Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-10-27, 23:49   Link #61
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Confidence is for those who are capable of fulfilling their duties. Levels can be raised and when he lied about his, he assumed Aria and Limis could use skills of their class and lineage. Then he found out Limis could only use fire magic, which is ill-advised in a forest, and Aria just switched sword schools. The problem here isn't on his end. How can he work with them when they can't even work with him? They can barely work at all.
You're ignoring the point.

He was willing to lie to them to avoid discord within the party as an excuse but then he finds out that they're less competent than he thought so he stopped caring? How is that professional behavior?

Working with people who don't know what they're doing is part and parcel of most jobs. He just needs to deal with it.

Quote:
You're going to have to be more specific in regards to his actions. What did or didn't he do because he gave up on them?
He began his relationship with them by lying to them, and no, stopping problems in the party is not a good excuse. Not sharing information gets people killed.

This guy is so used to choosing how he handles his tasks that when he gets put into a situation where he can't do that anymore, plus his teammates are weaker than him, his immediate response is to lie so he can continue to take action without sharing information and outside of what the group decides.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-28, 09:18   Link #62
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
You're ignoring the point.

He was willing to lie to them to avoid discord within the party as an excuse but then he finds out that they're less competent than he thought so he stopped caring? How is that professional behavior?

Working with people who don't know what they're doing is part and parcel of most jobs. He just needs to deal with it.

He began his relationship with them by lying to them, and no, stopping problems in the party is not a good excuse. Not sharing information gets people killed.

This guy is so used to choosing how he handles his tasks that when he gets put into a situation where he can't do that anymore, plus his teammates are weaker than him, his immediate response is to lie so he can continue to take action without sharing information and outside of what the group decides.
Discord in their relationship with him. If they knew his real level, they might fear him and obey him only out of fear, which would hinder the development of mutual respect. He never stopped "caring." He lowered his expectations to near zero, which wasn't wrong considering his assessment. That is dealing with it professionally.

You need to understand just how serious this is. The fate of humanity rests on the hero reaching his potential as soon as possible and they don't have much time to do it. The purpose of this party is to protect and nurture the hero. Aria and Limis can't do either. Their levels alone mean they have to be nurtured as well which will hinder the hero's development. They were supposed to help, but now they're a liability. This with the fate of humanity at stake.

He did not lie to them because he gave up on them. He lied to ensure peace among the group. As I said before, their level could be raised with time. He lowered his expectations to near zero when he found out they had limited skill sets as a result of circumstances afterward.

Not sharing information? Is this really your beef with Ares? How would telling them his real level change things? Nao didn't kick him out because of his low level. She did it because of her dislike of men. And if we're talking about keeping secrets, then Nao and co. are no better for keeping her gender a secret.

In spite of being kicked out, Ares has constantly worked behind the scenes to keep them safe and leveling efficiently. Though all of his efforts usually go to waste due to their poor judgement.

Last edited by bakato; 2018-10-28 at 09:30.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-28, 09:37   Link #63
Tenzen12

Well supporting them was his order. There is no virtue to that, if his order was to murder them in sleep instead...
Old 2018-10-28, 10:14   Link #64
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Discord in their relationship with him. If they knew his real level, they might fear him and obey him only out of fear, which would hinder the development of mutual respect.
Ares certainly doesn't behave as if he's interested in developing any kind of mutual respect with them after the fact.

Quote:
He did not lie to them because he gave up on them. He lied to ensure peace among the group.
Telling lies to keep the peace is a dumb idea anyways.

Not only does it create unnecessary work for him, it potentially risks their lives and in the event it gets revealed, which is high considering that they spend all of their time together, it erodes trust worse than simply telling the truth in the first place, which I would expect an experienced person like Ares to know.

The real reason he doesn't tell them is because he's decided they won't be of any use, so by concealing his level, he can take action outside of what the group decides, like he does when he's still with them.

Quote:
Not sharing information? Is this really your beef with Ares? How would telling them his real level change things?
Sharing information about their capabilities stops them from getting killed

Quote:
Nao didn't kick him out because of his low level.
I never said she did.

Quote:
And if we're talking about keeping secrets, then Nao and co. are no better for keeping her gender a secret.
False equivalency. She is in a strange world where people are holding all sorts of weird expectations of her, and she was told to hide the information from the Church, plus Ares certainly didn't even try to appear trustworthy.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-28, 10:57   Link #65
bakato

Quote:
Ares certainly doesn't behave as if he's interested in developing any kind of mutual respect with them after the fact.

Telling lies to keep the peace is a dumb idea anyways.

Not only does it create unnecessary work for him, it potentially risks their lives and in the event it gets revealed, which is high considering that they spend all of their time together, it erodes trust worse than simply telling the truth in the first place, which I would expect an experienced person like Ares to know.

The real reason he doesn't tell them is because he's decided they won't be of any use, so by concealing his level, he can take action outside of what the group decides, like he does when he's still with them.
Again. Elaborate on "doesn't behave." Socially speaking, the girls seemed to have kept their distance from him since day one.

That is an immature generalization.

It doesn't create any work for him. His abilities as a priest can be explained by his faith and high holy power, which isn't necessarily related to level. As for lying about it, it'll only be easier to keep as they level up. How does it risk their lives? His level is higher than he's saying. They're safer for it regardless and they're grinding in fields appropriate for their level. How does it erode trust? That could only happen if they found out and it's not really that big a deal if they find out when they've raised their levels.

Easy there, Sherlock. You could've just read the following paragraph of the scene where Ares explicitly stated level gaps yielded needles friction and could've hurt their confidence.

Quote:
Sharing information about their capabilities stops them from getting killed
Their? Was that a typo? Ares is overleveled. There's no risk of biting off more than they can chew though that didn't stop Nao. Plus, they might've used him as a crutch instead, which could've hindered their growth.

Quote:
I never said she did.
I know you didn't. My point is it wouldn't have changed anything. Nao would've thrown out the only capable professional in her party and jeopardized everything.

Quote:
False equivalency. She is in a strange world where people are holding all sorts of weird expectations of her, and she was told to hide the information from the Church, plus Ares certainly didn't even try to appear trustworthy.
She was told to hide it in general. Yet that didn't stop her from revealing it to Limis and Aria, presumably on their very first night. She kept it from Ares cause he had a dick. Plain and simple.
Old 2018-12-12, 00:40   Link #66
Tenzen12

Wow I really don't have clue if I should hate, love, love hating or hate loving Gregorio, but either way he is was fun antagonist, especially. Though I find pretty stupid that Ares bet he will spare Nao and Co. Dead people rarely learn their lesson...
Old 2018-12-12, 21:05   Link #67
heroeric

Have they explain why two of the hero's companions are so weak.
Also who was it that told the hero that they shouldn't tell anyone that they are a girl
heroeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 01:38   Link #68
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroeric View Post
Have they explain why two of the hero's companions are so weak.
Also who was it that told the hero that they shouldn't tell anyone that they are a girl
Spoiler for spoilers:
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 03:28   Link #69
heroeric

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Spoiler for spoilers:
I meant why wasn't someone more competent selected as the hero's companions
heroeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 03:50   Link #70
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroeric View Post
I meant why wasn't someone more competent selected as the hero's companions
Spoiler for spoiler:
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 04:25   Link #71
Nazotoria maid x

Spoiler for is in the middle nao?:
Nazotoria maid x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 13:34   Link #72
Tenzen12

It's not. I don't know much details as I just opened third volume but girl name is Stephene Veronide. She is holy caster like Amelia, seems to know Aria and Amelia from before and is most likely planted by Ares as party healer.

Once I finish I will say more.
Old 2019-03-21, 11:00   Link #73
Tenzen12

Finished Volume and it was fun.

Stephany "Stey" Veronide is main star of this volume. She was operator like Amelia and on paper she is very strong. She has contract with spirits of all eight elements, level 72 and have some total overkill spells too. She is also total dumbass and klutz and she was trained to such level just so she can survive everyday life. She learned magic at Limis place. She were becoming sort of reliable (more like manageable) by near end, but then Ares sold her for money (to her parents)

Limis apparently can't make contract with other spirits then Garnef, because he is too strong. In the end of volume party decided leave country hoping make contract with water spirit who is equally strong. I think Limis is close to connect dots about Ares hellping them from shadows (she should be given Stey causally dropped his name in front of her).

Amelia is super jelly.

Anyone who claim Ares isn't total Ass after this volume is loon. He is without doubt world class jerk.
Old 2020-07-26, 04:27   Link #74
VooXoo

I rememebr seeing the uploads for this novel translation often and then no more, the manga is getting translated and I needed some time to connect the 2 because is using another title.
I was expecting some weird, corrupted or overly complicated reason for the party composition and church guy being all "God will and stuff" with Ares, the spoilers cleared it.

Spoiler for Nao:

Can I ask for what reason did they put the sword girl in the party? When I understand that Ares was for his innate skill in completing the job and the mage having a high potential I don't see how the no mana girl will help later, unless there is some sword skill or magic weapon that she can use only thanks to that costitution, after all this story seems to have the higher ups being some know all and putting them together predicting they would increase their strenght in the best way.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-11, 07:57   Link #75
teddychan
Dj Pedobear

Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
any spoilers for new volume, cause i'm kind of getting pissed with Nao

http://t.garena.com/70462784
Find Dj aya or Dj Pedobear for more info

Greetings from Anime Daisuki!
AnimeDaisuki was created by saiben32.
For the Purpose of Inviting other Anime Lovers out there to talk and listen about anime.
AnimeDaisuki is a Room for Anime, Game and Music.
We welcome everyone to join our room.
Come and join and be an ULTIMATE OTAKU!
teddychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-11, 08:40   Link #76
Tenzen12

There are 4 volumes (stor arcs) right now, but I don't have clue when 5th will come out. Why are you pissed on Nao, I don't think Nao did anything too stupid recently?

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2020-08-11 at 09:00.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-11, 10:36   Link #77
tsunade666

I just finished what's transalated in the manga and I'm not looking forward on reading the novel. for now. I'm interested on the priest but not the hero, I read the debate in this thread but please tell me the hero party would improved. while it would probably be fun to read it for the priest but still, I prefer if the priest would just deal with the enemy, but no, setting wise, it needs the hero's divine protection. stupid setting.

it would improved? I'm not a fan or reading dumb stunts to be honest. I just lastly read lonely attack isekai vol 1 which sky translated and I don't want to sour my mood by reading annoying stunts made by the hero.
Old 2020-08-11, 11:24   Link #78
Tenzen12

obviously they will improve. They are all talented individuals after all. That said, Ares still have to get rid of various powerful enemies while they are grinding levels.

Nao and others may be still dumb at times, but they are good kids.
Old 2020-08-12, 23:00   Link #79
zztop

I wonder if there will ever be a LN Vol 5, considering it's been 2 years since Vol 4 came out in Jun 2018.

Author is still writing out Arc 5 on Kakuyomu, although I'm not sure if 2 years is considered too long for the series to lose reader relevance and publishers to drop it.

https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054880238351
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 14:29   Link #80
Lnlover

Any news on volume 5?
Lnlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mc expelled from party, mc is a priest, mc not overpowered, yuusha is a jerk, yuusha is a saint, yuusha party