AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2018-05-04, 16:11   Link #5081
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaAngemon View Post
Am I going crazy or did Patamon's dialogue imply that Takeru and Hikari kissed.
More like he thought they were going to.
Old 2018-05-04, 16:27   Link #5082
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Yeah, maybe Patamon think r this could happen.

However, I don't really think a kissed could happen at that moment. Takeru wouldn't kiss Hikari in such a vulnerable state.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 16:48   Link #5083
MagnaAngemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Or they did and they didn't show it cause Japan has censorship laws. Also Patamon did not cover his eyes until a little bit later.

Something happened, otherwise he wouldn't have blushed so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
Yeah, maybe Patamon think r this could happen.

However, I don't really think a kissed could happen at that moment. Takeru wouldn't kiss Hikari in such a vulnerable state.
Then what would make Patamon react like that? Cause he was blushing hard and it looks like he saw something. Not that he thought something was gonna happen.

See his jump combined with blushing? That tells me something happened.
MagnaAngemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 18:23   Link #5084
Konja9

Quote:
Then what would make Patamon react like that? Cause he was blushing hard and it looks like he saw something. Not that he thought something was gonna happen.

See his jump combined with blushing? That tells me something happened.
In my opinion, Patamon thinks he was interrupting an intimate moment (shiptease). Maybe Patamon though a kiss could happen.

However, I think this just was a platonic moment between them. Takeru was trying to help and support Hikari, who was at a bad moment.

I really like Takari, but I don't really think they kiss. Offscreen kisses tend to be obvious in the movement of the bodies. In this scene, there is not hint about this in the bodies of Takeru or Hikari.

PS: You shouldn't force your interpretations on other people.
Old 2018-05-04, 18:38   Link #5085
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So the time has come. It was the final movie and Toei kept using evolution sequences to kill time. At least this time there were far more battles.

Nevertheless, Devimon defeating HolyAngemon like that?
Old 2018-05-04, 19:00   Link #5086
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Nevertheless, Devimon defeating HolyAngemon like that?
To be fair, it was an infected Devimon (which makes him more powerful). Also, this Devimon was receiving the help of a big group of other infected Digimon.

At the end, I think HolyAngemon won.
Old 2018-05-04, 19:30   Link #5087
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Spoilers
Spoiler for final movie
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by RRW; 2018-05-05 at 01:51.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 19:37   Link #5088
Random14

Well, that was boring. I'm glad I could skip forward on the stream. Unless I missed something important, but I doubt it.

Seeing military helicopters try to take on Digimon was boring ten years ago and its still boring now. Seeing Adult-level/Champions fighting at this stage is actually kind of funny. Not to mention the long dragged out evolution sequences. If this was an actual TV series, it might not be so bad but glad I never sat through the movie version.

Well, at least its finally over... well, not really, not with the news of a new project. This was kind of like Diablomon Strikes Back stretched out over three years. Just hope there are less angel wings in the next project (unlikely if its more Adventure).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 19:53   Link #5089
MagnaAngemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
In my opinion, Patamon thinks he was interrupting an intimate moment (shiptease). Maybe Patamon though a kiss could happen.

However, I think this just was a platonic moment between them. Takeru was trying to help and support Hikari, who was at a bad moment.

I really like Takari, but I don't really think they kiss. Offscreen kisses tend to be obvious in the movement of the bodies. In this scene, there is not hint about this in the bodies of Takeru or Hikari.

PS: You shouldn't force your interpretations on other people.
It's all in Patamon's expression. And I'm not the only one that thinks this either. Many kisses have gone on like this and Takeru was holding on to Hikari in this scene.

Sure it read platonic to me, but Patamon's reaction takes a whole new meaning towards the scene. JMO.

I'm also not forcing it. You don't see it that's fine but I know I'm not alone here.
MagnaAngemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 20:18   Link #5090
Konja9

Quote:
It's all in Patamon's expression. And I'm not the only one that thinks this either. Many kisses have gone on like this and Takeru was holding on to Hikari in this scene.

Sure it read platonic to me, but Patamon's reaction takes a whole new meaning towards the scene. JMO.

I'm also not forcing it. You don't see it that's fine but I know I'm not alone here.
I know there are other people who see that way too. Also, I see how some people could interpret this scene in that way. Still, I don't agree.

Maybe it isn't our intention, but the intensity in your comments makes me feel like you are trying to force your ideas.

If it isn't the case, I apologize for my misinterpretation
Old 2018-05-04, 20:22   Link #5091
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Can you at least post a shot of that scene? I mean, my monitor is bad, I can't see a thing due to the dark colors.
Old 2018-05-04, 20:53   Link #5092
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In terms of the kiss thing, I don't think it happened. Felt that was more Patamon reading too much into him grabbing her shoulders. Not because I have an issue with that pairing, I think it's a solid one. But rather that is kind of awkward timing to go for a makeout scene. Her partner is merged with a monster, her brother may be dead, and she's pretty emotionally unstable. Be kind of a scummy move to make a romantic move on her in that moment.

Not that the kiss didn't happen. I don't know anything for sure. I just didn't read that scene in that way when it happened.

As per the movie, it was ok. Honestly looking back...Tri was pretty mediocre. It's not like I expected some masterpiece here, but was hoping for something that was done better. So many nitpicks that piled onto each other; The Digimon outside of a couple action scenes seeming allergic to naming their attacks anymore. The downright silly levels they went to in order to avoid even showing the S2 cast. Dragging out the evolution scenes way too much. For the love of all that is good in the universe just give everyone warp evolution and stop using champions and ultimates against enemies they can't handle. And honestly the weird poses the digimon had after digivolving were pretty bad.

And hey let's end on effectively saying "I know we massacred your partner in brutal fashion....but hey still friends right?"

It wasn't all bad. I did enjoy some of the movies and the overall experience wasn't terrible. Probably 6/10 as a whole. I had a bit of a feeling of unease when the movies were announced instead of a tv series. But it wasn't a trainwreck, not just too good.
Old 2018-05-04, 23:46   Link #5093
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Who was that dark gennai/ digimon emperior knockoff role in of all this, trolled the heroes when he gets a chance?
Old 2018-05-05, 00:18   Link #5094
Crossheart

.... sigh....
well... at the end... Tri ended make more depth the plot holes in 02...

Also
Spoiler for Merciful mode:
Crossheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 02:58   Link #5095
Idealist 99

Quote:
Am I going crazy or did Patamon's dialogue imply that Takeru and Hikari kissed.
Nah, it was just Patamon reading too much into that scene. Plus, the producer pretty much confirmed in Adventure 02 that Takari wasn't canon. So I would prefer if Toei stop teasing a ship that they has no intention of sailing just to bait shippers. Instead they should put more work on explaining why TK and Kari remain in a platonic relationship.
Maybe, the next Digimon series will give us some dam answers. Unless its a reboot of the entire Digimon Adventure series.
Old 2018-05-05, 05:54   Link #5096
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Nah, it was just Patamon reading too much into that scene. Plus, the producer pretty much confirmed in Adventure 02 that Takari wasn't canon. So I would prefer if Toei stop teasing a ship that they has no intention of sailing just to bait shippers. Instead they should put more work on explaining why TK and Kari remain in a platonic relationship.
Maybe, the next Digimon series will give us some dam answers. Unless its a reboot of the entire Digimon Adventure series.
To be clear, the producer of 02 confirmed that Takari wasn't canon, because she was specifically asked by this couple (probably because its popularity). In itself, the epilogue indicate that the only two couples are Sorato and Kenyako.

However, if there are plans for an Adventure sequel is still possible Toei (and a new staff) has plans to make Takari canon. Although it's also possible they mantain their interactions just as shiptease.
Old 2018-05-05, 06:08   Link #5097
B214

Did they confirm Takeru and Hikari didn't end up together? I'm not trying to raise and issue but the ending in 02 seem to have avoid this issue.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 07:12   Link #5098
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Did they confirm Takeru and Hikari didn't end up together? I'm not trying to raise and issue but the ending in 02 seem to have avoid this issue.
In an old interview to Seki Hiromi (producer of 02), she was asked if Takeru and Hikari end up together, the answer was "no".

To be clear, she was asked especifically for this couple (probably because the popularity of this couple). If she was asked for other couple (except Sorato or Miyaken), she will surely answer the same.

Of course, Tri (and a possible sequel) has a new staff, so it can be changes to this.
Old 2018-05-05, 09:50   Link #5099
Twi

So... they killed Daigo?
Old 2018-05-05, 09:53   Link #5100
tuckersister

We kind of knew that was going to happen.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon