Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-04-26, 01:40   Link #4201
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
More worrying is the fact that she has Izuku's blood, so if she can do something with Quirks that aren't physical-based then we have a brand new problem. But yeah, Toga should probably be dead from all the hits she's taken when a fall onto your head killed this one unless she was more than about 50 feet up.
She'll have the same problem as Monoma. Five minutes of power accumulation isn't going to do much.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-26, 17:13   Link #4202
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well now, that was something. I'm actually not all that miffed about Toga copying quirks now, since it's most likely temporary, anyway (like Monoma).

Also, as for how Curious died.... I forget, but is Ochako's quirk only limited to zero-gravity? Because if she can also raise the level of gravity.... well, let's just say that I wouldn't find it surprising whatsoever that lady went splat, lol.
Yeah... if Ochako's powers were able increase gravity, I'd be cool with it. However, here she lifted people up to heights we've seen people fall from in this world and be fine... yet they all turned to mush when they landed? I can see a couple of them landing on their heads and such, but everyone?

I don't personally believe Toga getting a power-up with copying powers to be an asspull, but the way she resolved the fight was certainly bad.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-01, 03:19   Link #4203
Sixth
Hu Tao

Spoiler for This is how Deku going to beat Toga:
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-01, 19:09   Link #4204
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Yeah... if Ochako's powers were able increase gravity, I'd be cool with it. However, here she lifted people up to heights we've seen people fall from in this world and be fine... yet they all turned to mush when they landed? I can see a couple of them landing on their heads and such, but everyone?
Toga might be better at using quirks than Ochako and I do not mean increasing gravity, all she needs to do to make sure they fall on their heads is to first return gravity to the head and one second later to the rest of the body, unless they can fly or levitate somehow, they will land on their skulls. I would not be surprised if unlike Momona she could access All for One, it makes sense since it is a lot harder to draw blood than just touching someones skin.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-03, 22:29   Link #4205
Dark Wing

I finally caught up with the chapters. Now I don't view Toga using Ochako's powers as an ass pull or anything like that. Simply because we never truly understood the full extent of her abilities. All we had been told at first was that she could take the appearance of people she drank the blood of so it's possible that using the quirks of others was just something we weren't meant to see until now.

I wouldn't worry too much about this revelation though since like all quirks Toga's has to have a limit of some kind. More then likely there are some quirks she just can't use. For example maybe she's limited to just mutation quirks or maybe dhe has to practice to properly use a person's quirk.
Old 2019-05-10, 08:33   Link #4206
Sixth
Hu Tao

Shigaraki: Now I can one-shot people without touching everyone. Best. Power. Up. Ever.

Named characters with plot armor: Good luck on hitting me though.

Shigaraki: Damn it!
Old 2019-05-10, 10:27   Link #4207
Wandering Soul

So Shigaraki was the next in line to get a power up. Now it's Dabi's turn to get one.

That line about Shigaraki's father makes me think that Shigaraki at one point wanted to be a hero, but his father dismissed the dream since he was still bitter about Nana abandoning him.
Old 2019-05-10, 10:54   Link #4208
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We already suspected it, but this confirms All for One screwed with Shigaraki's memories.

First Toga, now him. I think it's pretty bullshit they're conveniently getting power-ups right when they need them.
Old 2019-05-10, 11:53   Link #4209
James Rye

When Deku can get his convenient power-ups outta no-where so can villains.
Old 2019-05-10, 11:53   Link #4210
XFire
150% done

The fact that Shigaraki powered up right after Toga might actually help the situation, since it implies something about the villain group in particular is evolving. It's possible AFO did something to them.
Old 2019-05-10, 23:29   Link #4211
marvelB

Well, as I've been saying for a while now, I've pretty much been seeing Shigaraki as a dark mirror of Deku for some time, so I've pretty much expected him to get a power-up eventually. It actually came a bit sooner than I thought, though (I'd have figured it would occur when he takes on Re-Destro). So now it looks like it's Dabi's time to shine. Rather than a power-up though, I'm looking forward to whether or not this arc will confirm him to be Endeavor's missing son.....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-11, 00:23   Link #4212
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
When Deku can get his convenient power-ups outta no-where so can villains.
But we know that Deku's power has 7 souls inside from the very beginning, so it wasn't far-fetched...compare to someone who had been known on how to disguise someone for ages out of sudden can use the power of the disguised person.

Also, Shigarki's power is dumb. Give him more range doesn't help either because when it comes to fighting Shigaraki, Deku or relevant characters will auto-dodge his attack at 100% rate. This would make Shigaraki looks bad for not hitting anything.

There is a reason why instant death attack never works on most of the boss in the video game.
Old 2019-05-17, 08:06   Link #4213
marvelB

Next chapter's out! Long story short, it looks like it's Twice's turn to undergo some growth.....
Old 2019-05-17, 08:45   Link #4214
James Rye

I knew Twice would be the only one outta the league to look for Toga during a all out war, but damn! That poor guy. Not only watching Toga being near death while he can hardly handle his different personalities even with the mask on but also having to relive the memories of himself killing himself again and again. This sight must be such a horror for Twice and even then he didn't just left Toga there to die for good to save his own skin. Good guy, a villain but still a good guy.
Old 2019-05-17, 09:13   Link #4215
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I knew Twice would be the only one outta the league to look for Toga during a all out war, but damn! That poor guy. Not only watching Toga being near death while he can hardly handle his different personalities even with the mask on but also having to relive the memories of himself killing himself again and again. This sight must be such a horror for Twice and even then he didn't just left Toga there to die for good to save his own skin. Good guy, a villain but still a good guy.

Yeah, I also always liked how Twice showed the strongest sense of camaraderie among the league. BTW, I'm a bit unclear about the guys attacking him; is he imagining those guys as having his face, or did that puppetmaster guy deliberately model them after him? Because if it's the latter, then I wouldn't consider that a wise move on the liberation front's part. I mean, their aim in capturing him is to clone their boss, so why risk breaking him down by making him relive his past trauma....?
Old 2019-05-17, 10:22   Link #4216
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I also always liked how Twice showed the strongest sense of camaraderie among the league. BTW, I'm a bit unclear about the guys attacking him; is he imagining those guys as having his face, or did that puppetmaster guy deliberately model them after him? Because if it's the latter, then I wouldn't consider that a wise move on the liberation front's part. I mean, their aim in capturing him is to clone their boss, so why risk breaking him down by making him relive his past trauma....?
It's the latter. Unless you know everybody in the league is going to get power ups like we do, it's not such a dumb move. It's totally unnecessary though, since it's not like Twice has a high fighting ability. Isolated like this, I don't think he would have been hard to capture.
Old 2019-05-17, 10:36   Link #4217
Wandering Soul

Twice once again proves himself to be the best bro in the league of villains.
Old 2019-05-18, 18:01   Link #4218
Hakai

Damn the Ice guy is good. I'd even say more impressive than Shoto(ice side). Blue fire vs ice dragon is gonna look absolutely amazing when it gets animated.

Last edited by Hakai; 2019-05-18 at 18:18.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-18, 18:25   Link #4219
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

He's good but the fact he doesn't create the ice himself is a huge drawback. Eventually he'll run out of ammo. Of course, we know creating fire has a drawback as well, but Dabi may not have it. In the first place, we don't even know why his flames are blue.
Old 2019-05-18, 18:43   Link #4220
Hakai

Well creating too much ice will also make Shoto freeze to death, but luckily he has the fire side to make up for the weakness. Most quirks got some sort of weakness/drawbacks.

As for Dabi, since he's most likely Endeavor's oldest son he probably has some serious incompatibility with his quirk

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot