AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-15, 03:06   Link #621
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Indeed. Stargazer serves to give us a different look on C.E.73, and it managed to do so right from the start.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 05:28   Link #622
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
quite a refreshing EA POV frm Destiny......
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 05:55   Link #623
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Chinese Sub is out @ ktxp

60mb rmbv.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 09:45   Link #624
McChar

Does anyone know how to sign up for the bandai channel and buy episodes? If so, can you post a step by step?

I'm considering this b/c of the possibility that Stargazer is some kind of test run by Bandai to see how much interest there is in a more mature gundam. If so, success of the OVA will probably determine whether there is going to be a future series. I'm also interested in how many people would be willing to subscribe if this were true.
McChar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 10:19   Link #625
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McChar
Does anyone know how to sign up for the bandai channel and buy episodes? If so, can you post a step by step?

I'm considering this b/c of the possibility that Stargazer is some kind of test run by Bandai to see how much interest there is in a more mature gundam. If so, success of the OVA will probably determine whether there is going to be a future series. I'm also interested in how many people would be willing to subscribe if this were true.
Nah... I seriously doubt that Bandai cares about the internet release. It's all about the merchandise sales and a little DVD on the side. Nearly all anime is like that. Just buy their model kits and spin-off manga.
Old 2006-07-15, 15:46   Link #626
vblaze101

Hmm....I must say that I'm fairly pleased with the OVA, especially since it links up so well with the 1st Destiny SE. And yes, the battle between the Ginn and the tank(s) was a great sight.........reminded me a bit of the MS-tank battles in 08th MS Team but with a Cosmic Era spin too it of course.
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 16:10   Link #627
Strike Mk.II

Im wondering whats gonna happen next ep. At the end of the ep, a nearby plant thats been developing a "new driving force computer" sends a distress call that they are being attacked by Zaft Mobile Suits, and Sven and Co were sent out to deal with the situation. So many things need answering, the Ginn being piloted by children, the importance of the Stargazer mobile suit, why Zaft mobile suits are attacking key places straight after the mess caused by the impact of the Junius 7 fragments. It really confuses the people on earth and in the EA that right after Dullindal makes his speech they get attacked by Zaft mobile suits. Its all a really chaotic situation.
I get the feeling that DSSD people and the Phantom Pain Trio won't meet up together till the 3rd ep.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 16:38   Link #628
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

Hot blingabong dang!
This episode is just...win...pure win. Tank vs MS battle? EA not completly incompitent/evil?(Well, maybe slightly incompitent...) Awesome animation? Oh yes...
One can only hope that this show is extended/another show is born from it's ashes of popularity, rise Strike Noir!.
Don't fail me now Japanease Otakus

Bad thing is it's probably going to be anywhere between three months and half a year before we even hear about how "it went" and any further plans...if we hear anything at all until the next Gundam show is getting ready to transform and engage.

Must stop... pessimistic ramblings...

Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 17:18   Link #629
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McChar
Sunrise has said that Stargazer is a testrun on the profitability of releasing a show directly into the Internet... Not sure about the maturity thing though. But OVAs tend to be aimed at more mature audiences than generally released TV shows, and that has hold true in Gundam. So I don't see how the success of a "mature" ONA like Stargazer would influence their decision to make a mature TV series.
Old 2006-07-15, 18:10   Link #630
flamingtroll

I wonder if it is going to be at least 1 death per stage like in MS Igloo for the e next 2 episodes.

I must say this is some of the best things coming out of C.E. Maybe because it is too short to have any complains about it. It kind of gives me a Royal Space Force (Wings of Honneamise) vibe to it too with all this all these launching admist battle stuff.
flamingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 18:54   Link #631
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Just watched it and was very impressed with what was shown in 15 minutes. I have the song in loop mode on Winamp it's very addicting in it's sad melody. It fits very well the feelings passed on through the episode.

Stargazer so far wins.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 18:57   Link #632
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Is Shinn gonna be in this?
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 19:29   Link #633
Faroush

no, shinn won't be in stargazer or any of the characters from seed or destiny.
Faroush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 20:04   Link #634
lordyu

thats how it should be!!
lordyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 20:36   Link #635
shaolo

I have seen stargazer eps 1 and it was nice. It really shows how damaging the J7 drop was and get to see more faces of the EA. Also I give these kids some credit for piloting the MS at there age.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 21:08   Link #636
[DarkazurESky]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faroush
SG is a side story...please make this Faroush's last rhetorical answer.
[DarkazurESky] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 21:40   Link #637
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faroush
Sato and Dullindal's voices make an appearance though...
Old 2006-07-15, 23:17   Link #638
Faroush

yea, i said they won't make an APPEARance. i didn't say that we might even have chance to hear their voices. lol
Faroush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 23:32   Link #639
Nesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct
Indeed. Stargazer serves to give us a different look on C.E.73, and it managed to do so right from the start.

too true, overall the whole mini ova for the time that it was given was very enjoyable, and the cahracter devlopemnt was good but there were 2 parst that i thought was a bit extreme tho
Nesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 00:28   Link #640
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

^they're taking the gruntsnotfodder thing at another level... yay for MS v. Tank... n_n

The only bad thing about it is it was only 15 minutes....