AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-08-30, 10:54   Link #4401
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mt. Lady knows how to make an entrance. Dat ass. It's nice to see her treating her job as a hero more seriously.

Todorok was hilariously dense, but Deku just came across as pathetic to me. Here's hoping he's about to undergo a development as drastic as that of his nemesis.

I don't expect All Might's research to have yielded much results. It'd be weird if we found out about Deku's future quirks in a notebook. He should at least know what Nana's quirk was, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Nah, I think grape boy is still traumatized by whatever Mt. Lady did to him during their intenrship...
He's totally scared shitless of her. She's probably the one woman he wouldn't attempt to grope anymore, he was just pointing at her.
Old 2019-08-30, 11:27   Link #4402
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Nah, I think grape boy is still traumatized by whatever Mt. Lady did to him during their internship...

I always did wonder what horrors Mineta had to suffer through his internship under her.... perhaps she lives up to her hero name in more ways than one?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-30, 11:33   Link #4403
Wandering Soul

Todoroki is pretty socially dense as always. You know that he's not actually mocking Bakugou, he actually thinks that they get along well.

I like how Mt Lady has traumatized Mineta so badly he's not willing to lust after her.

It looks Endeavour's fight with High End actually inspired some heroes.
Old 2019-08-30, 12:28   Link #4404
Hakai

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I still can't believe Hori built up black whip's return with an entire page and a half, only for it be "bloop".

This is some high quality trolling

And for once I agree with Baku, don't look so happy/proud over this ffs

But progress is progress I guess.
I wonder where he is with OFA now, can he go over 8% now without straining his body. I hope so.
Old 2019-08-30, 14:24   Link #4405
grecefar

if author is getting influence by fans making todoroki and bakugou more protagonists than deku then I'm dropping this...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-30, 14:34   Link #4406
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
if author is getting influence by fans making todoroki and bakugou more protagonists than deku then I'm dropping this...
I doubt that look at the chapter cover, Deku is still in the middle

But Baku and Shoto will definitely get a lot of attention no doubt. I just hope Shoto doesn't get shafted too much just because he isn't the main rival. He has his own story even if his connection with Deku and All Might isn't as strong as Baku's(kinda forced) connection with them.
Old 2019-08-31, 01:59   Link #4407
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
I actually like that. I don't really like Deku as the protagonist. I found that the new duo is more refreshing and fun to read.

Also, it is a new arc and I already like it more than the LoV arc. Probably it is because it is actually focusing on Academia part just like the title suggested.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-31, 03:05   Link #4408
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I'm with you on Bakugou, but Todoroki's fun.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-06, 04:42   Link #4409
Hakai

ENDEAVOR IS GONNA MAKE A MAN OUT OF THEM!

This is the best development.

That Best Jeanist flashback hit me in the feels a little. Despite seemingly disliking him Jeanist truly wanted to guide Bakugou to be a proper hero, even though Bakugou's like that. And Bakugou although seemed to regret going to Jeanist he was still touched by Jeanist's sincerity in a way. I hope they can have a reunion where Bakugou can tell Jeanist his hero name.

Also Hori trying to kill me with Eri cuteness sigh

Last edited by Hakai; 2019-09-06 at 06:36.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-06, 06:34   Link #4410
marvelB

Wow, I was kinda spot-on in my predictions about the internships:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As far as the internships go, I suppose one option for Deku is to return to Nighteye's old HQ (as I recall, it's being run by that centipede fellow now), but I think it would be a pretty interesting twist if Endeavor chose him as an intern.
Technically, it was Todoroki who invited him rather than Endeavor, but... eh, details. Too bad Nighteye's old agency turned him down, though....

Anyway, nice transitional chapter (too bad it came out three months to early though, heh ). After all the murder and mayhem of the villain arc, it's nice to see the kids chilling out in a more peaceful environment, enjoying the holidays. Even surly old Bakugou couldn't spoil the mood... and surprisingly, he even seems to be worried about Jeanist's disappearance (nice to know that the pro left enough of an impression for him to care that much). However, it's still concerning to think that there may be a mole among them (or the school staff, for that matter).....
Old 2019-09-06, 06:58   Link #4411
AP24

I think it will be bad for Deku to intern at Endeavor's place. There will be risk of Endeavor finding out Deku's connection to All Might.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-06, 07:09   Link #4412
Hakai

inb4 Deku awakens a fire type quirk while interning at Endeavor
Old 2019-09-06, 08:09   Link #4413
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

These are the chapters where you really should check every panel very carefully and you'll be rewarded with gems each time.

Notice how each Class 1-A member has a santa hat tip that matches them perfectly:
Aoyama's a star.
Mina's looks like its partly ooze like.
Asui's a cute frog.
Ida's is an exhaust pipe.
Uraraka's a planet.
Ojiro's is a normal puff like the tip of his tail (and because he's really just the normal dude in this).
Kaminari's is a lightning bolt.
Kirishima's looks like a rock.
Koda's is a bunny.
Sato's is a piece of candy.
Shoji's has small tentacles.
Jiro's is a musical note.
Sero's has a tape dispenser.
Tokoyami's is darker and has two feathers on it.
Todoroki's has two colors.
Hagakure has nothing.
Bakugo's all spiky.
Midoriya's looks like his messy hair.
Mineta's just one of his hair balls.
Yaoyorozu's is a little book.

Not only that, but you can easily tell who gave a gift to who (of the ones shown):
Yaoyorozu gave Ida three solid gold bars.
Aoyama gave Mineta a picture of himself.
Ida gave Bakugo a pair of glasses.
Asui gave Sero a frog mirror.
Sero gave Jiro a sweater.
Super Edgelord Takoyami gave Eri a buster sword, because of course he would.
Midoriya gave Uraraka an All Might keychain.
Uraraka gave Midoriya a bag of mochi.
I'm pretty sure Mina's weights are from Sato or maybe Bakugo.
The only doubt I have is regarding Kaminari's basketball... no idea who gave him that.

I really love this attention to detail on the part of Hori... but most of all I love that we know these characters so well that I think most of us can identify these things and agree that they all match so well.

Last edited by Randrak42; 2019-09-06 at 08:21.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-06, 10:08   Link #4414
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Cant wait to see Endeavour and Bakugou interact.
They probably develop a father son like bonding more than with his actual son
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-06, 10:44   Link #4415
Wandering Soul

Interesting to see that Bakugou actually didn't hate working under Best Jeanist and has plans to go back eventually.

I laughed at seeing Eri getting a buster sword from Tokoyami.

Wonder how Deku and Bakugou will interact with Endeavor during this internship.
Old 2019-09-06, 11:22   Link #4416
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a fun chapter. Tons of details I missed, apparently.

I had forgotten that Bakugou interned under Best Jeanist and therefore didn't have a place to go back to either. The "big three" are going to be interning under the number one hero, should be interesting.
Old 2019-09-06, 11:29   Link #4417
Hakai

Endeavor: welcome Shoto's friends. Thank you for taking care of my son

Baku:
WE'RE NOT FRIENDS YOU FUCKING RETARD

Last edited by Hakai; 2019-09-06 at 13:05.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-06, 12:23   Link #4418
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Sin View Post

ENDEAVOR IS GONNA MAKE A MAN OUT OF THEM!

This is the best development.

That Best Jeanist flashback hit me in the feels a little. Despite seemingly disliking him Jeanist truly wanted to guide Bakugou to be a proper hero, even though Bakugou's like that. And Bakugou although seemed to regret going to Jeanist he was still touched by Jeanist's sincerity in a way. I hope they can have a reunion where Bakugou can tell Jeanist his hero name.
Indeed. 3 of them are now still a child and Endeavor will make sure they will be alpha male after the intern is over.

Now I really want to see Bakugou and Jeanist's reunion only this time, Bakugou will give Jeanist his proper hero title.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-06, 15:55   Link #4419
marvelB

Still.... despite what I said earlier about working under Endeavor sounding interesting, a part of me still kinda wishes Deku could intern under that washing machine hero.... or that old samurai. Actually, I'd even say Hawks isn't 100% out of the question, if only due to his connection to the league and Deku's penchant for being a villain magnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Now I really want to see Bakugou and Jeanist's reunion only this time, Bakugou will give Jeanist his proper hero title.
Uh, shouldn't it be the reverse? Or are you suggesting that Bakugou will also have his own nickname for Jeanist? I mean, I guess he could call him "Denim Neck" or something....
Old 2019-09-06, 17:36   Link #4420
Random14

I didn't expect a Christmas chapter but really sweet (and funny) chapter (are we sure Eri doesn't have a secondary quirk of overwhelming people with cuteness?). I'm actually kind of worried that this is just the calm before the storm with how foreboding that staff meeting was (the heroes have no idea about Shigaraki's new army and not sure if the commission has gotten Hawks' report yet or not, but maybe that's why they're pushing for internships again).

Since they brought it up again, I hope we find out who the mole is soon. And ooh, the three of them training with Endeavor, that should be a sight to see. I hope this isn't just a tease and something else happens. With how Endeavor is these days, that sure sounds fun.

And nice to see Bakugo was paying attention to what Best Jeanist said, especially about his hero name (and has noticed Jeanist has "disappeared"). So Bakugo still hasn't come up with a hero name yet, huh? Well, coming up with something less... murder-y would be a big step for him. Great chapter, I'll be combing through it for all the little details for quite a while.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot