AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-06-14, 10:06   Link #761
Zefyris
図書館狼

He thought he could get away with it like he always does because no commoner can say anything in a dispute with a noble. And Ferdinand being a noble, there's no way he listen to Myne over him, right? Right? woops.
Since there's only one episode remaining I'm not sure the anime will cover why that guy is such a douche though.
Old 2020-06-14, 12:22   Link #762
Side-streetdog

I knew this anime doesn't have high budget
But damn, in some scenes I hope they could do more than just zoom in zoom out
Old 2020-06-14, 12:59   Link #763
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I kinda do, a bit. It touches on one of his few flaws: he's not good at ensuring people know why they're given the orders they are.
Well, in Ferdinand's defense, he asked the commanding officer of the brigade to pick his most reliable men. Ferdinand himself had likely never met any of them before so he really can't be faulted. He appropriately deferred to the man in charge. And honestly, "not even a scratch" seems pretty clear to me.

These guys didn't need to understand their orders. They just had to carry them out competently. They failed. I thought it was a nice touch that Ferdinand reprimanded the commander as well. Yes, it might be seen as self-interested, but mostly it seemed appropriate.

Shikicoza's defense was so ridiculous, that Myne's standing up caused her injury. As if she would have been injured were there not a drawn knife for her to bump into. I was surprised such an idiotic line of argument didn't come up in Ferdinand's disposition.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 14:48   Link #764
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

Shikicoza's defense was so ridiculous, that Myne's standing up caused her injury. As if she would have been injured were there not a drawn knife for her to bump into. I was surprised such an idiotic line of argument didn't come up in Ferdinand's disposition.
That would be because it would have been in Shikicoza's favour. After all, it's his words against a commoner's words. In this case, most nobles would naturally rally behind a noble by habits, so trying to argue with the douchebag about who says the truth would just weakens Ferdinand's words.
Instead, he smartly went simply for the extremely heavy "you were given an order from someone higher ranked as a knight, and you clearly disobeyed it." And thus feeding the trombe, creating a new threat, even though their duty as knights includes to take down that kind of threat, endangering peoples. Also endangering the ceremony to heal the land since the priestess was endangered, too.

Thus pointing out him failing at his duty, as a knight, and as a noble all at once.And from start to finish in this accusation, there's no opportunity to protest about it or to use the difference in status between nobles and commoners. Everyone here heard the initial orders, everyone here saw the trombe ensnaring the priestess when they came back, everyone witnessed his failure and his initial refusal to take responsibility for it.

And just to make sure that no one could raise any protest after that by trying to bring back on the table the fact that she's just a pleb, he threw at everyone the fact that she was approved at this position by the Lord of the region/Archduke himself, thus "if you voice your opposition to her being a blue robe, you're criticizing our Lord/Archduke's decision". Pretty sure anyone feeling like bring that fact to the discussion got really cold feet about it right away.

Avoiding the quagmire that would be a discussion about who is right between a commoner and a noble completely, pushing in a way that cannot be contested the reality of the knight's failure, then sealing any possible protest before it happens.

Smart.
Sasuga Ferdinand-sama~
Old 2020-06-14, 16:02   Link #765
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Surprised no one's commenting on the Bishop/High Priest's apparent connection to this: Shikikoza made a point of mentioning how he'd heard from him about how this impertinent peasant had been disrupting the church with her presumptions. Sounds a bit like the high priest deliberately spread a few rumors among knights he felt would agree with his ideals in hopes that one of them would cause trouble for her (depending on how long he'd worked on it, this could be because he knew a mission was coming up and she'd have a fair chance to meet up with such individuals, or just because this's something that happens regularly enough and thus eventually this or other plots could bear fruit).
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 16:16   Link #766
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Surprised no one's commenting on the Bishop/High Priest's apparent connection to this: Shikikoza made a point of mentioning how he'd heard from him about how this impertinent peasant had been disrupting the church with her presumptions. Sounds a bit like the high priest deliberately spread a few rumors among knights he felt would agree with his ideals in hopes that one of them would cause trouble for her (depending on how long he'd worked on it, this could be because he knew a mission was coming up and she'd have a fair chance to meet up with such individuals, or just because this's something that happens regularly enough and thus eventually this or other plots could bear fruit).
A mission comes every year, so if he paid attention, he'd know. OTOH, he's dumb enough to send Delia as a spy, so it's likely he was just venting to his noble friends and wasn't thinking beyond that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-15, 05:43   Link #767
magnuskn

Honestly, kinda surprised how the little high priest has featured in this season, given that they included him as an ominous person in the shadows in the OP. One would think that he'd be a bit more proactive in trying to undermine Myne, after she went all Darth Vader on him last season.

I hope we get a third season, it'd be a shame to abandon the storyline when we clearly are still in the early middle.

Last edited by magnuskn; 2020-06-15 at 09:19. Reason: Added a "the"
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-15, 20:12   Link #768
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Honestly, kinda surprised how the little high priest has featured in this season, given that they included him as an ominous person in the shadows in the OP. One would think that he'd be a bit more proactive in trying to undermine Myne, after she went all Darth Vader on him last season.

I hope we get a third season, it'd be a shame to abandon the storyline when we clearly are still in the early middle.

Maybe he is a behind the scenes type so we only see the results and not the planning.
Old 2020-06-16, 06:10   Link #769
Zefyris
図書館狼

Well Ferdinand said it this episode. Her being a blue robe was approved way above him, so there's little he can do about it. Indirect manner may be a thing, but if he does then he has to make sure it's not found out.
Old 2020-06-20, 15:32   Link #770
zeross87

so the serie finish with a to be continue. i'm glad they seem to want to see it to the end (and there is quite some more book to adapt)

i do wonder how she will take being adopted by a noble, does that mean she'd have to leave her familly to never come back ? i can' t see myne agreeing to that.

when ferdinand said his feeling was synchronized with myne i kinda hoped to see him go crazy about books himself. a ferdinand as hyper as chibi "in her head" myne would be quite fun to see xD

is there any informations about when would a next season possibly air ?
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 16:40   Link #771
Huh...?

@zeross87:Well if interested you can check the Manga i guess, but its been released in a different format though, with "Part 2" (which the Anime Season 2 covered) and "Part 3" being released together.

My guess, Season 3 of the Anime would cover the other half of the "Part 2" (since "Part 3" starts at a time different from what one would expect). Anime Season 1 covered the whole plot of "Part 1" of the Manga, but its different for the Season 2, which seems to divide "Part 2" into two parts.

By the way, Manga "Part 2" is still ongoing and is behind at plot coverage compared to the Anime.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 16:57   Link #772
DemonneoPT

We rarelly have an isekai where the protagonist's origin actually matters to the development of the plot. Most of the times, it's pointless to have the MC coming from another world and makes no sense to even tag it as "isekai" to begin with. In this case, however, Myne's knowledge of the modern stuff we take for granted is a huge and revolutionary deal in the fantasy timeline. It was a delight seeing the reactions of everyone to her inventions, mannerisms and the consequent cultural clash. I was not expecting to enjoy it so much after reading the synopsis but it ended up becoming one of my favorite fantasy shows ever and it's not even about fighting. Imo, this second season was a big let down when compared to the first one tho. A lot of the charm was lost since the focus totally shifted to those annoying brats in the church and the balance between the slice of life drama with the isekai stuff was gone. Not gonna lie, the first half of this new season was painful to watch to a point i was no longer eager to see the next episode. Luckily, this changed in the second half and the greatness of Honzuki was back to its full glory. Myne and her unique past were able to shine again and we even got to know a little bit more about the politics, the nobles, knights and the magic of that world. It's a medieval fantasy land afterall and would be a waste to not explore such topics as well. This time, it was Myne's time to be in awe.

My only complain regarding the second half was in the last episode with how underwhelming the scene where Ferdinand sees the modern world was done. The anime probably rushed it to hell and adapted it poorly from the original source material, but i'm appalled at how such important moment was handled. This is why i hate 12-13 episode cours. Most of the time the story clearly needs an extra 2-3 episodes to give proper justice and satisfaction to the plot. But i guess this was better than nothing since i hate reading and would never get to know such a cool story otherwise. Hope we get a third season and please, no more forced drama with annoying kids
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 17:20   Link #773
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm still curious about the exact nature of her entrance into the world, as at the beginning. I know the prevailing theory is that she basically possessed Main's body the moment the original Main died, but I've also heard claims, some claiming it came from the author him/herself, that it's actually supposed to feel that way to her, but in reality it just feels that way because the trauma of a bad episode awakened her past memories and overrode the personality she'd developed in the new world.

Either way, I really hope they make a new season soon. Left on quite a cliffhanger with clear indication that she'll very soon be forced to leave the common district and become a noble herself.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 17:44   Link #774
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'm still curious about the exact nature of her entrance into the world, as at the beginning. I know the prevailing theory is that she basically possessed Main's body the moment the original Main died, but I've also heard claims, some claiming it came from the author him/herself, that it's actually supposed to feel that way to her, but in reality it just feels that way because the trauma of a bad episode awakened her past memories and overrode the personality she'd developed in the new world.
Spoiler for Spoiler:

I would like to point out that what I have under spoilers isn't a spoiler. It's never discussed in the story nor does it affect it in any way. This is just a factoid stated by the author.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 18:55   Link #775
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So I guess another season if coming? Great if true!

Ferdinand was pretty awesome in this episode. Some people may dislike that he was suspicious of Main and peeked into her mind (he asked for permission, but no doubt he would have still done it if she had said no), but it only makes sense given how abnormal she is. She's lucky it was him who uncovered who she really is and the potential she holds.

The scene with Urano and her mom, and then Main thanking her new parents were great. Sadly, her time with her family may be coming to an end.

I personally liked this season even better than the first. Really good stuff.
Old 2020-06-20, 20:15   Link #776
Wandering Soul

Investigating Main's past is something I expected Ferdinand to do sooner or later and while it was no doubt a invasion of privacy, he was kind as he could be about it and he's one of the more trustworthy person to learn her secrets.

Main's scenes with her past and current families were pretty good,especially considering she may end up leaving her current family soon. I can't see her easily accepting that though.
Old 2020-06-20, 20:51   Link #777
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that poor idiot really couldnt withstand the amount of magic to heal the land but Myne did it with ease

Myne in her past life was kind of rotten

7/10 Hopefully there another season
Old 2020-06-20, 21:07   Link #778
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I was wondering where the series was going to wrap up... it didn't feel like a natural stopping point was coming up given how much was ongoing. Really hope we get another season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
I would like to point out that what I have under spoilers isn't a spoiler. It's never discussed in the story nor does it affect it in any way. This is just a factoid stated by the author.
That's actually interesting to know. I'm sort of glad its framed that way if that's still correct/canon.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 21:12   Link #779
VTHokiePride

I liked how the show came full circle with the scene we saw from season 1 episode 1 being shown during the finale. I hope we get a season 3. This show was both wholesome and heartwarming.
Old 2020-06-20, 23:18   Link #780
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well that poor idiot really couldnt withstand the amount of magic to heal the land but Myne did it with ease

Myne in her past life was kind of rotten

7/10 Hopefully there another season
It wasn't rotten. She was a typical young adult who took her mom for granted and was obsessed with books. Her wake up call was pretty major and she just has to not make the same mistakes twice.