AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-06-08, 09:42   Link #41
James Rye

It was mostly an Info-dump chapter but that was done in a pretty interesting way so thumbs up! Great world-building, really liked how sad Shen was when he realized he might be the last chinese speaking person on the world. Same with how easy Apocalypse could change the entire world and their memories, like snap, and done. Also UMA Galaxy is SWOLE, man! Dude must be lifting some heavy balls! XD
I hope dude is peaceful because he looks like he could wreck the table good.
I wonder who the 11th member gonna be.
Also was that woman Unrepair recruiting Unseen? What is she trying to do, make an Anti-Union?
Old 2020-06-11, 08:25   Link #42
James Rye

Spoiler for 2nd Color Page of UU:

Gotta say, for all its crazy characters and interesting power system UU's color pages have so far been pretty calm and retro which I think is a nice contrast.
Also really cool we see UMA Galaxy in it as well....... are those alien ships? Are we Gintama now? oO
Old 2020-06-11, 10:36   Link #43
LevelSeven

^i cant contain my excitement, this series has started like some mediocre comedy-something that could have been romcom or so, i thought this was the case, but man im glad i was wrong. This manga is keeping up the development at lightning speed. If this gets a proper anime adaptation im absolutely certain people will love this series, especially the ones who want to analyze or theorize about mystery in the plot or future possible developments.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-11, 19:46   Link #44
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^i cant contain my excitement, this series has started like some mediocre comedy-something that could have been romcom or so, i thought this was the case, but man im glad i was wrong. This manga is keeping up the development at lightning speed. If this gets a proper anime adaptation im absolutely certain people will love this series, especially the ones who want to analyze or theorize about mystery in the plot or future possible developments.
I think plenty of people got the wrong idea after the one-shot/first chapter, thinking this will be a raunchy ecchi series with fighting, boob grabbing and lots of sex jokes. Instead it focuses more on fighting, world-building as well as slowly changing the relationship between Fuuko and Andy from strangers to "basically lovebirds" which is fun and honestly more romantic than what other series have done so far. Like Fuuko shooting Andy into his head and putting a card into his brain with Andy afterwards petting her head in bed when the whole deal was over was more romantic than anything Yozakura has done so far and those two are married! You see those two trust each other a lot and don't want to be without the other one and ofc Fuuko basically doing the worst things to Andy with her Unluck even for stuff like just accidentally touching her is funny and adorable. Mostly because Andy doesn't care when he gets burned to crisp and because he teases Fuuko a lot about her Shoujo fantasies she cannot live out with anyone but Andy.^^
Old 2020-06-14, 18:45   Link #45
James Rye

LOL! They literally killed the Axeman in ch.20! Tozuka is on a meme roll! XDDD
Also damndamndamn! This reveal of what UMA Galaxy did means when Vicotor asked for the days he wasn't asking to see the powerlevel of the Union as if they killed UMA Daysname or whatever but how close to Ragnarok they are!!! Jesus!
Makes me wonder how many Ragnaroks Victor&Andy have seen... maybe 1865? <.<
5 Doublespreads! Lots of worldbuilding! Stuff happening in the background like the huge Ayers rock turned into the Ayers rock WE know from our world! Juiz being an absolutel madwoman genociding an entire army and letting its commander run home and tell the galaxy to leave Earth alone! SO MUCH STUFF HAPPENING!
And a new mission to capture Unrepair with Tatiana this time. I think this might be a recurring theme over the next missions -Andy and Fuuko doing missions with different members of the Union so that we get to see all their powers, goals, personalities and relationships and so on.
Uff!
This was a really good chapter.
Can't believe Tozuka is a rookie mangaka, just wow! His series already has a ton of fanart and even cosplay now. And in my opinion well deserved, dude is keeping his pacing up without tripping over his own feet, that is quite a feat considering what happened this chapter and how much world building he put into it yet it didn't felt like an Infodump ala HxH. That takes skill and throughout planning.
Old 2020-06-21, 11:31   Link #46
Lex79

Can we please keep Fuuko with long hairs? She looks so much better...
Anyway, another good chapter that develop a the relationship between the main characters and sets up the current mission. I'm curious to see what Unrepair looks like and the full extent of its abilities.
Old 2020-06-22, 10:44   Link #47
James Rye

We have seen what Unrepair looks like:
Spoiler for Here in ch.19:

I think Unrepair either plans to sell something at this auction or more likely plans to steal something using Unseen as a helper. Either way the question is what Unrepair is after.

Btw was I the only one who thought that Rio de Janeiro looked smaller than in our world? Like that hill behind it should be a slum, a Favela, but it is just a regular hill with trees in this world. The Beaches and streets are not filled to the brim as you usually see them in TV. It just feels like the world population is different from ours.
Maybe I am wrong.
Andy looked great in his new suit, same for Fuuko in her dresses though the long hair makes it even better. I liked how Andy gave her some tips to turn from a 8 to a 10 (head up, arms to the side, etc), this is all to build her confidence. Also Fuuko is a real badass for me. She is not an "extra" fermale heroine like in many other series where the MC and his rival are usually the main focus, she is her own woman and no means no and if you don't get it you get sumo-slap-combo-unlucked on you and eaten by a shark after getting hit by a truck! Love that girl and love how she stands up for herself and is not just a love interest or fan service character running around half-naked most the time. <3
Man, I wanna see the Underworld Auction! I so love the world-building in this series and how quickly even the Mafia found their place in a world where UMAs and Negators are a reality. <3
I also really enjoyed that Tozuka used the Cover page as a "SCP addendum" to tell us what happened to the destroyed town and the kids who survived and what will happen to them from now on. That is really dedication, you could have just let readers assume they survived and that's it instead the kids got featured on the cover after the Quest of Spoil and the fail to stop UMA Galaxy from being born to make sure the readers will know for certain what happened to them as no reader could overread that since such written information on the Cover page is pretty unusual in Jump.
For a counter example for a bad example in the most recent Bone Collection chapter you had three kids with abusive parents which they ran away from, after the Yokai issue was dealt with no further word of the kids were spoken which leaves the reader in an uncomfortable position to ask himself if those little kids were left to live alone in a house in the wilderness or if they were brought back to their abusive parents...
Old 2020-06-27, 14:35   Link #48
James Rye

Rip (funny name) with his Unrepair power and his three goons (or 4 counting Unseen) seems to be a relative newcomer on the Negator scene. I like this theme of "revenge against the world". Either they don't know about God and Apocalypse or they don't care. In any case they hate how the world keeps changing without them. Like right now: The Union killed UMA Language due a Quest of Apo-chan and suddenly Negators like Feng are isolated even from their own friends and family, especially when they cannot speak English themselves and got no fancy translator tie like Fuuko and Shen. It makes sense hating the world and the "normal" humans who never remember the old versions of the world and see the Negators as freaks while the Negators feel left behind and confused and scared.
Fuuko explained it perfectly herself with her decision to take her life because of her power. I liked the 3 ways Andy stated Negators like them had, live life by your own rules (Andy way), chose death to escape (Fuuko way), embrace crime (Rip way). And ofc the 4th way, end God and stop all rule changes, the way of the Union.
I also liked how Fuuko defended the Union before its own leader, saying it is better than the Negator Hunters as they do the kills and captures for the prevention of the end of the world whereas Rip and co do it for shit and giggles and some money at the side. I liked it because I know some people disliked how easy-going the Union members were with the deaths of Void and Gina, especially Gina who to this day still receives fanart, and accepted Andy and Fuuko so readily into their ranks, sane Tatiana who beat Andy up. So having Fuuko defend the Union which tried to kill her is quite something because she also sees the greater picture here similar to what Shen and Gina saw, stop the world from ending no matter what it costs because Ragnarok gonna be bad when a Galaxy rule already means enslavement or genocide of humankind. I bet the plague came with UMA disease, probably was a huge shock to the Union to know how many people died in "history" due them being unable to stop said UMA.

Rip, Kain, Latla and Feng look cool and I like Latla's power which seems to prevent the most predictable outcome from happening when she gets asked about it. Kain might be able to use animals with his power or even more interesting, the Orca/Whale is an UMA named Kain by Rip. I don't think the latter is the case though, Kain seems to be a weird UMA name who are named after their rules they bring to the world. The rich and criminal were also disturbing talking happily about eating UMAs and what not. Really liked the cryptic and UMA difference in naming due Japanese having a different word for the living Rules than the English language. I bet for the Japanese readers they really liked such easy to understand name changes and it shows how the whole world changed their language and thus understanding of things as English, compared to other languages, is quite a simple language thus such changes in naming happened. I also really like Tozuka's use of foreign languages like Chinese with the translation in (), especially with the rule change happened to the world foreign speaking Negators feel even more foreign to this kind of world than before.

I kinda wanted a bid off between Andy and Rip but given Rip had planned to do a Amok run anyway that development wasn't possible. So Andy and Fuuko going ham on the ship to reach Rip and co quickly is a fitting development. Lol about Fuuko saying in the Cover (love those infodump covers <3) that she would take care of the brought clothes (Lololol, the bust refitting of her chest cost 100 bucks wow XD) and then she throws away the wig and shoes. XD
Well, it is an emergency and money ain't a problem with the Union supporting them but still.^^

Next chapter gonna be great when we find out what both Rip and Union are after and when Andy and Fuuko meet the Negator Hunters! <3
Old 2020-07-05, 16:24   Link #49
James Rye

This was the most important part/world building of this chapter: Negator powers jump from human to human after death!
This explains why Fuuko didn't had her Unluck before the age of 8. Until then someone else was the unlucky bastard living with it.
So this means when an UMA dies his rules and effects are lost to the world, like UMA Language, but if a Negator dies then the power can be found again if looked for. Meaning... right now out there in the world is somebody who suddenly got Gina's power of Unchange... I bet we will see Andy and Fuuko meet that new power holder of Gina's power sometime in the future.
Also Chikara's power seems to be "unstrength" if anons on /a/ are right as his name would mean Strength if translated and so far many names played on their powers. Like Andy from Undead spelled out by Fuuko and Fuuko full name meaning lucky child or something like that.
Poor Chikara though, the past days must have been hell to him with his family and friends suddenly speaking only English and not understanding him. But since he didn't freaked out about the stars or that days suddenly have names this must mean that only Union Negators who witness the birth of a new rule are aware of the change, everyone else live like it was always that way. But when an old rule dies with its UMA then all Negators in the world notice the rule change. And some like Unrepair know that the Union is behind such rule changes whereas "normies" liek Chikara who hide their power to live a normal life are freaked out by the UMA monsters and other Negators and ofc humans hunting and selling people like him.
Guess this means Unrepair won't join Union, except in shackles and into a prison cell. But I doubt Chikara has the means to be on the frontline either. He might just get a translator tie and go live his life while being observed by Union agents. But we will see.
Old 2020-07-06, 01:16   Link #50
Lex79

Everytime I come to this thread I see such detailed comments that there isn't really anything for me to add.
I'll just say that I enjoyed the chapter and I think it would be fun if Chikara ends up joining the Union, there is material for serious character development here.
Old 2020-07-06, 05:38   Link #51
James Rye

Lol, maybe that's why hardly anyone is posting. Next time I just write "I liked this chapter." and end it like this. XD
Old 2020-07-06, 06:47   Link #52
LevelSeven

^leave some for the other people

Anyway, good chapter, the power of the kid is quite limited. We also got some nice bit of info, if a negator dies, his power is pushed to someone else, in other words, somewhere out there, someone has unchange.

Anyone thought about the implication the negators powersets give?

The world at the start is insane if you think about it. UMAs are rules that reality gets, and Negators ignore a specific rule, so that means the world before the rules begin should be without justice, without dead, without spoil, without change, without luck, without movement, without repair, without truth and if that boy from the round table is un-de-accelerate than the original world would also have no deacceleration,

we have rules or un-moving (the boy in the last chapter) and un-deaccelerate, so everything is in a eternal state of not moving and not slowing down, which i can only understand as everything having infinite speed which would put them at every point in space and therefore they arent moving.
Old 2020-07-06, 13:55   Link #53
James Rye

I honestly wonder more what the world looked like before the "first rule" was implied and what exactly the first rule was. Or like was the first rule something like "life" thus creating the world to begin with? But if so how and when would Apocalpyse and all those other Artifacts come into play? Like was the world literally a "Garden Eden" before the rules came along or was it some sort of anarchy hellhole full of madness and insanity (to our human understanding) until the rules brought Order and sense into it all?
Old 2020-07-07, 05:33   Link #54
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I honestly wonder more what the world looked like before the "first rule" was implied and what exactly the first rule was. Or like was the first rule something like "life" thus creating the world to begin with? But if so how and when would Apocalpyse and all those other Artifacts come into play? Like was the world literally a "Garden Eden" before the rules came along or was it some sort of anarchy hellhole full of madness and insanity (to our human understanding) until the rules brought Order and sense into it all?
Life isnt a rule, dead is, thats what Andy is negating, in other words, death wasnt part of the real world, and neither was having luck, because UnLuck is proving that its also a rule added on reality.

Movement, repair, justice, change, all are rules added on top of reality which the real reality didnt have.
Old 2020-07-12, 22:29   Link #55
James Rye

"I liked this chapter."
Old 2020-07-16, 17:08   Link #56
James Rye

Well, that didn't help much. Sure, it might not have been the most amazing chapter but still: Tatiana's entrance and taking on two Negators on her own, the "hates gore" part (lol, that kid won't become happy in the Union XD), Chi-kun's negation power classification as "restriction ability", the goal of the Negator Hunters which is basically a classic take over the world and such but at least it is a honest and believable goal, the spread of Andy and Fuuko stopping the thrown scalpel of Rip, the added time limit and goal to save Fuuko's life with Rip's death and lastly Chi-kun using his ability UNmove which is very interesting as we got the UMA Move already working for Union (would be interesting to see how an UMA reacts to the exact negating power of his universal rule).
It is something you could talk about.

What I like to talk about is the potential "system" behind the Negation powers. We already know that there are two main factions, "external" and "internal" Negators but we also heard about types or abilities as in "risk-avoiding" and "restricting". It feels like we see glimpses and notes of a far bigger system similar to how in HxH we had people use Nen powers long before we got the whole picture of the Nen system with its types, auras and advanced techniques. I am curious to see what other classifications there are in the "Negator system" and how that might effect battles between Negators. Like we already see that certain Negators could combine their abilities like Andy and Fuuko are already doing so with the unlucky Andy bomb. And Latla's power seems to be a great support one as she helped Rip not only on defensive but also offensive as he could avoid a blade swing Andy was sure would hit. Interesting though that the blood hit Latla's face despite her power at work. Probably some loophole similar to Rip's power which prevented Andy to use his sword to cut off his own head last chapter to heal but allowed him to cut off his own arms to attack Rip and thus heal as a side effect. Knowledge about powers is really important in those battles.
Hope we get to see Tatiana next chapter and that this arc might get us to see her face/real body as well.
Old 2020-07-20, 14:09   Link #57
James Rye

Well, this flashback does explain why Tatiana was so chummy with Andy and Fuuko despite their first meeting on the round table. I am a real fan of the Tatiana and Fuuko friendship because of their goal of walking together hand-in-hand when their powers are (spoiler: they will never reach that goal because either Tatiana dies or the world ends in Ragnarok). <3
Loved Tatiana's room especially her bed, lol, a ball-holder under hearts. XD
I was really impressed with the size of the Union base, it is incredible huge! Just look at how many levels and sections there are! Just when and how did they build all this when this world is like 50-60 years old? oO
Hopefully we get to see Tatiana next chapter as well as her power which seems to be something like Untouchable and how she gonna deal with the Negator Hunters to go save Fuuko.
Old 2020-08-03, 07:25   Link #58
James Rye

Tatiana's situation, while similar to Fuuko as in killing her parents due getting her power or having to grow her hair long due nobody touching it, is far worse. Fuuko got it easier as Andy is there to take any beating he gets due any kind of touch happening between them plus if Fuuko were a heartless bitch she could live Life normally just on the expense of everyone around her touching her whenever it is by accident or due her own will.
But Tatiana is really in a bad spot with her Untouchable power. Like both had the problem of long hair but while Fuuko got hers cut first chapter Tatiana will not be able to cut hers till her death or till the system is done for. Same with clothes or her toys, if you think about it, it is really sweet she gave Fuuko a Teddybar when she was in the Union hospital. Spending your whole life unable to touch anything or anyone is horrible, like your whole body lost its purpose to "feel" as even the wind and rain gets blocked by her power...

At least she got Billy who I really liked in the flashback! If anyone still didn't got that Billy is blind now they got it black on white. Also Billy doing his best to bake three long cake bars despite being blind for a little girl he has never met before and who also just wanted to die to escpae her situation was so goddamn sweet. Tatiana munching that cake and asking for more was adorable! Tatiana's only "bodily joy" is eating due her power's "weakness". I bet that part might be how she gonna die in the future. Poisoned by a Billy look-a-like who smiles at her choking demise, a bit like Maes Hughes died in FMA but less bloody.
Ah, man, I hope that not gonna happen...

The slow-mo part of Tatiana's power expanding and ending the whole ship was just kino! Loved it to pieces! <3
Shame Feng and other dude who probably got the "Unlimited" power escaped but this should teach them that nothing can touch Tatiana! Girl put the whole "best defense is a good offense" on its head by having the greatest defense (except for one part) crushing any kind of offense thrown at her. Guess that means her self-repairing robot is all Nico's doing, to which I did call the whole brainwave using to move the robot and its limbs and equipment. Nico is such a genius beast, damn.
Really liked the ending, Rip has robot legs/Artifact legs like the Artifact kiddo???, with Rip carrying Latla and Andy carrying Fuuko and Chi-kun mid-air. Gonna be an interesting fight for sure next chapter and most likely either be the final of this battle or the runner-up to it. <3

Also wanna add, the whole "self-targeting compulsory activation type of Negator" really sounds like we got a system made of two parts - first what does it target and second how does it activate its power. Later on there might be a third one which will be like some high level finisher move or something like that but for now it seems Negators can be put into two categories first part either self-targeting or other-targeting and being compulsory or at choice and potentially more in the 2nd part.
Doesn't seem like that complicated of a system but the many extra rules each Un-power either breaks or brings with it to be activated make it pretty large and complex.
Old 2020-08-13, 08:46   Link #59
James Rye

Rip's fancy legs looks awesome! I like how Latla asks how can we talk -> because Rip covers their faces with his shirt of Unmove can't see them. Tatiana was like Jesus walking on water, lol. The whole combo of the powers is pretty cool and the 5 spreads looked really cool. This guy really loves his spreads in every chapter. XD
Next chapter someone gonna die for real! Either that or Latla will be hurt in a way that involves Unrepair so he is forced to reveal that there are other ways to stop his never repairing wounds.
Old 2020-08-17, 05:58   Link #60
James Rye

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status...05074768596992

Seems like UU got first place in the Tsugimanga 2020, we have to wait 2 days though for confirmation. Hope this gets UU some more attention in Japan and thus more sales.