Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-06-18, 13:33   Link #101
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Mediocre, but still loads better than isekai street magician.

They needed to add more people to the harem
I'd have to disagree. This one's ok, but not great, whereas ISM was pretty darn good in my opinion. In ISM, all the characters got their own time and their own fights, and they have at least some demonstrated motivation to harbor feelings toward the protagonist. This one it was mostly the hero with some small amount of action by others to help him keep his energy so he can outshine everyone later, and honestly there was far too little legitimate interaction between him and any of the girls, leaving the "harem" feeling very shallow, basically one girl who loves him with no reason besides the betrothal, two girls who just want a better position, and a girl whose attachment amounts to "he has food". There was potential here, but either they cut out too much important content or it just didn't work, or both.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-18, 13:59   Link #102
VTHokiePride

Talk about an anticlimactic boss fight. Overall, this wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.
Old 2020-06-18, 14:13   Link #103
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'd have to disagree. This one's ok, but not great, whereas ISM was pretty darn good in my opinion.
If it was so good, how come you don't even remember its actual name?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-18, 14:23   Link #104
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If it was so good, how come you don't even remember its actual name?
Sorry. Pretty darn good like Isekai CHEAT Magicians is still far from masterpiece. That, and I was distracted.
Old 2020-06-18, 18:28   Link #105
Frontier

Somehow I'm not surprised a series about an 8th son would conclude with a brother vs. brother conflict .

I have to admit, it has been a long time since I've heard Tomokazu Sugita voice such a sleazy, deranged, scumbag like Kurt. The final straw was when he completely didn't care a wink about the possible death of his family because he could just find another woman and have another kid. This was so scummy even Well finally got angry .

Kurt died mentally cursing his brother and his companions for mocking and looking down on him, while in reality their expressions clearly indicate they were actually concerned and worried about what was happening to him. Well was in shock for a few seconds after seeing what happened to his brother .

So they played the Opening yet still used it for the power-up scene? I mean, not that it wasn't effective, but usually you cut the Opening so when it comes back for the big scene it has more impact, but I guess there wasn't anything else they thought to add in the episode to warrant cutting the Opening .

I guess even Malice can embody it's own kind of karma as Malice!Kurt haunted and killed the man responsible for all this...and some other people who may not have been as involved, but I guess you can't expect Malice to be considerate in it's justice .

Poor Amalie and kids...having to live with the stigma of Kurt being a killer and criminal because he never thought through his actions and didn't care about them at all in the end. Luckily Well managed to secure them somewhere safe to live and a chance at future prospects they might not have otherwise, and in turn Amalie consoles Well over Kurt's death .

Yeah, I would probably be pretty tired of all the machinations and manipulations of the nobles by this point too, but I guess it is something that comes more from a modern perspective then what someone actually born into that world would expect. I guess that's both a strength for Well and a cause for a lot of his problems .

So all that double-talk was manipulating the king to grant Well the ability to dole out the titles? Jeez, being a noble is tough .

Well finally has his own land but is still plagued by tons of responsibility he's not sure what to do with, when it seems like all he really wants to do is make food. He's in the wrong line of business .
Quote:
I'd have to disagree. This one's ok, but not great, whereas ISM was pretty darn good in my opinion. In ISM, all the characters got their own time and their own fights, and they have at least some demonstrated motivation to harbor feelings toward the protagonist. This one it was mostly the hero with some small amount of action by others to help him keep his energy so he can outshine everyone later, and honestly there was far too little legitimate interaction between him and any of the girls, leaving the "harem" feeling very shallow, basically one girl who loves him with no reason besides the betrothal, two girls who just want a better position, and a girl whose attachment amounts to "he has food". There was potential here, but either they cut out too much important content or it just didn't work, or both.
I think Well and Elise's feelings for each other was a tad underdeveloped, but I will say I think they showed why she fell for him given he was so considerate and caring for her beyond being an object for marriage or a tool for him to use.
Old 2020-06-18, 22:11   Link #106
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think Well and Elise's feelings for each other was a tad underdeveloped, but I will say I think they showed why she fell for him given he was so considerate and caring for her beyond being an object for marriage or a tool for him to use.
OK yeah, I was perhaps a little harsh on that pair. It still was rather undeveloped, and the rest could more easily have been set up as falling for Erwin rather than Well, as people mentioned some episodes back. Pity, as I was expecting something more. The Wiki page said that the two of them fell in love with him and wanted to be his concubines on account of those feelings, and that Well loved them back so much that he wanted to find a way to bring them to a rank where they could be proper wives. Instead, they just want a position that'll let them boss Erwin around.
Old 2020-06-19, 07:18   Link #107
Huh...?

Quote:
OK yeah, I was perhaps a little harsh on that pair. It still was rather undeveloped, and the rest could more easily have been set up as falling for Erwin rather than Well, as people mentioned some episodes back. Pity, as I was expecting something more. The Wiki page said that the two of them fell in love with him and wanted to be his concubines on account of those feelings, and that Well loved them back so much that he wanted to find a way to bring them to a rank where they could be proper wives. Instead, they just want a position that'll let them boss Erwin around.
This series is less about relationship, love and action, and more about the political and status aspect relating to being a Noble.

Elise and Well's relationships development is the best example of how it is for people who form a relationship based on Arranged Marriage/Engagement.

There is almost no love between each other in the initial years of an Arranged Marriage/Engagement, and only after a few years does it develop into something, but majority of the times couples in Arranged Marriage/Engagement relationship don't really develop feeling of love between each other.
Mind you there is other kind of emotional connections like caring, will to protect, etc that develop, but usually Arranged Marriage/Engagement lack love.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-16, 18:54   Link #108
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I know I'm horribly late to the party but... Did Amalie Cheat on Kurt? Neither of his children look like him. In fact both of them look more like the other brothers than him.
She also seems a bit too good to be true given her husband.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote