AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-01-18, 05:38   Link #4021
Random14

Considering how little control Deku has over just One For All, I doubt he'll get anywhere close to "overpowered" any time soon. If he manages to use that new ability without wrecking things, I'd call it a success.

So the match is still going even after that interruption. I wonder how much longer until Aizawa demands some answers (or even the rest of the class). Especially if Deku starts using a completely different power. Now for the speculation of what the other, let's see, six quirks might be (not counting the first and the originally quirkless All Might and Deku).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 05:57   Link #4022
blackman

So deku is probably gonna be an jack of all trade hero with those many quirks inside of him.I'm hoping one of the quirk is a self healing quirk, then he can use full cowl 100% more often.
blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 05:59   Link #4023
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

This was a possibility from the start considering OfA was a passing of powers. This was a popular theory that OfA may have the past users' Quirks as well. It's just a matter of how Hori develops it from here. My concern though is how Midoriya is going to conceal the fact that he will have multiple Quirks. He's already known to have a power Quirk similar to All Might and now he will have access to other Quirks unrelated to that just like the black whip. He's just going to raise even more suspicion from here on starting from his weird stunt today. He can't just not use them at all. And it's going to be hard to conceal their use given that as a hero, he will be put in critical situations that will force him to use them out in the open. We'll see though.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 08:32   Link #4024
Sixth
Hu Tao

It is nice to see that Deku is finally gain a new ability because there is a limit on how super strength can go when it comes to writing an interesting fight.

It doesn't feel like an asspull to me because we always know that OFA has 7 people (or 8 people?) inside it, and with the power that can be passed down to others, obviously, the previous OFA user's quirk will be passed as well. It really sucks to be All Might though. Had he has more than 1 or 2 quirks to use, he would have stomp AFO with little difficulty in every fight.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 09:06   Link #4025
Twi

Super Strength to the extent of All Might was already OP. Now he gets seven other powers?

We knew AFO was doing some weird stuff since the last time he got snapped out of hypnotism, but there are limits man.
Old 2019-01-18, 09:31   Link #4026
James Rye

Man, this Quirk is so broken.
Old 2019-01-18, 11:50   Link #4027
Wandering Soul

I'm spilt on how to feel about this. He was already on his way to having strength that surpassed All Might, now he's getting 7 other quirks. He was even doing a good job setting himself apart from All Might with full cowling and shoot style.

He'll have to train the quirks, but OFA really is OP.
Old 2019-01-18, 11:56   Link #4028
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Actually it's 6, First user and All Might are quirkless so 6 people with quirks were predecessors. I'm must interested in Nana's quirk for the emotional implications of Nana meeting her grandson's arch foe.

I'm expecting Nana to have the decay quirk and she was chosen cause she was heroic but didn't have a quirk that suited it giving the emotional connection for Deku to "save" Shimura.
Old 2019-01-18, 12:02   Link #4029
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Actually it's 6, First user and All Might are quirkless so 6 people with quirks were predecessors. I'm must interested in Nana's quirk for the emotional implications of Nana meeting her grandson's arch foe.

I'm expecting Nana to have the decay quirk and she was chosen cause she was heroic but didn't have a quirk that suited it giving the emotional connection for Deku to "save" Shimura.
When I say 7, I'm including the Black Tape user
Old 2019-01-18, 12:10   Link #4030
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We're more than 200 chapters in and Deku can barely use 20% of OFA, and now he's going to have to master six (not seven, black whip is included among those quirks) more quirks on top of it. That's going to take a while. And how are we supposed to believe Deku will have any serious rivals for the number one spot? He's going to completely leave the competition in the dust once he masters all his powers.
Old 2019-01-18, 12:24   Link #4031
MAX_COLA_POWER!

When the author reminds everyone that in spite of their admiration towards other characters that they think should have the MC spot, he brings their hopes crashing down by showing that like it or gtfo, this will always be Izuku’s story.
Old 2019-01-18, 19:16   Link #4032
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It does make it harder to write a believable crisis for Deku since now he effectively has 7 different get out of jail for free cards. Every time he's in a pinch a bad mangaka would have him reveal a new power. Let's see how it plays out here.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 23:03   Link #4033
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It does make it harder to write a believable crisis for Deku since now he effectively has 7 different get out of jail for free cards. Every time he's in a pinch a bad mangaka would have him reveal a new power. Let's see how it plays out here.
The manga already showed how someone with multiple powerful Quirks can be defeated during the fights against All for One and High End.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 23:10   Link #4034
Twi

Yeah, but... this is Izuku, who is the main protagonist. He can't lose any fight that risks his life, so instead of getting creative with the singular power he has, he now has a plethora.
Old 2019-01-18, 23:17   Link #4035
kiak666

Regarding the previous user's quirks, I have a feeling that not all of them will be combat focused.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 23:25   Link #4036
Galaxian

In about a year's time, people's "top 10 BHNA characters" list will be filled with previous OFA users. I can't wait!
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 05:01   Link #4037
Hakai

And Endeavor thought his son was hot shit for having two quirks merged into one

Also "Black Whip" kinda looks like all the good parts of Sero and Tokoyami's abilities in one quirk(once he learns to control it)

Which classmate is Deku gonna cuck next, find out on Kohei Horikoshi's My Hero Academia
Old 2019-01-19, 09:15   Link #4038
marvelB

Personally, I'm not really bothered by the fact that Deku has new quirks at his disposal, now. Gives him a bit more versatility, you know? And besides, it's just seven. Now, if we were talking about him having an unlimited number of quirks like AFO, THEN I'd call BS. But as it stands, I think this works well enough for our protagonist friend. And as for the issue of how long it would take for him to master these hidden abilities..... well, that's nothing a handy-dandy timeskip or two can't fix (especially considering he's still currently in his first year at UA)!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 10:39   Link #4039
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

At least it's not flight or heat vision, or another iconic Superman power...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 13:42   Link #4040
Blankdom

Anyone notice how... that copy guy, touched the MC? Wonder if he'll try using the quirk, but fail, cuz of the 1st's 'gifting' power blocking it. (Cuz it's suppose to be intentionally given.) Or would he be able to use one/all of the quirks..... Though it'd be hilarious if he tries using it and get injured.... Doubt he'd kill himself w/ it, cuz it's shounen.
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot