AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-19, 17:01   Link #101
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Colonel- go look a pic of Strike Freedom...you can see the length of the damn rail guns, it's from the hip and stops like before the ankle

just watched the episode...this was a very good start I think, and pretty much the questions I had were answered :3

SF is about 18.8 meters tall if I looked at the info correctly

judging from this image, the rail guns are almost half it's height
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 17:09   Link #102
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
^ Miles teg already posted that info thank you =)
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 17:24   Link #103
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

(tear) curses!

(watches episode again) :gasps: is that a...black guy that's piloting Verde Buster? schweeet....

I think the K stood for kamikaze

hmm...I only counted 3 children, not 4...
Old 2006-07-19, 23:07   Link #104
artquest7@

With stargazer only being 45 minutes total I am absolutely sure that this is just another scheme that bandai devised to sell model kits. With that said... ITS WORKING. Strike Noir, Stargazer, Verde Buster and Blue Duel are just about the coolest designs ive seen in awhile. Im certian that im going to be picking up some of these great designs in model kit form soon enough. The first episode was very well done. Great animation quality and story although im not sure what kind of character development they can show in 45 minutes.
artquest7@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 23:55   Link #105
flamingtroll

About the Ginn taking a lot of damage. From waht I have seen, didnt most shots from the linear tanks land beside the Ginn or misses completely and not directly hitting it? The only other hit on the Ginn was one of the missles from the helicopter that took out its backpack. I guess Edmond wanting to get so close is to make sure that the hits are critical enough to take it out?
flamingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 02:36   Link #106
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Just to clear this up for both sides.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3.../G-FIELD06.jpg

It looks more like an AP round.

Technically, the round that was shown in the picture is an APFSDS, a non-explosive, anti-armor/anti-tank round that uses only kinetic energy to penetrate the armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
That's why Edmond wanted the tank closer, the closer the tank, the better the round has in penetrating the GINN's armor due to its poor velocity. If those tanks had railguns though then they'd probably would've been like Freedom and do the same amount of damage. Though with Railguns I presume they have a lower firing rate.
This part I agree. Judging from how the rounds fired by the tank, I'd say it was either a HEAT (High-Explosive Anti-Tank) or a HESH (High-Explosive Squash Head). If Edmond knew (I'm presuming that he clearly did knew) that the tank was loaded with HE rounds only, firing from a long range may not have done the damn thing, especially if the armor of the GINN was way thicker than of a tank. If you fired an APFSDS round from a far, I believe that you wouldn't have to go so close for the kill.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 11:10   Link #107
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Edmond was a really cool character too (tear) wonder if they'll bring him back, he'd be just kinda messed up >.>
Old 2006-07-20, 11:58   Link #108
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz
Edmond was a really cool character too (tear) wonder if they'll bring him back, he'd be just kinda messed up >.>
I don't think they will, considering how much he was messed up in that tank and how short the entire stargazer ONA is.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 13:01   Link #109
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

Actually, this is not the first time a Linear tank takes down a MS.
I think it was shown two times(the same scene...) 2 Linear tanks on the beach dropping those Brown underwater MS with a hit to the main camera/head.
But that was also pretty darn close range.

We have also seen ZAFT tanks in GSD, I think Destroy took out a few. They looked pretty freaking big but maybe that was just the camera angle.
Might have been ordinary Linear tanks painted green, not so sure...
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 13:33   Link #110
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Actually, this is not the first time a Linear tank takes down a MS.
I think it was shown two times(the same scene...) 2 Linear tanks on the beach dropping those Brown underwater MS with a hit to the main camera/head.
But that was also pretty darn close range.
It was a Goohn, the Goohn jumped onto the beach but got snapped in half by a shot by a linear Tank.

In Panama, two linear tanks take down a GINN before getting blown up by the GINN's wingman.

In Alaska, the Linear tanks prove to be capable of taking down a ZuOOt.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 10:19   Link #111
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

well let's see first not 1 bishie in sight, the fight was good a tank being a threat to anything hasn't been seen since uc. and we see the good side of e.a, abit of drama but one thing is bothering me what was with the kids?
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 10:20   Link #112
krazimonkey

Well i liked how they show that the tanks can actually be useful instead of being easy targets in battles, but i miss the crazy gundam battles gundam seed usually has in there first eps
krazimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 13:04   Link #113
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazimonkey
Well i liked how they show that the tanks can actually be useful instead of being easy targets in battles, but i miss the crazy gundam battles gundam seed usually has in there first eps
But they ARE easy targets in battles; didn't you see how many tanks the Ginn took down?

I still believe this battle was about showcasing the Ginn more than showcasing the tanks.
Old 2006-07-21, 15:38   Link #114
Colonel-

I thought the Ginn only took down like 3 tanks?
Old 2006-07-21, 16:05   Link #115
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
I thought the Ginn only took down like 3 tanks?
You are making it sound like it is actually easy to destroy a tank...
Old 2006-07-21, 23:26   Link #116
Colonel-

^ Well my friend, one bazooka shot from the Ginn flipped a tank over a couple times =)
Old 2006-07-22, 03:56   Link #117
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
...and the GINN got more weapons to fire with.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 07:55   Link #118
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I hope episode 2 have large scale battles.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 19:55   Link #119
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I think i should put this in here . I havent seen the ova yet, so i just had a question. Has there been any official announcment of another Gundam seed?. Like as a third series.

P.S. I just didnt want to make a thread just for this . thx in advance.
Old 2006-07-23, 20:03   Link #120
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648
I think i should put this in here . I havent seen the ova yet, so i just had a question. Has there been any official announcment of another Gundam seed?. Like as a third series.

P.S. I just didnt want to make a thread just for this . thx in advance.
There is a movie coming out for the main storyline (Kira/Athrun/Shinn) sometime in the next year, there's hasn't been any information announced on it yet or a date. Aside from that and Stargazer, nothing else is scheduled to come out.
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote