Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-09-21, 03:22   Link #361
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Doesn't change a thing. Unless Asc is removed, not a single human is able to believe what they did is wrong.
What you see of Asc so far is just a tip of ice burg of its full effect.
Now that's what I really want to know more: just how powerful & widespread is the influence of Asc? I came with my scenario assuming that Asc ia just a battle spell used by the Academy students & soldiers. Thus, the civillians shouldn't be exposed to Asc too much. But you said that Asc has taken a deep root within the human population. Just how the hell does Asc work?

And if all the humans are truly blinded by hate towards demons, how come the merchants acted so friendly towards students who blatantly wore the Demon Academy uniforms during Jerga festival no less?
Old 2020-09-22, 00:33   Link #362
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Now that's what I really want to know more: just how powerful & widespread is the influence of Asc? I came with my scenario assuming that Asc ia just a battle spell used by the Academy students & soldiers. Thus, the civillians shouldn't be exposed to Asc too much. But you said that Asc has taken a deep root within the human population. Just how the hell does Asc work?
You are now asking spoiler questions.
Wait for next episode and see how anime plays it out.
If there are things skipped, I can fill it in later.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-22, 09:32   Link #363
4th Dimension

Also, giving in to demons would be completely unthinkable to Diego given how he has been indoctrinated to Jerga levels to hate the demons. To him anything that a Demon says is just a trap, so might as well roll the dice on Eleanor + 10k of her daughters ressisting.

Second, Anos has a thing that he limits what he does to societies at large it seems, since he wants them to enjoy their peace on their own. He seems willing to trim things here and there. But detaining and holding at gunpoint the Academy just sounds like something that would just restart the hatered just justified now.

Plus humans have been told for a milenia that hatefull voice is Kanon. Head of Academy saying otherwise would sound like he was forced to say it.
Basically there is kinda too much inertia to change the myths on which humans base themselves netly.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-22, 13:19   Link #364
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

@shmaster & 4th Dimension

Both of you haven't answered my second question:
Quote:
And if all the humans are truly blinded by hate towards demons, how come the merchants acted so friendly towards students who blatantly wore the Demon Academy uniforms during Jerga festival no less?
Is that spoiler territory too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Also, giving in to demons would be completely unthinkable to Diego given how he has been indoctrinated to Jerga levels to hate the demons. To him anything that a Demon says is just a trap, so might as well roll the dice on Eleanor + 10k of her daughters ressisting.
Really? In the previous episode, Diego had no problems begging Anos for mercy after Anos hurt his source for a mere minute .
Old 2020-09-22, 14:07   Link #365
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yes, spoiler territory.
What human think and do normally really doesn't matter.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-23, 18:03   Link #366
4th Dimension

I don't know about anything that happens AFTER this episode. Just read the chapters of this one to see if it's much different.

Ask wise, it's not even that someone had changed the spell and introduced the new one to replace the old one. Someone (some meddling deity) warped the entire world so that if you cast Ask, old one, you get to "hear the voice of the Hero Kannon" and "if you follow it's instructions you'll be the Hero". Now most people probably never use Ask, though as seen they do know how to participate to power their Heroes. But by now they have records of hundreds of years of the spell's usage and that it in no uncertain terms paints demons as bad.

And while most humans don't think much of demons, since they haven't quarreled in the past millenia (which is the real strange bit IMO) it is pretty core to their identity that their Hero slew the Tyranical Evil Demon Lord which lead to peace. And that Demons are only peacefull since they don't have the Demon Lord.

On the other hand Ask is a pretty core spell to how humans fight, so fightery types have probably used it a lot.

Begging for mercy in a moment of desperation I'd get. But I still don't think he would go along with the reveal. But even that is kinda irrelevant because even if you get him to spill the beans, I don't see how you make it look like anything other than a big scary demon forcing a human to tell some sort of insane story that goes against all their believes. Not to mention that Diego's compatriors only need to whack him and Eleanor will spawn a clean fresh one.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 23:57   Link #367
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I chuckled seeing the hero wannabe being beaten by the power of idols(?) .
Old 2020-09-26, 01:51   Link #368
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Looks like 4th Dimension answered some of the questions. I was answering from an anime only point of view, obviously somebody who has source material knowledge would be more helpful since it's literally the source material

But still, for the sake of discussion:

Quote:
The demon students are clearly wearing the uniform of Demon School. Also, if you say that appearance is one of the major reasons why humans hate demons, you made the show sounds even dumber because the majority of demons that we've seen in this show look very human that it hurts.
I have no idea how extensive human/demon contacts are in this, but I don't think an ordinary human would recognize the demon academy uniform, since even Eleonor didn't know who Anos and Sasha were when they tried to enter the academy.

I've never said that humans hate demons because of their appearance, where did you get this idea? All I said is that since Necron's form is unfamiliar it might cause alarm for humans to see somebody like that inside the city.

Quote:
Then it should've been easier to deal with Diego & the Hero Academy. Like I said: let Eleonore talk to the masses and provide all the evidence.
Answered by 4th dimension, it isn't as easy as you think.

Quote:
After Eleonore reveals the truth in my scenario, at least some humans will be forced to think twice. After all, I presume not all people like being brainwashed by an astronomically-butthurt old man to kill other race, especially in times of peace. Also, the parents of the kids who were about to be used as human-bombs surely won't just blindly be okay with Diego after they learnt the truth. There are just too many social factors that this episode just glossed over or downright not touch at all before the "several days later"-timeskip.
Since we're talking about fictional scenarios, what if even those parents are ok with sacrificing their children if it was to stop a demon invasion even after learning the truth? I won't delve too much into this since we already know this is an unlikely scenario.

Quote:
You're talking as if Anos couldn't just ask Melheis to trap Diego in a remote/pocket dimension like he did to Ley & his mom during the tournament . If Diego doesn't die, he will not respawn.
Do something about Diego long term, but yeah sure, if you're idea of solving a problem is to keep it locked in a box forever and pretend that it doesn't exist, then sure it's a great idea

Quote:
Are you backpedalling on your own argument?
Read that carefully. You're confusing Anos the individual with Anos as part of the demon race.

Anos the individual doesn't care what the humans think of him. He knows he's powerful, he knows he can win a war against humans, BUT he cares about what humans think of him as part of the demon race, since that has repercussions for every other demon apart from Anos.

If Anos, for example, destroyed the human capital, people wouldn't hate Anos alone, they would've hated the entire demon race for the deed. Anos wouldn't care if every human hates him, but he would care if they started attacking innocent demons because of what he did.

Heh, i probably should stop now, we'll get our answers in around 8 hours.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 06:04   Link #369
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Heh, i probably should stop now, we'll get our answers in around 8 hours
You just can't let go, can you? Even when the new episode is about to start, you still did something redundant like the above .

In my reply to 4D & Shmaster, I already elaborated that the key to my scenario is the Asc magic. If the magic is more influential than what I assumed, my scenario can automatically be nullified.
Old 2020-09-26, 11:32   Link #370
Frontier

Kanon didn't become a villain. He just wanted to honor the memory and sacrifice of his friend, even if it meant erasing his status as Demon King from history and then propping himself up in that role so he could be the sacrifice to end all the hatred this time around .

Nice way of closing things out with the Tatsuhisa Suzuki version of the Opening. Also suddenly the transition from Lay swinging his sword to Avos makes so much more sense .

We finally get to see what a fight between Anos and Kanon was like, as Anos batters and blasts Kanon and knocking out his sources while Kanon keeps fighting to his last breath, even managing to get some good hits in. Pretty epic, I'd say .

Anos pulls yet another sacrifice play, which I guess on the plus side re-inserted him back into history as the Demon King of Tyranny. And restores Kanon too .

But it's not over yet, as Jerga's hatred for Anos causes him to revive himself in magic form to kill all the demons once more. Just give it a rest, guy .

What happens when you fuse two Best Girls together? One gorgeous and powerful Best Girl, that's what! Honestly with all that talk about how Misha and Sasha fusing together was a bad thing, I wasn't expecting it to actually happen and end up being such an awesome scene. I'd never want it to be permanent, but the girls look good together .

As the wise man once said, "Did you really think killing me would be enough to make me die?" as Anos returns once again to set things right .

An idol song to end all the hatred and misunderstanding? Are we Macross now ?

Perfect way of finishing things out and putting an end to Jerga's hatred with a combined attack from Anos and Kanon. Anos even does Jerga a solid and leaves him with an image of his wife and child as he finally fades away. Anos is a really swell guy .

Anos finally saves Eleonore and the Zeshia clones, and Eleonore even confesses her love for him (which not even the Necron sisters have done to him face-to-face yet). +1 girl to Anos' Harem .

I'm glad Kanon and Misa were able to reunite. You better give her that kiss, Kanon .

Things sure are looking up for Anos at the end. He's restored as the Demon King, he has his best friend back, he has a bunch of great girls in his Harem, and his parents are now technically grandparents. Hectic, but satisfying .
Old 2020-09-26, 11:55   Link #371
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^It's not that kind of like. Already said it, the only heroines are the twins.

On the one hand they didn't tease the next arc, but on the other hand they didn't show Anos' coronation (now that everyone knows he's the DK, would have been a nice way to end the anime), so I don't know if a second season is considered or not.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 12:31   Link #372
BWTraveller
Born to ship

An appropriately over-the-top ending to the series, I'd say this was maybe the best this season. Here's hoping they get another season. A couple weeks ago I stupidly went to a wiki and thus found out a good bit of stuff that I'm looking forward to, concerning just how everything made it to where it is now.

Also, I was surprised by the song number this time around. They really went all-out, as if it was a well-choreographed idol performance or something.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 12:50   Link #373
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

This show desperately needs season 2. I did not expect I'd have so much fun with a power fantasy but here we are. Fan union are the low key all stars of the show the past few episodes. And ending on Anos parents welcoming the new girl and "grandkids" was perfect.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 13:03   Link #374
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I never thought the fan union would have a big role in all these, They started from a club making Anos fanart to saving Anos' mother to legit source of power that could rival the thoughts and feelings of 10 million humans I would also assume they'd officially add Kanon to whatever "research material" they're creating since there was even a part in the battle where Kanon cried and called Anos his hero

I think I might prefer the fusion version, but that's just me

Quote:
You just can't let go, can you? Even when the new episode is about to start, you still did something redundant like the above .
Yeah sorry about that I only had time to reply today, it's been a busy week for me everything you said has been proven wrong by the last episode anyway so I agree my reply was useless

I hope this could get a s2, if that train wreck called arifureta could get a second season I don't see why this couldn't get one, not to mention that Misa still had that unresolved issue with her sword back in episode 5, and where else could we get lines like "Did you really think that killing me would be enough to make me die"?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 13:23   Link #375
AP24

Was this anime original ending? It's just that everyone accepted Anos is the real demon king even though the LN is not over yet.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 13:27   Link #376
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Anime original ending would have been what I wrote. The fact it didn't happen means a season 2 is possible.
Unfortunately, they didn't tease it, so might not be for now.

Spoiler for Spoilers, but not really, just skipped contents in the anime:
Old 2020-09-26, 13:31   Link #377
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
This show desperately needs season 2. I did not expect I'd have so much fun with a power fantasy but here we are. Fan union are the low key all stars of the show the past few episodes. And ending on Anos parents welcoming the new girl and "grandkids" was perfect.
Because unlike other power fantasy and other harem battle highschool, they dont try to sell it as a underdog story. And it straddles that thin line between parody and straight power fantasy.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 13:34   Link #378
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
Anime original ending would have been what I wrote. The fact it didn't happen means a season 2 is possible.
Unfortunately, they didn't tease it, so might not be for now.

Spoiler for Spoilers, but not really, just skipped contents in the anime:
Check the anime Twitter's site.
Old 2020-09-26, 13:39   Link #379
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Yeah, I saw that, but it might be about the radio show that'll air later, so not sure for now.
Old 2020-09-26, 14:22   Link #380
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
If nothing else this feels like a pretty darn concrete finish. Obviously a second season announcement would be the best thing. Considering how good this was I'd hate to think it was a one and done event. But if that is how it goes at least it finished on one heck of a high note.

Misha and Sasha going into fusion mode was pretty cool. Those two continue to elevate themselves as they go along. Can only get a grasp of what they are capable in that state, but they looked pretty darn powerful. I guess they count as one wife for Anos then ?

Lot of good moments and glad at least there was good motivations behind what Kanon was going for. Seems like things were a bit out of his control. It does still leave questions since the effort to create a super demon with Sasha/Misha along with the troubles caused for Kanon during the sword tournament doesn't quite line up with what he was trying to do. At least we did get a cool reveal about his sword being able to cut destiny. In order to be the best friend for Anos you need a weapon that darn ridiculous .

As expected it did somewhat play out like the sword tournament. We got a nice showdown with Anos and Kanon who did get all his sources back. And then it was finished off with a great showdown against Jerga. That old man was one sad guy. He clung to his rage and hatred for so long he truly became a monster. Willing to ruin all of humanity just to wipe out the demons. Guess things would have been fine for the other races though .

They had a lot to do in this episode and did a pretty good job all things considered.