fighter/hero and not so a weird lolicon as the currently one :P.
Old 2017-03-11, 12:46   Link #104
sasabit

Does anyone else feel like this this route would be much better without the romance? The "I get the feeling I can't leave her alone because she's connected to me somehow" seems like a pretty shallow reason to add the romantic elements into this season. The main reason Koutarou wanted to join Guardian in the first place was because he didn't have any direction or goal in life to motivate him to do anything and when he felt he still wasn't able to find a purpose in the Guardian training school place, he moved to the middle-eastern looking place and experienced the harsh reality of war and death for the first time. All of these experiences shaped him into a person who wanted to save the children being used as summoners and strive for peace and coexistence between summoners and ability users. But he is just one lone person, there is no way he can do that by himself. However, meeting Kagari for the second time should have been the biggest opportunity of his life; as a single person, he discovered the way to save Earth in the long term without relying on the short term solution of killing the Key, even if it was a pretty vague and extremely difficult solution which included infiltrating both organizations at once. To him, Kagari should have been the means to save the Earth, not the goal of his romance. Thats why I feel the romance in this route makes this Anime feel shittier to me. That is literally the only problem I have with this season. That and him being a douche to Kotori.
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 14:58   Link #105
pervypig

^ agreed, totally, absolutely, no point in forcing romance.

ima so disappointed with rewrite SS2 that ima gonna stop watching it altogether. prolly jus gonna check here for some spoilers
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 19:38   Link #106
Blueknight78

ok, i'm gonna say really this second season is disappointing, i really want the "real koutaro back from season 1, this guy which they put on his place is so "umbearable", he is a coward, selfish and useless guy", he is literally doing "nothing", really almost nothing to help anything than being selfish and coward, all his actions are halfassed, he helped prevent the girl get killed but at same time he could have prevented that if instead of try to "play on every side" he finally decide to take one side and not being on everyone side(kagarai, guardian, gardia 1 and 2, too much sides for one person alone to be siding.

really if the game is really that good ok, but really the anime is being terrible and i really loved the first season and was really looking foward to that second season, but that "fail man" and by fail is not because he a human" but because he is a terrible human and the only thing he really want is have his selfishs phedo dreams made and bang the young kagari because probably this is only one good thing he must be really good, because as a hero and even a human he is really failling terrible.

i gonna say i really hate how much fake is the op on the second season showing a "awesome" bondi koutaru but in anime he is even worse than the emo solider which appear, he is really a shame compared with previous koutaro, really the mc is really ruining the serie for me and not because "harem or romance" but because he is really being terrible in every aspect, he being "tooooooooooooooo human" to my taste to a umbearable point, yeah we humans are selfish greedy and scared but not everyone and not on that level, he passed the point to be called "human" with all that crap side this is just a forced flawed character which don't look that much "realistic" as the anime want me to believe, his crap personality already passing the uncannying valley.

at this point my really big wish is if they could get riddle off that failure guy and bring back the true koutaro because this guy is really destroing everything which was good on the first season.
Old 2017-03-12, 01:39   Link #107
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
ok, i'm gonna say really this second season is disappointing, i really want the "real koutaro back from season 1, this guy which they put on his place is so "umbearable", he is a coward, selfish and useless guy", he is literally doing "nothing", really almost nothing to help anything than being selfish and coward, all his actions are halfassed, he helped prevent the girl get killed but at same time he could have prevented that if instead of try to "play on every side" he finally decide to take one side and not being on everyone side(kagarai, guardian, gardia 1 and 2, too much sides for one person alone to be siding.

really if the game is really that good ok, but really the anime is being terrible and i really loved the first season and was really looking foward to that second season, but that "fail man" and by fail is not because he a human" but because he is a terrible human and the only thing he really want is have his selfishs phedo dreams made and bang the young kagari because probably this is only one good thing he must be really good, because as a hero and even a human he is really failling terrible.

i gonna say i really hate how much fake is the op on the second season showing a "awesome" bondi koutaru but in anime he is even worse than the emo solider which appear, he is really a shame compared with previous koutaro, really the mc is really ruining the serie for me and not because "harem or romance" but because he is really being terrible in every aspect, he being "tooooooooooooooo human" to my taste to a umbearable point, yeah we humans are selfish greedy and scared but not everyone and not on that level, he passed the point to be called "human" with all that crap side this is just a forced flawed character which don't look that much "realistic" as the anime want me to believe, his crap personality already passing the uncannying valley.

at this point my really big wish is if they could get riddle off that failure guy and bring back the true koutaro because this guy is really destroing everything which was good on the first season.
there is no helping it. this is his personallity in the terra route as the VN as well
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 01:41   Link #108
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
^ agreed, totally, absolutely, no point in forcing romance.

ima so disappointed with rewrite SS2 that ima gonna stop watching it altogether. prolly jus gonna check here for some spoilers
i understend his reason for being like this to kotori. he dont want to put her into this war and battles and get hurt and outher reasons
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 06:58   Link #109
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Wow, Koutarou just kissed Kagari when she's in a fit! Still, I wonder if that Suzuki guy's plan will succeed though as Sakura Kashima might swept him and his faction under the rug?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 13:29   Link #110
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wait er... what? I'm all for Kagari and Kotarou, but a bit more development between the two would've been better. I'm not even talking about them having more time, as they could have just focused more on Kotarou's attraction for her. Like he mentioned off hand in just one line how he was drawn to her, but that's the full extent of their romance development in Terra. They could have, for example, shown inner monologue on exactly how much worried he was when Kagari went to town, or thinking about Kagari during the more menial tasks he was involved in.

Because as it is, Kotarou has only shown a superficial attraction to Kagari (wanting to fondle her breasts, fornicating when he has saved the earth, etc.). The motivations I know of are him wanting to save the earth by infiltrating both Guardian and Gaia, and I can't stomach how he gives up saving the earth for Kagari when they didn't build it up. I mean, the foundation is there with Season 1 and Moon, but it's all left unused between the two episodes since his reunion with Kagari.

Such a shame really.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 15:14   Link #111
j4c06

This is not going to end well this time either, is it?
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 16:01   Link #112
Blueknight78

ok...

while finally the failure man finally grow some balls and finally stopped to be useless and decided to something and it was nice, it still a terrible writing and plot...

this serie suffer for the famou when is not 8 is 80, until previous episodes koutaro was a failure and crap human now he suddenly grow balls become a man and a killer machine and no more afraid of kill and use peoples..., wow what a lack of "build" and crap rush, in one episode he was like a lame person then in next he become the terminator and started a killing spread like he never was scared and everything before this episode was like "nothing", man really that second season is living for being a huge disappointment and or the vn game is really crap or the anime team is really failling terrible in adaptate the game cuz the crap character development and rush in this season is really on par with a lor of series with the same crap rush development which ending being bad series due to how poor being the plot and character development.

at this point i just keep following this more for the lulz than because the serie was "good" which really not was, this serie is really one of the big disappointments of this season, i really feel like in a "roller coast" where i don't know what is happening and everything is about "plot twist" and suddenly characters get a 180 degree change in personality without any explannation and you ending don't know what to wait here than just "plot twists for the sake of "plot twist.
Old 2017-03-20, 09:58   Link #113
Fencel

He already overcame his fear of killing people during his stint as a mercenary, the only restraint he overcame this episode was killing people he had ties to. And of all the people he killed, the only person who actually meant anything to him was Esaka. So no, I don't think this is really out of nowhere.
Old 2017-03-20, 10:17   Link #114
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencel View Post
He already overcame his fear of killing people during his stint as a mercenary, the only restraint he overcame this episode was killing people he had ties to. And of all the people he killed, the only person who actually meant anything to him was Esaka. So no, I don't think this is really out of nowhere.
he don't overcome he was forced to kill, that is one of the reasons he become scared to do anything he don't wanted kill anyone or do anything, if indeed he had overcome all he did during bondo before this episode could sound even more stupid being apathic and doing nothing, tham what already is, this episode make most of previous episode look very stupid and show which if he wanted he could have already solved all the things if acted early instead of freeze and do nothing in fear which was almost pointless.
Old 2017-03-20, 18:12   Link #115
Fencel

Letting a mentally challenged civilian child and a retired teammate die to further his goals is quite a bit different from betraying and killing combatants he's not even close to.
Old 2017-03-23, 20:44   Link #116
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Being forced to do it to save the Earth isn't much different from killing strangers either. Just saying.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 21:36   Link #117
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So yeah, he pretty much met every heroine as a child in this route (I'm sure red-head girl is coming soon). And he's turning green every time he rewrites? Yeah, S1 ED is making more sense now.

Man, he's such a jerk to Kotori though. I get it, he wants to protect her by making her go away, but he never was such a big jerk to any other loli. Compare the way he treats that child hacker, in both cases he pushes both of them away, but he's so much more harsher towards Kotori. I'm starting to think Kotori is more special than any of the other girls not named Kagari, as he does treat her so much differently.

Not liking how they're making Kagari more and more child-like. I actually loved the no-nonsense Kagari of Terra (probably the best thing that happened to this route), which is much better than the stoic of Moon Kagari and its different from the playful S1 Kagari. I had hoped she would play a bigger part of saving the earth this time around, but alas...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 21:53   Link #118
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So yeah, he pretty much met every heroine as a child in this route (I'm sure red-head girl is coming soon). And he's turning green every time he rewrites? Yeah, S1 ED is making more sense now.

Man, he's such a jerk to Kotori though. I get it, he wants to protect her by making her go away, but he never was such a big jerk to any other loli. Compare the way he treats that child hacker, in both cases he pushes both of them away, but he's so much more harsher towards Kotori. I'm starting to think Kotori is more special than any of the other girls not named Kagari, as he does treat her so much differently.

Not liking how they're making Kagari more and more child-like. I actually loved the no-nonsense Kagari of Terra (probably the best thing that happened to this route), which is much better than the stoic of Moon Kagari and its different from the playful S1 Kagari. I had hoped she would play a bigger part of saving the earth this time around, but alas...
The difference between Kotori and the other girls though is that Kotori is putting herself in harms way, so of course he's going to be harsher with her. Hacker girl is safe thousands of miles away.
Old 2017-03-24, 15:47   Link #119
sasabit

I really wished Kotarou would have chosen Kotori in this route. Those eyes Kotori had... feelsbad
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 17:27   Link #120
gdpetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
The difference between Kotori and the other girls though is that Kotori is putting herself in harms way, so of course he's going to be harsher with her. Hacker girl is safe thousands of miles away.
Well, maybe safe and maybe thousands of miles away... they did hint that their plan will be set into action now... not that any of those kids will be brought into harm's way, but a little surprise would be good, as this last episode was a little dull... setup for the finale it seems. I agree that his character's treatment of others is different than S1, more detached... he's the only MC it seems, as Kagari seems to have taken a backseat as well... and no coffee to be seen! no wonder she's upset at the lack of progress.

I hope it ends well, as S2 started off well, lots of fast exposition gotten out of the way in the first few eps, but since then, it's been slowing down further and further.. it needs to pick up again for the finale.
gdpetti is offline   Reply With Quote