AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-17, 00:32   Link #641
AoV

^I agree. When was the last time a single GINN was creating havoc?
AoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 01:03   Link #642
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

A GINN is a MS...It will create tons of havoc if unopposed...But I know GSD has desensitized us all...The question I'd like to ask is why is a GINN kicking that much a$$ when the Earth is damn near being vaporized?? What were it's orders and why was it attacking that recklessly (unlike the Coordies that attcked Lacus then subseqently blew themselves up for the sake of secrecy)?? A bit confusing to say the least...
Old 2006-07-17, 01:05   Link #643
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Their insurgents my boy, remants of ZAFT that believed in Zala, their revolting in places including Australia and of course the area Sven is being sent to.

Reminds of GW where the original operation was to drop colonies and send in the Gundams to take control but in this case wreck havoc while the EAF is in disarray.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 01:07   Link #644
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Their insurgents my boy, remants of ZAFT that believed in Zala, their revolting in places including Australia and of course the area Sven is being sent to.
I thought Australia is an ally of PLANT?

Don't see much point of revolting there... Unless the Stargazer anime mentions Australia?
Old 2006-07-17, 01:10   Link #645
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Oh so some insurgents did breach the Feddie camp...Looked like a different MS than the ones in Space...I don't remember any mentioning of insurgents fighting on Earth during the colony drop...This would have made even more convincing data for Djbril to use concearning his counter-measures...Obviously Stargazer is made-up after the fact so I was a bit confused on the intentions of that GINN...Looks like Dully got an endorsement during the movie too...
Old 2006-07-17, 01:26   Link #646
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Oh so some insurgents did breach the Feddie camp...Looked like a different MS than the ones in Space...I don't remember any mentioning of insurgents fighting on Earth during the colony drop...This would have made even more convincing data for Djbril to use concearning his counter-measures...Obviously Stargazer is made-up after the fact so I was a bit confused on the intentions of that GINN...Looks like Dully got an endorsement during the movie too...
The Sato GiNN units are GINN High Maneuver Type II, which in the end are still ineffective under gravity since it's extra mobility only helps in space since it still can't fly like DiNNs or next-gen Gundams. The Insurgent GiNN is nothing more than an arsenal beefed up GiNN that's capable of wrecking havoc in a city that has technically lost it's defences. Not to mention those childrens were most likely on a suicide mission. Kill as much as possible until be killed.

Though I wonder how childrens end up as Zala extremist......

Gilly? What movie? What endorsement?
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 02:16   Link #647
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
I thought Australia is an ally of PLANT?

Don't see much point of revolting there... Unless the Stargazer anime mentions Australia?
And I thought South America was the most friendly EAF nation to PLANT.

According to the subs, the EAF comm noted that ZAFT forces (Insurgent) in south Australia were resisting heavily. And from what the EAF commander said, they seem to be all over the place. Funny that their attacking the people who tried helping them in the first place
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 02:48   Link #648
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
And I thought South America was the most friendly EAF nation to PLANT.

According to the subs, the EAF comm noted that ZAFT forces (Insurgent) in south Australia were resisting heavily. And from what the EAF commander said, they seem to be all over the place. Funny that their attacking the people who tried helping them in the first place
South Australia? Oh, okay. don't really care since i am a Victorian.

Still, it can't really be helped if Sunrise decided that Australia somehow split in half politically. (even though it makes no actual sense) The main ZAFT base where Minerva docked was in northen Australia.

Perhaps the insurgents want ALL Naturals dead, and as such had the most offensive power in Australia because they could obtain and hide ZAFT equipment more easily there than otherwise?
Old 2006-07-17, 05:22   Link #649
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Perhaps the insurgents want ALL Naturals dead, and as such had the most offensive power in Australia because they could obtain and hide ZAFT equipment more easily there than otherwise?
I'm interested in knowing how they had all that offensive power anywhere? It's not like you can take the lipstick off a GINN and call it a WINDAM (For them to be hiding out on Earth)...Surely they weren't in ZAFT territories with no orders shooting the breeze...It's all a bit odd to me...Dully's help can only go so for IMO(I mean his potential scheming isn't quite mirage colloid for GINNs)...Perhaps I'll never get an answer...just thinking out loud I suppose...

But I think we need some sort of information on how all these insurgents coordinated (no pun intended) their actions...If Stargazer has rouge ZAFT Zala followers it must be far greater than GSD ever implied...A rag-tag group of pi$$ed off Coordies could for sure put up some damage but they aren't ubermench (Supermen or Kira to be a b!itch about about it^^)...Taking advantage of the colony drop is something I'd surely accept but I have to know what the numbers are like...How many Zala-loyalist are we talking about?? I mean if their tearing $hit up in Australia to the point you send Sven and company we gotta be talking numbers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale

What movie? What endorsement?
I was just refering to the directors need to show some random person in the episode saying they didn't think Dully was behind the colony drop...
Old 2006-07-17, 18:32   Link #650
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
Insurgents hiding out on Earth sounds about like Zeon's Neun Bitter and the Jukon Fleet back in UC.

They were probably hiding in off the wall locations or in places that no one cared about enough to clean them out.
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 06:20   Link #651
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
What were it's orders and why was it attacking that recklessly (unlike the Coordies that attcked Lacus then subseqently blew themselves up for the sake of secrecy)?? A bit confusing to say the least...
Those were kids pilotting the MS.....somebody probably put them upto it.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 11:49   Link #652
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

The Zala supporters don't like the Clyne faction much either and there are plenty of naturals living in ZAFT countries(it is a alliance too, much like EA is an alliance between 4 or so Earth nations) so wrecking some havoc in Austrailia aint' too far fetched.
Especially if they are trying to get attention so some other group can steal some better MS while the ZAFT forces are responding to the threat

If I remember correctly, the main nations of EA(not as evil as EA games by far...) are the North Atlantic Union(USA, Central America, Canada...UK/Japan too?) have annexed South America a few times and controls the Panama base, the Eurasian Federation(Most of Europe and Russia+some Central Asian countries. Not included are Kingdom of Scandinavia and possibly the UK) having control of some parts of the middle east and north Africa as well as the Suez base, Some Part of China and east asia going under some name I've forgotten...remember that some fleet had made it to Gibraltar base during GSD from there though) and lastly South Africa up to the Important Victoria base.

ZAFT members on earth are South America, North/Central Africa, Southern India and some middle east spots and Austrailia, New Zeeland etc.

Neutral Nations are Kingdom of Scandinavia, one Asian country(A rather big nation stretching from Iran to Burma I think...) and well...Orb.
Although both Orb and Scandinavia seems to be Terminal countries to a certain extent.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Zala faction have a rather large support, beeing much like a coordinators Blue Cosmos...just that they are not in control to the same extent as BC is.
Of course...after GSD the only EA nation that seems to be holding up is the North Atlantic union and possibly South Africa, I don't belive either of those had any big losses. Most of those fell on the EF.
Of course, any of those big EAF nations can support hundreds if not thousands of divisons, mostly Infantry and armor but still. Even at their biggest main bases they didn't loose more than a few brigades worth of MS/MA(If one brigade is 30 MS that is, belive that got mentioned during episode 16? Windam slaughter time).

With many nations in complete chaos it would be rather easy for a transport plane or two to get lost in the confusion. During the drop of junius 7 and later.
Plenty of insurgents around in CE after all.
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 08:01   Link #653
nightbringer360

The big Asian country you talk about is the East Asian Republic.

The Pacific Union (Australia and surrounding islands) I think were allied with ZAFT.
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 12:43   Link #654
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

Aye, the second big ZAFT base is there.
One has to wonder just how badly ZAFT must be lagging behind in terms of numbers if the EA managed to build a base close to one of ZAFTs biggest bases, manual working camps and all while avoiding detection.
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 13:17   Link #655
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
The magic of plot holes...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 17:01   Link #656
Dark-Silence

they have some good mechanics in stargazer, to bad its only 3 episodes long, i would like to see a 50 episode saga like that other gundam saga. oh well, lets just hope someone will fan sub it quicly.
Dark-Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 18:25   Link #657
_X12A_Testament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Silence
they have some good mechanics in stargazer, to bad its only 3 episodes long, i would like to see a 50 episode saga like that other gundam saga. oh well, lets just hope someone will fan sub it quicly.

There is the possibility that Stargazer will segue into GS3, thats what I'm hoping for. It seems likely as there hasn't really been a mini-series like this before an upcoming season. What if it is like an episode 0 or something to set up the new things for the coming season while trying to redeem something out of GSD in a side story.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 01:00   Link #658
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

From Gunota:
Quote:
Stargazer Update
Stargazer - A new, 3-headed BuCUE called the "Kerberos BuCUE Hound". Kenki Fujioka design.
Sounds gay. BuCUE was already pretty silly, three heads just makes it worse.
Old 2006-07-22, 01:46   Link #659
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Sounds gay. BuCUE was already pretty silly, three heads just makes it worse.
It depends on how Fujioka presents his work. If he's going Medabots, then god no. If he's doing Advance of Zeta, hell yes. I don't have any grandiose words for Fujioka's original designs, but if there's one thing he knows how to do well, that is turn fugly mobile suits/armours and turn them into sleek and sexy mecha designs. I think this, this,this, this and this speaks for themselves. One reason why I find AoZ so endearing is their MS redesigns.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 02:23   Link #660
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I'm not sure who did the other designs but if Kenki Fujioka did some for SG I look forward to more (I thought all the new designs in SG were pretty great)...A 3-headed BACUE doesn't sound any gayer than the other ridiculously overpowered and unrealistic suits the C.E. have to offer...It might be good and some weird-looking suits might freshen the C.E. up a bit...The one thing so great about UC (and even some AU's) is the incredibly wild and unorthodox designs for many of the suits and armors (Especially Tomino stuff)...Everything in CE looks like a brother or sister or happy-meal combo of another suit, so whatever...I say bring on an unconventional design for once...