AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-26, 12:21   Link #61
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
well, i don't want to watch this with the expectation that this is this season's tsuki ga kirei, but i can't help but feel that way. come on baby, don't let me down!
Tsuki ga Kirei was far better, the characthers were full of live and all were pretty interesting, specially both MC, here both feels so devoid of life...maybe that is different from middle to high school
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-26, 13:13   Link #62
Kazu-kun

There was a lot of mistranslation this episode. Here are some corrections of important lines by someone from 4chan

20:02
>でも、今は受験あるし
>誰かと付き合ってくれればすっきりすると思うんだよね?

Sentai's mistranslation:
>But I've got entrance exams right now!
>I think I'd feel much better if someone would go out with me.

Correct translation
>But I've got entrance exams right now!
>If he went out with someone then I could put it behind me and focus.
Natsume doesn't want "someone" to go out with her, she wants (or says she wants) Haruto to go out with someone so that she can move on. For the sake of her exams.

20:50
>なんだよ、それ
>俺だって、ずっと夏目のことを…!
>中学ん時から、知ってんだからさ

Sentai's mistranslation:
>What the hell are you talking about?
>I've always cared about you...!
>I've known about it ever since middle school, after all...

Correct translation:
>Ever since middle school, I've...!
>Been friends with you, haven't I...
The point with this scene is that Eita is about to confess ("Ever since middle school, I've been in love with you!") , but loses his courage at the last minute.
Old 2017-10-26, 14:43   Link #63
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Thanks, that felt so weird and jarring when.
Old 2017-10-26, 17:13   Link #64
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
There was a lot of mistranslation this episode. Here are some corrections of important lines by someone from 4chan

Correct translation:
>Ever since middle school, I've...!
>Been friends with you, haven't I...
The point with this scene is that Eita is about to confess ("Ever since middle school, I've been in love with you!") , but loses his courage at the last minute.
My Japanese is not that good but I had a hunch those sentences where a bit off. This explains a lot, thanks.
Old 2017-10-26, 19:00   Link #65
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

THE FIRST WAVE HAS CRASHED.

Both Natsume and Morikawa have faced the moment of confession, and both have left Eita and Souma brokenhearted in the process.

What intrigues me is that Natsume's friend knows something about Morikawa that is still unknown currently... "I hate that plain girl." Considering Morikawa IS a quiet girl makes it fishy that someone would have a bad impression of her. Has Morikawa rejected more than just Souma? Has she been using her family and college to keep interested hearts away from her?

In any case, her tendency to push people away kinda reminds me of Natsume too... they have been piling up excuses to not do something. In Morikawa's case, she said that she would help out with the family business as soon as she graduates, and yet she is already planning to go to Hyogo prefecture soon. She also doesn't show any romantic interest, pointing towards a focus on family affairs. In Natsume's case, she uses the upcoming college entrance exams for just about anything.

Wanna hang out? Entrance exams.
Helping Komiya? Entrance exams.
Sort out your feelings to Souma? Sorry, entrance exams.

It kinda pisses me off.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2017-10-26 at 19:16. Reason: Mistranslation by Sentai, again.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-26, 19:47   Link #66
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Both Natsume and Morikawa have faced the moment of confession
Not Natsume. Eita almost confessed but stopped himself.
Old 2017-10-26, 23:34   Link #67
sasabit

Yeah, it felt like Morikawa knew Soma was gonna confess when he pulled her away from the classmate. Also, I really like Eita for some reason lol.
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 00:21   Link #68
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You know what this series gets that most anime doesn't? The girls are actually dressed for the weather. No mini-skirts in freezing evening/early morning weather, or at least they wear long leggings. This episode is also a step up from the first three animation wise, so I hope they continue it.

Hmm... in regards to the plot Morikawa rejecting Soma is interesting, in that it opens up the possiblity of Soma being consoled by Natsume. I actually thought they will finish up Soma's story by now, and focus on Izumi's story with Natsume (or Komiya) for the rest of the series. This is a curve ball to me, as I always thought Izumi was still the MAIN character when so far it's Soma who's actually driving most of the plot. Everything happens around Soma and also as a result of his actions, while our supposed lead man has just been a bystander all this time.

Which of course opens up the possiblity that NO ONE gets together. We know it's one cour, that this is the last year for most of our cast, and looks like Soma will still get a lot of screen time, they really could go for a real 'no one wins ending' and actually make it work. What I mean is that a lot of anime/manga romcoms ends with a no winner ending in order not to piss off anyone, and usually I HATE such endings, but when the show is being as close as real life as possible... there may not be a fairy tale ending here after all.

Another curve ball is that I thought it was going to be Natsume rooting on Izumi in regards to Komiya, but Komiya may be the one relegated to 'rooting for MC but really is in love with him' role. Not gonna lie, I have no horse in the race for this show, but Komiya being the assertive genki character of the show really does make her stand out from the rather mundane characters we have so far. Helps also that she's quick on the uptake, and isn't above using dirty means to get what she wants.

If there's any show airing where the side character may actually win over the heroine, it would actually be this one. Don't get me wrong, Izumi and Natsume still by far have the most screen time together and dominates the OP/ED, but as I said before, this really may have no fairy tale ending. Maybe the devious one may take the cake home in the end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Are you perhaps referred for that Korean Drama show?
Funny this was mentioned, as I thought Dramafever got a big dud with Andante when Viki got This is My First Life (which takes A LOT of cues from Full Time Wife Escapist) and 20th Century Children (yeah yeah childhood friends XD). Oh well, at least they got Revolutionary Love...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 01:02   Link #69
AB079
Banned

Jesus christ Natsume get your shit together once and for all, even Eita that stopped himself knows what is going on.

As for Souma, I felt bad for him but I can't say that I didn't saw that coming from miles away. Morikawa is on another different world and all of this was one-sided being Souma the interested while she never showed something more that her usual personality.

Something that I still don't know is the reason for why Natsume cares so much about Souma, is not like a normal friendship at least from her. At the same time she seems interested on Eita but in a lower degree. Anyways, intense episode where everything went wrong, now the atmosphere will be ankward as hell.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 06:59   Link #70
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

I admit Natsume treatment to Eita begin to nerve me but i will wait for another episode to judge her character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
As for Souma, I felt bad for him but I can't say that I didn't saw that coming from miles away. Morikawa is on another different world and all of this was one-sided being Souma the interested while she never showed something more that her usual personality.
He must not give up if him serious to Morikawa. This confession has been expected.
Girl like Morikawa is not someone that can get easily there are plenty stage to passed first for Souma until Morikawa accept him.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 08:36   Link #71
Arya

yep, Souma has to keep pursuing Morikawa if he is serious as he claims. He has to work hard to break Morikawa's walls. On the other hand Morikawa just said she can't go out with him, not that she doesn't like him. And this episode she looked more aware than what she looks like. She knew he would have confessed and that (the confession) was what she expected him to do when he took her away from their schoolmates. And I'm sure she noted all the little details. Btw, Souma was cuter when he was younger.
Anyhow we will see soon his resolve and consequently if Natsume will finally wake up. Or about Morikawa reaction to the confession if we will have any, I doubt, if not very subtle.

I have to admit Natsume and Eita are the least interesting of the bunch so far. The whole night walk between them felt more a filler to prolong the wait for Souma's confession.

At a certain point the whole thing remembered be of Nagi no Asukara (and PAW in general). I'm curious to see if it will remain this quiet or they will add some drama. The hint about evil Morikawa felt driven by possibly jealousy/envy from that girl or about her looking so distant.

I want to praise the attention they are putting into the character house's details, you can tell a lot from that in regard of each character, their families and current status.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 12:35   Link #72
Wandering Soul

Morikawa's rejection wasn't surprising, but at least it seems like her rejection had more to do with not having room in her life for a relationship than not liking Souma. I guess there's still hope for him.
Old 2017-10-27, 12:40   Link #73
sasabit

I think Natsume and Eita being the least interesting is because they are really similar in that they hide their feelings and are just really passive overall, having an akward synergy. I'm not a fan of the awkward couple that is Natsume and Eita, and feel it would be a lot more interesting to see someone like Komiya dragging Eita around. Although that might seem a little cliche, I feel like this series would be able to pull it off really well.
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 19:57   Link #74
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I never got past the first episode of tsuki ga kirei, might be because i thought the MCs were too young.

This one though, it has an interesting premise, though not an original one. We've already been presented with a problem, the resolution of which isn't quite clear yet and makes me want to keep watching.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 04:30   Link #75
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Morikawa's rejection wasn't surprising, but at least it seems like her rejection had more to do with not having room in her life for a relationship than not liking Souma. I guess there's still hope for him.
That's what I imagine will happen but I'd honestly prefer it more if Morikawa simply doesn't see him that way and has no interest in general. Because sometimes that just happens too.

I actually prefer the Natsume and Eita side to be honest even though it can be frustrating to watch. But man, these writers sure are sly: hinting at Komiya's love life like that. I actually wouldn't mind if Komiya got together with Eita, though I guess that's just my bias for the genki type. Plus points for being a romance troll too.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 04:40   Link #76
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
yep, Souma has to keep pursuing Morikawa if he is serious as he claims. He has to work hard to break Morikawa's walls. On the other hand Morikawa just said she can't go out with him, not that she doesn't like him. ....
So someone noticed that too huh.
I reluctant to pointed that out with how straight her reply was.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 16:53   Link #77
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
So someone noticed that too huh.
I reluctant to pointed that out with how straight her reply was.
Well, that was a bit odd, sure she turned him down, but I don't know, I had the feeling she was expecting his confession. I mean, all the requirements where there. You didn't have to be a genius to get it. That's why it was a bit odd. She was expecting and she in fact was straight. Still she gave that reason. Since I ship them it was like they were asking me to notice it aha In any case there's more behind Morikawa, the comment of that girl and probably that blonde guy.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 01:14   Link #78
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it's a little too early to say this won't measure up to TGK. we're only 4 eps in. Natsume is the queen of sending mixed signals. you don't text like that and expect Eita not to read it wrong. also, the jabs back and forth on the stairs were brutal.

gotta feel bad for Soma. he actually went for it and sadly got shot down, but maybe not for the reason he thinks. Komiya is a winner. i don't think she'll be a player in the relationships, but rather a driving force.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 04:54   Link #79
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well for me, this is already better than Tsugi ga Kirei but I was never that big on that show to begin with...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 11:07   Link #80
ArrowSmith

Already 2 love triangles? At least the girls dress appropriately for the weather. Also I like how the New Year's Eve was treated normally rather than so amped-up you usually see in anime. Just another day in the life which is how it is for so many of us.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote