AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-03-27, 17:44   Link #941
Frontier

Also, I guess they felt there wasn't enough explicit fanservice in an episode about a Harem being taught how to please their man so they drew Liscia's uniform super skintight under a kotatsu (and with some convenient placement of her buttons) .
Old 2022-03-27, 17:47   Link #942
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Also, I guess they felt there wasn't enough explicit fanservice in an episode about a Harem being taught how to please their man so they drew Liscia's uniform super skintight under a kotatsu (and with some convenient placement of her buttons) .
That booklet on Souma's fetishes probably has a chapter on the tailoring of uniforms.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-27, 18:00   Link #943
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That booklet on Souma's fetishes probably has a chapter on the tailoring of uniforms.
Let's see if it sticks. That was like manga Liscia proportions .
Old 2022-03-28, 02:18   Link #944
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Trying to remember if the bridal course was supposed to take place in this volume or was it after Naden was introduced? Anybody who read the LN refresh my memory
It was supposed to take place in v05, while Naden appears in v06.
Quote:
The amount of fan-service in this Series is quite low, so its not surprising.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-28, 02:39   Link #945
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
It was supposed to take place in v05, while Naden appears in v06.
At that point in the story, does Soma actually confess to love (like real romantic love, not just shallow/familial/pet/respect-kind-of love) any of them? Since there is no sincere love confession from Soma in this episode, I'm kinda curious. I mean, I know Liscia is the strongest contender in the anime since even under magic-hypnosis, Soma chose to tell it to her personally (even though we don't know if it's real love yet).
Old 2022-03-28, 17:15   Link #946
Tenzen12

It's good Empire isn't going simply copy Friedonia policies, but that apparently doesn't stop them from adapting it's biggest mistake.
Old 2022-03-28, 20:00   Link #947
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
At that point in the story, does Soma actually confess to love (like real romantic love, not just shallow/familial/pet/respect-kind-of love) any of them? Since there is no sincere love confession from Soma in this episode, I'm kinda curious. I mean, I know Liscia is the strongest contender in the anime since even under magic-hypnosis, Soma chose to tell it to her personally (even though we don't know if it's real love yet).
It felt like they were foreshadowing Souma confessing, although Liscia just casually admitting she had feelings for him and no one batting an eye makes me wonder if they'd even treat that as a big deal .
Old 2022-03-28, 23:15   Link #948
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
It felt like they were foreshadowing Souma confessing, although Liscia just casually admitting she had feelings for him and no one batting an eye makes me wonder if they'd even treat that as a big deal .
Huh? The fact that all the would-be wives love Some is already common knowledge now, right? The main issue is whether or not Soma truly loves them back.
Old 2022-03-29, 08:06   Link #949
moridin84
Custom User Title

Doesn't really matter whether he does or not anyways.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-29, 10:46   Link #950
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Huh? The fact that all the would-be wives love Some is already common knowledge now, right? The main issue is whether or not Soma truly loves them back.
I don't think Liscia's feelings were explicitly confirmed, at least between the two of them. She was coy with her feelings around him during their incognito "date" and only kissed him while he was asleep. It seemed like it could be construed as just an expectation of their position were it not for her genuine feelings.
Old 2022-03-29, 11:44   Link #951
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

It wouldn't really work as a harem if Liscia was still indecisive. The entire formula is predicated on the girls all being thirsty while the MC can't decide or wants to hold out for whatever reason.

I'm guessing it'll be sort of like DxD where Liscia is first and everyone else is in the batting order but since people are saying Excel's secret seminar is from a future volume I wonder if we'll even get to the next level with the harem at all. Maybe we'll even get something anime original.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-31, 16:34   Link #952
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
It wouldn't really work as a harem if Liscia was still indecisive. The entire formula is predicated on the girls all being thirsty while the MC can't decide or wants to hold out for whatever reason.

I'm guessing it'll be sort of like DxD where Liscia is first and everyone else is in the batting order but since people are saying Excel's secret seminar is from a future volume I wonder if we'll even get to the next level with the harem at all. Maybe we'll even get something anime original.
Well with DxD, there's a clear Top 3 and everyone else is basically in the #4 spot.
Old 2022-04-02, 13:06   Link #953
Frontier

I guess it was about time Souma met Liscia's parents properly outside their meeting in the first episode, which shines a new light on a lot of what's happened in the series so far .

Liscia's dad has always seemed like a bumbling king, but it turns out there was much more that to his reasoning for making Souma king on the spot and pairing him with Liscia, and there's a lot of pain, regret, and planning put in place to ensure Souma's success and acknowledging why he had to be king for one reason or another .

Turns out this technically isn't the first time they've summoned Souma as the Hero or had him try to fix the country, except the first time Souma was made Prime Minister instead of king, and that didn't give him the power and stature he needed to protect him from the greedy nobles who they weren't able to purge, so the king had to send him away to Georg for his own protection...which ends up dooming the kingdom. Jeez .

It must sting when your wife plainly tells you you're a failure, even if you agree, although it turns out that he's not even technically her first husband, because Liscia's mom has been using her powers to transfer her memories back multiple times to try and find the right spouse to marry for the prosperity of the kingdom, and Liscia's dad is just the latest one. But to his credit, Liscia's dad managed to keep the kingdom going longer than others and it's the first time she's managed to have a child, and it's clear now that Liscia's parents genuinely love and care for each other, especially now that they can relax and just focus on each other .

So what was Liscia's fate in the bad timeline? Well, she still ended up falling in love with Souma, but that meant she ended up dying with him when the war the kingdom became embroiled in engulfed Georg's castle with them in it. Although all things considered, it was nice to know that the pair falling in love is a temporal constant and to see Liscia's ponytail again, if only briefly .

I love how Souma wasn't prepared to have to wrestle with time travel in this Isekai experience. Also knowing that he's voiced by a guy known for Returning by Death .

So the former royal couple and Georg have been working behind the scenes to ensure the safety and viability of Souma's rule, thus orchestrating the plot that rooted out the corrupt nobles (sorry Castor), and pairing Souma and Liscia together along with the friends and comrades they've encountered have helped create a new future .

Well, I guess Liscia's parents have earned getting to live in seclusion and not have to worry about the drama of running the kingdom anymore. I hope they come back for Liscia's wedding at least .

Nothing more romantic than Souma and Liscia cozying up amidst the snow right when New Years fireworks are about to start...which is the perfect chance for Souma to finally confess his feelings for Liscia and properly ask her to marry him, which is a long time coming. And Liscia finally mutually responds by properly saying she loves him as well, and the pair share their first proper kiss over fireworks, which is utterly perfect. All it took was becoming a princess but Rem finally won Subaru to herself .

Souma ends the series introducing Happy New Years' greetings and New Years' resolutions to his fiances and companions and proclaiming that together they'll continue to strive towards prosperity and success for the kingdom. Which is a pretty nice point to end on .
Old 2022-04-02, 13:24   Link #954
zeross87

i knew it was comming since last week since i'm a novel reader but even knowing that was a damn satisfying episode to watch.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-02, 13:39   Link #955
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Well, its finally over, with a surprise time looping plotline to add some extra legitimacy (or something) to Souma's reign. The Liscia scene was kind of cute, though more development in the current timeline would have been preferable to the the time-crossed lovers thing. Overall the series went from a solid 7/10 in cour 1 to about a 3/10 in cour 2.
Old 2022-04-02, 14:29   Link #956
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Well, its finally over, with a surprise time looping plotline to add some extra legitimacy (or something) to Souma's reign. The Liscia scene was kind of cute, though more development in the current timeline would have been preferable to the the time-crossed lovers thing. Overall the series went from a solid 7/10 in cour 1 to about a 3/10 in cour 2.
To be honest, I got what I wanted which was a mutual confession and kiss between Souma and Liscia, so everything else was just..okay .

I still miss Liscia's ponytail...
Old 2022-04-02, 15:41   Link #957
Huh...?

Considering the "Fin" at the end, i guess the chance of getting a Season 3 is really low.
I guess, this is why they did the "Fiancee Training" plot earlier in the Anime, compared to LN.

But then again, we are going to get a Live-Stream on 9th April and then on 17th April, so......

Quote:
Well, I guess Liscia's parents have earned getting to live in seclusion and not have to worry about the drama of running the kingdom anymore.
Well, in the LN, they didn't go into seclusion, but rather retired to Albert's Home Domain (remember, he was married into the Royalty, and originally he was a normal Noble, so he had his own region which he personally ruled).

Last edited by Huh...?; 2022-04-02 at 16:21.
Old 2022-04-02, 15:56   Link #958
grecefar

He was truly a fool king.

It would be interesting to see the timeline were he was prime ministre, he was sure that he survived with liscia. He would find hakuya first and start to rebuild and meet the same people he met in this new timeline.

Nice season.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-02, 16:17   Link #959
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
It would be interesting to see the timeline were he was prime ministre, he was sure that he survived with liscia. He would find hakuya first and start to rebuild and meet the same people he met in this new timeline.
In the Light Novel, there is a chapter in later volume, which talks about Elisha's life and her abilities (including the Alternate Timelines).

But that's all in Volume 10 of the Light Novel. The Anime had only covered until the plot of Volume 04 (with a small plot part from Volume 05 in Episode 25).

Old 2022-04-02, 17:00   Link #960
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I couldn't help but thinking that storyline sounds way more interesting.

I didn't think much of it when they said polyandry is a thing but apparently Liscia's mom does kind of have a reverse harem -- through time and space? What does it even count as when you can rewind every time your hubby fucks it all up and the kingdom burns down?